ImageImageImage

Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Omicron & Delta Variants)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,235

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Delta Variant) 

Post#881 » by djFan71 » Wed Dec 1, 2021 4:44 am

Bill Bradley wrote:
Bad-Thoma wrote:
Bill Bradley wrote:Mods complicit in bullying here while allowing ableist slurs left and right. But I guess it’s all in the name of good health, right?

It was said early on that this is a contentious subject and that mods were going to kind of let anything go. So in that spirit: if you don't like it gtfo snowflake.

I know that was said but it’s ridiculous to say it’s okay to bully and name call because it’s a contentious subject. The fact that this needs to be said shows how off the rails some have gone. This is mirroring what’s going on in the larger society and all it does is create division.

We’re not condoning bullying, and it would be great if this thread could be free of all of the name calling, etc. But, it’s nigh impossible for any person to govern this thread fairly. All of us bring bias to it and would unintentionally restrict one side more than the other.

You can say, yeah, but just prevent the really bad stuff. But where do we draw the line? And, just as importantly, we don’t have time, expertise or desire to police this stuff.

And… most of us have retired and nobody has stepped up to replace us. Lots have been asked and declined. If you are interested, pm me and we can get the ball rolling on you becoming a mod. Fresh blood would be more than welcome and you can help clean this place up if you want.
exculpatory
RealGM
And1: 11,019

Re: Coronavirus/COVID-19, Thread 3 (Omicron & Delta Variants) 

Post#882 » by exculpatory » Wed Dec 1, 2021 5:54 am

DJ

This is the most important off topic thread that I have seen here in the last 17 years.
This is a once in a lifetime pandemic which will have resulted in 1 million dead Americans by the end of winter.
It has been my pleasure to provide my medical expertise & insight supported by innumerable citations from the best publications out there - because I know that many on our board appreciate my time & effort.
There is NO debate here whatsoever. It is true medical science VS malignant & dangerous disinformation/willful ignorance/astounding stupidity espoused by a few.
The anti-vaccination anti-masking people on this board & around the country are indeed propagating a pandemic Holocaust. Period. The end. Absolute fact.
My many sincere attempts in the earlier iterations of this thread to explain the true science contained NO insults.
Of late, I have violated the TOS multiple times because my utter disgust & contempt for those posting irresponsible & dangerous trash has reached a boiling point. A huge number of my medical colleagues have the same disdain for these selfish & ignorant dirtbags.
I have blocked our small group of dangerous morons, but I still see their putrid garbage when other people respond to them.
I would like to continue to intermittently provide my expertise for the large number here who appreciate it, but I am fed up with feeling the need to verbally decapitate these morons.
So I may have to stop.
And that would be a very significant loss for this thread & this board.

https://apple.news/AK8EWjWNZQ3mmPFTdVxG-uA
SamIam 2010: Truth's ability to play so incredibly efficiently is so UNDERAPPRECIATED. Bballcool 2012: Amazing how great Pierce has been for so long. Continues to defy age! KG 2013: P is original Celtic. Wherever he goes, we go. This is The Truth's house.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,235

Post#883 » by djFan71 » Wed Dec 1, 2021 6:18 am

Spoiler:
exculpatory wrote:DJ

This is the most important off topic thread that I have seen here in the last 17 years.
This is a once in a lifetime pandemic which will have resulted in 1 million dead Americans by the end of winter.
It has been my pleasure to provide my medical expertise & insight supported by innumerable citations from the best publications out there - because I know that many on our board appreciate my time & effort.
There is NO debate here whatsoever. It is true medical science VS malignant & dangerous disinformation/willful ignorance/astounding stupidity espoused by a few.
The anti-vaccination anti-masking people on this board & around the country are indeed propagating a pandemic Holocaust. Period. The end. Absolute fact.
My many sincere attempts in the earlier iterations of this thread to explain the true science contained NO insults.
Of late, I have violated the TOS multiple times because my utter disgust & contempt for those posting irresponsible & dangerous trash has reached a boiling point. A huge number of my medical colleagues have the same disdain for these selfish & ignorant dirtbags.
I have blocked our small group of dangerous morons, but I still see their putrid garbage when other people respond to them.
I would like to continue to intermittently provide my expertise for the large number here who appreciate it, but I am fed up with feeling the need to verbally decapitate these morons.
So I may have to stop.
And that would be a very significant loss for this thread & this board.

Absolutely, I've said it many times, but it bears repeating - I appreciate all the information you bring to the thread. I know there are plenty or posters that only read and stay out of commenting that appreciate seeing it as well.

I was just trying to explain our no-modding policy. I think the benefits of having the thread far outweigh any contention that exists in it. And I have no desire to take on the burden of policing it - everyone knows what they're getting into. If mean words on a message board scare anyone more than a pandemic... Well...
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,685

Post#884 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Dec 1, 2021 10:49 am

Read on Twitter
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,996

Post#885 » by cl2117 » Wed Dec 1, 2021 12:29 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Thank you, absolutely. Apology? I don't see why.

I appreciate they feel like they're being punished for finding and reporting the new variant, but this is just good governance. We've seen the issues caused earlier on by being late to act. It only makes sense to try and quickly contain potentially dangerous outbreaks as and when they crop up.

I think developed nations owe everyone an apology for not working together to create vaccine programs that'd be able to provide vaccines to the entire world efficiently instead of focusing on protecting their own population first, which in turn allows these kinds of potentially dangerous mutations to take place and negate some of the good work already done.

It's unfortunate that South Africa along with the other African nations that are ending up on "red lists" are going to suffer because of this new strain/outbreak, but I don't see a better alternative to reducing travel in and out of them until we've got more information on how to proceed next.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,974

Post#886 » by sam_I_am » Wed Dec 1, 2021 2:03 pm

Sad story about family of 4 in Salem MA who all have Covid. Unvaccinated father and 12 yo on ventilators. Vacccinated mother and 14 yo at home asking for our prayers. Just get vaccinated, please.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#887 » by ddb » Wed Dec 1, 2021 2:47 pm

celtics543 wrote:
ddb wrote:Take the jab and you will be fine. Just the two jabs and you are golden. You know what. You may need the booster too. We forgot to mention that we intend on you taking shots over and over forever. And you will be pot committed so when we blame everything on unvaccinated people you will believe us. There will be breakthrough cases. All we need to do is Segregate and blame those who aren’t complying. The vaccinated even if they doubt the process will continue to follow. And we will make it difficult for unvaccinated people so that more will comply. We will tell everyone to blame the science even though the bull we have been spewing makes little to zero sense. All we need to do is say it’s science.
Variants upon variants. Easy to manipulate death celts throughout this to make it seem this is a serious killer even though for the majority of the population you will most definitely die from something else. Maybe even the jab itself.
Cases you ask? Easy. Let’s mass distribute faulty tests that produce false positives regularly. Easy to fear monger when there are cases. I mean most people don’t realize that based on seasons and other elements there is already 2 virus spikes per year. This time it’ll just be covid though. We will brand everything as covid. We will give a little leash then when we need to create more fear and gain more control we can pull them right back in like little zombie robots.

Wake up you idiots

So what's the end game? What is gained by getting people to get vaccines? What are they creating fear for? Former president Trump has been vaccinated as has current president Biden so it feels like the vaccine shouldn't be political but somehow it is. I just don't get what you think the end game is supposed to be? Up in Maine basically everything is open and mask wearing is up to the person everywhere except at school where kids and faculty have to mask. What I know is that I get several colds a year during a normal year and since we started masking I haven't gotten a single cold so it clearly works on some level.

I'm sure you have a reason for believing what you do and I'm not even going to say it's crazy or impossible because if life (and KG) has taught us anything it's that anything is possible.

My concern though is that for what you're saying to be true it would require the cooperation of so many people that it would be impossible. The Kennedy assassination being a conspiracy really only requires the cooperation of a few people. Watergate only took a few people being quiet to cover up for a while. A worldwide COVID conspiracy would require the cooperation of EVERY SINGLE country in the world, every doctor, every scientist, and every politician. Some experts have disagreed on best practices of dealing with it but not many have denied that variants exist or that it's killed a large number of people.

A **** ton of money and power to the elites...the destruction of the middle class. medical chips & vaccine passports. new Gov't will have complete control over the majority of the population globally. I mean the United Nations has the 2030 agenda right there for anyone to read... It's a nice spin/way of laying things out.....Don't buy in.

The only way to stop is to not comply. Fight/protest back.

I'm not some guy that's completely against vaccines....Okay, maybe sorta. But I've been vaccinated by whole life. a covid vaccine I will not take, but that's my personal choice as it should be. eliminating unvaccinated people from every day life is the problem....it isn't necessarily specific to someone who doesn't want to take a vaccine. It's more of an attack on someone in society that will not comply to new orders. Taking away freedoms and making it difficult for someone to live their life, work, etc is communism. It's also a desperation play attempting to FORCE people into doing something they don't want to do.

one thing that covid is taught us all is that there are millions upon millions of people that are willingly handing over freedoms. Call me what you want, it doesn't bother me. But let's all view things beyond the first layer. This isn't about your safety. This isn't about your neighbors safety. There are millions of examples of the vaccine not doing what they said the vaccine will do.
our first clue should have been when American democrats publicly stressed that people should not take a vaccine that was rushed through by Donald Trump. Only to completely flip the script as soon as they were sworn into office. flip the script and then make mandates and other unconstitutional decisions their very first priority.

Globally, everything starts and ends with America. So when you say to me, "well this is a global pandemic and a global issue. it isn't political. your narrative makes no sense..." Ummmmm America is the free world. the United Nations and the rest of the world cannot usher anything new in without America first. That's why it was absolutely mandatory that they do everything in power to get Trump out of office....a massive coop to get him out. he was exposing too much. Is he tied in to big Pharma? absolutely...most politicians and powerful business folks are... How else is someone like Nancy Pelosi who makes a salary of under 200k worth over 200million. That's just one of many.

DeSantis and others are still fighting for America and the middle class and for freedom. For the last century the middle class has been the backbone of the free world. Politics don't really matter one way or another to the 1%. the poor always go with whoever gives the most handouts. and usually the poor are the least educated (unfortunately)....so the easiest to sway. Hey, we'll hand out checks.....all you need to do is comply. and believe me....it won't be long until the Biden administration has another round of checks going out....only this time you will need to have proof of vaccination status to receive.

people need to understand that this was never about a virus with a 99.9% survival rate.... is it dangerous for old people? for some, yes...because it's a manufactured SARS-cov-2 that they haven't been exposed to before....coronavirus' have been around for a long time...but anyway, you DO NOT shut down the world, mandate vaccines (especially to medical professionals) during an actual pandemic. It's all optics. It's all part of a much larger plan. Masks? optics. Wearing a mask into a restaurant only to take it off as soon as you sit down tells you all you need to know. Biden wearing a mask to the podium only to take it right off to turn around and talk to folks around him....it's all theater.

So I stress that if you want to keep being vaccinated....by all means go right ahead. But please don't go along with supporting mass mandates, and fake narratives that it's the unvaccinated creating all the issues. it's not. It COULD be the complete opposite. this is the same formula used against Jewish people back during Nazi Germany. it took years of propaganda and fake news to turn a large percentage of that population into believing that it was the Jews spreading illness, etc, etc.
This is at an even larger scale with even more powerful people behind it. Even locally in our country there are people like George Soros pulling the strings. Look up his history if you haven't already. and not the first article you read on google. And they are coming for your guns too. with strict gun laws it'll make it easier to take away peoples guns.....which by the way, our country would revolt before this happens, but I digress.

Even the folks on this board that are bashing me. All they're doing is shoving down articles and "facts" from top medical boards who are completely paid for and bought by the powers that be. buying right in to the segregation of completely normal citizens.
ddb
RealGM

Post#888 » by ddb » Wed Dec 1, 2021 2:53 pm

sam_I_am wrote:Sad story about family of 4 in Salem MA who all have Covid. Unvaccinated father and 12 yo on ventilators. Vacccinated mother and 14 yo at home asking for our prayers. Just get vaccinated, please.

ventilators are a death sentence. very sad. Ivermectin, zinc, Vitamin D....that would have taken care of it
ddb
RealGM

Post#889 » by ddb » Wed Dec 1, 2021 3:00 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
ddb wrote:Take the jab and you will be fine. Just the two jabs and you are golden. You know what. You may need the booster too. We forgot to mention that we intend on you taking shots over and over forever. And you will be pot committed so when we blame everything on unvaccinated people you will believe us. There will be breakthrough cases. All we need to do is Segregate and blame those who aren’t complying. The vaccinated even if they doubt the process will continue to follow. And we will make it difficult for unvaccinated people so that more will comply. We will tell everyone to blame the science even though the bull we have been spewing makes little to zero sense. All we need to do is say it’s science.
Variants upon variants. Easy to manipulate death celts throughout this to make it seem this is a serious killer even though for the majority of the population you will most definitely die from something else. Maybe even the jab itself.
Cases you ask? Easy. Let’s mass distribute faulty tests that produce false positives regularly. Easy to fear monger when there are cases. I mean most people don’t realize that based on seasons and other elements there is already 2 virus spikes per year. This time it’ll just be covid though. We will brand everything as covid. We will give a little leash then when we need to create more fear and gain more control we can pull them right back in like little zombie robots.

Wake up you idiots

Oooooof this post sucks.....never thought I’d say this but please go back to making up insider news and bullshitting like you have scoops and are informed. you may have been full of **** when you did that but it was still better than this.

making up insider news. glad you think that. I honestly could care less what you think. I do not need to defend myself here or prove myself either. I worked in the league for a handful of years. I know hundreds of folks that have either played, coached, or performed front office duties. I can pick up the phone right now and dial in and pick one of their brains about NBA whispers and gossip. What do you want me to say? We live in the world of Woj & Shams....those guys break news faster than anyone. It's a different world we live in now VS 06-12 when I was involved.
I've had lunch with Sam Presti & Rob Henigan. I know the Parkers....The Diaw's. And I used to have a Celtics insider who is no longer with the organization. just a few examples of many.

has nothing to do with covid either. but nice try trying to make yourself look "cool" to fellow posters.
ddb
RealGM

Post#890 » by ddb » Wed Dec 1, 2021 3:13 pm

Omicron is also a variant with very mild symptoms so millions of people will end up with the antibodies without the sickness. Gov't & Big Pharma gonna start pushing the vaccine HARD again. So they can use the narrative that it's the vaccine helping. Info from the Dr that first discovered Omicron BTW
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,412

Post#891 » by Captain_Caveman » Wed Dec 1, 2021 3:18 pm

ddb wrote:
celtics543 wrote:

Wake up you idiots

So what's the end game? What is gained by getting people to get vaccines? What are they creating fear for? Former president Trump has been vaccinated as has current president Biden so it feels like the vaccine shouldn't be political but somehow it is. I just don't get what you think the end game is supposed to be? Up in Maine basically everything is open and mask wearing is up to the person everywhere except at school where kids and faculty have to mask. What I know is that I get several colds a year during a normal year and since we started masking I haven't gotten a single cold so it clearly works on some level.

I'm sure you have a reason for believing what you do and I'm not even going to say it's crazy or impossible because if life (and KG) has taught us anything it's that anything is possible.

My concern though is that for what you're saying to be true it would require the cooperation of so many people that it would be impossible. The Kennedy assassination being a conspiracy really only requires the cooperation of a few people. Watergate only took a few people being quiet to cover up for a while. A worldwide COVID conspiracy would require the cooperation of EVERY SINGLE country in the world, every doctor, every scientist, and every politician. Some experts have disagreed on best practices of dealing with it but not many have denied that variants exist or that it's killed a large number of people.

A **** ton of money and power to the elites...the destruction of the middle class. medical chips & vaccine passports. new Gov't will have complete control over the majority of the population globally. I mean the United Nations has the 2030 agenda right there for anyone to read... It's a nice spin/way of laying things out.....Don't buy in.

I'm not some guy that's completely against vaccines....Okay, maybe sorta. But I've been vaccinated by whole life. a covid vaccine I will not take, but that's my personal choice as it should be. eliminating unvaccinated people from every day life is the problem....it isn't necessarily specific to someone who doesn't want to take a vaccine. It's more of an attack on someone in society that will not comply to new orders. Taking away freedoms and making it difficult for someone to live their life, work, etc is communism. It's also a desperation play attempting to FORCE people into doing something they don't want to do.

one thing that covid is taught us all is that there are millions upon millions of people that are willingly handing over freedoms. Call me what you want, it doesn't bother me. But let's all view things beyond the first layer. This isn't about your safety. This isn't about your neighbors safety. There are millions of examples of the vaccine not doing what they said the vaccine will do.
our first clue should have been when American democrats publicly stressed that people should not take a vaccine that was rushed through by Donald Trump. Only to completely flip the script as soon as they were sworn into office. flip the script and then make mandates and other unconstitutional decisions their very first priority.

Globally, everything starts and ends with America. So when you say to me, "well this is a global pandemic and a global issue. it isn't political. your narrative makes no sense..." Ummmmm America is the free world. the United Nations and the rest of the world cannot usher anything new in without America first. That's why it was absolutely mandatory that they do everything in power to get Trump out of office....a massive coop to get him out. he was exposing too much. Is he tied in to big Pharma? absolutely...most politicians and powerful business folks are... How else is someone like Nancy Pelosi who makes a salary of under 200k worth over 200million. That's just one of many.

DeSantis and others are still fighting for America and the middle class and for freedom. For the last century the middle class has been the backbone of the free world. Politics don't really matter one way or another to the 1%. the poor always go with whoever gives the most handouts. and usually the poor are the least educated (unfortunately)....so the easiest to sway. Hey, we'll hand out checks.....all you need to do is comply. and believe me....it won't be long until the Biden administration has another round of checks going out....only this time you will need to have proof of vaccination status to receive.

people need to understand that this was never about a virus with a 99.9% survival rate.... is it dangerous for old people? for some, yes...because it's a manufactured SARS-cov-2 that they haven't been exposed to before....coronavirus' have been around for a long time...but anyway, you DO NOT shut down the world, mandate vaccines (especially to medical professionals) during an actual pandemic. It's all optics. It's all part of a much larger plan. Masks? optics. Wearing a mask into a restaurant only to take it off as soon as you sit down tells you all you need to know. Biden wearing a mask to the podium only to take it right off to turn around and talk to folks around him....it's all theater.

So I stress that if you want to keep being vaccinated....by all means go right ahead. But please don't go along with supporting mass mandates, and fake narratives that it's the unvaccinated creating all the issues. it's not. It COULD be the complete opposite. this is the same formula used against Jewish people back during Nazi Germany. it took years of propaganda and fake news to turn a large percentage of that population into believing that it was the Jews spreading illness, etc, etc.
This is at an even larger scale with even more powerful people behind it. Even locally in our country there are people like George Soros pulling the strings. Look up his history if you haven't already. and not the first article you read on google. And they are coming for your guns too. with strict gun laws it'll make it easier to take away peoples guns.....which by the way, our country would revolt before this happens, but I digress.

Even the folks on this board that are bashing me. All they're doing is shoving down articles and "facts" from top medical boards who are completely paid for and bought by the powers that be. buying right in to the segregation of completely normal citizens.

This is one of the worst things I've ever read. I feel bad for you and for anyone that has to listen to you spew this braindead drivel in real life.
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,974

Post#892 » by sam_I_am » Wed Dec 1, 2021 3:43 pm

ddb wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:Sad story about family of 4 in Salem MA who all have Covid. Unvaccinated father and 12 yo on ventilators. Vacccinated mother and 14 yo at home asking for our prayers. Just get vaccinated, please.

ventilators are a death sentence. very sad. Ivermectin, zinc, Vitamin D....that would have taken care of it

STFU. You are just spreading lies and misinformation. I blame people like you for deluding the father and child from getting a vaccine that would have spared them and their family a lot of suffering. You like to blame Big Pharma but your lies are 10x worse than what you accuse them of doing and have real consequences.
ddb
RealGM

Post#893 » by ddb » Wed Dec 1, 2021 3:49 pm

Captain_Caveman wrote:
ddb wrote:
celtics543 wrote:

This is one of the worst things I've ever read. I feel bad for you and for anyone that has to listen to you spew this braindead drivel in real life.

Thanks for reading
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,908

Post#894 » by SuperDeluxe » Wed Dec 1, 2021 3:56 pm

ddb wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
ddb wrote:

Thanks for reading

Believe me, reading your posts is a chore. It's like watching a trainwreck in slow motion, can't look away, but still a chore.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#895 » by SmartWentCrazy » Wed Dec 1, 2021 4:05 pm

ddb wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:
exculpatory wrote:
SD, please consider not responding to this despicable, dumber than rocks, mother **** moron. When you respond, I see the latest dangerous, willfully ignorant disinformation this dip **** has written.

I do not wish ANYONE illness or harm (even this sack of ****), but, as our critical care doc, Mr. Loggins (who watches mostly the unvaccinated die in his ICU every single mother **** day) posted recently, I can envision him begging for the vaccine too late when he or someone close to him is about to be intubated.

Now I must run off - because my weekly check from Pfizer AND Moderna is in my mail box.

No need to attack him. What if he gets offended and decides not to share his insider info on RealGM anymore?

you already know I'm well removed from my days of working in the league. so, yes..naturally less connected as I used to be. however, I could pick up a my cell phone a call many outlets still informed. I just don't anymore because it's such an incredibly saturated market nowadays. Not to mention twitter and other social media channels have completely transformed the way insider scoop is transmitted.
just not worth my time anymore.
also, a lot of the players I know are now ex players. lol. speaks to age as well I suppose

You didnt work in the league. You sold tickets for the Spurs.
celtics792244
Rookie
And1: 794

Post#896 » by celtics792244 » Wed Dec 1, 2021 4:21 pm

ddb wrote:
celtics543 wrote:

Wake up you idiots

Spot on!
I might add... 6 companies own 90% of all media. Control the narrative, control the 'truth'.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#897 » by SuperDeluxe » Wed Dec 1, 2021 4:29 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
ddb wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:No need to attack him. What if he gets offended and decides not to share his insider info on RealGM anymore?

you already know I'm well removed from my days of working in the league. so, yes..naturally less connected as I used to be. however, I could pick up a my cell phone a call many outlets still informed. I just don't anymore because it's such an incredibly saturated market nowadays. Not to mention twitter and other social media channels have completely transformed the way insider scoop is transmitted.
also, a lot of the players I know are now ex players. lol. speaks to age as well I suppose

I don't know if this is true but it made me laugh regardless :D
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#898 » by SmartWentCrazy » Wed Dec 1, 2021 4:35 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
ddb wrote:

Its true. He sold tickets for the Spurs, leaving in 08. He’s full of poop and always has been.
ddb
RealGM

Post#899 » by ddb » Wed Dec 1, 2021 4:39 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
ddb wrote:

at first. then was more media/community relations. nonetheless got to know many, many people across various organizations. If I was ever a **** General Manager I obviously wouldn't be on realgm you donkey
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#900 » by SuperDeluxe » Wed Dec 1, 2021 4:40 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
SuperDeluxe wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

Its true. He sold tickets for the Spurs, leaving in 08. He’s full of poop and always has been.

Can't disagree on the poop.

Return to Boston Celtics