ImageImageImage

Ime has got to go!

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Time for Ime to go?

1. Yes….right now!
26%
2)Maybe, but not right now.
17%
3 No, not even close to enough time to evaluate him.
45%
4. No way, love the guy.
12%

Total votes: 142

Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Re: Ime has got to go! 

Post#121 » by Bleeding Green » Sun Jan 2, 2022 8:26 pm

Hal14 wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:
Green89 wrote:
The '92 Sonics gave HOF Coach KC Jones just 36 games before firing him, when he had an 18-18 record, right after losing 4 of 5 games. They replaced him with George Karl. He went 27-15 the rest of the season and got them to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

The dream, a playoff series win. And we have one instance in NBA history of it.

yes and i'm sure the sonics going from .500 team to 2nd round of the playoffs had everything to do with Karl replacing KC and nothing to do with Payton and Kemp entering their prime, and developing an insane amount of chemistry together, lol

Good god, some people will stop at nothing to try and make Udoka look bad.

It's the same people who wanted to fire Stevens for the last 5 years who also want to fire Udoka.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,902

Post#122 » by FlatearthZorro » Sun Jan 2, 2022 8:51 pm

Parliament10 wrote:I am not convinced that Udoka can effectively coach this team.
The whole 8-Man Rotation thing -- while NOT Playing the Bench & Deep Bench -- is NOT working.

The players get tired AF, in this setup. And the Backups get no playing time.
Bench & Deep Bench Need some type of time on the Floor. Why have them, if you're not going to use them???

Rotations aren't great, but there's definitely more to it, tbh. I don't think we have an identity, we play very odd, frantic type of basketball, a lots of isolation- something we wanted to avoid going forward. JB and JT haven't looked to have progressed and are playing worse than the previous 2 years. I'm not too convinced the team has accepted Udoka as some here believed they would(at least not so far).
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 8,981

Post#123 » by Bad-Thoma » Sun Jan 2, 2022 11:14 pm

Bleeding Green wrote:
Hal14 wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:The dream, a playoff series win. And we have one instance in NBA history of it.

yes and i'm sure the sonics going from .500 team to 2nd round of the playoffs had everything to do with Karl replacing KC and nothing to do with Payton and Kemp entering their prime, and developing an insane amount of chemistry together, lol

Good god, some people will stop at nothing to try and make Udoka look bad.

It's the same people who wanted to fire Stevens for the last 5 years who also want to fire Udoka.

Some of them were halfway there before the season even started. Same **** different post.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,429

Post#124 » by playa-hater » Mon Jan 3, 2022 2:03 am

So let me get this straight. J Brown goes nuclear, gets 50, to only win in OT, against the worst team in the NBA, who is 0-24, when giving up 100 points, who were down to the 4th string PG! So Ime is off the hook now??

IME is Epically bad at coaching. No One game for good or bad is going to change my perspective. There is way too much proof of this..

Unless of course you set your standards extremely low..
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,802

Post#125 » by Parliament10 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 2:14 am

playa-hater wrote:So let me get this straight. J Brown goes nuclear, gets 50, to only win in OT, against the worst team in the NBA, who is 0-24, when giving up 100 points, who were down to the 4th string PG! So Ime is off the hook now??

IME is Epically bad at coaching. No One game for good or bad is going to change my perspective. There is way too much proof of this..

Hell No, he ain't off the Hook!!!
He still played the Starters about an average of 40 mins, in Regulation. Then we had to deal with OT.

Fire Ime.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach

Post#126 » by Bad-Thoma » Mon Jan 3, 2022 3:20 am

playa-hater wrote:So let me get this straight. J Brown goes nuclear, gets 50, to only win in OT, against the worst team in the NBA, who is 0-24, when giving up 100 points, who were down to the 4th string PG! So Ime is off the hook now??

You're the first person to post in this thread since the game so why do you think anyone changed their mind about Ime because of it? Weird.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#127 » by playa-hater » Mon Jan 3, 2022 4:02 am

Bad-Thoma wrote:

You're the first person to post in this thread since the game so why do you think anyone changed their mind about Ime because of it? Weird.

this thread, yes, but it's a carry over from the reactions of other threads..
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,128

Post#128 » by Hal14 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 4:58 am

Read on Twitter
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,351

Post#129 » by reload141 » Mon Jan 3, 2022 6:31 am

Hal14 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Love this.
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach

Post#130 » by Bad-Thoma » Mon Jan 3, 2022 2:11 pm

playa-hater wrote:
Bad-Thoma wrote:

Maybe I'm wrong but somehow I doubt anyone posted anything referring to Ime as a good coach because of the Orlando game.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,393

Post#131 » by Triple7 » Wed Jan 5, 2022 6:57 am

Bad-Thoma wrote:
playa-hater wrote:
Bad-Thoma wrote:

Maybe I'm wrong but somehow I doubt anyone posted anything referring to Ime as a good coach because of the Orlando game.

Well some poster suggested that Jaylen should split the VCigar with Ime lol, just because of what he “said” during the timeout before the run. We shouldn’t be down that big in the first place. I’m just saying, give Jaylen his props man. Share it with Ime hahaha! That’s just insane fan boy stuff!
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,993

Post#132 » by cl2117 » Wed Jan 5, 2022 11:46 am

reload141 wrote:
Hal14 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Love this.

Plays for himself, yes. Plays for his teammates...... not so much.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
Scoonie
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,787

Post#133 » by Scoonie » Wed Jan 5, 2022 3:42 pm

I was hoping that Ime would be a little more of a hardass with his team. He's very relaxed and hands off on the sideline, like Brad Stevens was.

This team desperately needs discipline, just like last year's team.
Dogen wrote:Celtics win despite Smart having -1 points for the game.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#134 » by playa-hater » Thu Jan 6, 2022 3:10 am

How much evidence is needed?? Cut your freakin losses already.. I don't care about give him more time.. No change = prolonged suffering..
CelticFaninLBC
General Manager
And1: 2,991

Post#135 » by CelticFaninLBC » Thu Jan 6, 2022 3:19 am

The double bigs and double pgs who are subpar 3 point shooters is wearing thin...
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#136 » by playa-hater » Thu Jan 6, 2022 3:25 am

well maybe I am overreacting. we did beat Orlando.. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,398

Post#137 » by Jaqua92 » Thu Jan 6, 2022 3:42 am

How the hell can this possibly be on Ime?

They did the same thing under Brad. You replace Ime, you know what's going to change?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. You'll all be calling for the next coach's head. This is on the players. Not the coach. This is on that core 3 setting terrible examples by leading with selfish iso ball and demonstrating a lack of trust in their teammates.

No coach is going to fix what's a broken core and a broken team personality.

Brad fostered a team of individuals who learned they do not need to be held accountable. No coach in the entire league is going to change what's wrong with this team until Brad breaks up Tatum, Brown and Smart.

At this point, trade Brown, Smart, PP, Nesmith, picks, Schroeder and Horford. Go after Fox, that other player, and fill the roster out with competence.

Rebuild around Tatum and Rob. At the least you'll have a new energy on the team, a new core, a new personality

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,902

Post#138 » by FlatearthZorro » Thu Jan 6, 2022 6:14 am

Jaqua92 wrote:How the hell can this possibly be on Ime?

They did the same thing under Brad. You replace Ime, you know what's going to change?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. You'll all be calling for the next coach's head. This is on the players. Not the coach. This is on that core 3 setting terrible examples by leading with selfish iso ball and demonstrating a lack of trust in their teammates.

No coach is going to fix what's a broken core and a broken team personality.

Brad fostered a team of individuals who learned they do not need to be held accountable. No coach in the entire league is going to change what's wrong with this team until Brad breaks up Tatum, Brown and Smart.

At this point, trade Brown, Smart, PP, Nesmith, picks, Schroeder and Horford. Go after Fox, that other player, and fill the roster out with competence.

Rebuild around Tatum and Rob. At the least you'll have a new energy on the team, a new core, a new personality

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It absolutely is on Ime, too. He obviously doesn't play, but he's got a better roster than last year. We have no identity and we are playing the worse basketball I've seen us play in forever. The brand of basketball we play is bad! How did Brad do better with a far worse roster(Grant was awful, Kemba as a starter, no Schroeder and Horford and Bobby again being hurt a missing a lots of games)???
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
rmal8852
Pro Prospect
And1: 929

Post#139 » by rmal8852 » Thu Jan 6, 2022 7:18 am

reload141 wrote:
Hal14 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Love this.

And 1.

Right after this tweet by Brown it should say:

“ Says the little boy whose father lets him eat ice cream all day, and play with matches and let’s him do anything the blank he wants”

Betcha Smart and Tatum feel the same.

letting 20 something year olds pick our god damn coach…WT#
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,128

Post#140 » by Hal14 » Thu Jan 6, 2022 2:29 pm

rmal8852 wrote:
reload141 wrote:
Hal14 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Love this.

And 1.

Right after this tweet by Brown it should say:

“ Says the little boy whose father lets him eat ice cream all day, and play with matches and let’s him do anything the blank he wants”

Betcha Smart and Tatum feel the same.

letting 20 something year olds pick our god damn coach…WT#

1) They're in their mid-20s. Grown a&& men - not teenagers.

2) It was the consensus among everyone around the league that Udoka was a great choice by the Celtics and that he was the most qualified assistant in the league who hadn't yet been a head coach. It's not like Smart, Tatum and Brown picked some random guy off the street, like you imply.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)

Return to Boston Celtics