ImageImageImage

Around the NBA (and other Sports) 2021-22, Part 3

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,533

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2021, Part 3 

Post#1001 » by playa-hater » Thu Nov 4, 2021 2:10 am

Kemba had a 28 min 4 point game.. 0-5 from 3 in a blow out loss to Indiana.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#1002 » by playa-hater » Thu Nov 4, 2021 3:04 am

Meanwhile a player's Role and Fit can matter so much. case in point, Vuc has been a high scoring center as a main option for Orlando for years. gets traded to Chicago, becomes 3rd or 4th option.. is shooting 39 and 30% from 2 and 3.. scored 4 points in a loss to Philly tonight.

Not only is his production dropping, so is his efficiency. The Role you get and amount of touches a player gets matter so much more than many are aware of.. Happened to Kemba with Boston.. look what happened to Harden last year and even this year.

If this can happen to Allstar level players, can you imagine a player like Nesmith getting a shot every now and then? and expect him to e a knock down shooter.

Give him real minutes or trade him. other wise it will be useless

Anyone who has ever played on a good/competitive level knows this.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,872

Post#1003 » by Curmudgeon » Thu Nov 4, 2021 3:34 am

Hal14 wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/264611/Ben-Simmons-Preferring-To-Work-With-NBPA-On-Mental-Health-Instead-Of-76ers

Clearly Simmons is having mental health issues. .

I don't think it's clear at all. It's very possible that he's feigning mental health problems so that the Sixers will continue to pay him for not playing. I suspect that his mental health issues will magically disappear when he's traded to another team.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#1004 » by playa-hater » Thu Nov 4, 2021 3:40 am

Meanwhile since some people love to use small sample sizes for shooting, Right now Marcus smart is shooting better than Bradley beal..Beal shooting 22%from 3..
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,287

Post#1005 » by Marvel » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:28 am

Miles Bridges def got that MIP award on lock.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,836

Post#1006 » by bucknersrevenge » Fri Nov 5, 2021 5:01 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

The saga continues. My core says I hate players that do what Simmons is doing but I just can't bring myself to take Philly's side in this scenario. I'm glad he's holding out. The petty side of me just wants Simmons to burn that franchise. The line between mental health and emotional health is kinda blurry. And I think emotionally, Simmons just can't bring himself to helping that franchise win games after what they did and I kinda don't blame him.

Morey, on the other hand is clearly willing to die on this hill that players and agents, especially Rich Paul and Klutch do not get to have power over the league. If Paul pulls this off, the level of clout he will have will scare the **** out of every team President in the league. I think Morey is only accepting so skewed in Philly's favor that they would have to take it. The idea of a "fair" offer for Simmons is not even in his mind even if it would be for the betterment of the players on the team because he's not gonna lose face to Rich Paul.

And again, when Simmons does finally leave, I look forward to seeing him stick it to Philly in an opposing team's jersey. I know I shouldn't be rooting for him in this scenario. It doesn't make sense. But I am not taking Morey, and Doc, and Philly's side. Nope. Won't happen.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,839

Post#1007 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Nov 5, 2021 5:09 pm

Re players complaining about the new Wilson ball (haven't heard Tatum use this excuse yet), but weren't the teams informed ahead of time of the change? Shouldn't the players have spent their offseason using the new ball in their workouts/pickup games?
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,099

Post#1008 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Nov 6, 2021 1:12 am

Curmudgeon wrote:
Hal14 wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/264611/Ben-Simmons-Preferring-To-Work-With-NBPA-On-Mental-Health-Instead-Of-76ers

Clearly Simmons is having mental health issues. .

I don't think it's clear at all. It's very possible that he's feigning mental health problems so that the Sixers will continue to pay him for not playing. I suspect that his mental health issues will magically disappear when he's traded to another team.

My mental health tends to change based on who I'm around or where I'm at. Sometimes I am happy being out in the sun and other times I'm happy being in a dark room. Some days a scent can be triggering. So, yeah, if he feels he's in a better/safer environment for him, his mental wellbeing can change. It isn't unheard of, its just that the people who dismiss it don't listen.

If it's BS it's BS, but he's not hurting anyone. I know people will say if he's lying it will make it harder for those that aren't, but that has been used for everything. Turns out people that want to help will still help and the people who it turns away weren't going to help in the first place, they were always looking for an opt out! People that care about those who have mental health challenges will always care about them, Ben's "lie" will not matter.
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#1009 » by jmr07019 » Mon Nov 8, 2021 9:10 pm

Not sold on Wiz as a playoff team but I did think the Westbrook deal was very good for them. You just can't have a top scorer on low TS%. Westbrook leaving is addition by subtraction and they got scorers and a big. Not good for our Beal hopes.
Show Love Spread Love
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,148

Post#1010 » by Hal14 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 4:40 pm

Oh boy...

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#1011 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Nov 9, 2021 4:46 pm

Hal14 wrote:Oh boy...

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I hope people would stop reposting or retweeting this. That's obviously not a real account, come on now. Created November 2021. Named JokicBrothers, signed Jokic Brothers. No one's actually verified if that's actually posted by Nikola's brothers. I highly doubt it. Won't lead to anything good.
BigTrade92
General Manager
And1: 10,685

Post#1012 » by BigTrade92 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 5:26 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I hope people would stop reposting or retweeting this. That's obviously not a real account, come on now. Created November 2021. Named JokicBrothers, signed Jokic Brothers. No one's actually verified if that's actually posted by Nikola's brothers. I highly doubt it. Won't lead to anything good.

It apparently is their real account. Even Woj is now following.

Read on Twitter
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#1013 » by zoyathedestroya » Tue Nov 9, 2021 5:34 pm

BigTrade92 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

It apparently is their real account. Even Woj is now following.

Read on Twitter

My bad then. It's just way too absurd to be true. Saw SI also reporting it now.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#1014 » by BostonCouchGM » Tue Nov 9, 2021 5:57 pm

Morris is a dirty scumbag and had it coming. Easily the dirtiest player in the league. Elbows to ribs and flails arms at heads all the time. Good for Jokic
greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Post#1015 » by greenroom31 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 6:13 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Gotta agree with Richard Jefferson on this one. And as for the "waited until he turned his back" comment, Jokic didn't wait at all. He ran over and shoved him as fast as he could. Morris turned his back turned pretty much immediately after the initial cheap shot. What was Jokic supposed to do... run around to the other side of Morris and push him in the front?

Doesn't mean what Jokic did was ok, but the cheap shot part of this I disagree with. If I smack some guy and then quickly turn around and start walking away I don't get to say I got cheap shotted if he swings on me.
Drax
Analyst
And1: 2,949

Post#1016 » by Drax » Tue Nov 9, 2021 9:00 pm

Gotta say as someone who has no horse in this race, it's pretty entertaining. Usually i'm not the type who engages with twitter a whole lot other then draft day and offseason week 1-3, but today i checked twitter a lot and was totally amused by how people argue about this. Meme and all that stuff included.
Boston Celtics depth chart:

Guards: Holiday, White, Pritchard
Wings: Tatum, Brown, Hauser, Brissett
Bigs: Porzingis, Horford
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#1017 » by jmr07019 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 9:24 pm

Spicy! Morris bro's are punks who had it coming. Pretty sure Jokic would stomp them in a fight. He's got a lot of size and reach on both of them.
Show Love Spread Love
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,287

Post#1018 » by Marvel » Tue Nov 9, 2021 10:04 pm

Bout time someone slapped one of the twins upside the head. They been dirty for a minute.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,148

Post#1019 » by Hal14 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:53 pm

Read on Twitter

Gotta love Barkley lol
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#1020 » by BostonCouchGM » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:02 pm

playa-hater wrote:Meanwhile a player's Role and Fit can matter so much. case in point, Vuc has been a high scoring center as a main option for Orlando for years. gets traded to Chicago, becomes 3rd or 4th option.. is shooting 39 and 30% from 2 and 3.. scored 4 points in a loss to Philly tonight.

Not only is his production dropping, so is his efficiency. The Role you get and amount of touches a player gets matter so much more than many are aware of.. Happened to Kemba with Boston.. look what happened to Harden last year and even this year.

If this can happen to Allstar level players, can you imagine a player like Nesmith getting a shot every now and then? and expect him to e a knock down shooter.

Give him real minutes or trade him. other wise it will be useless

Anyone who has ever played on a good/competitive level knows this.

and on top of that, some players are are betas that let the game come to them and are seemingly happy being an afterthought despite being very skilled so changes of scenery sometimes allows them to shine. While other lesser skilled players are alphas (or too dumb?) so they come into the league shooting at will like Kuzma and Sexton. Sadly, in today’s NBA, you are rewarded for being selfish and putting up counting stats. The media and fans fawn over guys like that. Nesmith and PP should be starting and getting 12-15 FGA. Give them a 2-3 week stretch and see how they respond. Nothing to lose

I’m starting to think the new ball is really affecting shots for many guys.

Return to Boston Celtics