ImageImageImage

Ainge Retires - Stevens to Front Office - Celtics search for New Head Coach

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Re: Ainge Retires - Stevens to Front Office - Celtics search for New Head Coach 

Post#1841 » by themoneyteam2 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 2:45 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#1842 » by themoneyteam2 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 2:47 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#1843 » by return2glory » Sat Jun 5, 2021 3:27 am

SmartWentCrazy wrote:Boston fans once chanted ‘wife beater’ at Jason Kidd; I cannot see this team hiring him

Even if he was the husband of the year, the Celtics shouldn’t hire him because he is an average coach and has had plenty of chances as a head coach.

I want new blood. Billups was my first choice but someone brought up a rape charge. If that’s true, that’s a hard thing to overlook.

At this point I would be really good with J. Howard as my first option. Kara would be great too. Sam as well.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,817

Post#1844 » by bucknersrevenge » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:01 am

Kara Lawson was brought on to Duke, recruited her first class and their season ended promptly after 4 games. Sure, being a woman coach in the NBA is a dream but Lawson does not strike me as the type who would bail on those promises this early in her tenure. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if she outright declines to interview.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,221

Post#1845 » by djFan71 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:46 am

bucknersrevenge wrote:Kara Lawson was brought on to Duke, recruited her first class and their season ended promptly after 4 games. Sure, being a woman coach in the NBA is a dream but Lawson does not strike me as the type who would bail on those promises this early in her tenure. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if she outright declines to interview.

The average tenure of an nba head coach vs the possible longevity in her Duke position also would be a big factor as well. Would suck to take the Cs job, have Tatum ask out in 2 years, and get canned and have given up the Duke job for the privilege.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,429

Post#1846 » by playa-hater » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:46 am

bucknersrevenge wrote:Kara Lawson was brought on to Duke, recruited her first class and their season ended promptly after 4 games. Sure, being a woman coach in the NBA is a dream but Lawson does not strike me as the type who would bail on those promises this early in her tenure. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if she outright declines to interview.

Perhaps. But I think if she explained to her recruits that she has a chance to make history, they would understand and might actually encourage the move.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,817

Post#1847 » by bucknersrevenge » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:58 am

playa-hater wrote:

Perhaps. But I think if she explained to her recruits that she has a chance to make history, they would understand and might actually encourage the move.

On that I agree. If she really wanted it and wanted to make history, I think she definitely would have their blessing. I'm just saying that from what I've gleaned from her she's never struck me as the type that would put herself ahead of the needs of those recruits and the promises she made to them in the first place.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
AthrunZala
Freshman
And1: 25

Re: Ainge stepping down? 

Post#1848 » by AthrunZala » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:01 am

[quote="Bar Fight"]The irony of Ainge's career ending at the hands of the Nets...

Man.[/quote]

poetic justice
RB34
RealGM
And1: 14,393

Post#1849 » by RB34 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:09 am

Dame wants Kidd, that probably takes him off the table for us. I couldn’t be happier!
robdog_5
Veteran
And1: 2,155

Post#1850 » by robdog_5 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:13 am

RB34 wrote:Dame wants Kidd, that probably takes him off the table for us. I couldn’t be happier!

Ok. Again I live in Dallas and listening to the radio they are talking about Kidd and Dame but saying they are hearing Kidd is the favorite in Boston. That's news to me, anyone else hear that? I'll be honest I haven't looked in this thread much because of the bickering and debates I simply wasn't interested in
RB34
RealGM
And1: 14,393

Post#1851 » by RB34 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:22 am

robdog_5 wrote:
RB34 wrote:Dame wants Kidd, that probably takes him off the table for us. I couldn’t be happier!

Ok. Again I live in Dallas and listening to the radio they are talking about Kidd and Dame but saying they are hearing Kidd is the favorite in Boston. That's news to me, anyone else hear that? I'll be honest I haven't looked in this thread much because of the bickering and debates I simply wasn't interested in

I haven’t heard anything about Kidd to Boston but I haven’t exactly been looking for it. I just saw Chris Haynes reporting the Dame/Kidd stuff.
JHTruth
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#1852 » by JHTruth » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:55 am

playa-hater wrote:

Recruits don't give a flying f*** about their coach "making history". They are there to make the WNBA if they can. Why would I go to a place the coach is bailing on?
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,488

Post#1853 » by Kalela » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:01 am

If they will go for a new, less experienced coach I hope they hire Jerry Stackhouse.
Fire Mazzulla
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,412

Post#1854 » by Captain_Caveman » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:45 am

playa-hater wrote:

100%.

What women's NCAA player would not want to say that they were recruited by a current NBA head coach? They could transfer, or stay and play for the next qualified coach that they hire.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,281

Post#1855 » by chrisab123 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 10:42 am

Jason Kidd would make this a doormat, jobber franchise kind of like Washington.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#1856 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sat Jun 5, 2021 11:06 am

BleedGreen1989 wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:I can't think of many worse candidates than Pierce. Truly awful coach who has no business being at this level. I think he might work in college in a small conference.

Seriously.

When you're fired and your team immediately takes off, that's likely not a great endorsement.

Pssst, look up when Bogdanovic came back and ask yourself who really was the reason they took off.

Also, he was doomed to fail cuz Trae is a dick personality type and hated him. The Jays are built differently than Trae
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#1857 » by jirrit » Sat Jun 5, 2021 11:07 am

Say no to Kidd.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1858 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sat Jun 5, 2021 11:07 am

The Comedian wrote:
GoCeltics123 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:My prediction, Lawson with Pierce as lead assistant.

I would LOVE this but I doubt Kara leaves Duke, Lloyd Pierce as an assistant is great though

So I get the Duke thing, but like.....it’s for the opportunity to be the first female head coach in major American sports history. No recruits or players would hold anything against her for that.

It’s an INCREDIBLE opportunity.

Theyd respect her more for breaking the barrier
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1859 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sat Jun 5, 2021 11:09 am

moonie_mcgee wrote:Belichick said Stevens would thrive in his new role. So out of respect i'm going to wait and see. I still see Stevens going back to coaching by this time next year. I can't imagine his hanging up the whistle at his age and with certain goals not met. Also a bit concerned his presence will be a bit too strong from the FO. Coaches need certain freedoms and Stevens door may be left too open too much for the players.

Belichick has literally praised everyone at everything other than Charlie Casserly lol
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1860 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sat Jun 5, 2021 11:10 am

The Comedian wrote:
Gomes3PC wrote:Tatum has alpha game. He just needs to grow into that as a leader. Once he realizes how good he is and carries himself that way, he's going to take another leap. In a way I hope the struggles he had at times this year build that chip/F-you swagger I think he needs to push to the next level.

I think we started to see that from the Wizards play in game and on. The play in and then games 3/4/5, he looked like that rare alpha scorer who you can’t stop from getting wherever they want, and both he and the other team knew it.

April on, honestly. He CRUSHED that Spurs game and took all the shots while everyone was bricking everything

Return to Boston Celtics