ImageImageImage

Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Omicron & Delta Variants)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#301 » by Feed Your Head » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:07 pm

Damn, the movie Idiocracy has become scary accurate.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,948

Post#302 » by Parliament10 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:23 pm

exculpatory wrote:
Spoiler:
ddb wrote:
exculpatory wrote:
Despicable & disgusting willful ignorance.

Shameful.

Your very existence is an embarrassment to human decency.

hey EX I can't hold back anymore. GO **** yourself! YOU my friend are the scumbag. Nobody else. YOU. The way you type at people is ridiculous. Who do you think you are? I mean seriously. Can you not handle debate, trolling, and people that have different opinions as you?
At the end of the day, you're the problem. Not anyone else.

Back to vaccinations. So you want unvaccinated people to get vaccinated so that vaccinated people are protected? Say that 5 times out loud. Also, if you dislike unvaccinated people so much just let us all die out. Then you can be merry with all your vaccinated friends. O wait, unvaccinated people are apparently killing vaccinated people? Because that makes any sense.

Just admit....your big Pharma vaccine doesn't do ****! It DOES NOT WORK against anything. I know countless people in my life who got covid shortly after getting vaccinated. I also know of a friend that nearly died from blood clots shortly after getting vaccinated. I'm not getting mother **** vaccinated. I'll die on this hill and you can go **** yourself.

Your last 2 paragraphs bespeak once again your massive stupidity & willful ignorance. The examples you gave at the end are completely meaningless. Peer reviewed studies of tens of thousands of people are how meaningful clinical research is conducted. And I have cited almost 30-40 of them in these threads. You either do not read them or are too **** stupid to understand them. I (and many others) have politely tried to explain Covid science to you, but you just don’t get it. The unvaccinated & the unmasked morons constitute the vast majority of the people flooding ICUs (denying care to others), & transmitting Covid. And the massive transmission of Covid amongst the unvaccinated dip **** most likely will result in new mutations & variants even worse than Delta. Vaccinated may get it - but typically much milder cases in most. The few vaccinated who become severely ill are the elderly & the at risk cohorts. Vaccinated may transmit - but vastly less than the unvaccinated transmit.

The data have MASSIVELY & OVERWHELMINGLY proven that the vaccines have saved countless lives & are SAFE.

You are truly a **** stain on America - the scum of the earth.
A lethal combination of ignorance & arrogance.

I should not be lowering myself to name call.
And I apologize for that to the many decent posters in this thread.
Spoiler:
But I am human & you truly & thoroughly disgust me with your existence,

I hope you & yours do not end up sick - but you are definitely at risk & may pay the piper one day soon.
And you & people like you are putting innocent people at risk & killing some of them.
For that, you should go straight to mother **** hell.

In conclusion, **** you forever, mother ****.

Re-blocked.

Ex, you are doing a Great job, at providing the Truth and the Facts.
Just stick to that. Don't get caught up in misdirection. = As that, is what they want.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,069

Post#303 » by Dogen » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:36 pm

I do hope the mods keep this thread up, despite the increasingly acrimonious and accusatory tone.

Why? Because whatever the truth of the matter, we as a human collective appear to be moving inexorably in a direction of division and mistrust in many arenas of public, health, economic, political and spiritual debate.

If we can’t accept or tolerate differing opinions on a supposedly friendly basketball, what does that indicate for our future, a future that may already have more censorship in store for us?

Every individual is responsible for their own thoughts, doing their own research, considering the opinion of a range of experts, evaluating the legitimacy of data, and balancing what is studied within the framework of one’s own reason, experience and intuition. When we lash out against others with differing perspective and understanding, we just undermine or own position, no matter the validity.

If either of the polarized views espoused are true, there is a fairly high degree of likelihood that some of us will depart this realm in the not too distant future. So ffs let’s not totally give up on listening and understanding.

I still think we’ll make it through all this. As Bob Dylan said, “it’s not dark yet, but it’s getting there”. We don’t need to pump the darkness.

And besides, I want us all to experience that magic Celtics season…. when Rob Williams plays over 60 games! :D
Hey you! Can we come together?
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,030

Post#304 » by exculpatory » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:38 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
exculpatory wrote:
Spoiler:
ddb wrote:
hey EX I can't hold back anymore. GO **** yourself! YOU my friend are the scumbag. Nobody else. YOU. The way you type at people is ridiculous. Who do you think you are? I mean seriously. Can you not handle debate, trolling, and people that have different opinions as you?

Back to vaccinations. So you want unvaccinated people to get vaccinated so that vaccinated people are protected? Say that 5 times out loud. Also, if you dislike unvaccinated people so much just let us all die out. Then you can be merry with all your vaccinated friends. O wait, unvaccinated people are apparently killing vaccinated people? Because that makes any sense.

Just admit....your big Pharma vaccine doesn't do ****! It DOES NOT WORK against anything. I know countless people in my life who got covid shortly after getting vaccinated. I also know of a friend that nearly died from blood clots shortly after getting vaccinated. I'm not getting mother **** vaccinated. I'll die on this hill and you can go **** yourself.

Your last 2 paragraphs bespeak once again your massive stupidity & willful ignorance. The examples you gave at the end are completely meaningless. Peer reviewed studies of tens of thousands of people are how meaningful clinical research is conducted. And I have cited almost 30-40 of them in these threads. You either do not read them or are too **** stupid to understand them. I (and many others) have politely tried to explain Covid science to you, but you just don’t get it. The unvaccinated & the unmasked morons constitute the vast majority of the people flooding ICUs (denying care to others), & transmitting Covid. And the massive transmission of Covid amongst the unvaccinated dip **** most likely will result in new mutations & variants even worse than Delta. Vaccinated may get it - but typically much milder cases in most. The few vaccinated who become severely ill are the elderly & the at risk cohorts. Vaccinated may transmit - but vastly less than the unvaccinated transmit.

The data have MASSIVELY & OVERWHELMINGLY proven that the vaccines have saved countless lives & are SAFE.

Spoiler:

I hope you & yours do not end up sick - but you are definitely at risk & may pay the piper one day soon.
And you & people like you are putting innocent people at risk & killing some of them.

Re-blocked.

Just stick to that. Don't get caught up in misdirection. = As that, is what they want.
Parliament10 wrote:
exculpatory wrote:
Spoiler:
ddb wrote:

Spoiler:

Re-blocked.

Thanks.

I have re-blocked DDB & the rest.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#305 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:47 pm

RIP to everyone in this thread who isn’t vaxxed. I will miss the good times we had on this board talking hoops. Start getting your affairs in order now, make sure you update your wills and good luck on the other side.
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#306 » by exculpatory » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:47 pm

Dogen wrote:I do hope the mods keep this thread up, despite the increasingly acrimonious and accusatory tone.

Why? Because whatever the truth of the matter, we as a human collective appear to be moving inexorably in a direction of division and mistrust in many arenas of public, health, economic, political and spiritual debate.

If we can’t accept or tolerate differing opinions on a supposedly friendly basketball, what does that indicate for our future, a future that may already have more censorship in store for us?

Every individual is responsible for their own thoughts, doing their own research, considering the opinion of a range of experts, evaluating the legitimacy of data, and balancing what is studied within the framework of one’s own reason, experience and intuition. When we lash out against others with differing perspective and understanding, we just undermine or own position, no matter the validity.

If either of the polarized views espoused are true, there is a fairly high degree of likelihood that some of us will depart this realm in the not too distant future. So ffs let’s not totally give up on listening and understanding.

I still think we’ll make it through all this. As Bob Dylan said, “it’s not dark yet, but it’s getting there”. We don’t need to pump the darkness.

And besides, I want us all to experience that magic Celtics season…. when Rob Williams plays over 60 games! :D

I am all for debate, Dogen.

But but but…

On this matter, there IS no debate because there is no one posting on the other side with 1/1000th of my expertise.

I cannot & will not debate abject ignorance,

Initially, I politely tried to explain & educate - but to no avail - & then was abused for my efforts - and I do not take well to abuse.

So I gave them the full measure of my expansive profane vocabulary.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,513

Post#307 » by canman1971 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:59 pm

The Comedian wrote:Damn, the movie Idiocracy has become scary accurate.

Been saying that for years.
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics

Post#308 » by canman1971 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:04 pm

djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,239

Post#309 » by djFan71 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:35 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
2Mas wrote:What is the point of being vaccinated? Now I am (my wife's preg) but a lot of our friends are apparently anti vax for some reason.

They tell me what's the point when they're young & healthy. There's like a 1% chance they die if they get it. & If I can catch & spread covid still while being vaxxed, why do they need to get it?

& I don't have a good refute cause that all makes sense to me. Thoughts?!

A) if you could take something that would reduce a 1 out of 100% chance of death to substantially less than that, why the **** wouldnt you? Seems like an easy win — a 1 out of 100 chance is way too high a risk for me to take as a parent to young kids.

B) you said your getting the vax because your wife is pregnant, therefore you yourself acknowledge that people’s risk patterns are asymmetrical and that its your responsibility to do what you can to help your loved ones. The extension of that is that its the job of society to do what it can to protect everyones loved ones.

C) research the measles outbreak several years back in NY. Long story short, the viral load is higher in unvaccinated people and some children got infected and died despite being vaccinated themselves because their vaccinations were overwhelmed by the high load. The same facts apply here.

Let's stick to petty insults and name-calling, please. Next time I catch calm, rational discussion in here I'll give out official warnings.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Post#310 » by Andrew McCeltic » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:02 pm

HERE IS MY TAKE:

It’s much easier, Doc, to trust expertise and *recognize* outliers when you ARE an expert, have that training, know how to assess credibility, and regularly interact with other experts you trust.

There *are* reasons for people to distrust “Big Medicine” and they have to be heard out sympathetically - we do it with people of color - who are also under-vaxxed - and it has to be done with everyone else. Like, people remember thalidomide, Tuskegee, the history of psychiatry, the Sacklers’ opioid nonsense - the suspicion is credible too, even if it’s wrong. You have to SHOW people why they should trust.
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics

Post#311 » by canman1971 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:29 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:HERE IS MY TAKE:

It’s much easier, Doc, to trust expertise and *recognize* outliers when you ARE an expert, have that training, know how to assess credibility, and regularly interact with other experts you trust.

There *are* reasons for people to distrust “Big Medicine” and they have to be heard out sympathetically - we do it with people of color - who are also under-vaxxed - and it has to be done with everyone else. Like, people remember thalidomide, Tuskegee, the history of psychiatry, the Sacklers’ opioid nonsense - the suspicion is credible too, even if it’s wrong. You have to SHOW people why they should trust.

Umm, you could look at the survival rates of those vaccinated to start versus those who aren't?
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#312 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:51 pm

Sure, those things did happen, but when you got people posting videos of Russell **** Brand, it’s kind of hard to take them seriously.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,874

Post#313 » by Curmudgeon » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:25 pm

Ask your doctor. And if you think your doctor is just a tool of big pharma, find another doctor.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#314 » by Parliament10 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:29 pm

I'm getting a Booster shot (3rd, Moderna) in November.
Don't try and stop me!!!
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#315 » by Parliament10 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:59 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Ed Pinkney
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,070

Post#316 » by Ed Pinkney » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:19 am

Does the "Follow The Money" mantra apply universally? Are you equally worried about other grotesque extremes of capitalism?

- PAC's?
- The fossil fuel industry?
- The defense and weapons manufacturing industry?
- Gun lobbyists?
- Tax exempt mega-churches?
- For profit healthcare?
- For profit jails/prisons?
- Union busting?
- Stock market/finance sector?
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 9,028

Post#317 » by Bad-Thoma » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:59 am

You have to SHOW people why they should trust.

But he did, with tons and tons of information. I really respect the overall message Andrew but it doesn't fit the context of this conversation, and there is a lot of context with this being the 3rd re-up of this thread. It didn't start out as contentious as it's become, I certainly didn't start out with middle finger gifs as a response to things. There comes a point when you just need to tell a c*nt he's a c*nt.
exculpatory
RealGM

Post#318 » by exculpatory » Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:12 am

Bad-Thoma wrote:
You have to SHOW people why they should trust.

But he did, with tons and tons of information. I really respect the overall message Andrew but it doesn't fit the context of this conversation, and there is a lot of context with this being the 3rd re-up of this thread. It didn't start out as contentious as it's become, I certainly didn't start out with middle finger gifs as a response to things. There comes a point when you just need to tell a c*nt he's a c*nt.

Eloquent & 1000% correct.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#319 » by ddb » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:08 pm

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

I'm all set. no thanks. family friend of mine recently got fully vaccinated because they had a trip to Hawaii and the process was much easier if vaccinated...she's had her period EVERY DAY for MONTHS since the second dose. completely has thrown off her cycle.

and can you imagine what the actual numbers are? CDC is only sharing stuff they absolutely have to share....millions of unreported other issues from the vaccine. no question
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,934

Post#320 » by SuperDeluxe » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:13 pm

ddb wrote:https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html

This must be the first reliable piece of information you posted in 14 years. I look forward to your next reliable post in September 2035.

Return to Boston Celtics