ImageImageImage

The 2021-2022 I Wouldn't Trade Brown for Simmons Because He's a Clown Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,391

Re: The 2021-2022 I Wouldn't Trade Brown for Simmons Because He's a Clown Trade Thread 

Post#961 » by Triple7 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:02 pm

Dogen wrote:Are the Spurs going to liberate Murray during this rebuild? Man, he looks great out there. Maybe a middle class man's Fox.

Romeo + Josh + 1st + 2nd for Murray

I’d do a Smart plus picks for Murray. Even throw in langford. That is exactly what the Jays need. A big guard that can shoot and defend. That kid has unbelievable confidence as well.
sogood
Analyst
And1: 5,095

Re: The 2021-2022 I Wouldn't Trade Brown for Simmons Because He's a Clown Trade Thread 

Post#962 » by sogood » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:06 pm

BK_2020 wrote:
Dogen wrote:Are the Spurs going to liberate Murray during this rebuild? Man, he looks great out there. Maybe a middle class man's Fox.

Swapping Romeo for Murray's terrible contract isn't making us a contender. We need big changes, and Romeo, Richardson and picks set us up better for a big trade than a mediocre guard on a bad contract.

Sent from my SM-G991U using RealGM mobile app

What the hell are you blabbing about?

Murray is averaging 19/8/8 and plays great defense. He's getting paid an average of 16 million a season.

In what world is that a bad contract?
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#963 » by GoGreen » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:06 pm

Spurs can probably get a top 10 pick for Murray. Cs have no assets besides the Jays. Danny flushed that "war chest" down the damn toilet.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,391

Post#964 » by Triple7 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:15 pm

Spurs ain’t trading Murray. Their fans would go balistic if they ever did that.
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,029

Post#965 » by GutUNC » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:21 pm

cl2117 wrote:
GutUNC wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Before going to the extent of talking about trading Jaylen Brown, I think the Celts should explore trading Marcus Smart for Ben Simmons.

Smart is a better fit for the Sixers.

Doc Rivers will be the perfect coach for Marcus Smart.

That would be a short exploration.

Agreed. But for the record, I don't think they'd be trying to talk straight swap. More likely Smart plus 3 firsts/swaps and other stuff.

I'm sure if Morey decides to take a package of role players/picks he can get a better offer elsewhere though.

Jaylen is the obvious piece to move in that kind of deal, but especially with Simmons not playing and the drama I'd find it pretty impossible to make a straight swap and think both sides would struggle to agree on what has to be added on either side.

Agreed 100% on the straight up (or close to it) thing not being an option, for Smart or Brown. Don't think there's a logical number of picks that would make sense to hand Boston Simmons for Marcus Smart. Sixers have no need for filler-type role players - their depth is actually pretty good for a change.
GDTBATH
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,051

Post#966 » by Dogen » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:05 pm

sogood wrote:
BK_2020 wrote:

Swapping Romeo for Murray's terrible contract isn't making us a contender. We need big changes, and Romeo, Richardson and picks set us up better for a big trade than a mediocre guard on a bad contract.

What the hell are you blabbing about?

Murray is averaging 19/8/8 and plays great defense. He's getting paid an average of 16 million a season.

In what would is that a bad contract?

Yeah, if that's a bad contract I'll take two please. More likely that Spurs easily pass unless Murray is making noise.

There's a chance that Romeo becomes Murray-level in a couple years, but Murray is in the same age range as the Jays and would be a good compliment.

He also seems to possess a firey temperment that's complimentary to the "too cool for school" Jaylen and Jayson (unless it's Harvard or MIT for Jaylen).

Murray/Smart/Brown/Tatum/Horford is a better starting 5 than what we can put out there now. Add Schrö, Grant, Rob, Nesmith and Kanter and voila! -- still maybe not a contender but it's an upgrade.
Hey you! Can we come together?
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,734

Post#967 » by BK_2020 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:21 pm

Dejounte Murray scores at Marcus Smart level efficiency. He shoots 30% from the three. He is a liability not an asset.

CelticFaninLBC
General Manager
And1: 2,991

Post#968 » by CelticFaninLBC » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:14 am

The Celtics have a tough stretch of games upcoming. If this team doesn't improve soon, Stevens needs to consider dealing off Big Al and Schroeder. Perhaps there's potential for a John Wall and Christian Wood's trade, with Big Al and Schroeder going to another team that can send assets to HOU... Boston would have to add Juancho, Nesmith, PP, etc...
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,583

Post#969 » by NYG » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:45 am

From an outside perspective, if it did ever come down to Jaylen Brown or Jayson Tatum, it would easily be Tatum. I just wanted to see if Boston fans that watch first-hand would agree. What kind of value would Boston need to even consider it?
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#970 » by Feed Your Head » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:58 am

NYG wrote:From an outside perspective, if it did ever come down to Jaylen Brown or Jayson Tatum, it would easily be Tatum. I just wanted to see if Boston fans that watch first-hand would agree. What kind of value would Boston need to even consider it?

To me, it comes down to this. You can trade Jaylen and try to get a better fit. Trading Tatum is the nuclear, blow it up route.

People vary on what it would take to trade Jaylen, but for the most part, most agree that it would have to be a hell of a return.
NYG
RealGM

Post#971 » by NYG » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:07 am

The Comedian wrote:
NYG wrote:From an outside perspective, if it did ever come down to Jaylen Brown or Jayson Tatum, it would easily be Tatum. I just wanted to see if Boston fans that watch first-hand would agree. What kind of value would Boston need to even consider it?

To me, it comes down to this. You can trade Jaylen and try to get a better fit. Trading Tatum is the nuclear, blow it up route.

People vary on what it would take to trade Jaylen, but for the most part, most agree that it would have to be a hell of a return.

I'm not a Kings fan... just using this player as a baseline of value. Let's use De'Aaron Fox... If the deal was Fox for Brown and Juancho, how many picks are the Kings needing to add to that?
bfchs123
Senior
And1: 1,439

Post#972 » by bfchs123 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:10 am

The list of players that would make sense to even consider trading Jaylen for given age/contract/position seems really small

Outside of the no chance and/or too old superstars (e.g. Curry, James, Durant, Giannis, Jokic, Doncic, Lillard, Harden etc.) maybe it looks something like

- Morant?
- Zion?
- Kat?
- Simmons?
- Beal?
- Davis?
- Lamelo?

Not that any of those teams would trade those guys (Simmons excluded) but seems like the fit could be better with an elite PG or big man
NYG
RealGM

Post#973 » by NYG » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:13 am

bfchs123 wrote:The list of players that would make sense to even consider trading Jaylen for given age/contract/position seems really small

Outside of the no chance and/or too old superstars (e.g. Curry, James, Durant, Giannis, Jokic, Doncic, Lillard, Harden etc.) maybe it looks something like

- Morant?
- Zion?
- Kat?
- Simmons?
- Beal?
- Davis?
- Lamelo?

Not that any of those teams would trade those guys (Simmons excluded) but seems like the fit could be better with an elite PG or big man

So the center-piece is more important than the overall value of the deal to Boston? I could see Beal or Zion.
bfchs123
Senior
And1: 1,439

Post#974 » by bfchs123 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:22 am

NYG wrote:
bfchs123 wrote:The list of players that would make sense to even consider trading Jaylen for given age/contract/position seems really small

- Morant?
- Zion?
- Kat?
- Simmons?
- Beal?
- Davis?
- Lamelo?

So the center-piece is more important than the overall value of the deal to Boston? I could see Beal or Zion.

I would say so - the team needs a second star that makes Tatum better (and vice versa). Brown is an elite player but he and Tatum don't necessarily (at least to date) make each other better. Any trade 100% needs a star player and really shouldn't dilute that value for depth/picks - we already kind of have that.
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,351

Post#975 » by reload141 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:25 am

GoGreen wrote:Spurs can probably get a top 10 pick for Murray. Cs have no assets besides the Jays. Danny flushed that "war chest" down the damn toilet.

No.

The Sac & Memphis picks were supposed to be top 8 picks but Sac & Memphis played out of their skin in the seasons we owned their picks and that set us back.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#976 » by Feed Your Head » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:26 am

reload141 wrote:
GoGreen wrote:Spurs can probably get a top 10 pick for Murray. Cs have no assets besides the Jays. Danny flushed that "war chest" down the damn toilet.

No.

The Sac & Memphis picks were supposed to be top 8 picks but Sac & Memphis played out of their skin in the seasons we owned their picks and that set us back.

GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#977 » by GoGreen » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:49 am

reload141 wrote:

No.

..ok? They weren't supposed to be anything Lol. There's no such thing as "supposed to". There's what a GM does and doesn't do based on his situation and circumstances. Both times Danny decided to keep the picks and draft garbage. He could've traded those picks when they still had value, or just draft better. He did neither. And this crap team is largely a result of his vision. Last years certainly was, and they were worse than these guys.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 10,849

Post#978 » by Fierce1 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:22 am

GutUNC wrote:
cl2117 wrote:
GutUNC wrote:
That would be a short exploration.

Agreed. But for the record, I don't think they'd be trying to talk straight swap. More likely Smart plus 3 firsts/swaps and other stuff.

I'm sure if Morey decides to take a package of role players/picks he can get a better offer elsewhere though.

Jaylen is the obvious piece to move in that kind of deal, but especially with Simmons not playing and the drama I'd find it pretty impossible to make a straight swap and think both sides would struggle to agree on what has to be added on either side.

Agreed 100% on the straight up (or close to it) thing not being an option, for Smart or Brown. Don't think there's a logical number of picks that would make sense to hand Boston Simmons for Marcus Smart. Sixers have no need for filler-type role players - their depth is actually pretty good for a change.

I think Marcus Smart fans would even insist the Sixers add a 1st round pick for the Celts to agree to trade Smart for Simmons.

The consensus is Marcus Smart makes winning plays!

Can't say the same for Simmons, right? :lol:

I mean Simmons won't even play!
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,779

Post#979 » by Curmudgeon » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:53 am

If it's between Tatum and Brown, I'm trading Tatum. You will get more for him. And now that Tatum has gotten his first big payday, he doesn't seem to care nearly as much. Against the Spurs he turned the ball over nearly half the time he touched it.

But I'd trade both of them in the right deals. The team is going nowhere if the two stars are Tatum and Brown. I've become resigned to the fact that the Celtics will never win another title in my lifetime, and the best I can hope for is a season or two of unselfish basketball.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,103

Post#980 » by MaxwellSmart » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:38 am

Keep Tatum, Brown gotta go----they never pass to each other and we were winning before Brown got back...we should be able to get a lot for him, but who knows???

Return to Boston Celtics