ImageImageImage

Robert Williams, aka "Timelord"

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,429

Re: Robert Williams, aka TimeLord 

Post#81 » by playa-hater » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:40 pm

MSTRJMES wrote:Rob needs to shoot 500 top of the key threes a day….

I had this discussion before. I want no part of Timelord developing a 3 point shot. It would take him away from his great vertical spacing. What I would want is a nice mid-range shot (he is not bad at that) so he can still be close enough to dunk back misses and offensive rebounds.

A great example of that was KG. When he was at Minny he started knocking down 3 pointers and was getting pretty good at it. My guess is he hated being called a center and wanted to expand his game. But when he came to Boston, he became a great mid-range shooter. He could space the court for penetrations yet stay close enough for rebounds. He also had a great post up and turnaround jumper. Both mid-range and turnaround jumpers I believe RW could use and probably do well at.

Shak, don't kill me!
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Justin33
Sixth Man
And1: 1,067

Post#82 » by Justin33 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:42 pm

Out again,Completely unreliable
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,802

Post#83 » by Parliament10 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:19 pm

Justin33 wrote:Out again,Completely unreliable

Green font???
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Justin33
Sixth Man

Post#84 » by Justin33 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:53 pm

Parliament10 wrote:

Green font???

Nope, What is his best consecutive games played streak?
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,309

Post#85 » by hugepatsfan » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:53 pm

playa-hater wrote:

I had this discussion before. I want no part of Timelord developing a 3 point shot. It would take him away from his great vertical spacing. What I would want is a nice mid-range shot (he is not bad at that) so he can still be close enough to dunk back misses and offensive rebounds.

A great example of that was KG. When he was at Minny he started knocking down 3 pointers and was getting pretty good at it. My guess is he hated being called a center and wanted to expand his game. But when he came to Boston, he became a great mid-range shooter. He could space the court for penetrations yet stay close enough for rebounds. He also had a great post up and turnaround jumper. Both mid-range and turnaround jumpers I believe RW could use and probably do well at.

Shak, don't kill me!

KG never took 3s in MIN. He should have though. If his jumpers were counting for 3 instead of 2 he's probably be in discussion for top 10 all time instead of top 20.
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,309

Post#86 » by hugepatsfan » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:55 pm

Justin33 wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:

Green font???

Not saying this isn't a legit concern, but he's out today to be there for the birth of his first child. That's just not something to throw up as a discussion point for this topic.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#87 » by Parliament10 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:02 pm

hugepatsfan wrote:
Justin33 wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:Green font???

Not saying this isn't a legit concern, but he's out today to be there for the birth of his first child. That's just not something to throw up as a discussion point for this topic.

Totally Agree.

Actually, it's their 2nd Child.
But the point still Stands.

There are more important things than Basketball.
Says a Father of 4. Grandfather of 6.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,429

Post#88 » by playa-hater » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:02 pm

hugepatsfan wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

Shak, don't kill me!

KG never took 3s in MIN. He should have though. If his jumpers were counting for 3 instead of 2 he's probably be in discussion for top 10 all time instead of top 20.

KG averaged about/near 1 attempt per game for about 5 years on Minny with a high of 1.4 per game. On Boston his high was 0.7 with an average near 0.2.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Justin33
Sixth Man

Post#89 » by Justin33 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:13 pm

hugepatsfan wrote:
Justin33 wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:Green font???

Not his first child
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#90 » by Parliament10 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:15 pm

Justin33 wrote:
hugepatsfan wrote:
Justin33 wrote:

Not his first child

Ok???
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,221

Post#91 » by zoyathedestroya » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:02 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Smart2Nesmith43
Sixth Man
And1: 4,139

Post#92 » by Smart2Nesmith43 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:45 pm

Justin33 wrote:
hugepatsfan wrote:
Justin33 wrote:

Not his first child

So what ? Only the first chlld matters ? What is this, the middle ages :lol:

Even if missing a game for the birth of a child was an issue (which really it isn't), how many games do you think that will cost Timelord over the course of his Celtics career ? Can't imagine it'll be more than a game per season and like who cares ? Nobody plays 82 games anymore.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,954

Post#93 » by 31to6 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:53 pm

did Rob Williams III just name his child Hendrix Rome Williams?

gentleman is in HIS PRIME!

(paging Marley2Hendrix, paging Marley2Hendrix, the prophecy is beginning to unfold)
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
lon3lytoaster
Head Coach
And1: 5,529

Post#94 » by lon3lytoaster » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:01 am

Are there really some folks upset he missed a couple games for a child birth? In the regular season?

He’s been healthy this season and consistently has played big minutes. Still a long way to go but this season has been encouraging
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,221

Post#95 » by djFan71 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:03 am

31to6 wrote:did Rob Williams III just name his child Hendrix Rome Williams?

gentleman is in HIS PRIME!

(paging Marley2Hendrix, paging Marley2Hendrix, the prophecy is beginning to unfold)

Nice shout out to Langford as well. Subtle, but it's there.
Justin33
Sixth Man

Post#96 » by Justin33 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:06 am

Smart2Nesmith43 wrote:
Justin33 wrote:
hugepatsfan wrote:

Not his first child

Even if missing a game for the birth of a child was an issue (which really it isn't), how many games do you think that will cost Timelord over the course of his Celtics career ? Can't imagine it'll be more than a game per season and like who cares ? Nobody plays 82 games anymore.

Out again, Keep on making excuses for him
bfchs123
Senior
And1: 1,439

Post#97 » by bfchs123 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:18 pm

If you're Rob Williams looking back at your life, would you rather have gotten to spent a few days with your newborn child or missed that experience to play a few random regular season games for a mediocre .500 team.

Seems obvious, I don't fault him at all (same with even if we were actually a good team)
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,797

Post#98 » by Larry_Russell » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:52 pm

Justin33 wrote:
Smart2Nesmith43 wrote:
Justin33 wrote:
Not his first child

Sorry, but this is a dumb post.
Smart2Nesmith43
Sixth Man
And1: 4,139

Post#99 » by Smart2Nesmith43 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:29 pm

Justin33 wrote:
Smart2Nesmith43 wrote:
Justin33 wrote:
Not his first child

Studies have consistently shown that paternity leave leads to closer father/son relationships, happier fathers (both in their general life and in term of job satisfaction), better health for the mother and the child, more gender equality in the household and fewer divorces. Feel free to dow your own research on the subject if you don't believe me.

If/when you or someone else for that matter have kids and they decide not to take any leave that's their prerogative. But when I see people like you stigmatising someone for doing the healthy thing for themselves and their family, I'm sorry but I think it's messed up.

With this dumb debate, I realize I forgot to congratulate Williams on his new born. May he lead a long, healthy and interesting life.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,954

Post#100 » by 31to6 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:30 pm

yup, anyone with criticism for this should look up the word 'priorities.'
Goes for Gordon in the bubble playoffs as well -- put your family first. A.l.w.a.y.s.
Back to the topic, Rob is awesome and I'm so glad he slid in the draft to us. And I found a video analyzing him shooting jump shots(!) in college(!) -- spoiler alert, all you need to watch is that first clip to know that KG was right re: ANYTHING and POSSIBILENESS
Paul Pierce appreciation society.

Return to Boston Celtics