ImageImageImage

Ime has got to go!

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Time for Ime to go?

1. Yes….right now!
26%
2)Maybe, but not right now.
17%
3 No, not even close to enough time to evaluate him.
45%
4. No way, love the guy.
12%

Total votes: 142

Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,152

Re: Ime has got to go! 

Post#141 » by Hal14 » Thu Jan 6, 2022 2:34 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:How the hell can this possibly be on Ime?

They did the same thing under Brad. You replace Ime, you know what's going to change?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. You'll all be calling for the next coach's head. This is on the players. Not the coach. This is on that core 3 setting terrible examples by leading with selfish iso ball and demonstrating a lack of trust in their teammates.

No coach is going to fix what's a broken core and a broken team personality.

Brad fostered a team of individuals who learned they do not need to be held accountable. No coach in the entire league is going to change what's wrong with this team until Brad breaks up Tatum, Brown and Smart.

At this point, trade Brown, Smart, PP, Nesmith, picks, Schroeder and Horford. Go after Fox, that other player, and fill the roster out with competence.

Rebuild around Tatum and Rob. At the least you'll have a new energy on the team, a new core, a new personality

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It absolutely is on Ime, too. He obviously doesn't play, but he's got a better roster than last year. We have no identity and we are playing the worse basketball I've seen us play in forever. The brand of basketball we play is bad! How did Brad do better with a far worse roster(Grant was awful, Kemba as a starter, no Schroeder and Horford and Bobby again being hurt a missing a lots of games)???

1) Agreed that this year's roster is better, but just barely
2) Last year's team only went .500 and lost in 1st round
3) Our roster is a tad better - so what? Look around the league. Everybody else's roster is better too - many of them are significantly better.
4) Those years we made the conference finals (2017, 2018, 2020). The league (and especially the east) is WAY deeper, more competitive now than it was then
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Stan34
Senior
And1: 441

Post#142 » by Stan34 » Thu Jan 6, 2022 2:40 pm

rmal8852 wrote:
reload141 wrote:
Hal14 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Love this.

And 1.

Right after this tweet by Brown it should say:

“ Says the little boy whose father lets him eat ice cream all day, and play with matches and let’s him do anything the blank he wants”

Betcha Smart and Tatum feel the same.

letting 20 something year olds pick our god damn coach…WT#
No no no. Ime says: we need you to improve your game so you are allowed to make mistakes. Growing pains

Inviato dal mio moto g(7) plus utilizzando Tapatalk
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,456

Post#143 » by Jaqua92 » Thu Jan 6, 2022 5:37 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:

They did the same thing under Brad. You replace Ime, you know what's going to change?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. You'll all be calling for the next coach's head. This is on the players. Not the coach. This is on that core 3 setting terrible examples by leading with selfish iso ball and demonstrating a lack of trust in their teammates.

Brad fostered a team of individuals who learned they do not need to be held accountable. No coach in the entire league is going to change what's wrong with this team until Brad breaks up Tatum, Brown and Smart.

At this point, trade Brown, Smart, PP, Nesmith, picks, Schroeder and Horford. Go after Fox, that other player, and fill the roster out with competence.

Rebuild around Tatum and Rob. At the least you'll have a new energy on the team, a new core, a new personality

It absolutely is on Ime, too. He obviously doesn't play, but he's got a better roster than last year. We have no identity and we are playing the worse basketball I've seen us play in forever. The brand of basketball we play is bad! How did Brad do better with a far worse roster(Grant was awful, Kemba as a starter, no Schroeder and Horford and Bobby again being hurt a missing a lots of games)???
Yeah.

I just firmly believe that this team's personality is fundamentally broken beyond coaching.

Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,074

Post#144 » by Ben-N1ce » Fri Jan 7, 2022 3:07 am

I'm beginning to think Ime sucks donkey balls at coaching..
rmal8852
Pro Prospect
And1: 929

Perk slams Uchoka pregame 

Post#145 » by rmal8852 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 4:20 am

love Perk’s frankness and insight.

Anybody see Perk pre-game?

He said Ime needs to be held accountable by Brad.

Perk likened Ime to a parent who has lost control of his kids. “ You give them too much rope and they play with you all the time. He has to draw the line [with the players][

He said the team is too talented for this record and 4th quarter collapses.

He said Ime needs to take ownership of the lack of accountability.

He said
“why do they have so. Much freedom?you watch them play and there are certain plays throughout the course of the game, whether they win or lose, you be like what the hell you doin’ , what was you thinking’ , why did you try this?, and when you watch them play and they play in that type of fashion and they are so inconsistent, you have to hold a Ime Udoka accountable”, not for his Xs and Os ( Udoka is bad with Xs and Os too) but of his actually demanding his respect and demanding to hold them accountable on a night to night basis. And that’s the hard part about being a young coach in this league. You come in and want to be a players coach, but all of a sudden, like your kid, you give them too m7ch rope and they gonna play with you all the time….he HAS to draw the line! And you will see better results”

Uchoka is in way over his head.

This is a rudderless ship going nowhere… Brad won’t get fired and you can’t fire the players… Ime has to be fired now to salvage the rest of the season and the soul of this team

I get it, first year coach needs time blah blah blah blah blah… Excuses excuses excuses
BRUNiNHO91
RealGM
And1: 22,159

Post#146 » by BRUNiNHO91 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 4:20 am

This trash ass mf'r gets to go home to wreck Nia Long while we suffer to figure out how the worst coach in basketball got the job for us.

Life is such BS. :noway:
A new dawn will rise in Boston. ‎#StayLoyal THANK YOU TRUTH!
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,641

Post#147 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 4:28 am

As an outsider looking in and having watched plenty of your guys games since Tatum has come along. I think there is no doubt a clear difference between Brad and Ime. It seems like under Ime, I have no faith when the time comes I trust this team to run a good after time out play, run a good play to find an open shot, not blow a defensive rotation. It just seems like when those situations come around this team has really struggled and hard not to look at the coach in those situations.

I also think there is just something wrong with this roster. I honestly think its time there is a major shake up.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,696

Post#148 » by return2glory » Fri Jan 7, 2022 4:29 am

Ben-N1ce wrote:I'm beginning to think Ime sucks donkey balls at coaching..

I keep telling you guys this. I know a good coach when I see one and I know a bad coach when I see one. He is a bad coach.

Stan Van Gundy during the 4th quarter said Jaylen Brown has more turnovers than assists this season. He is not the guy you want to be handling the ball. I been saying the same thing for years. And get this, Stan is an average coach at best and he can see this and Ime can't.

Ime lost this game with 4 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. He took Enes out and it was all over. With Enes is the game, we were rollin. He takes him out and the Knicks go on a run. I saying at that time, ok maybe he needs a little break. Break in back around the 2 minute mark. He never did. Knicks got momentum and confidence and it was all over after that.
rmal8852
Pro Prospect
And1: 929

Post#149 » by rmal8852 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 5:09 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:This trash ass mf'r gets to go home to wreck Nia Long while we suffer to figure out how the worst coach in basketball got the job for us.

Life is such BS. :noway:

Haha!!!

And1

After Ime destroying our team and us playing WAY below our talent level (Perk said that too), I needed that.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,438

Post#150 » by Triple7 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 5:23 am

CP3 basically saying after the game, that he loves the system they have, and that guys are buying in to that. I’m really envious! Meanwhile we are stuck with Udoka for a coach lol.
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#151 » by BillessuR6 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 9:15 am

We gave the head coaching job to a stubborn idiot. Just keeps doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result I guess? What a failure...

Of course, he won`t get fired...I am guessing that maybe in two years they will have the guts to let the guy go and admit this was a brutal hire...
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,871

Post#152 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Jan 7, 2022 9:51 am

In a few days, we will learn that Ime is a sleeper agent being groomed for a decade by Lebron to yet again screw with this franchise.

FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#153 » by FlatearthZorro » Fri Jan 7, 2022 10:13 am

Hal14 wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:

1) Agreed that this year's roster is better, but just barely
2) Last year's team only went .500 and lost in 1st round
3) Our roster is a tad better - so what? Look around the league. Everybody else's roster is better too - many of them are significantly better.
4) Those years we made the conference finals (2017, 2018, 2020). The league (and especially the east) is WAY deeper, more competitive now than it was then

Btw, it's not barely, Schroeder and Richardson are better than anything we've had on our bench in 2-3 years at least. Who was better than Schroeder or Richardson coming from our bench from 2017 to now? You have Horford who imo is still the same guy, Grant's playing better than his first 2 years in the league and we're WORSE overall than past 2-3 years.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,862

Post#154 » by Larry_Russell » Fri Jan 7, 2022 11:30 am

Read on Twitter
?t=w0nT3YU1sPe12zf3KI0ztw&s=19

**** ime
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Re: Perk slams Uchoka pregame 

Post#155 » by Larry_Russell » Fri Jan 7, 2022 11:31 am

rmal8852 wrote:love Perk’s frankness and insight.

Anybody see Perk pre-game?

He said Ime needs to be held accountable by Brad.

Perk likened Ime to a parent who has lost control of his kids. “ You give them too much rope and they play with you all the time. He has to draw the line [with the players][

He said the team is too talented for this record and 4th quarter collapses.

He said Ime needs to take ownership of the lack of accountability.

He said
“why do they have so. Much freedom?you watch them play and there are certain plays throughout the course of the game, whether they win or lose, you be like what the hell you doin’ , what was you thinking’ , why did you try this?, and when you watch them play and they play in that type of fashion and they are so inconsistent, you have to hold a Ime Udoka accountable”, not for his Xs and Os ( Udoka is bad with Xs and Os too) but of his actually demanding his respect and demanding to hold them accountable on a night to night basis. And that’s the hard part about being a young coach in this league. You come in and want to be a players coach, but all of a sudden, like your kid, you give them too m7ch rope and they gonna play with you all the time….he HAS to draw the line! And you will see better results”

Uchoka is in way over his head.

This is a rudderless ship going nowhere… Brad won’t get fired and you can’t fire the players… Ime has to be fired now to salvage the rest of the season and the soul of this team

I get it, first year coach needs time blah blah blah blah blah… Excuses excuses excuses

Perk for coach
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Post#156 » by Larry_Russell » Fri Jan 7, 2022 11:36 am

Duke4life831 wrote:As an outsider looking in and having watched plenty of your guys games since Tatum has come along. I think there is no doubt a clear difference between Brad and Ime. It seems like under Ime, I have no faith when the time comes I trust this team to run a good after time out play, run a good play to find an open shot, not blow a defensive rotation. It just seems like when those situations come around this team has really struggled and hard not to look at the coach in those situations.

I also think there is just something wrong with this roster. I honestly think its time there is a major shake up.

Ime has to go.

I am guessing that schroder and horford go first
If that doesnt improve team then a bigger trade in offseason happens and Ime is fired lastly.
Ticket
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,401

Post#157 » by Ticket » Fri Jan 7, 2022 11:45 am

I mean, our expectations are so low right now and he is still refusing to try out something different. Throw out some creative schemes or lineups to at least keep your opponent guessing. This ISO stuff, chucking threes and switching everything is making my eyes bleed. TRY SOMETHING ELSE.
One day Leon Powe and I were cracking up on Eddie House’s tattoo.…[Garnett] was like, ‘C’mon, Scal, it’s time to rock! What the ‘F’ are you doing?’ And I was like, ‘You know what? You’re right. It is time to rock.’ – Brian Scalabrine
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,315

Post#158 » by chrisab123 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 11:50 am

If you're telling the Chef to make a good steak and the meat is 10 days past expiration its going to be **** no matter how the chef is. This was going to happen with this group even if Stevens was coach. Maybe they have like 1 or 2 more wins but with this core it shouldn't be surprising. Send out everyone other than Brown and Tatum. Start over.
BleedGreen1989
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,776

Post#159 » by BleedGreen1989 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 1:41 pm

chrisab123 wrote:If you're telling the Chef to make a good steak and the meat is 10 days past expiration its going to be **** no matter how the chef is. This was going to happen with this group even if Stevens was coach. Maybe they have like 1 or 2 more wins but with this core it shouldn't be surprising. Send out everyone other than Brown and Tatum. Start over.

This is where I am. This is a roster/chemistry/personality problem. The best coach in the league couldn't do a whole lot better with what we have.

This teams personality just seems unsalvageable.
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#160 » by BillessuR6 » Fri Jan 7, 2022 1:57 pm

BleedGreen1989 wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:If you're telling the Chef to make a good steak and the meat is 10 days past expiration its going to be **** no matter how the chef is. This was going to happen with this group even if Stevens was coach. Maybe they have like 1 or 2 more wins but with this core it shouldn't be surprising. Send out everyone other than Brown and Tatum. Start over.

This is where I am. This is a roster/chemistry/personality problem. The best coach in the league couldn't do a whole lot better with what we have.

This teams personality just seems unsalvageable.

You give this roster to Pop and we are 10 games over 50 %.

Return to Boston Celtics