ImageImageImage

2022 NBA Draft Thread – (June 23rd, 8PM, ESPN)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

NuckyPowell
General Manager
And1: 9,657

2022 NBA Draft Thread – (June 23rd, 8PM, ESPN) 

Post#1 » by NuckyPowell » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:18 am

This just in: Paolo Banchero is really good (watching Duke - Gonzaga). Any chance we get the first overall pick? :wink:
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,128

Re: 2022 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#2 » by Hal14 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:51 am

Paolo is a beast.

this draft has some really good talent.

wouldn't be surprised if we trade our 1st round pick again this year, though. a good veteran player would help us more than a mid 1st round pick - especially in the short term when we are in win-now mode with the Jays in their prime.

Plus, we could have 1 or even 2 rookies on the team next season even without our 1st round pick (if we bring madar and/or Begarin over). plus Hauser could be developed enough next season to sign him to a regular contract.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#3 » by GoGreen » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:22 pm

Hopefully Brad drafts better than Danny did the last few years..
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#4 » by Bleeding Green » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:41 pm

First pick is definitely on the table and I hope they do everything they can to get as high of a pick as possible. I don't think they can get much lower than the 8th lottery seed, but maybe they'll get lucky in the lottery because they certainly need it with this roster.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#5 » by BostonCouchGM » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:39 pm

GoGreen wrote:Hopefully Brad drafts better than Danny did the last few years..

Danny was overall a pretty bad drafter but he did fine last season you just don't know it because those kids never play. Though, in typical Danny fashion, even a solid draft he had to overthink things and trade away the #30 pick while some legit starting talent was still on the board. I really like Begarin and think he could be the steal of the draft but we won't know for a couple of seasons.
Hal14
RealGM

Post#6 » by Hal14 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:27 am

BostonCouchGM wrote:
GoGreen wrote:Hopefully Brad drafts better than Danny did the last few years..

Danny was overall a pretty bad drafter but he did fine last season you just don't know it because those kids never play. Though, in typical Danny fashion, even a solid draft he had to overthink things and trade away the #30 pick while some legit starting talent was still on the board. I really like Begarin and think he could be the steal of the draft but we won't know for a couple of seasons.

I think Jared Butler is gonna be the steal of the 2021 draft, but Begarin could definitely end up being the 2nd biggest steal.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#7 » by BK_2020 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:07 pm

NuckyPowell wrote:This just in: Paolo Banchero is really good (watching Duke - Gonzaga). Any chance we get the first overall pick? :wink:

I hate to say it but yes we have a pretty good chance.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,783

Post#8 » by Curmudgeon » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:45 pm

Dartmouth hasn't had an NBA player of note since Rudy LaRosso, but Brendan Barry may be the best three point shooter in college basketball.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
shotsquatch
Sixth Man
And1: 3,527

Post#9 » by shotsquatch » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:37 am

Curmudgeon wrote:Dartmouth hasn't had an NBA player of note since Rudy LaRosso, but Brendan Barry may be the best three point shooter in college basketball.

Dartmouth? Brendan Barry? Do you follow Big Green basketball? How the hell do you know about Brendan Barry lol, that is so random.
Curmudgeon
RealGM

Post#10 » by Curmudgeon » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:22 pm

I follow all Ivy league sports. Ethan Wright, the Princeton guard from Newton North, can also light it up. Princeton has already beaten South Carolina and Oregon State.

"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
shotsquatch
Sixth Man
And1: 3,527

Post#11 » by shotsquatch » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:07 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:I follow all Ivy league sports. Ethan Wright, the Princeton guard from Newton North, can also light it up. Princeton has already beaten South Carolina and Oregon State.

Surprised to see Dartmouth basketball mentioned around here :D . I used to live around that area. The team is nothing special, and the venue they play in is microscopic.

A couple years ago a senior from Cornell got picked up by the Raptors, but I don't think he ended up making the league.
Curmudgeon
RealGM

Post#12 » by Curmudgeon » Wed Dec 1, 2021 1:39 am

Two years a go, when Yale beat Washington, the best player on the floor was not Markelle Fultz. It was Yale's Miye Oni, drafted 28th by Golden State and currently shuttling between the Jazz and the Utah Stars of the G-league.

Hal14
RealGM

Post#13 » by Hal14 » Wed Dec 1, 2021 8:26 pm

In case anyone wants to do some early research of guys we could possibly draft in 2022, here's the top 30 on my big board as it stands today:

Jabari Smith
Paolo Banchero
Chet Holmgren
Jaden Ivey
Jaden Hardy
Patrick Baldwin Jr.
Kendall Brown
Jean Montero
TyTy Washington
Jalen Duren
Caleb Houstan
Daimion Collins
Moussa Diabate
Justin Lewis
Keegan Murray
Bennedict Mathurin
Roko Prkacin
Kennedy Chandler
JD Davison
Bryce McGowens
Peyton Watson
Max Christie
Caleb Love
Nikola Jovic
AJ Griffin
Ochai Agbaji
Dyson Daniels
Tristan Vukcevic
MarJon Beauchamp
Matthew Cleveland
Hugo Besson
Ousmane Dieng

It's actually 32. Too hard to cut it off at 30, as some people have Besson and Dieng going in the lottery.

If we keep our 1st round pick (I think there's a good chance we trade it again though), we should be able to get 1 of these guys..
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,488

Post#14 » by Kalela » Wed Dec 1, 2021 10:51 pm

Hal14 wrote:In case anyone wants to do some early research of guys we could possibly draft in 2022, here's the top 30 on my big board as it stands today:

You don't see Trayce Jackson-Davis as a first-rounder?
Fire Mazzulla
Hal14
RealGM

Post#15 » by Hal14 » Thu Dec 2, 2021 1:36 am

Kalela wrote:
Hal14 wrote:In case anyone wants to do some early research of guys we could possibly draft in 2022, here's the top 30 on my big board as it stands today:

You don't see Trayce Jackson-Davis as a first-rounder?

Need to watch a little more film on him. He's an intriguing prospect for sure, though..

I like how quick he is for a dude his size, really good finisher at the rim, really attacks the rim hard, good motor, but on the downside:

a) good size for a 4 but has the game of a 5. I think he can only really play the 5. To play the 4, you need to be able to handle the ball better, be able to drive and shoot a little bit. But he's a little undersized at the 5 in the NBA
b) 21 yrs old now, will be 22 on draft night so that limits his upside a little

So at this point, I'm thinking probably a 2nd rounder but we'll see..
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,429

Post#16 » by playa-hater » Thu Dec 2, 2021 6:41 pm

Jabari Smith
Paolo Banchero
Chet Holmgren
Jaden Ivey
Jaden Hardy
Patrick Baldwin Jr.
Kendall Brown
Jean Montero
TyTy Washington
Jalen Duren
Caleb Houstan
Daimion Collins
Moussa Diabate
Justin Lewis
Keegan Murray
Bennedict Mathurin
Roko Prkacin
Kennedy Chandler
JD Davison
Bryce McGowens
Peyton Watson
Max Christie
Caleb Love
Nikola Jovic
AJ Griffin
Ochai Agbaji
Dyson Daniels
Tristan Vukcevic
MarJon Beauchamp
Matthew Cleveland
Hugo Besson
Ousmane Dieng

It's actually 32. Too hard to cut it off at 30, as some people have Besson and Dieng going in the lottery.

If we keep our 1st round pick (I think there's a good chance we trade it again though), we should be able to get 1 of these guys..

while I am not looking at CBB anywhere near as much as I used to and don't get into prospects until spring time, always nice to see your or anyone's updates..
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,125

Post#17 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Fri Dec 3, 2021 7:55 pm

Curmudgeon wrote:Dartmouth hasn't had an NBA player of note since Rudy LaRosso, but Brendan Barry may be the best three point shooter in college basketball.

Barry from 3: 20-46 (!)
Barry from 2: 1-16 (!!)
Hal14
RealGM

Post#18 » by Hal14 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:31 pm

This draft is loaded with PF's. All of these guys could go in the 1st round. PF is the ideal position in the NBA for all of them:

Chet Holmgren
Paolo Banchero
Jabari Smith
Moussa Diabate
Daimion Collins
Roko Prkacin
EJ Liddell
Keegan Murray
Michael Foster
Jabari Walker
Tristan Vukcevic
Tari Eason

That's right, 12 PF's who could possibly go in 1st round.

Homgren, Smith and Banchero are all probably going in the top 5 picks so no way we're getting any of them. Literally all of the others could possibly be targets for the Celtics.

I won't be surprised if we trade our 1st round pick again, but if we keep it, PF is the position we are most likely to go for IMO.

With that being said, it's typically best to draft BPA rather than need. Holmgren, Smith and Banchero are likely going top 5. We're probably gonna pick in the 10-18 range. The other 8 guys outside of banchero/smith/holmgren - it might be a reach to take any of them in the top 18. We'll see - long way to go until the draft but at this point the guys I have slated to go in the 10-18 range are all PGs or wings, maybe a PF..
Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,673

Post#19 » by Tatumfor2 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:14 pm

Hal14 wrote:This draft is loaded with PF's. All of these guys could go in the 1st round. PF is the ideal position in the NBA for all of them:

Chet Holmgren
Paolo Banchero
Jabari Smith
Moussa Diabate
Daimion Collins
Roko Prkacin
EJ Liddell
Keegan Murray
Michael Foster
Jabari Walker
Tristan Vukcevic

That's right, 11 PF's who could possibly go in 1st round.

Homgren, Smith and Banchero are all probably going in the top 5 picks so no way we're getting any of them. Literally all 8 of the others could possibly be targets for the Celtics.

I won't be surprised if we trade our 1st round pick again, but if we keep it, PF is the position we are most likely to go for IMO.

Win it for Al!!! :pray:
Hal14
RealGM

Post#20 » by Hal14 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:15 am

Jeez, what a game for EJ Liddell..

28 pts, 9 rebs, 4 assists, 2 blocks, 1 steal. 6'7", 7'0" wingspan, built like a truck but also really quick. Good passer, shooting 35% from 3.

wouldn't mind seeing him in green..

plays hard, really competitive dude who has some toughness. Best player on an Ohio st team that just beat duke, who was ranked #1 in the country at the time.

Liddell kind of reminds me of Millsap in his prime.

Return to Boston Celtics