ImageImageImage

Exhibit-10 Contracts = Matthews, Morgan, Pinson, Arcidiacono, Clemons, Kornet

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

1st banana
Starter
And1: 3,031

Re: Celtics Exhibit-10 Contracts = Matthews, Morgan, Pinson & Arcidiacono, (Kornet) 

Post#61 » by 1st banana » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:59 pm

Like Matthews a lot actually he like took over the game when we played them in one of the regular season games.

Can shoot it and is a very good defender quietly.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,985

Re: Celtics Exhibit-10 Contracts = Matthews, Morgan, Pinson & Arcidiacono, (Kornet) 

Post#62 » by Parliament10 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:53 pm

Read on Twitter
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 2,524

Post#63 » by snowman » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:45 pm

So we know the top 12, IMO:
Smart, Richardson, Brown, Tatum, R. Williams
Pritchard, Schroder, Nesmith, Hernangomez, Horford
??????, Langford, ???????. ????????. Kanter
2 - way:
Hauser

Then we have:
G. Will, Parker, Fernando, Kornet, Morgan, Pinson, Matthews, Arcidacono
left to fight it out for the final 2 roster spots and 1 2-way spot.

I'd really like to see Arcidacono in the 3rd pg spot, Matthews in the 3rd SF spot, Fernando in the 3rd PF spot, (also 4th big), and Morgan in the 2nd 2-way spot. That means releasing Parker and trading Grant for zip. I can go to war with that roster.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,836

Post#64 » by bucknersrevenge » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:02 am

Celts17Pride wrote:
Read on Twitter

Mathews on a two way would be great. Shooter in the wings in case of injury.

That Garrison is in fact signed to the 1 year non-guaranteed deal and not the Exhibit 10 deal AND is eligible for either the 15th roster spot or the 2nd 2-way signals to me that one way or another Matthews is making this team unless he just flat out bombs. Hedge against Nesmith maybe? Does Nesmith get moved? I think Langford should be very worried by all of this right now. Jabari too.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#65 » by captain green » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:08 pm

I'd have interest in oturu Memphis just waived him anyone with me on that?
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
Half-Full
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,127

Post#66 » by Half-Full » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:34 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:
Read on Twitter

That Garrison is in fact signed to the 1 year non-guaranteed deal and not the Exhibit 10 deal AND is eligible for either the 15th roster spot or the 2nd 2-way signals to me that one way or another Matthews is making this team unless he just flat out bombs. Hedge against Nesmith maybe? Does Nesmith get moved? I think Langford should be very worried by all of this right now. Jabari too.

I also think that Langford should be worried. He has shown flashes, but at the moment, I don't think he's cracking the top 12. Camp will be competitive, and he could become expendable. Word is that Brad might not be through trading, and it wouldn't shock me to see Romeo packaged.
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,069

Post#67 » by Dogen » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:57 pm

Half-Full wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:
Read on Twitter

I also think that Langford should be worried. He has shown flashes, but at the moment, I don't think he's cracking the top 12. Camp will be competitive, and he could become expendable. Word is that Brad might not be through trading, and it wouldn't shock me to see Romeo packaged.

Romeo really may be the odd man out. He might be interesting for a young nonplayoff team to take for spin for the remainder of his rookie contract.

For the Celtics, is there any one skill that he has that can’t be replicated by one of Brown, Smart, Schroeder, Richardson, Nesmith, Pritchard and perhaps Mathews?
Hey you! Can we come together?
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,069

Post#68 » by Dogen » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:03 pm

In Romeo’s favor, I thought his defense on KD was more effective than just about anyone else on the team. He either needs a chance to put it all together this year, or just be moved.

Seems like Brad isn’t in the move for another development season. Sink or swim starts with training camp.
Hey you! Can we come together?
Higgs Boston
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,625

Post#69 » by Higgs Boston » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:09 am

If these aren't the best training camp signings in this century then is close, these players can play in the NBA unlike other players in past years.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,985

Post#70 » by Parliament10 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:23 am

Higgs Boston wrote:If these aren't the best training camp signings in this century then is close, these players can play in the NBA unlike other players in past years.

Yeah. I think that a couple of these Guys will get contracts somewhere.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,161

Post#71 » by Hal14 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:58 am

captain green wrote:I'd have interest in oturu Memphis just waived him anyone with me on that?

I think we have enough guys.

My head is spinning as it is trying to process Hernangomez/Fernando/Grant/Parker/Hauser/Morgan/Pinson/Kornet/Arciadiacono/Matthews
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#72 » by ParticleMan » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:18 am

Matthews has Korver potential. Not sure where he fits but at the very least is a huge upgrade over Carsen for the 15th man spot. I'd keep him over Parker, tbh, I think our PF situation is pretty set now with Juancho behind Tatum.

Arci looks like one of those guys who everyone likes to root for but is just physically overmatched. I'm kinda done with these kind of feel-good stories. We need legit NBA players.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,009

Post#73 » by 31to6 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:49 pm

captain green wrote:I'd have interest in oturu Memphis just waived him anyone with me on that?

He was a draft favorite of mine so I'm with you on that -- but it's not happening. We've filled up even all of our training camp slots and he's yet to get anything going as a pro. But I believe! (in his draft profile)
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Half-Full
Bench Warmer

Post#74 » by Half-Full » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:47 pm

Dogen wrote:In Romeo’s favor, I thought his defense on KD was more effective than just about anyone else on the team. He either needs a chance to put it all together this year, or just be moved.

Seems like Brad isn’t in the move for another development season. Sink or swim starts with training camp.

This quote from a CelticsBlog article has validity (article at link below).

"Langford’s upside has been clouded by injury and two uniquely difficult NBA seasons. This is the first summer he’s really been able to work on his game and as everything starts to slows down for him, we could be seeing those dividends pay off as soon as this upcoming season."

Let's hope the clouds will part for Romeo, and that we do indeed start to see him start to hit his stride.

https://www.celticsblog.com/2021/9/26/22659546/what-if-young-boston-celtics-reach-potential-payton-pritchard-aaron-nesmith-timelord-romeo-langford
Half-Full
Bench Warmer

Post#75 » by Half-Full » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:58 pm

Hal14 wrote:

My head is spinning as it is trying to process Hernangomez/Fernando/Grant/Parker/Hauser/Morgan/Pinson/Kornet/Arciadiacono/Matthews

Almost an NBA team! I mean, you could put together a pretty decent starting five from this group (please allow the hyperbole :) ).

C - Fernando
PF - Hernangomez
SF - Pinson
SG - Matthews
PG - Arcidiacono

And these are the guys that are vying for positions 10-15!
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#76 » by ParticleMan » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:43 am

Half-Full wrote:
Hal14 wrote:

Almost an NBA team! I mean, you could put together a pretty decent starting five from this group (please allow the hyperbole :) ).

C - Fernando
PF - Hernangomez
SF - Pinson
SG - Matthews
PG - Arcidiacono

And these are the guys that are vying for positions 10-15!

I'm excited about the upgrade for our deep bench too, but let's be real that team would struggle to win 3 games all year :lol:
but yeah, just before training camp is the perfect time for hyperbole hehe.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,161

Post#77 » by Hal14 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:56 pm

ParticleMan wrote:Matthews has Korver potential. Not sure where he fits but at the very least is a huge upgrade over Carsen for the 15th man spot. I'd keep him over Parker, tbh, I think our PF situation is pretty set now with Juancho behind Tatum.

Arci looks like one of those guys who everyone likes to root for but is just physically overmatched. I'm kinda done with these kind of feel-good stories. We need legit NBA players.

Agreed. Mathews needs to be on our 15 man roster.

1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,587

Post#78 » by playa-hater » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:41 pm

31to6 wrote:

He was a draft favorite of mine so I'm with you on that -- but it's not happening. We've filled up even all of our training camp slots and he's yet to get anything going as a pro. But I believe! (in his draft profile)

Wouldn't say Favorite for me, but did definitely like. I'd still bring him in. let everyone battle it out. BEST MAN WINS!! On paper he appears to what Boston likes. A big with a decent 3 point shot. Memphis just has/had too many players. He lost out in a #s game.

I say too good NOT to take a look at.. Surprise can come. Just look at Christian Wood and how he wasn't even wanted by most for a long time. Not saying he is that level, but just look at him..
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
31to6
RealGM
And1: 28,009

Post#79 » by 31to6 » Fri Oct 1, 2021 7:54 pm

playa-hater wrote:
31to6 wrote:

Wouldn't say Favorite for me, but did definitely like. I'd still bring him in. let everyone battle it out. BEST MAN WINS!! On paper he appears to what Boston likes. A big with a decent 3 point shot. Memphis just has/had too many players. He lost out in a #s game.

I say too good NOT to take a look at.. Surprise can come. Just look at Christian Wood and how he wasn't even wanted by most for a long time. Not saying he is that level, but just look at him..

Oturu lasted like a day or two on the 'market' -- signed a camp deal with the Bulls.

Well maybe I should look up what Deyonta Davis is up to:)
(damn, it's been 5 years since his draft! and he's in the G league. never claimed to be any good at this:)
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
AKFO
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,734

Post#80 » by AKFO » Mon Oct 4, 2021 3:05 am

Dogen wrote:In Romeo’s favor, I thought his defense on KD was more effective than just about anyone else on the team. He either needs a chance to put it all together this year, or just be moved.

Yeah I don't think Langford will have too much to worry about. I think the top 7 of our rotation (plus Kanter in the C rotation some nights) is set, and that Udoka will give 2-4 of the Nesmith Pritchard Langford Grant Hernangomez group rotation minutes each night. Nesmith and Pritchard could separate themselves as every-day players, but keep in mind Langford was ahead of Pritchard in the rotation as recently as last year's playoffs. Even if Nesmith and Pritchard play every day, there would still be available minutes (if Horf isn't playing too much pf). Langford is a good practice player from what I hear so I don't think he'll be forgotten about or abandoned; there will be opportunities to try and tap into his potential. Nevermind that injuries are inevitable and there will be holes in the rotation before we know it.

I actually think Langford is closer to being a legit 3 and D player than a lot of us think, and that's with potential to improve and make an impact in other areas. He shot 38% on 5.3 3pa's per game over the last 3 games of the playoffs, and in 3 Summer League games he shot 39% on 4.3 3pa's per game (less minutes). Just the fact that he's been taking these shots at a high clip is very encouraging, and something we didn't begin seeing until last year's playoffs. Add in his first full offseason as well. Emerging as a 3&D type player will allow Romeo to stay on the floor and begin to display the other aspects of his game.

Return to Boston Celtics