ImageImageImage

Around the NBA (and other Sports) 2021-22, Part 3

Moderators: bisme37, djFan71, Froob, snowman, sully00, ParticleMan, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10

User avatar
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 9,719
And1: 26,285
Joined: May 24, 2014
 

Re: Around the NBA (and other Sports) 2021-22, Part 3 

Post#1361 » by bisme37 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:17 pm

Some changes to the testing protocols...

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter
Hal14
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,313
And1: 3,857
Joined: Apr 05, 2019

Re: Around the NBA (and other Sports) 2021-22, Part 3 

Post#1362 » by Hal14 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:31 pm

Read on Twitter


lol
Hal14 wrote:if i'm Brad, I'm taking Begarin with this pick
User avatar
Shak_Celts
RealGM
Posts: 30,960
And1: 37,405
Joined: Feb 07, 2016
     

Re: Around the NBA (and other Sports) 2021-22, Part 3 

Post#1363 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:32 pm

Hal14 wrote:
Read on Twitter


lol


This has to be fake! Where is Trump when you need him because I don't believe this one!
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
User avatar
greenroom31
Head Coach
Posts: 7,473
And1: 10,028
Joined: Nov 06, 2004

Re: Around the NBA (and other Sports) 2021-22, Part 3 

Post#1364 » by greenroom31 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:25 pm

Anfernee Simons’ January numbers with Lillard and McCollum both out are pretty impressive.

28/3/8 in 37mpg shooting 51% and 46% from 3pt, with high volume. Team has won 4 of the 6 games too, so it’s not just garbage time points in losses.

Wonder if/how this impacts Portland’s front office as they think about what to do at the deadline. Simons is in the last year of his rookie deal and coming up on QO. And Portland has a lot of $$ tied up in Lillard, McCollum and Powell already. Seems like they need to move at least one of those 4 guys.
User avatar
greenroom31
Head Coach
Posts: 7,473
And1: 10,028
Joined: Nov 06, 2004

Re: Around the NBA (and other Sports) 2021-22, Part 3 

Post#1365 » by greenroom31 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:30 pm

Found an article on BlazersEdge that discusses the above:

https://www.blazersedge.com/2022/1/14/22879096/portland-trail-blazers-damian-lillard-cj-mccollum-norman-powell-anfernee-simons-trade-rumors

The part on Simons mentions Jaylen Brown as a target — definitely a Portland homer view:

The real issue here is Simons’ current trade value vs. his projected potential. The former IMG Academy product is a special player, someone who could eventually become a real contributor on a really good team. The problem for Cronin is he needs to find a trade partner prepared to offer players and picks that equate with the 22-year-old’s prospective peak. There can’t be too many franchises willing to give up real assets unless they were certain of a young player, like Simons’, potential. But you really only need one.

I’m talking about Simons being the centerpiece of a trade that yields the Blazers a player in the realm of a Jaylen Brown, Pascal Siakam or Domantas Sabonis. Anything less than this kind of return means the Blazers are almost certainly selling low on Simons’ ability.
User avatar
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 9,719
And1: 26,285
Joined: May 24, 2014
 

Re: Around the NBA (and other Sports) 2021-22, Part 3 

Post#1366 » by bisme37 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:38 pm

Hey fyi I noticed League Pass is down to $49.99 for the rest of the year over on NBA.com.
User avatar
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 9,719
And1: 26,285
Joined: May 24, 2014
 

Re: Around the NBA (and other Sports) 2021-22, Part 3 

Post#1367 » by bisme37 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:46 pm

Durant out 4-6 weeks with a knee injury.

And Draymond is out "due to calf issue tied to a disc in his lower back."

Could be bad news for GSW.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
Posts: 30,333
And1: 16,966
Joined: Oct 25, 2006

Re: Around the NBA (and other Sports) 2021-22, Part 3 

Post#1368 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:03 am

Read on Twitter
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
Posts: 20,464
And1: 6,857
Joined: Jun 18, 2004
 

Re: Around the NBA (and other Sports) 2021-22, Part 3 

Post#1369 » by Andrew McCeltic » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:21 pm

bisme37 wrote:Hey fyi I noticed League Pass is down to $49.99 for the rest of the year over on NBA.com.


Bought it last night, you're getting almost half the season for $50, the price in October is four times that
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
Posts: 20,464
And1: 6,857
Joined: Jun 18, 2004
 

Re: Around the NBA (and other Sports) 2021-22, Part 3 

Post#1370 » by Andrew McCeltic » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:22 pm

greenroom31 wrote:Found an article on BlazersEdge that discusses the above:

https://www.blazersedge.com/2022/1/14/22879096/portland-trail-blazers-damian-lillard-cj-mccollum-norman-powell-anfernee-simons-trade-rumors

The part on Simons mentions Jaylen Brown as a target — definitely a Portland homer view:

The real issue here is Simons’ current trade value vs. his projected potential. The former IMG Academy product is a special player, someone who could eventually become a real contributor on a really good team. The problem for Cronin is he needs to find a trade partner prepared to offer players and picks that equate with the 22-year-old’s prospective peak. There can’t be too many franchises willing to give up real assets unless they were certain of a young player, like Simons’, potential. But you really only need one.

I’m talking about Simons being the centerpiece of a trade that yields the Blazers a player in the realm of a Jaylen Brown, Pascal Siakam or Domantas Sabonis. Anything less than this kind of return means the Blazers are almost certainly selling low on Simons’ ability.


Should've traded Dame for Simmons.. now they've got two aging guards making huge money blocking a 22 year old finally becoming the star they hyped him as for years with no return. (Indiana felt the same way about Aaron Holiday and he's an afterthought in Washington now).
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
Posts: 20,464
And1: 6,857
Joined: Jun 18, 2004
 

Re: Around the NBA (and other Sports) 2021-22, Part 3 

Post#1371 » by Andrew McCeltic » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:25 pm

Desmond Bane's a lock for Most Improved Player, right? Unless Coby White takes another leap to run out the year..

Rookie of the year is so early.. Cade is coming online, Suggs had a nice game yesterday.. Right now I've got Mobley, Giddey, Barnes as 1 2 3
User avatar
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
Posts: 9,719
And1: 26,285
Joined: May 24, 2014
 

Re: Around the NBA (and other Sports) 2021-22, Part 3 

Post#1372 » by bisme37 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:30 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:
bisme37 wrote:Hey fyi I noticed League Pass is down to $49.99 for the rest of the year over on NBA.com.


Bought it last night, you're getting almost half the season for $50, the price in October is four times that


Yeah lol I paid full price at the start of the year and I'm kinda annoyed it's 1/4 of the price now. Seems like they cut the price earlier and more than previous years.

But I can't really complain because I got the entire season of LP free a year ago due to a glitch on Comcast's end haha. Glad you got a good deal!
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
Posts: 20,464
And1: 6,857
Joined: Jun 18, 2004
 

Re: Around the NBA (and other Sports) 2021-22, Part 3 

Post#1373 » by Andrew McCeltic » Yesterday 2:14 am

It's overpriced to begin with, like 125-150 is as high as it should go. Plus the picture quality should be higher when it's streamed - it's 2022, you should be able to get 1080/60 reliably and 4k/60 once in awhile.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
Posts: 20,464
And1: 6,857
Joined: Jun 18, 2004
 

Re: Around the NBA (and other Sports) 2021-22, Part 3 

Post#1374 » by Andrew McCeltic » Yesterday 3:31 am

I've got OKC/Dallas on.. Giddey's presence of mind is just unreal - I've never seen a player's teammates pass him the ball so eagerly, they know he's going to do something smart and selfless.. I don't know his ceiling - and he's not rookie Luka level - but his offensive IQ is off the charts, and he's able to create looks for people even though he hurts their spacing and they've got only one real scoring threat.
playa-hater
Head Coach
Posts: 6,530
And1: 6,481
Joined: Aug 29, 2020
 

Re: Around the NBA (and other Sports) 2021-22, Part 3 

Post#1375 » by playa-hater » Yesterday 4:47 am

Has anyone seen Westbrook's dunk on R Gobert?? might be the dunk of the year. Really amazing how athletic he still is..
SHOOTERS, SHOOTERS, SHOOTERS
sam_I_am
RealGM
Posts: 13,743
And1: 5,530
Joined: Jul 10, 2004

Re: Around the NBA (and other Sports) 2021-22, Part 3 

Post#1376 » by sam_I_am » Yesterday 2:43 pm

playa-hater wrote:Has anyone seen Westbrook's dunk on R Gobert?? might be the dunk of the year. Really amazing how athletic he still is..


Whoever proposed the Westbrook for Horford maybe on to something. I don’t really like Westbrook but his playmaking, rebounding, defense and attitude would pair very well with Tatum and Brown as long as his ball hogging could be reigned in. What ability he has is wasted next to Lebron as Lebron does everything better and both need the ball to be effective. I much prefer Tatum and Brown off the ball than initiating offense unless it’s a fast break opportunity.

Long term it’s kind of a treadmill move but it would make this year a lot more interesting.
User avatar
Larry_Russell
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,505
And1: 1,000
Joined: Jun 23, 2021

Re: Around the NBA (and other Sports) 2021-22, Part 3 

Post#1377 » by Larry_Russell » Yesterday 5:02 pm

sam_I_am wrote:
playa-hater wrote:Has anyone seen Westbrook's dunk on R Gobert?? might be the dunk of the year. Really amazing how athletic he still is..


Whoever proposed the Westbrook for Horford maybe on to something. I don’t really like Westbrook but his playmaking, rebounding, defense and attitude would pair very well with Tatum and Brown as long as his ball hogging could be reigned in. What ability he has is wasted next to Lebron as Lebron does everything better and both need the ball to be effective. I much prefer Tatum and Brown off the ball than initiating offense unless it’s a fast break opportunity.

Long term it’s kind of a treadmill move but it would make this year a lot more interesting.



The westbrook deal only works if you can find a way to bring in a floor spacer for Smart and Boston gets some nice compensation from Lakers for taking on that contract.
Horford, Schroder, Juancho for Westbrook and 2 firsts.

Westbrook
Jaylen
???
Tatum
Timelord

That lineup can work, imo.

I still think that Dallas is a good spot for Westbrook though as his contract will expire at the same time as THJ giving them huge capspace. Enough for Jokic easily.


Horf, Schroder and Juancho to Lakers
Westbrook, LAL pick boston second to Dallas
KP, Burke, Green to Boston

Smart/Burke/Pritch
Brown/Richardson/Green
Tatum/Nesmith/Romeo
KP/Grant
Timelord/Kanter/Bruno
SHOOTERS, SHOOTERS, SHOOTERS
Someone coach Ime Udoka on how to coach
sam_I_am
RealGM
Posts: 13,743
And1: 5,530
Joined: Jul 10, 2004

Re: Around the NBA (and other Sports) 2021-22, Part 3 

Post#1378 » by sam_I_am » Yesterday 10:43 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:
playa-hater wrote:Has anyone seen Westbrook's dunk on R Gobert?? might be the dunk of the year. Really amazing how athletic he still is..


Whoever proposed the Westbrook for Horford maybe on to something. I don’t really like Westbrook but his playmaking, rebounding, defense and attitude would pair very well with Tatum and Brown as long as his ball hogging could be reigned in. What ability he has is wasted next to Lebron as Lebron does everything better and both need the ball to be effective. I much prefer Tatum and Brown off the ball than initiating offense unless it’s a fast break opportunity.

Long term it’s kind of a treadmill move but it would make this year a lot more interesting.



The westbrook deal only works if you can find a way to bring in a floor spacer for Smart and Boston gets some nice compensation from Lakers for taking on that contract.
Horford, Schroder, Juancho for Westbrook and 2 firsts.

Westbrook
Jaylen
???
Tatum
Timelord

That lineup can work, imo.

I still think that Dallas is a good spot for Westbrook though as his contract will expire at the same time as THJ giving them huge capspace. Enough for Jokic easily.


Horf, Schroder and Juancho to Lakers
Westbrook, LAL pick boston second to Dallas
KP, Burke, Green to Boston

Smart/Burke/Pritch
Brown/Richardson/Green
Tatum/Nesmith/Romeo
KP/Grant
Timelord/Kanter/Bruno


With Westbrook, Tatum and Brown become the floor spacers. Pritchard for small ball and a guy like Olynyk or Bertrand platooning with Grant at PF would be fine. Won’t win a title but if you can do the Schroeder for Jalen Smith deal you might have a fun playoff team for a season.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
Posts: 30,333
And1: 16,966
Joined: Oct 25, 2006

Re: Around the NBA (and other Sports) 2021-22, Part 3 

Post#1379 » by Fencer reregistered » Today 11:52 am

Superstar screen setting.

Read on Twitter
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
User avatar
Larry_Russell
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,505
And1: 1,000
Joined: Jun 23, 2021

Re: Around the NBA (and other Sports) 2021-22, Part 3 

Post#1380 » by Larry_Russell » Today 12:58 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:Superstar screen setting.

Read on Twitter



Disgusting what that POS gets away with
SHOOTERS, SHOOTERS, SHOOTERS
Someone coach Ime Udoka on how to coach

Return to Boston Celtics