ImageImageImage

The 2021-2022 I Wouldn't Trade Brown for Simmons Because He's a Clown Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,847

Re: The 2021-2022 I Wouldn't Trade Brown for Simmons Because He's a Clown Trade Thread 

Post#121 » by Larry_Russell » Tue Sep 7, 2021 12:36 pm

Who is out there as a 3rd point guard or a 3rd shooting guard for this team?

Hutchinson?
Grant for Ramsay?
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,878

Re: The 2021-2022 I Wouldn't Trade Brown for Simmons Because He's a Clown Trade Thread 

Post#122 » by Celts17Pride » Tue Sep 7, 2021 1:19 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:Who is out there as a 3rd point guard or a 3rd shooting guard for this team?

Hutchinson?
Grant for Ramsay?

It’s likely that the Celtics are finished for now. Guys they have are most likely what they bring to camp
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,996

Post#123 » by cl2117 » Tue Sep 7, 2021 1:53 pm

Yeah I think we're done for now. Bruno looks to be the odd man out unless he's playing some 4, which I don't see in his bag. With Timelord's health and Horford's age though they'll probably leave it a bit until they make a move in case they need the depth.

Think we could use another wing or ball handler. We've got tweeners in that area which helps shore up depth, but we've also got 4 guys who primarily play the 5 so there is room to balance us more.

Romeo I think could also end up elsewhere if he gets squeezed out by Nesmith/Richardson.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
ballup
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,526

Post#124 » by ballup » Tue Sep 7, 2021 1:58 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

per usual with Jaylen, open by 5 yards. It's uncanny how teams let him be wide open like they do. I've never seen anything like it. If you watch a highlight film of his threes they're all similar to this. Literally 5 feet or more open when he catches the ball. I wonder if defenses will finally learn and defend him better now that he's proven he can beat them from deep consistently.
Your schtick is old. It's a great play from all the Celtics involved to manipulate the Jazz's defensive scheme to the Celtics' favor.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,832

Post#125 » by bucknersrevenge » Tue Sep 7, 2021 4:54 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:Who is out there as a 3rd point guard or a 3rd shooting guard for this team?

Hutchinson?
Grant for Ramsay?

3rd PG is Pritchard. #rd SG is Langford. I think we're good right now.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,878

Post#126 » by Celts17Pride » Tue Sep 7, 2021 5:02 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:

Hutchinson?
Grant for Ramsay?

2nd unit two guard will be Pritchard. Just watch. Romeo Langford is odd man out at the moment. Stevens may have given Langford minutes because Ainge drafted him. Udoka doesn’t care and Stevens didn’t draft him.

Langford is going to have to earn minutes or there will be a lot of DNP-CD in his future
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,908

Post#127 » by Parliament10 » Tue Sep 7, 2021 6:09 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:

Hutchinson?
Grant for Ramsay?

2nd unit two guard will be Pritchard. Just watch. Romeo Langford is odd man out at the moment. Stevens may have given Langford minutes because Ainge drafted him. Udoka doesn’t care and Stevens didn’t draft him.

Langford is going to have to earn minutes or there will be a lot of DNP-CD in his future

Agreed. Langford has shown signs of being a good player. He's still on his Rookie contract, too.
So, I doubt that we move on from him at this time. But yeah, he's gotta earn his minutes.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#128 » by BostonCouchGM » Tue Sep 7, 2021 6:31 pm

ballup wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

per usual with Jaylen, open by 5 yards. It's uncanny how teams let him be wide open like they do. I've never seen anything like it. If you watch a highlight film of his threes they're all similar to this. Literally 5 feet or more open when he catches the ball. I wonder if defenses will finally learn and defend him better now that he's proven he can beat them from deep consistently.
Your schtick is old. It's a great play from all the Celtics involved to manipulate the Jazz's defensive scheme to the Celtics' favor.

If it was a “Schtick” and old, you’d simply ignore it rather than be triggered and respond. The reason you do is because it’s true and it hits home
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,140

Post#129 » by Hal14 » Tue Sep 7, 2021 10:40 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:

Agreed. Langford has shown signs of being a good player. He's still on his Rookie contract, too.
So, I doubt that we move on from him at this time. But yeah, he's gotta earn his minutes.

Langford has to "earn his minutes" but Nesmith doesn't?

People seem to be going gaga over Nesmith. I'm still not convinced he should be over Langford on the depth chart.

Nesmith is a better shooter, yes. But Langford has closed the gap in that department with improved shooting late in the season, in playoffs and in summer league. And Langford is a much better defender and better passer.

Nesmith was lighting it up at summer league - at times. But at times he was ice cold. And he had quite a few times where he got burned pretty bad defensively by guys who are g-leaguers.

People are just giving credit to Nesmith and Pritchard for what they did in summer league. Langford is the one who hit the game-winning 3-pointer in the first game and Langford is the one who had what many consider the best dunk of summer league.

IMO the 2 of them are entering camp about even on the depth chart. We need both of them and both of them have the potential to be really good. Who plays more is TBD, depends on who earns more mins at training camp, preseason, practice and games..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,863

Post#130 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Sep 7, 2021 10:47 pm

Actually with Stevens' moves we don't need either of them. But it would be nice if one of them develops into an NBA rotation player.

Quite honestly I think Juhann Begarin has more potential than either of them.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
ballup
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,526

Post#131 » by ballup » Tue Sep 7, 2021 11:25 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:
ballup wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:

If it was a “Schtick” and old, you’d simply ignore it rather than be triggered and respond. The reason you do is because it’s true and it hits home

lmao. I respond because you're horribly off. Jaylen moves off ball and into good spacing to get open. Both viable defenders (Rubio and Ingles) who were supposed to close out were good on ball defenders at the time. They got tangled with one another due to Larkin's dribble penetration. People are celebrating the play and yet here you are being sour because you have this weird grudge.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,490

Post#132 » by Patsfan1081 » Tue Sep 7, 2021 11:50 pm

Could they possibly not even use their second two way? You would think they would want it filled before camp but it’s not like any new names will shake loose by then.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,863

Post#133 » by Curmudgeon » Wed Sep 8, 2021 12:02 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:Could they possibly not even use their second two way? You would think they would want it filled before camp but it’s not like any new names will shake loose by then.

Oh, I think a number of interesting players will shake loose and I fully expect them to use he second two-way. It's a potentially useful player (at least down the road) for $495K. Besides, they own the Maine Celtics and they have a roster to fill in Portland.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West

"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells

"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,983

Post#134 » by jfs1000d » Wed Sep 8, 2021 2:53 am

Second 2-way will be a cut from camp.

We are done.

I like the balance and vets that we have:

richardson, Schorder, Hernacheo, Parker, kANTER. We have vets at the 1/2 and 4/5 positions off the bench.

Just absolutely what we need/
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#135 » by BostonCouchGM » Wed Sep 8, 2021 7:14 am

ballup wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:
ballup wrote:Your schtick is old. It's a great play from all the Celtics involved to manipulate the Jazz's defensive scheme to the Celtics' favor.

lmao. I respond because you're horribly off. Jaylen moves off ball and into good spacing to get open. Both viable defenders (Rubio and Ingles) who were supposed to close out were good on ball defenders at the time. They got tangled with one another due to Larkin's dribble penetration. People are celebrating the play and yet here you are being sour because you have this weird grudge.

relax, pointing out Jaylen gets wide open looks more than other players isn't being sour. I'm genuinely curious when/if teams will stop letting it happen. He's clearly proven he's too good to leave wide open and should be more of a focus for defenses else he will beat them so when will he attract even half the attention Tatum gets? And if he does get more attention, will he rise to the occasion and overcome it? You guys get so sensitive over Jaylen.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,690

Post#136 » by GoCeltics123 » Wed Sep 8, 2021 11:52 am

Celts17Pride wrote:

Hutchinson?
Grant for Ramsay?

It’s likely that the Celtics are finished for now. Guys they have are most likely what they bring to camp

Yeah only move I can see is cutting Jabari Parker but I still feel like they aren't going to do that unless someone gets bought out that they want. They could've cut him prior to his partial guarantee but didn't.
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#137 » by TheOGJabroni » Wed Sep 8, 2021 12:20 pm

I think we're pretty much done as well. If there are any small deals, I could see Fernando and a pick for a shooter off the bench type of deal happening at some point. Other than that, I think we are waiting to swing for the fences when the opportunity comes.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,681

Post#138 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Sep 8, 2021 1:24 pm

Read on Twitter

Training camp body. Brad Stevens is a genius.
Bohemian
Analyst
And1: 3,308

Post#139 » by Bohemian » Wed Sep 8, 2021 1:48 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Training camp body. Brad Stevens is a genius.

Is he a 3-4?

I just want Grant traded... Come on, Brad! :wink:
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#140 » by ParticleMan » Wed Sep 8, 2021 1:50 pm

Looks like a camp deal.

I'd say Grant is one of the least likely to be traded, especially since Ime wants solid defenders.

Return to Boston Celtics