ImageImageImage

Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2021, Part 3

Moderators: djFan71, sully00, Froob, snowman, ParticleMan, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10

User avatar
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
Posts: 15,099
And1: 37,147
Joined: Nov 05, 2017

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2021, Part 3 

Post#1041 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:11 pm

Read on Twitter

Thibs still a defensive coach at heart.
User avatar
Celts17Pride
RealGM
Posts: 52,214
And1: 43,354
Joined: Nov 27, 2005

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2021, Part 3 

Post#1042 » by Celts17Pride » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:11 pm

Read on Twitter
User avatar
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
Posts: 15,099
And1: 37,147
Joined: Nov 05, 2017

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2021, Part 3 

Post#1043 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:14 pm

^^
Yikes. At least Thibs has the balls to bench them.
User avatar
Fierce1
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,768
And1: 3,215
Joined: Jan 31, 2021
   

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2021, Part 3 

Post#1044 » by Fierce1 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:26 pm

Stephen A. Smith, a diehard Knicks fan, already said Kemba needs to step up.

The Knicks should've listened to Celtic fans.
User avatar
Shak_Celts
RealGM
Posts: 29,137
And1: 35,496
Joined: Feb 07, 2016
     

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2021, Part 3 

Post#1045 » by Shak_Celts » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:15 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:^^
Yikes. At least Thibs has the balls to bench them.


If they were mediocre he'd still play them, but they have been TERRIBLE. If the Cs vets were terrible and the young guys were productive like Quickly, I have no doubt we'd see more of them and less of the others.

We talk about shooting when we say that's why the young guys don't play but there is more, they can't defend nor offend. They have been total duds every time they go out there. Pritch can't even drive, I don't know what's up there. He can't defend and it's not for lack of trying. Nesmith seems like he doesn't know where to go on offense, so many times he's in the wrong place. He's always giving max effort, which I love, but he doesn't know what he's doing.

Grant is getting minutes just fine, but when he was bad for a little stretch he wasn't getting in either. Romeo is also playing, but JRich is actually playing well so that's a squeeze there. For as much as people don't like Schroder, he has helped us at times when no one else has. Then there is Smart, who has been excellent lately. There is no room to let Pritch play and figure it out.

We lose games but the vets have not played poorly. They could be a bit better, for sure, but they have not been consistently bad as Fourny and Kemba. They were never defenders, but they also can't offend lately. They are forcing Thibs' hands here. I would play DRose over kemba too.
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
User avatar
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
Posts: 15,099
And1: 37,147
Joined: Nov 05, 2017

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2021, Part 3 

Post#1046 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:27 pm

Shak_Celts wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:^^
Yikes. At least Thibs has the balls to bench them.


If they were mediocre he'd still play them, but they have been TERRIBLE. If the Cs vets were terrible and the young guys were productive like Quickly, I have no doubt we'd see more of them and less of the others.

We talk about shooting when we say that's why the young guys don't play but there is more, they can't defend nor offend. They have been total duds every time they go out there. Pritch can't even drive, I don't know what's up there. He can't defend and it's not for lack of trying. Nesmith seems like he doesn't know where to go on offense, so many times he's in the wrong place. He's always giving max effort, which I love, but he doesn't know what he's doing.

Grant is getting minutes just fine, but when he was bad for a little stretch he wasn't getting in either. Romeo is also playing, but JRich is actually playing well so that's a squeeze there. For as much as people don't like Schroder, he has helped us at times when no one else has. Then there is Smart, who has been excellent lately. There is no room to let Pritch play and figure it out.

We lose games but the vets have not played poorly. They could be a bit better, for sure, but they have not been consistently bad as Fourny and Kemba. They were never defenders, but they also can't offend lately. They are forcing Thibs' hands here. I would play DRose over kemba too.

Thoughtful response but that wasn't a dig at Ime hehe.
User avatar
Shak_Celts
RealGM
Posts: 29,137
And1: 35,496
Joined: Feb 07, 2016
     

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2021, Part 3 

Post#1047 » by Shak_Celts » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:30 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:^^
Yikes. At least Thibs has the balls to bench them.


If they were mediocre he'd still play them, but they have been TERRIBLE. If the Cs vets were terrible and the young guys were productive like Quickly, I have no doubt we'd see more of them and less of the others.

We talk about shooting when we say that's why the young guys don't play but there is more, they can't defend nor offend. They have been total duds every time they go out there. Pritch can't even drive, I don't know what's up there. He can't defend and it's not for lack of trying. Nesmith seems like he doesn't know where to go on offense, so many times he's in the wrong place. He's always giving max effort, which I love, but he doesn't know what he's doing.

Grant is getting minutes just fine, but when he was bad for a little stretch he wasn't getting in either. Romeo is also playing, but JRich is actually playing well so that's a squeeze there. For as much as people don't like Schroder, he has helped us at times when no one else has. Then there is Smart, who has been excellent lately. There is no room to let Pritch play and figure it out.

We lose games but the vets have not played poorly. They could be a bit better, for sure, but they have not been consistently bad as Fourny and Kemba. They were never defenders, but they also can't offend lately. They are forcing Thibs' hands here. I would play DRose over kemba too.

Thoughtful response but that wasn't a dig at Ime hehe.


It's been a knock by a lot of people but I made an erroneous assumption, my bad, sorry.
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
User avatar
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
Posts: 15,099
And1: 37,147
Joined: Nov 05, 2017

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2021, Part 3 

Post#1048 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:36 pm

Read on Twitter

Cs that would thrive in this Dubs system: Horford, Grant, Smart, Hayward (ex-Cs), Timelord, probably Crowder.
GoGreen
Starter
Posts: 2,322
And1: 2,679
Joined: Jul 19, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2021, Part 3 

Post#1049 » by GoGreen » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:15 pm

Fierce1 wrote:Stephen A. Smith, a diehard Knicks fan, already said Kemba needs to step up.

The Knicks should've listened to Celtic fans.


Step up? I'm not sure Stephen got the memo about Walker's knee lol. After being bought out by the Thunder, the Kicks picked him up for 8mil. Can't expect too much from Kemba this year.

Randalh asn't been playing all that well from what I've read. Fournier, too. Those are the guys that need to pick it up.
BK_2020
Analyst
Posts: 3,228
And1: 3,048
Joined: Sep 08, 2020
   

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2021, Part 3 

Post#1050 » by BK_2020 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:53 pm

Javonte playing well meanwhile. He and Theis among the ex-Celtics have been thriving.
Marvel
RealGM
Posts: 22,385
And1: 11,113
Joined: Apr 23, 2010
 

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2021, Part 3 

Post#1051 » by Marvel » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:20 am

Harden with 20 fts tonight. Trash.
Tatumfor2
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,517
And1: 2,877
Joined: Jan 02, 2019
     

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2021, Part 3 

Post#1052 » by Tatumfor2 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:03 pm

Marvel wrote:Harden with 20 fts tonight. Trash.



The Refs:


Image
:lift:
User avatar
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
Posts: 15,099
And1: 37,147
Joined: Nov 05, 2017

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2021, Part 3 

Post#1053 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:47 pm

Luke Walton just got fired.
Read on Twitter

What a sorry-ass franchise. Can't they just move the Kings to Rhode Island or Connecticut?
Curmudgeon
RealGM
Posts: 33,602
And1: 16,018
Joined: Jan 20, 2004
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2021, Part 3 

Post#1054 » by Curmudgeon » Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:33 pm

LOL, ands the only Sacramento couch out of the last 18 who won more than he lost was Rick Adelman with a winning percentage of .622. Unbelievably, Walton at .422 is the second winningest coach in franchise history.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
GoGreen
Starter
Posts: 2,322
And1: 2,679
Joined: Jul 19, 2017
 

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2021, Part 3 

Post#1055 » by GoGreen » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:21 pm

Would it be super surprising if Philly actually got a decent return for Simmons? Ya never know with the NBA is all I'm saying.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
Posts: 33,602
And1: 16,018
Joined: Jan 20, 2004
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2021, Part 3 

Post#1056 » by Curmudgeon » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:33 pm

I think Simmons is $150M worth of trouble and has destroyed his own trade value. So no, I think Morey will be very disappointed at the return, even though he'll try to put a good face on it.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West

"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells

"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
User avatar
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior
Posts: 561
And1: 1,389
Joined: Jul 04, 2019
 

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2021, Part 3 

Post#1057 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:43 am

Lebron ejected (and Stewart for retaliation) and 4-5 guys had to forcibly remove Stewart from the stadium will blood streaming down his face. Crazy ****.
User avatar
bisme37
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 9,114
And1: 24,832
Joined: May 24, 2014
 

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2021, Part 3 

Post#1058 » by bisme37 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:44 am

Lakers ære losing to the Pistons and Bron just got ejected for hitting Isaiah Stewart in the face. Stewart went absolutely nuts and charged after Bron with blood dripping down his face. Refs and coaches flying all over the place. Wild scene.
User avatar
Fierce1
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,768
And1: 3,215
Joined: Jan 31, 2021
   

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2021, Part 3 

Post#1059 » by Fierce1 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:07 am

bisme37 wrote:Lakers ære losing to the Pistons and Bron just got ejected for hitting Isaiah Stewart in the face. Stewart went absolutely nuts and charged after Bron with blood dripping down his face. Refs and coaches flying all over the place. Wild scene.


Lakers are an old team.

Always doesn't end well when a team relies heavily on players that are past their prime.

The Nets learned that when they traded a treasure trove of draft picks for two old Celtic superstars.
User avatar
Larry_Russell
Senior
Posts: 629
And1: 505
Joined: Jun 23, 2021

Re: Around the NBA (Non-Celtics) 2021, Part 3 

Post#1060 » by Larry_Russell » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:11 am



I love Stewart.

Can we bring him in???

Return to Boston Celtics