ImageImageImage

Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Omicron & Delta Variants)

Moderators: djFan71, sully00, Froob, snowman, ParticleMan, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10

Curmudgeon
RealGM
Posts: 33,605
And1: 16,018
Joined: Jan 20, 2004
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#761 » by Curmudgeon » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:22 am

C'mon Ex. If you believe in science and actually practice it, you must be a RINO.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
exculpatory
RealGM
Posts: 11,727
And1: 7,870
Joined: Nov 10, 2008

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#762 » by exculpatory » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:54 am

Curmudgeon wrote:C'mon Ex. If you believe in science and actually practice it, you must be a RINO.


I am by the issue, Curm.

My core issues are to the right.

On Covid, I am behind Biden’s efforts 10000000000%.
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
cl2117
Head Coach
Posts: 7,253
And1: 5,489
Joined: Jun 14, 2013
 

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#763 » by cl2117 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:24 am

La Flame wrote:France and Germany follow other European countries restricting moderna use in under 30 year olds. I thought the governments said you have to get it and its super safe. Why are they not allowing it anymore? I thought it was researched and tested? Safe and effective, you only might get a "rare" myocarditis issue, no biggie.

Being fat and unhealthy has more to do with dying from covid than this vaccine that doesn't work for ****.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/major-vaccine-fact-checker-funded-by-group-headed-by-former-cdc-director-with-1-9b-in-jj-stock/

Restricting use because Moderna has a 0.01% chance of causing, easily treatable, mild heart inflammation compared to the 0.0047% chance with the Pfizer for Men under 30. For women under 30 it's 0.003% chance with Moderna and 0.001% with the others.

If you're too stupid to understand the articles you're reading, feel free to ask for help. I'm sure you can find people smarter than you very easily. Just ask around....
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
User avatar
La Flame
Rookie
Posts: 1,191
And1: 1,743
Joined: Jun 21, 2017
 

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#764 » by La Flame » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:44 pm

cl2117 wrote:
La Flame wrote:France and Germany follow other European countries restricting moderna use in under 30 year olds. I thought the governments said you have to get it and its super safe. Why are they not allowing it anymore? I thought it was researched and tested? Safe and effective, you only might get a "rare" myocarditis issue, no biggie.

Being fat and unhealthy has more to do with dying from covid than this vaccine that doesn't work for ****.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/major-vaccine-fact-checker-funded-by-group-headed-by-former-cdc-director-with-1-9b-in-jj-stock/

Restricting use because Moderna has a 0.01% chance of causing, easily treatable, mild heart inflammation compared to the 0.0047% chance with the Pfizer for Men under 30. For women under 30 it's 0.003% chance with Moderna and 0.001% with the others.

If you're too stupid to understand the articles you're reading, feel free to ask for help. I'm sure you can find people smarter than you very easily. Just ask around....


Yeah lets see how mild and easily treatable it is when you get it, smart boy. Better shoot up your 5 year old kids too if you have any, just to see what happens.
cl2117
Head Coach
Posts: 7,253
And1: 5,489
Joined: Jun 14, 2013
 

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#765 » by cl2117 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:25 pm

La Flame wrote:
cl2117 wrote:
La Flame wrote:France and Germany follow other European countries restricting moderna use in under 30 year olds. I thought the governments said you have to get it and its super safe. Why are they not allowing it anymore? I thought it was researched and tested? Safe and effective, you only might get a "rare" myocarditis issue, no biggie.

Being fat and unhealthy has more to do with dying from covid than this vaccine that doesn't work for ****.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/major-vaccine-fact-checker-funded-by-group-headed-by-former-cdc-director-with-1-9b-in-jj-stock/

Restricting use because Moderna has a 0.01% chance of causing, easily treatable, mild heart inflammation compared to the 0.0047% chance with the Pfizer for Men under 30. For women under 30 it's 0.003% chance with Moderna and 0.001% with the others.

If you're too stupid to understand the articles you're reading, feel free to ask for help. I'm sure you can find people smarter than you very easily. Just ask around....


Yeah lets see how mild and easily treatable it is when you get it, smart boy. Better shoot up your 5 year old kids too if you have any, just to see what happens.

You risk the same kind of inflamation every time you get the cold/flu etc. In fact you are at greater risk of getting myocarditis or pericarditis from having COVID than you would be from getting the Moderna vaccine (about 10x more likely in fact). So in reality you're actually decreasing your risk by taking the vaccine given the prevalence and transmissibility of COVID.

You read an article, or at least pretended to, didn't understand it and then tried to fit it into your stupid nonsensical anti-vax argument.

Shut up until you actually know something.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
User avatar
La Flame
Rookie
Posts: 1,191
And1: 1,743
Joined: Jun 21, 2017
 

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#766 » by La Flame » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:03 pm

cl2117 wrote:
La Flame wrote:
cl2117 wrote:Restricting use because Moderna has a 0.01% chance of causing, easily treatable, mild heart inflammation compared to the 0.0047% chance with the Pfizer for Men under 30. For women under 30 it's 0.003% chance with Moderna and 0.001% with the others.

If you're too stupid to understand the articles you're reading, feel free to ask for help. I'm sure you can find people smarter than you very easily. Just ask around....


Yeah lets see how mild and easily treatable it is when you get it, smart boy. Better shoot up your 5 year old kids too if you have any, just to see what happens.

You risk the same kind of inflamation every time you get the cold/flu etc. In fact you are at greater risk of getting myocarditis or pericarditis from having COVID than you would be from getting the Moderna vaccine (about 10x more likely in fact). So in reality you're actually decreasing your risk by taking the vaccine given the prevalence and transmissibility of COVID.

You read an article, or at least pretended to, didn't understand it and then tried to fit it into your stupid nonsensical anti-vax argument.

Shut up until you actually know something.


You don't get such case of myocarditis, bells palsy, and lots more serious, life-changing injuries from flu man.
This isn't about just one article, if you think it's fine for governments to coerce people into an unsafe procedure, saying it is tested, safe and completely effective then many millions of people take it, and in 6 months they say oh wait, actually this vaccine isn't that safe after all. Don't take this one anymore. Not to mention it isn't even effective in 4-5 months.

Literal governments who coerced its people to take it, after couple of months said this one might be actually dangerous for you. And we are already talking about 4 shots in under a year. You really don't see anything wrong here?
You gonna feel good if such news come out for Pfizer and you develop heart issues and can't go running anymore? And you won't get any support either, since nobody is even liable lol. You're gonna change your tune then, if god forbid that would happen. But **** those people who got vaxxed and got seriously ill, that's just a rare coincidence or they were prolly antivaxxers, thats what the CNN and Fox said right?

Super small chance even though facebook groups of 200k+ people sharing their vaccine side effects get removed. Surely all tinfoilers spreading conspiracies, not regular joes and moms who trusted the government, did "their part" and ended up injured for life. That's dangerous misinformation that needs to be wiped from the internet.

Who's to say more serious side effects don't become apparent in 3-5 even 10 years, if it hasn't even been a year yet and they are already finding out such serious side effects.
So kindly, I don't know what your stance on the mandates are, but if you support it you're a nazi like dr mengele over here. I literally haven't seen a more hateful person on the internet in a while.

Everyone must have free choice of their body. There's no if, ands or buts about it. If you allow and support that right to be taken from you by people who clearly don't have your best interest in mind, you're off the rails buddy.
There are literally worse crises around the world and have been for decades, where's the collective effort and media bombardment of world hunger? Can't believe people still trust and worship these proven to be corrupt organizations and politicians. I'm out and wish everyone of you health and happiness. Celtics gonna win the east too, I feel it.
cl2117
Head Coach
Posts: 7,253
And1: 5,489
Joined: Jun 14, 2013
 

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#767 » by cl2117 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:12 pm

La Flame wrote:
cl2117 wrote:
La Flame wrote:
Yeah lets see how mild and easily treatable it is when you get it, smart boy. Better shoot up your 5 year old kids too if you have any, just to see what happens.

You risk the same kind of inflamation every time you get the cold/flu etc. In fact you are at greater risk of getting myocarditis or pericarditis from having COVID than you would be from getting the Moderna vaccine (about 10x more likely in fact). So in reality you're actually decreasing your risk by taking the vaccine given the prevalence and transmissibility of COVID.

You read an article, or at least pretended to, didn't understand it and then tried to fit it into your stupid nonsensical anti-vax argument.

Shut up until you actually know something.


You don't get such case of myocarditis, bells palsy, and lots more serious, life-changing injuries from flu man.
This isn't about just one article, if you think it's fine for governments to coerce people into an unsafe procedure, saying it is tested, safe and completely effective then many millions of people take it, and in 6 months they say oh wait, actually this vaccine isn't that safe after all. Don't take this one anymore. Not to mention it isn't even effective in 4-5 months.

Literal governments who coerced its people to take it, after couple of months said this one might be actually dangerous for you. And we are already talking about 4 shots in under a year. You really don't see anything wrong here?
You gonna feel good if such news come out for Pfizer and you develop heart issues and can't go running anymore? And you won't get any support either, since nobody is even liable lol. You're gonna change your tune then, if god forbid that would happen. But **** those people who got vaxxed and got seriously ill, that's just a rare coincidence or they were prolly antivaxxers, thats what the CNN and Fox said right?

Super small chance even though facebook groups of 200k+ people sharing their vaccine side effects get removed. Surely all tinfoilers spreading conspiracies, not regular joes and moms who trusted the government, did "their part" and ended up injured for life. That's dangerous misinformation that needs to be wiped from the internet.

Who's to say more serious side effects don't become apparent in 3-5 even 10 years, if it hasn't even been a year yet and they are already finding out such serious side effects.
So kindly, I don't know what your stance on the mandates are, but if you support it you're a nazi like dr mengele over here. I literally haven't seen a more hateful person on the internet in a while.

Everyone must have free choice of their body. There's no if, ands or buts about it. If you allow and support that right to be taken from you by people who clearly don't have your best interest in mind, you're off the rails buddy.
There are literally worse crises around the world and have been for decades, where's the collective effort and media bombardment of world hunger? Can't believe people still trust and worship these proven to be corrupt organizations and politicians. I'm out and wish everyone of you health and happiness. Celtics gonna win the east too, I feel it.

None of what you've said is true. Literally none of it. If any of it is, please feel free to cite any accredited medical article. You can't/won't because it's all bull and you are indeed a dumb tinfoil hat wearing ****.

Shut the **** up. You are making everyone dumber for even attempting to sound smart. People are dying. Just shut the **** up.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
Posts: 19,940
And1: 6,640
Joined: Jun 18, 2004
 

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#768 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:19 am

All I get from the vaccine haters: arrogance, stubbornness, and paranoia. Anyone who has a reasonable argument for refusing vaccination I’ll respect. I think it’s wrong, but I respect it. Jonathan Isaac had a reasonable argument. Kyrie didn’t. None of you do.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
Posts: 19,940
And1: 6,640
Joined: Jun 18, 2004
 

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#769 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:24 pm

Booster shot in an hour - will let you know if my balls get any bigger. And looking forward to better 5G reception on my new phone
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
Posts: 19,940
And1: 6,640
Joined: Jun 18, 2004
 

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#770 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:26 pm

Just getting it bc I couldn’t find a doctor to give me an untested off-label medicine I heard about from my wife’s cousin’s neighbor’s kid, who heard from a doctor telling him the truth Big Pharma doesn’t want you to hear. smh
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
Posts: 19,940
And1: 6,640
Joined: Jun 18, 2004
 

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#771 » by Andrew McCeltic » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:21 pm

RealGM family, I won’t lie, minor miracle - my balls are normal but the third jab, unreal, my d*ck’s already an inch bigger. + more girth! Those stem cells they put in to lower your sperm count, don’t think they’re working like they were designed to
User avatar
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 20,960
And1: 15,277
Joined: Feb 23, 2003
Location: Celtic Nation
   

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#772 » by SuperDeluxe » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:58 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:RealGM family, I won’t lie, minor miracle - my balls are normal but the third jab, unreal, my d*ck’s already an inch bigger. + more girth! Those stem cells they put in to lower your sperm count, don’t think they’re working like they were designed to

The uneducated crowd will somehow find a way to spin this miracle in a negative way.
User avatar
coach mang
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,337
And1: 1,328
Joined: Mar 28, 2003
Location: Trampa, FL

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#773 » by coach mang » Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:49 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Just checking in on the braintrust who think the rich and powerful would tolerate the massive economic losses and debt of the pandemic just to marginally enrich vaccine manufacturers.

The minority of companies thriving are actually making money because of the pandemic - people go out less and spend more on Amazon orders - which means they don’t want you to get vaccinated! Because you’d go back to buying dinners out and cruises.

So the pandemic/unvaccination is bad business for most people, and the ones it’s good business for are better off if people stay unvaccinated and keep dying! Follow all the money.


this is a good question

here is a concise, fairly mainstream view as to how it went down for the rich and powerful

https://www.newsweek.com/were-living-through-greatest-transfer-wealth-middle-class-elites-history-opinion-1641614

u can decide if this makes sense to u pilgrim



Image
User avatar
jmr07019
Head Coach
Posts: 7,023
And1: 5,929
Joined: Oct 29, 2009
       

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#774 » by jmr07019 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:57 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:So the pandemic/unvaccination is bad business for most people, and the ones it’s good business for are better off if people stay unvaccinated and keep dying! Follow all the money.


The unvaccinated do not want things to stay shut down. It is a complete rejection of the MSM narrative. We want the country open and mandates dropped. We are not scared of Covid. We would rather take our chances with covid vs. giving the government more power. From my point of view it is the left hand wringing about the unvaccinated that is keeping everything shut down. Trust your vaccine and let's move on.

On the topic of following the money.... is it any surprises shows sponsored by pfizer endorse people buying pfizer products?

Show Love Spread Love
User avatar
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
Posts: 6,153
And1: 6,643
Joined: Feb 22, 2006
Location: Still riding proud on the C's bandwagon

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#775 » by Bad-Thoma » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:52 pm

jmr07019 wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:So the pandemic/unvaccination is bad business for most people, and the ones it’s good business for are better off if people stay unvaccinated and keep dying! Follow all the money.


The unvaccinated do not want things to stay shut down. It is a complete rejection of the MSM narrative. We want the country open and mandates dropped. We are not scared of Covid. We would rather take our chances with covid vs. giving the government more power. From my point of view it is the left hand wringing about the unvaccinated that is keeping everything shut down. Trust your vaccine and let's move on.

On the topic of following the money.... is it any surprises shows sponsored by pfizer endorse people buying pfizer products?



https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/turning-point-usa/
User avatar
jmr07019
Head Coach
Posts: 7,023
And1: 5,929
Joined: Oct 29, 2009
       

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#776 » by jmr07019 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:19 pm

Bad-Thoma wrote:
jmr07019 wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:So the pandemic/unvaccination is bad business for most people, and the ones it’s good business for are better off if people stay unvaccinated and keep dying! Follow all the money.


The unvaccinated do not want things to stay shut down. It is a complete rejection of the MSM narrative. We want the country open and mandates dropped. We are not scared of Covid. We would rather take our chances with covid vs. giving the government more power. From my point of view it is the left hand wringing about the unvaccinated that is keeping everything shut down. Trust your vaccine and let's move on.

On the topic of following the money.... is it any surprises shows sponsored by pfizer endorse people buying pfizer products?



https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/turning-point-usa/


This has nothing to do with turning point usa it's a compilation of clips from tv.
Show Love Spread Love
cl2117
Head Coach
Posts: 7,253
And1: 5,489
Joined: Jun 14, 2013
 

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#777 » by cl2117 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:03 pm

jmr07019 wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:So the pandemic/unvaccination is bad business for most people, and the ones it’s good business for are better off if people stay unvaccinated and keep dying! Follow all the money.


The unvaccinated do not want things to stay shut down. It is a complete rejection of the MSM narrative. We want the country open and mandates dropped. We are not scared of Covid. We would rather take our chances with covid vs. giving the government more power. From my point of view it is the left hand wringing about the unvaccinated that is keeping everything shut down. Trust your vaccine and let's move on.

On the topic of following the money.... is it any surprises shows sponsored by pfizer endorse people buying pfizer products?


It's not the left's hand wringing, it's the fact that over 5,000,000 people have died worldwide. Over 750,000 in the USA. It's not some boogeyman, it's a real disease killing real people. Do you not get that?

It's not a left vs. right thing. It's **** science. No one wants things shut down. This is just what happens when people refuse to behave responsibly.

And stop with the "trust your vaccine" ****. That's not how it works. For the love of god at least understand that.

750,000 people in the US. That's over 250x the people who died in 9/11. It's a global **** holocaust.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
fallguy
Analyst
Posts: 3,629
And1: 5,510
Joined: Jun 12, 2009

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#778 » by fallguy » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:39 am

truth18 wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:Still sounds like a flu to me. Just dress warm and you're golden.


How does it feel to watch your forum die and become a bunch of antivaxxers talking in a circle?

Still.

Here.


Hey can I get in on the discord?
Mr Loggins
Analyst
Posts: 3,707
And1: 2,143
Joined: Jul 22, 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#779 » by Mr Loggins » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:08 pm

La Flame wrote:
Being fat and unhealthy has more to do with dying from covid than this vaccine that doesn't work for ****.



My personal experience (pulmonary/critical care physician) is that right now it’s the unvaccinated that are primarily taking up hospital beds. I work on a level I trauma center (non ecmo) and we track vaccination status. Right now about 85% of our covid cases are unvaccinated. Vaccination isn’t a brick wall, but it certainly improves your odds greatly.
StojkoVrankovic
RealGM
Posts: 10,197
And1: 8,669
Joined: Nov 29, 2011
 

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#780 » by StojkoVrankovic » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:25 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:
exculpatory wrote:Lots of stuff going on.
I have mostly dropped out from providing my originally sourced expert insights (w links) because of the truly nauseating, ignorant & despicable comments of our local contingent of anti-VAX anti-mask MORONS - one or two of whom randomly cite dimwitted docs on the fringe in garbage journals.
HI-LITES:
It is now literally unquestionable that vaccinated immunity >>>>> natural immunity and if you survive the illness & then get VAX, you are BETTER protected than the never infected but vaccinated.
Pills containing protease inhibitors by Pfizer & Merck will be game changes - WHICH NOT FOR A SECOND MEANS YOU SHOULD NOT GET VAXXED.
EVERYONE SHOULD BE BOOSTED - consequent to definite waning of effect & the highly transmissible Delta.
THERE IS A SURGE IN Europe right now. Every surge we have had in the USA has been preceded by a surge in Europe. BEWARE!
It is awesome that age 5-11 are eligible to be vaxxed now. I think that 6 months to 4 will be approved just after the New Year.
The UNVAXXED (including Aaron Rodgers) are despicable idiots & ICU beds are still being maxed out in a significant number of places PRIMARILY by the UNVAXXED leaving no room for the non-Covid critically ill.

PS I refuse to read even the basketball posts of our anti-vax ignorant/selfish contingent.


you seem unhinged. Maybe step away? I get it, parroting msm talking points is your jam, but the insults and ALL caps is a bit too much no?

we didn't need confirmation that you're a moron, but thanks anyway
RIP texas celtic, 12/10/14 - 12/10/14

Return to Boston Celtics