ImageImageImage

Ainge Retires - Stevens to Front Office - Celtics search for New Head Coach

Moderators: ParticleMan, sully00, The Comedian, Parliament10, canman1971, djFan71, Froob

GuyClinch
RealGM
Posts: 13,345
And1: 1,477
Joined: Jul 19, 2004

Re: Ainge Retires - Stevens to Front Office - Celtics search for New Head Coach 

Post#1921 » by GuyClinch » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:40 pm

Theocy wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
jonige94 wrote:Hope they dont hire a coach just because they have a certain skin colour or gender, i want them to hire the most competent person regardless of what physical attributes they have.

Officially Warned.
This is Prejudicial, and goes against our Zero Tolerance policy.


~ Parl


? That post is by definition not prejudicial. Are we saying we hire someone because of skin colour?


Are you not familiar with the woke movement? Not considering race is racist.
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 32,404
And1: 35,163
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Ainge Retires - Stevens to Front Office - Celtics search for New Head Coach 

Post#1922 » by Parliament10 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:53 pm

GuyClinch wrote:
Theocy wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:Officially Warned.
This is Prejudicial, and goes against our Zero Tolerance policy.


~ Parl


? That post is by definition not prejudicial. Are we saying we hire someone because of skin colour?


Are you not familiar with the woke movement? Not considering race is racist.

Zero Tolerance Policy
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2087387
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
jonige94
Junior
Posts: 471
And1: 386
Joined: Jun 12, 2019
     

Re: Ainge Retires - Stevens to Front Office - Celtics search for New Head Coach 

Post#1923 » by jonige94 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:54 pm

I got warned for that, are you for real?

What in the world did i say that was wrong?
jayu70
RealGM
Posts: 13,130
And1: 9,588
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: Ainge Retires - Stevens to Front Office - Celtics search for New Head Coach 

Post#1924 » by jayu70 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 2:09 pm

Garbanzo wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:
ajones9219 wrote:
Im not pulling for Pierce to get the job but he got a raw deal. Dealt with a huge slew of injuries that basically resolved itself right after he got canned. The injuries made it look a LOT worse than it was.


This piece also brings up the issue that Pierce was giving a young team a lot of freedom (to screw up) and that they’ve done better because McMillan has provided more structure:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/4/15/22385033/atlanta-hawks-trae-young-nate-mcmillan


And that's why I think Brad likes him.
Anyway Pierce's offensive philosophy is more rigid than Brad's and it may work well for the Celtics.
I hope Cassel will be the next HC, but wouldn't mind Pierce or Billups.

Hawks fan here:
It wasn't just the losing record that got Pierce fired, it was losing too many games in the 4th quarter when they had big enough leads.
The biggest reason for his firing though was his approach to Trae, not so much on the court since his system showcased, he was hard on Trae which Trae didn't mind but I think this and others situations like this (the Olympic team) is where he really lost Trae.

This is the Official Hawks Play by Play guy in this interview:
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Zeroforwinger
Junior
Posts: 345
And1: 314
Joined: Jun 22, 2017
       

Re: Ainge Retires - Stevens to Front Office - Celtics search for New Head Coach 

Post#1925 » by Zeroforwinger » Sun Jun 6, 2021 2:16 pm

Triple M wrote:Lawson
Cassell
Billups
Stackhouse

I would love any of the 4. I don't know any of them beneath the surface, but I feel Lawson and Billups have a general intelligence that can fit with Brad.


Stackhouse, who has gone 20-37 at Vandy is the guy you want? Is there someone else with that name? Am I just confused?
User avatar
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
Posts: 17,780
And1: 12,207
Joined: Mar 04, 2010
Location: In a van down by the river.
   

Re: Ainge Retires - Stevens to Front Office - Celtics search for New Head Coach 

Post#1926 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Sun Jun 6, 2021 2:17 pm

I think it'll be Sam Cassell as a head coach and Clifford as the assistant coach.
*Insert witty signature here.*
watsonthedragon
Rookie
Posts: 1,164
And1: 1,563
Joined: Jun 25, 2015
     

Re: Ainge Retires - Stevens to Front Office - Celtics search for New Head Coach 

Post#1927 » by watsonthedragon » Sun Jun 6, 2021 2:19 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
GuyClinch wrote:
Theocy wrote:
? That post is by definition not prejudicial. Are we saying we hire someone because of skin colour?


Are you not familiar with the woke movement? Not considering race is racist.

Zero Tolerance Policy
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2087387


Can you explain how his post goes against this policy? He’s literally saying skin color should not be a factor...
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 20,394
And1: 34,396
Joined: Dec 29, 2014

Re: Ainge Retires - Stevens to Front Office - Celtics search for New Head Coach 

Post#1928 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun Jun 6, 2021 2:30 pm

watsonthedragon wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
GuyClinch wrote:
Are you not familiar with the woke movement? Not considering race is racist.

Zero Tolerance Policy
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2087387


Can you explain how his post goes against this policy? He’s literally saying skin color should not come into play...


Because what **** relevance does skin color or sex have to do with anything. No one here has suggested anyone unqualified for the job. So why is he bringing it up?

Answer: We all know why. Its to imply the people being suggested arent qualified and are being mentioned because theyre black and/or have a vagina. Lets stop pretending he wasnt doing what we all know he was doing.
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 32,404
And1: 35,163
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Ainge Retires - Stevens to Front Office - Celtics search for New Head Coach 

Post#1929 » by Parliament10 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 2:41 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
watsonthedragon wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:Zero Tolerance Policy
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2087387


Can you explain how his post goes against this policy? He’s literally saying skin color should not come into play...


Because what **** relevance does skin color or sex have to do with anything. No one here has suggested anyone unqualified for the job. So why is he bringing it up?

Answer: We all know why. Its to imply the people being suggested arent qualified and are being mentioned because theyre black and/or have a vagina. Lets stop pretending he wasnt doing what we all know he was doing.

Thank You, SmartWentCrazy.

Let's all just try and stay clear of Race & Sex as the subject.
Focus on the job itself.
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
gocelts
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,761
And1: 1,528
Joined: Jan 23, 2004
Location: Illadelphia

Re: Ainge Retires - Stevens to Front Office - Celtics search for New Head Coach 

Post#1930 » by gocelts » Sun Jun 6, 2021 2:41 pm

Bohemian wrote:Maybe Brad is waiting for Clippers or Sixers to be eliminated. Apparently we can't talk to Billups or Cassell as long as their season is still in play, right?



I wouldnt be surprised if Danny and Brad had the off record conversation back in March with both Doc and Sam regarding Sam's availability and opportunity in Boston. If Doc isn't retiring any time soon, Sam is definitely ripe to leave Philly.


Billups not being brought in ASAP just leads me to believe that this has all been somewhat planned out and the media "insiders" know absolutely nothing (as usual) when it comes to Boston.
~gocelts
jonige94
Junior
Posts: 471
And1: 386
Joined: Jun 12, 2019
     

Re: Ainge Retires - Stevens to Front Office - Celtics search for New Head Coach 

Post#1931 » by jonige94 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:02 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
watsonthedragon wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:Zero Tolerance Policy
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2087387


Can you explain how his post goes against this policy? He’s literally saying skin color should not come into play...


Because what **** relevance does skin color or sex have to do with anything. No one here has suggested anyone unqualified for the job. So why is he bringing it up?

Answer: We all know why. Its to imply the people being suggested arent qualified and are being mentioned because theyre black and/or have a vagina. Lets stop pretending he wasnt doing what we all know he was doing.

Lol, yeah, i was totally implying that, it's just hard to admit you're wrong, i know.
User avatar
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
Posts: 13,886
And1: 34,197
Joined: Nov 05, 2017

Re: Ainge Retires - Stevens to Front Office - Celtics search for New Head Coach 

Post#1932 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:03 pm

Evan Turner signing will pay off if he can recruit former teammate Dame. Maybe even as Pritchard's backup.

Read on Twitter
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 20,394
And1: 34,396
Joined: Dec 29, 2014

Re: Ainge Retires - Stevens to Front Office - Celtics search for New Head Coach 

Post#1933 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:07 pm

jonige94 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
watsonthedragon wrote:
Can you explain how his post goes against this policy? He’s literally saying skin color should not come into play...


Because what **** relevance does skin color or sex have to do with anything. No one here has suggested anyone unqualified for the job. So why is he bringing it up?

Answer: We all know why. Its to imply the people being suggested arent qualified and are being mentioned because theyre black and/or have a vagina. Lets stop pretending he wasnt doing what we all know he was doing.

Lol, yeah, i was totally implying that, it's just hard to admit you're wrong, i know.


You were, and now youre acting like a child and throwing a tantrum cuz youre upset about it.
jonige94
Junior
Posts: 471
And1: 386
Joined: Jun 12, 2019
     

Re: Ainge Retires - Stevens to Front Office - Celtics search for New Head Coach 

Post#1934 » by jonige94 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:09 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
jonige94 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
Because what **** relevance does skin color or sex have to do with anything. No one here has suggested anyone unqualified for the job. So why is he bringing it up?

Answer: We all know why. Its to imply the people being suggested arent qualified and are being mentioned because theyre black and/or have a vagina. Lets stop pretending he wasnt doing what we all know he was doing.

Lol, yeah, i was totally implying that, it's just hard to admit you're wrong, i know.


You were, and now youre acting like a child and throwing a tantrum cuz youre upset about it.

Oh no, my life is ruining because two sensitive people can't interpret english!!1111111
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 20,394
And1: 34,396
Joined: Dec 29, 2014

Re: Ainge Retires - Stevens to Front Office - Celtics search for New Head Coach 

Post#1935 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:11 pm

jonige94 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
jonige94 wrote:Lol, yeah, i was totally implying that, it's just hard to admit you're wrong, i know.


You were, and now youre acting like a child and throwing a tantrum cuz youre upset about it.

Oh no, my life is ruining because two sensitive people can't interpret english!!1111111


Now you try to denigrate me by insinuating I’m either:

a) dumb, or
b) ESL

Sweet personal attack. Feel better?

Also, LOL at insulting my ability to interpret English when you cant even write a coherent sentence.
User avatar
GoCeltics123
RealGM
Posts: 13,691
And1: 24,984
Joined: May 05, 2015
         

Re: Ainge Retires - Stevens to Front Office - Celtics search for New Head Coach 

Post#1936 » by GoCeltics123 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:12 pm

Read on Twitter


Let's see how Blazers fans are taking the Kidd rumors...oh
THIS TEAM IS RUINING MY LIFE

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 32,404
And1: 35,163
Joined: Jul 24, 2009
       

Re: Ainge Retires - Stevens to Front Office - Celtics search for New Head Coach 

Post#1937 » by Parliament10 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:13 pm

jonige94 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
jonige94 wrote:Lol, yeah, i was totally implying that, it's just hard to admit you're wrong, i know.


You were, and now youre acting like a child and throwing a tantrum cuz youre upset about it.

Oh no, my life is ruining because two sensitive people can't interpret english!!1111111

You're Derailing the Thread now.
Inboxes are open.


~ Parl
"It's not about me, it's about the Team."
~ Marcus Smart
User avatar
GoCeltics123
RealGM
Posts: 13,691
And1: 24,984
Joined: May 05, 2015
         

Re: Ainge Retires - Stevens to Front Office - Celtics search for New Head Coach 

Post#1938 » by GoCeltics123 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:19 pm

Read on Twitter


Metta World Peace, next Celtics Head Coach lol
THIS TEAM IS RUINING MY LIFE





Read on Twitter
Triple7
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,375
And1: 3,872
Joined: Aug 23, 2018
 

Re: Ainge Retires - Stevens to Front Office - Celtics search for New Head Coach 

Post#1939 » by Triple7 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:23 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Garbanzo wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:
This piece also brings up the issue that Pierce was giving a young team a lot of freedom (to screw up) and that they’ve done better because McMillan has provided more structure:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/4/15/22385033/atlanta-hawks-trae-young-nate-mcmillan


And that's why I think Brad likes him.
Anyway Pierce's offensive philosophy is more rigid than Brad's and it may work well for the Celtics.
I hope Cassel will be the next HC, but wouldn't mind Pierce or Billups.

Hawks fan here:
It wasn't just the losing record that got Pierce fired, it was losing too many games in the 4th quarter when they had big enough leads.
The biggest reason for his firing though was his approach to Trae, not so much on the court since his system showcased, he was hard on Trae which Trae didn't mind but I think this and others situations like this (the Olympic team) is where he really lost Trae.

This is the Official Hawks Play by Play guy in this interview:
Read on Twitter
?s=20


If true, hard pass on Lloyd Pierce.
User avatar
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
Posts: 13,882
And1: 7,194
Joined: May 13, 2003
Location: 17 Championship BLVD
       

Re: Ainge Retires - Stevens to Front Office - Celtics search for New Head Coach 

Post#1940 » by canman1971 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:38 pm

jonige94 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
watsonthedragon wrote:
Can you explain how his post goes against this policy? He’s literally saying skin color should not come into play...


Because what **** relevance does skin color or sex have to do with anything. No one here has suggested anyone unqualified for the job. So why is he bringing it up?

Answer: We all know why. Its to imply the people being suggested arent qualified and are being mentioned because theyre black and/or have a vagina. Lets stop pretending he wasnt doing what we all know he was doing.

Lol, yeah, i was totally implying that, it's just hard to admit you're wrong, i know.

Dude, you knew what you were doing. I'm hopeful it was intent, but you knew the reaction you would get. You got warned, so move on. Keep it up and you'll make it worse. Canman

Return to Boston Celtics