ImageImageImage

Is there any plausible scenario in which Schroeder is an important part of the Cs' future?

Moderators: djFan71, sully00, Froob, snowman, ParticleMan, canman1971, The Comedian, Parliament10

TH15
Ballboy
And1: 68

Re: Is there any plausible scenario in which Schroeder is an important part of the Cs' future? 

Post#41 » by TH15 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:54 am

Ok, I’ve figured this out. Fans organize a massive online petition to convince some major local brand like Dunkin’ to sign Schroder to a huge sponsorship deal that’s contingent on him playing in Boston next year. The amount of goodwill this would earn that brand from this fan base would pay off big I’d think if we got like a million people who pledge to support them in the petition…. Is this covered in the cba? Lol

This would just be a stopgap until we are able sign him to a legit deal, which I think we could do a year from now but maybe I’m wrong.
Jammer
Head Coach
And1: 1,394

Re: Is there any plausible scenario in which Schroeder is an important part of the Cs' future? 

Post#42 » by Jammer » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:36 pm

TH15 wrote:Ok, I’ve figured this out. Fans organize a massive online petition to convince some major local brand like Dunkin’ to sign Schroder to a huge sponsorship deal that’s contingent on him playing in Boston next year. The amount of goodwill this would earn that brand from this fan base would pay off big I’d think if we got like a million people who pledge to support them in the petition…. Is this covered in the cba? Lol

This would just be a stopgap until we are able sign him to a legit deal, which I think we could do a year from now but maybe I’m wrong.

Nice try, but the minute the money is "team specific" I suspect that would be circumventing the salary cap per the CBA.

Return to Boston Celtics