ImageImageImage

Woj: Ime Udoka Named Head Coach

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Re: Woj: Ime Udoka Named Head Coach 

Post#401 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed Dec 8, 2021 10:41 am

Larry_Russell wrote:Ime is running guys into the ground.
Ime insists on defense only lineups

Brad brought in NO offensive players

Brav, our team is much better than last year. Even having guys like Schroeder and Horfie is enough to justify the fans expecting a better offense than what we've shown. Add to that the fact that Grant has developed and Richardson has been an okay 6th man.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM

Post#402 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed Dec 8, 2021 10:45 am

Jaqua92 wrote:Does anyone else feel like has done a great job in getting these guys under control?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nope, and I can't only blame him, but Tatum looks more out of control than ever.
We're average with a better roster than last year. I believe last year's team was hampered by Kemba starting and it was backed up by a lots of stats. I do not think Schroeder is as bad of a defender(he's actually decent for his size) and we got Horford back, Richardson playing okay and Grant taking a step forward.
To me, Ime's most important task will be to try and get both Brown and Tatum involved in the offense while keeping the role players engaged, too(ie Schroeder, Richardson, Horfie). Whenever both Brown and Tatum have played together, one's been off and shooting poorly and the other has carried the offense.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,696

Post#403 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Wed Dec 8, 2021 2:33 pm

Celtics are stuck with this dude until his contract runs out which I assume is a 4-year contract.
*Insert witty signature here.*
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,866

Post#404 » by Larry_Russell » Wed Dec 8, 2021 4:27 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:

Brav, our team is much better than last year. Even having guys like Schroeder and Horfie is enough to justify the fans expecting a better offense than what we've shown. Add to that the fact that Grant has developed and Richardson has been an okay 6th man.

Yeah, team is better than last year by the removal of kemba.

I stil believe that Ime ran the legs out from under guys and it has taken a while to get them back, and has put additional strain on their bodies, ie backs, hammies, etc
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,995

Post#405 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Fire Brad!!
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,567

Post#406 » by playa-hater » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:42 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Fire Brad!!

LOL this is funny to me.. In Romeo's position, you think he would dare say anything even slightly negative on Ime??
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#407 » by Feed Your Head » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:51 pm

Paging zoya, who will love this.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#408 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:00 pm

Good article. They've maybe had this type of game four times at most this season lol. But that game vs. MIL was the best one I think in terms of offensive execution and conscious adherence to playing with "pace" from everyone (except Schroder lol).
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#409 » by Hal14 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:18 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:

Agreed - except when everyone's healthy, Richardson is the 7th man (after tatum, brown, smart, rob, horford and schroder).

J-Rich is VERY good for a 7th man.

And with the way Grant has been playing, he's VERY good for an 8th man.

Now that this team is fully healthy - and after the warriors game, the strength of schedule lets up - so I'm very intrigued to see if we go on a run here soon with like 6 wins in a row, or 7 wins out of 8 games or something..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#410 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:44 am

Read on Twitter

Fire Ime! Really wanted Chauncey Billups or Rick Carlisle.
greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Post#411 » by greenroom31 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:00 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Fire Brad!!

but... but... but... some random posters tell me after every loss that Udoka DOESN'T hold players accountable?

:crazy: :dontknow: :eyebrows:
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#412 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:25 pm

Read on Twitter
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,933

Post#413 » by BK_2020 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:49 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:Does anyone else feel like has done a great job in getting these guys under control?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nope, and I can't only blame him, but Tatum looks more out of control than ever.
We're average with a better roster than last year. I believe last year's team was hampered by Kemba starting and it was backed up by a lots of stats. I do not think Schroeder is as bad of a defender(he's actually decent for his size) and we got Horford back, Richardson playing okay and Grant taking a step forward.
To me, Ime's most important task will be to try and get both Brown and Tatum involved in the offense while keeping the role players engaged, too(ie Schroeder, Richardson, Horfie). Whenever both Brown and Tatum have played together, one's been off and shooting poorly and the other has carried the offense.

Kemba was +3 on/off and the 70th percentile. He was a positive by RAPTOR and by bbref on off. I don't know what stats back up the team being much worse with Kemba. He may have been overpaid but he wasn't the scrub that other Celtics pgs were.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM

Post#414 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:43 pm

greenroom31 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Fire Brad!!

but... but... but... some random posters tell me after every loss that Udoka DOESN'T hold players accountable?

:crazy: :dontknow: :eyebrows:

Both Tatum and Brown are absolutely out of control and you could argue both are on their way to their poorest seasons ever. It's not only the coach, but the coach should set the culture and should dictate the style of play. If he can't, it's his fault.
Good assessment:

FlatearthZorro
RealGM

Post#415 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:46 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Fire Ime! Really wanted Chauncey Billups or Rick Carlisle.

Carlisle is to me one of the best coaches to ever do it.
Pacers are overall not that great(personnel-wise).
Good assessment:

Return to Boston Celtics