ImageImageImage

Exhibit-10 Contracts = Matthews, Morgan, Pinson, Arcidiacono, Clemons, Kornet

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,161

Re: Exhibit-10 Contracts = Matthews, Morgan, Pinson, Arcidiacono, Clemons, Kornet 

Post#101 » by Hal14 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:34 am

31to6 wrote:That’s a lot of shuffling! So does anyone get the 2nd two-way spot? Congrats to Jabari for making the team. Glad we didn’t surprise everyone and cut Bruno to sign a random guard. Glad Kornet is back and headed to Maine.

Looks like the 2nd 2-way spot will be some guy who gets cut from another team. Guessing that Brad has his eye on a particular guy(s) since he seems confident in grabbing someone who is better than Mathews/Pinson who are both decent players.

#InBradWeTrust
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,009

Re: Exhibit-10 Contracts = Matthews, Morgan, Pinson, Arcidiacono, Clemons, Kornet 

Post#102 » by 31to6 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:59 am

Hal14 wrote:
31to6 wrote:That’s a lot of shuffling! So does anyone get the 2nd two-way spot? Congrats to Jabari for making the team. Glad we didn’t surprise everyone and cut Bruno to sign a random guard. Glad Kornet is back and headed to Maine.

Looks like the 2nd 2-way spot will be some guy who gets cut from another team. Guessing that Brad has his eye on a particular guy(s) since he seems confident in grabbing someone who is better than Mathews/Pinson who are both decent players.

#InBradWeTrust

I’ll approve if he goes that way.
Dunn, Exum, and Chriss now available:)
(I know they all suck but I’m always intrigued by former high draft picks)
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Joshyjess
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,932

Post#103 » by Joshyjess » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:35 pm

31to6 wrote:
Hal14 wrote:

#InBradWeTrust

I’ll approve if he goes that way.
Dunn, Exum, and Chriss now available:)
(I know they all suck but I’m always intrigued by former high draft picks)

Dunn, Exum, and Chriss? Wow, that's a ton of unrealized potential. Makes you wonder if at least one of those guys might have some untapped skill waiting to be released. Last year I would have loved to see the C's go after at least 1 or 2 of those guys (seriously, they couldn't have been worse than some of the end-of-the-benchers we had). This year, I don't know if it's worth taking a chance on any of them rather than what we acually do have.
Joshyjess
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,932

Post#104 » by Joshyjess » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:40 pm

Just saw that Matthews actually turned down the other 2-way spot. He said that he believes he's earned an actual position on a team after a couple of years in the league.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,587

Post#105 » by playa-hater » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:57 pm

I don't know if there are salary cap complications but I would take Kornet over Bruno easy..

and I want to repeat what I said in the summer. Should have tried to keep Moses Brown > Bruno..
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#106 » by captain green » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:02 pm

So with waiving parker and Matthews turning down the 2way that leaves us at 14 and one two way to sign correct?
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
Bohemian
Analyst
And1: 3,308

Post#107 » by Bohemian » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:11 pm

captain green wrote:So with waiving parker and Matthews turning down the 2way that leaves us at 14 and one two way to sign correct?

Yes. Thet must have someone in mind. I guess we´ll know soon.
Bohemian
Analyst

Post#108 » by Bohemian » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:12 pm

playa-hater wrote:I don't know if there are salary cap complications but I would take Kornet over Bruno easy..

and I want to repeat what I said in the summer. Should have tried to keep Moses Brown > Bruno..

Please, no Kornet. There must be better players out there.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,009

Post#109 » by 31to6 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:15 pm

Bohemian wrote:
playa-hater wrote:I don't know if there are salary cap complications but I would take Kornet over Bruno easy..

I know he looks like the stiffest of stiffs, but he plays pretty decent D in terms of positioning, blocks shots at a pretty high rate, and made some good passes from the high post on offense. I'd be fine with all that at the end of our bench.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,985

Post#110 » by Parliament10 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:18 pm

31to6 wrote:
Bohemian wrote:

I know he looks like the stiffest of stiffs, but he plays pretty decent D in terms of positioning, blocks shots at a pretty high rate, and made some good passes from the high post on offense. I'd be fine with all that at the end of our bench.

I like Kornet. And he can hit the 3.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Bohemian
Analyst

Post#111 » by Bohemian » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:20 pm

Could we get Giles on the 2way and then offer a regular spot to Mathews? Or is it too late?
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,874

Post#112 » by Curmudgeon » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:57 pm

Any news on Aaron Baynes and his neck injury?
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#113 » by playa-hater » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:21 am

Bohemian wrote:

out there?? perhaps, but I am saying Kornet > Bruno.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#114 » by playa-hater » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:22 am

Parliament10 wrote:
31to6 wrote:
Bohemian wrote:

I like Kornet. And he can hit the 3.

I actually think he is an underrated rim protector and a very good passer.
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#115 » by captain green » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:20 am

Any guesses on two ways and #15? I'll say open spot and t.j.leaf if eligible. Is Tyler bey available? I had him around 20th ranked.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
philing00
Senior
And1: 200

Post#116 » by philing00 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:37 pm

Matthews signed 2 way with Rockets. He didn’t like Boston he knew he wouldn’t get any playing time?
    Aminu got waived. Isn’t he supposed to be decent? Or is he just too old?
    Scoonie
    Bench Warmer
    And1: 1,787

Post#117 » by Scoonie » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:29 pm

philing00 wrote:
      Matthews signed 2 way with Rockets. He didn’t like Boston he knew he wouldn’t get any playing time?
      Aminu got waived. Isn’t he supposed to be decent? Or is he just too old?

Too bad, I would've liked to have kept Mathews.

Aminu is only 31.
      Dogen wrote:Celtics win despite Smart having -1 points for the game.

Return to Boston Celtics