ImageImageImage

The 2021-2022 I Wouldn't Trade Brown for Simmons Because He's a Clown Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,013

Re: The 2021-2022 I Wouldn't Trade Brown for Simmons Because He's a Clown Trade Thread 

Post#21 » by Bad-Thoma » Thu Sep 2, 2021 12:46 pm

ddb wrote: then I don't want to talk about it again on this board.

I edited your post to this so you don't sound guano loco. Please let it be true.
Half-Full
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,127

Re: The 2021-2022 I Wouldn't Trade Brown for Simmons Because He's a Clown Trade Thread 

Post#22 » by Half-Full » Thu Sep 2, 2021 12:50 pm

ddb wrote:
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:
ddb wrote:For the record. I can’t stand Ben Simmons. I was making fake trade ideas to mess around. If LBF read my posts he knows I can’t stand Simmons. LBF felt the need to bring up Covid posts because that has anything to do with Ben Simmons. Ridiculous.

Enjoy that booster buddy.

Fair enough, your post still sucked, I thought you were being serious and it was a continuation of your recent nonsense. I really respect you as a basketball poster, always will, but that **** from before just leaves a bad stain in your drawers forever on this forum.

$$ & Power. I stand by it. And your vaccines are killing people too. Pfizer whistleblower saying close to 200k deaths within a week of taking vaccine. If people continue to comply it will only get worse the level of restrictions we will face.
And I'll leave you with this, then I don't want to talk about it again on this board. At NO time in history have the people forcing others into compliance been the good guys.

You make a statement about vaccines being responsible for "close to 200K deaths within a week of taking vaccine" as if it was fact. A quick Google search reveals there is no source that backs that figure (or anything close to it). Conspiracy BS.
Fantaxp7
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,613

Post#23 » by Fantaxp7 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 1:04 pm

Shak_Celts wrote:I feel bad for Simmons. He hasn't really done anything bad, he just won't shoot, that shouldn't take away all of what he is great at! If he was in the NBA during the 80s and 90s it wouldn't matter as much.

I dunno it looked like something mental was up with him in the playoffs. He does do things to help a team other than shoot but he looked exposed by other teams.

Then there were the reports he refused to work with the team to help fix his issues. Then he demands a trade and only to LA...I don't really feel that bad for him. He comes off as entitled and delusional. He could still turn it around...
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,870

Post#24 » by Celts17Pride » Thu Sep 2, 2021 1:41 pm

Read on Twitter

Surprise, surprise!
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#25 » by FlatearthZorro » Thu Sep 2, 2021 1:49 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
Read on Twitter

Surprise, surprise!

Shocked.

I mean it was either gonna be Nets, LAL, LAC or maybe Bucks. That's about it.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#26 » by FlatearthZorro » Thu Sep 2, 2021 1:50 pm

Fantaxp7 wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:I feel bad for Simmons. He hasn't really done anything bad, he just won't shoot, that shouldn't take away all of what he is great at! If he was in the NBA during the 80s and 90s it wouldn't matter as much.

I dunno it looked like something mental was up with him in the playoffs. He does do things to help a team other than shoot but he looked exposed by other teams.

Then there were the reports he refused to work with the team to help fix his issues. Then he demands a trade and only to LA...I don't really feel that bad for him. He comes off as entitled and delusional. He could still turn it around...

I can't feel bad for a spoiled little brat, who makes 30 mils a year from salary, thinks he's better than he is, hasn't improved anything about his game and averages like 3 pts for an entire series. Dude's a dud.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,870

Post#27 » by Celts17Pride » Thu Sep 2, 2021 3:52 pm

Read on Twitter
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#28 » by GoGreen » Thu Sep 2, 2021 4:23 pm

I don't feel bad necessarily for any of the NBA players. At the same time, idk how I'd handle being famous and having millions of people a day talk sh*t about me online, on tv, radio, giving their opinions about things they know nothing of, and basically being paid to professionally gossip at my expense. The media is high school for "grown ups."

Not to mention all the fake ass people in your life trying to use you and pull you every which way, women trying to gold-dig, and all the privacy issues that come with that kind of money and fame.

All this sh*t might not be an issue for me, but it might be. I wouldn't know unless I'm in their shoes.
Bohemian
Analyst
And1: 3,308

Post#29 » by Bohemian » Thu Sep 2, 2021 5:03 pm

Alright, so with Millsap going to the Nets the only way to improve the bench would come through a trade. The Memphis logjam at 3-4 is still a possibility.
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#30 » by captain green » Thu Sep 2, 2021 5:34 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:
Read on Twitter

Cool but he is going to nets la or Miami they all do..
Every one that has juice left goes to those teams nba has been ruined by klutch and lebron.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,482

Post#31 » by playa-hater » Thu Sep 2, 2021 6:36 pm

Just putting it out there. But is there any benefit to signing LA? We have centers, but LA probably is > Kanter and Bruno for One season at least.

also keeps him away from Nets/Miami.

speak now or forever be damned !!!
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#32 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Thu Sep 2, 2021 6:49 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:
Fantaxp7 wrote:

I can't feel bad for a spoiled little brat, who makes 30 mils a year from salary, thinks he's better than he is, hasn't improved anything about his game and averages like 3 pts for an entire series. Dude's a dud.

Agreed. Humanizing is important but not in this case
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#33 » by MagicBagley18 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 6:50 pm

These players go to these spots because they are contenders.....if we had a true contender we would be able to get the same treatment. Granted, not as good as an LA but we would 100% be in the mix. These guys don’t pay us attention because if the money is equal they aren’t considering us.

It’s the same reason when people worry about filling out a roster after a superstar trade and that concern being a reason not to make a big trade I always feel the order is wrong. Get the superstars- the role players will come. Hopefully next offseason that’ll be us.

-BLT 22’
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#34 » by jmr07019 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 7:00 pm

When the 76ers eventually realize they aren't getting **** for simmons we should call and offer Jaylen for Embiid. They may not fall for it but it's worth a shot. Tatum and Embiid work out together in the offseason right? I assume they are reasonably close.

Show Love Spread Love
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#35 » by ddb » Thu Sep 2, 2021 7:49 pm

Half-Full wrote:
ddb wrote:
LarryBirdsFingr wrote:Fair enough, your post still sucked, I thought you were being serious and it was a continuation of your recent nonsense. I really respect you as a basketball poster, always will, but that **** from before just leaves a bad stain in your drawers forever on this forum.

$$ & Power. I stand by it. And your vaccines are killing people too. Pfizer whistleblower saying close to 200k deaths within a week of taking vaccine. If people continue to comply it will only get worse the level of restrictions we will face.
And I'll leave you with this, then I don't want to talk about it again on this board. At NO time in history have the people forcing others into compliance been the good guys.

You make a statement about vaccines being responsible for "close to 200K deaths within a week of taking vaccine" as if it was fact. A quick Google search reveals there is no source that backs that figure (or anything close to it). Conspiracy BS.

Right. It's a whistleblower from Pfizer saying that. Not me. Sounds like a lot. However, considering the vaccine came out in December, even these numbers (13-14kish reported, and it's probably a lot more!) is alarming.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-I86ZwXMAU7-tj?format=jpg&name=large

and now CDC is counting any death within 14 days of receiving a vaccine as an "unvaccinated" death....which covers their a$$ a bit I suppose.
RickyDizzle
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,101

Post#36 » by RickyDizzle » Thu Sep 2, 2021 8:00 pm

ddb wrote:
Half-Full wrote:
ddb wrote:

Right. It's a whistleblower from Pfizer saying that. Not me. Sounds like a lot. However, considering the vaccine came out in December, even these numbers (13-14kish reported, and it's probably a lot more!) is alarming.

and now CDC is counting any death within 14 days of receiving a vaccine as an "unvaccinated" death....which covers their a$$ a bit I suppose.

What is this nonsense discussion doing in the trade thread??
Dannyboy36
Sixth Man
And1: 850

Post#37 » by Dannyboy36 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 8:17 pm

I don’t know enough about the cap to know if we can upgrade at backup 4. I’d say Celtics route is as good as any. Acquire talent regardless of fit for a future trade package? Beal, Zion, Dame, D. Mitchell.. then Embiid is gonna want out too after they messed up the Simmons situation too.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,668

Post#38 » by Fencer reregistered » Thu Sep 2, 2021 8:51 pm

ddb wrote: At NO time in history have the people forcing others into compliance been the good guys.

Perhaps you should take just that sentence to the Current Affairs board, so that we may consider the Union in the Civil War (including the role of conscription), or the post-WW2 US occupations of various countries, or compulsory elementary education, or epidemic/pandemic quarantines, or the collection of taxes, or ...
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,685

Post#39 » by GoCeltics123 » Thu Sep 2, 2021 9:23 pm

Read on Twitter

I hope IT gets another shot
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#40 » by jirrit » Thu Sep 2, 2021 9:46 pm

ddb wrote:
Half-Full wrote:
ddb wrote:

I can come up with a random graph also. I’m not that good in Paint though.

Return to Boston Celtics