ImageImageImage

Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Omicron & Delta Variants)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,867

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Omicron & Delta Variants) 

Post#1021 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Dec 7, 2021 3:40 pm

I support vaccine mandates 100%. People who don't like it should be given a free one-way airline ticket to the covid hotpot of their choice.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,408

Post#1022 » by Mr Loggins » Tue Dec 7, 2021 4:19 pm

ddb wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:
ddb wrote:So do you guys support vaccine mandates? Are you interested in the states going down the path of Australia, Germany, and Austria? Do you support what NY has implementing?

Please quote any person on this thread supporting vaccine mandates.

I'm asking a question. Not accusing.

I suppose it depends on wether or not you enjoy this new normal that is pandemic life…
celtics543
Analyst
And1: 3,078

Post#1023 » by celtics543 » Tue Dec 7, 2021 4:22 pm

This whole "I did my own research" thing that people throw around is such a cop out. Do you walk into your surgeons office and tell them what to do because you "did your own research"? Do you tell your mechanic how to fix your car because you did your own research? This whole doing your own research bs is ridiculous. Be informed but don't do a Google Search or watch a video and try to put yourself on the same level as experts.

I'm so sick of hearing people talk about doing their own research and coming to a WILDLY different conclusion than the actual experts. People have dedicated their entire lives to researching medicine and disease and there are people out there who have the gall to do a Google search or watch a YouTube video and think they're better informed. The amount of narcissism involved in that is mind-numbing.

I see it every day as a teacher where parents think that because they all went to school they know exactly how things should be done. It's these people that think they know better than everyone else and that they have all the answers that are ruining society. I'd bet some serious cash that most of the mass shooters in this country were people who "did their own research" on whatever topic they were angry about or had parents who espoused this ridiculousness.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,021

Post#1024 » by Bad-Thoma » Tue Dec 7, 2021 5:44 pm

La Flame wrote:
Bad-Thoma wrote:
coach mang wrote:DOGEN - good eye on your part. that is indeed W. w/out going too far afield here, it is enough to say that mang decorate her post w/ his image because he has much to teach about both love and inconvenient truths. in a synthetic world truth tastes like the coldest tall can that er did whet ye whistle

"[Man] can't help but experience this new state of things in late civilizations except with dread, the dread suspicion... an uncanny suspicion... that the world is artificial. He begins to sense that this hothouse he lives in is the malevolent creation of a demiurge that likes to observe our sufferings, that He and his minions feed on them." -[REDACTED]

this is why this thread is so interesting to mang. [REDACTED] by itself is quite boring to many of us at this point but what is fascinating is peoples' and [REDACTED] reactions to what they think (or say they think) is going on and this FIGHT FOR CONTROL OVER DA TRUUF

M2H - thanks for posting Fear and Trembling. mang done added that one to her reading list. looking forward to giving it a gander

BAD THOMA - u is one of mang's favorite posters on this site so plz don't take this the wrong way BUT perhaps we should b wary of anyone dat refer to themselves as FACT CHEXXERS no? Does that self-title instill confidence? mang reject GATEKEEPERS OF TRUUF as FISHMONGERS OF LIES. esp in this particular case.

most of these fact chexxers turn out to be small town lefty lawyers that stumble into internet truuf gategrifting for fun and profit

da one you link to has questions around it (but they all do) u gotta wonder why such a tiny outfit is featured so prominently by google. van zandt may or may not also have CFR ties

this is a critique from the left:

https://www.palmerreport.com/politics/palmer-report-exclusive-media-bias-fact-check/2115/

another

https://www.politifactbias.com/2017/10/can-you-trust-what-media-biasfact-check.html

one more

https://www.justfactsdaily.com/media-bias-fact-check-incompetent-or-dishonest

yall heard of turf wars but this a truuf war

reject synthreality

retvrn to real

Love you Mang, always will. I'm not going to sidetrack into this stuff on the covid thread as looking at those links and reading about those sites is a rabbit hole that would go deeper than I have time for. MBFC as been rated highly by other fact checkers and there are a couple of simple false claims in those links but that's as deep as I care to go on it, I don't have a vested interest in MBFC other than finding them to be ONE reliable resource. I use the MBFC source to point out DDB's site being a conspiracy site but anyone can read the wording they use in their title and see it for themselves, it's no mystery. It's Weekly World News level **** that feeds into confirmation bias. We're all subject to confirmation bias which is why I like my neutral, dry Reuters info and why really dislike CNN despite having a strong progressive lean, I find bias sites that feed into my preconceptions more dangerous than bias sites that annoy them. I don't know what Van Zandt may or may not have CFR ties means? but may or may not doesn't mean a lot to me either way. I may or may not have ties to alien life forms. It's not a false statement.

https://divergemedia-ca.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/divergemedia.ca/2021/06/28/thomas-reuters-foundation-chairman-is-also-board-member-at-pfizer/amp/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#aoh=16388823084882&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fdivergemedia.ca%2F2021%2F06%2F28%2Fthomas-reuters-foundation-chairman-is-also-board-member-at-pfizer%2F

And? Do you have examples of them promoting something rather than reporting on it? Being known as a trustable news outlet is a market in itself, not everything is manipulative.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,909

Post#1025 » by SuperDeluxe » Tue Dec 7, 2021 5:55 pm

exculpatory wrote:Le français est beaucoup plus joli que l'espagnol - mais aux États-Unis, l'espagnol est plus utilitaire. Ma plus jeune fille parle français.
Et SD a tout prévu.

It depends. French from France is more beautiful than the French here (Quebec). Similarly, Spanish is more beautiful in some countries than in others. For example, Spanish is ugly where I come from, but in certain parts of Colombia Spanish is so beautiful that you feel like getting naked in front of random ugly people just because of how they talk.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,867

Post#1026 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Dec 7, 2021 6:32 pm

English is the language for doing business.
French is the language for ordering food.
Italian is the language for making love.
Spanish is the language for talking to God.
German is the language for talking to animals.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West

"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells

"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#1027 » by ddb » Tue Dec 7, 2021 6:55 pm

Mr Loggins wrote:
ddb wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:Please quote any person on this thread supporting vaccine mandates.

I suppose it depends on wether or not you enjoy this new normal that is pandemic life…

Well the new normal is the same as the old normal where I live on the coast in Florida. We fine and dandy.
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#1028 » by jmr07019 » Tue Dec 7, 2021 9:01 pm

celtics543 wrote:This whole "I did my own research" thing that people throw around is such a cop out. Do you walk into your surgeons office and tell them what to do because you "did your own research"? Do you tell your mechanic how to fix your car because you did your own research? This whole doing your own research bs is ridiculous. Be informed but don't do a Google Search or watch a video and try to put yourself on the same level as experts.

I'm so sick of hearing people talk about doing their own research and coming to a WILDLY different conclusion than the actual experts. People have dedicated their entire lives to researching medicine and disease and there are people out there who have the gall to do a Google search or watch a YouTube video and think they're better informed. The amount of narcissism involved in that is mind-numbing.

I see it every day as a teacher where parents think that because they all went to school they know exactly how things should be done. It's these people that think they know better than everyone else and that they have all the answers that are ruining society. I'd bet some serious cash that most of the mass shooters in this country were people who "did their own research" on whatever topic they were angry about or had parents who espoused this ridiculousness.

People get second opinions on every subject whether it's about a medical procedure, fixing their car, the best diet to lose weight , etc. When someone claims their word cant be questioned it is generally a red flag.
Show Love Spread Love
jmr07019
General Manager

Post#1029 » by jmr07019 » Tue Dec 7, 2021 9:18 pm

Ed Pinkney wrote:
Don't be ridiculous, no one is being put in prison for close contacts here in Australia.

At a COVID update press conference, NT Chief Minister Michael Gunner confirmed the teenagers, aged 15, 16 and 17, tested negative for the virus yesterday.

He said all three were from the Binjari community near Katherine and had been sent into quarantine as close contacts of positive cases.

NT Police Commissioner Jamie Chalker said officers found the trio on the edge of Palmerston and arrested them after a chase on foot.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-01/multiple-people-escape-howard-springs-quarantine-facility-darwin/100663994

If they are not being held for close contacts and they tested negative what are they being held for?
Show Love Spread Love
Mr Loggins
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,408

Post#1030 » by Mr Loggins » Tue Dec 7, 2021 9:19 pm

ddb wrote:
Mr Loggins wrote:
ddb wrote:

Well the new normal is the same as the old normal where I live on the coast in Florida. We fine and dandy.

well, minus 65000 people or so with more covid spikes most certainly coming
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,019

Post#1031 » by exculpatory » Tue Dec 7, 2021 10:17 pm

Mr Loggins wrote:
ddb wrote:
Mr Loggins wrote:

well, minus 65000 people or so with more covid spikes most certainly coming

He is hopelessly stupid & willfully ignorant.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,698

Post#1032 » by Tatumfor2 » Tue Dec 7, 2021 10:56 pm

jmr07019 wrote:
celtics543 wrote:This whole "I did my own research" thing that people throw around is such a cop out. Do you walk into your surgeons office and tell them what to do because you "did your own research"? Do you tell your mechanic how to fix your car because you did your own research? This whole doing your own research bs is ridiculous. Be informed but don't do a Google Search or watch a video and try to put yourself on the same level as experts.

People get second opinions on every subject whether it's about a medical procedure, fixing their car, the best diet to lose weight , etc. When someone claims their word cant be questioned it is generally a red flag.

You're not asking for a second opinion. You're asking for an additional opinion beyond the 9 million doctors, 18 million nurses, and 8.5 million scientists worldwide telling you to get vaccinated. More like a 35.5 millionth opinion. Are you looking for a second opinion or any opinion to suit your narrative?
Win it for Al!!! :pray:
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1033 » by SuperDeluxe » Tue Dec 7, 2021 11:15 pm

Tatumfor2 wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:

You're not asking for a second opinion. You're asking for an additional opinion beyond the 9 million doctors, 18 million nurses, and 8.5 million scientists worldwide telling you to get vaccinated. More like a 35.5 millionth opinion. Are you looking for a second opinion or any opinion to suit your narrative?

But are those doctors/nurses/scientists free thinkers? Or are they actually part of the conglomerate of Big Pharma, leftist media, and the CDC of every country in the world? I read that Soros is involved, Bill Gates too. This conspiracy may be even bigger than what those in hot tub circles have been warning us sheeple about.
coach mang
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,401

Post#1034 » by coach mang » Wed Dec 8, 2021 12:06 am

BAD THOMA out here showing us all how to do this thwead. yes we all got cognibias (fer landsake mang n ddb b out here in the wilds of FLA which mang reckon look a lot dif than other "more enlightened" parts of the country n world... we just simple folk out here yonder way after all) and yes we can treat all of KKELTIC NATION w/ wesppek and kindness too.

this will b mangs last post on this thwead. when the song is sung its sung dadgum

KKELTIC PWIDE SHALL NEVAH DIE

JUST MULTIPRY yeahhhhhhhhh

Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,070

Post#1035 » by Ed Pinkney » Wed Dec 8, 2021 1:26 am

jmr07019 wrote:
Ed Pinkney wrote:
Don't be ridiculous, no one is being put in prison for close contacts here in Australia.

At a COVID update press conference, NT Chief Minister Michael Gunner confirmed the teenagers, aged 15, 16 and 17, tested negative for the virus yesterday.

He said all three were from the Binjari community near Katherine and had been sent into quarantine as close contacts of positive cases.

NT Police Commissioner Jamie Chalker said officers found the trio on the edge of Palmerston and arrested them after a chase on foot.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-01/multiple-people-escape-howard-springs-quarantine-facility-darwin/100663994

If they are not being held for close contacts and they tested negative what are they being held for?

From what I understand, they ARE close contacts which is why they are quarantining. And you do realise they are not in prison, they are spending 14 days in quarantine. We have largely used a hotel quarantine system for returning overseas travellers and more recently a couple of quarantine facilities like the one in this example. But the Northern Territory is in a slightly different situation as they have a very high indigenous population compared to other states and territories, and indigenous people are unfortunately a higher risk group due to higher incidences of potential comorbidities that might increase the risk of severe symptoms and possible death, and a lower vaccination rate. In terms of the negative tests they have already had, there have been numerous cases of contacts testing negative initially and then testing positive 7-10 days later.

I agree the NT example is a little heavy handed, but they are still doing what they think is best to reduce risk of transmission in a part of the country with more isolated rural and indigenous communities and reduced access to health care due to isolation and lower population numbers.

You may not agree with the methods here, but just for comparison:

Texas population - 29,000,000
Texas COVID cases - 4,350,000
Texas COVID deaths - 74,500

Florida population - 21,400,000
Florida COVID cases - 3,700,000
Florida COVID deaths - 61,700

Australia population - 25,600,000
Australia COVID cases - 219,000
Australia COVID deaths - 2000
celtics543
Analyst
And1: 3,078

Post#1036 » by celtics543 » Wed Dec 8, 2021 12:34 pm

jmr07019 wrote:

That second opinion is generally from another well respected professional, not Google or YouTube. I can assure you that if Jayson Tatum tears his ACL and decides that Dr. James Andrews recommendation is wrong and tells the media that he did his own research on YouTube and now he's going to do this other course of treatment there would be some negative reaction.

Right now people are finding the one doctor or one medical person who agrees with them and going with it despite the millions that are in agreement the other way.

My wife is a pharmacist at our local hospital and she hasn't mentioned any brainwashing sessions or leftist liberal propaganda so I'm going to guess that unless Bill Gates is aerosolizing his mind control you might just be a little paranoid.
jmr07019
General Manager

Post#1037 » by jmr07019 » Wed Dec 8, 2021 6:39 pm

Australian man denied service based on vax status

Read on Twitter
Show Love Spread Love
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1038 » by SuperDeluxe » Wed Dec 8, 2021 7:13 pm

jmr07019 wrote:Australian man denied service based on vax status

Read on Twitter

At this point I don't expect anybody to spend time explaining this stuff to you (or any of the other do-my-own-research people on this thread). Each and every little bit of disinformation that you guys have posted has been dissected and destroyed, one by one, and none of you even acknowledged the answers. What's the point then?
greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Post#1039 » by greenroom31 » Wed Dec 8, 2021 7:17 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:Australian man denied service based on vax status

Read on Twitter

At this point I don't expect anybody to spend time explaining this stuff to you (or any of the other do-my-own-research people on this thread). Each and every little bit of disinformation that you guys have posted has been dissected and destroyed, one by one, and none of you even acknowledged the answers. What's the point then?

Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,412

Post#1040 » by Captain_Caveman » Wed Dec 8, 2021 7:18 pm

jmr07019 wrote:

And those second opinions typically come from a different doctor, mechanic, or trainer, rather than from some untrained and uneducated person that is dead-set on attempting to create their own reality.

Return to Boston Celtics