ImageImageImage

Ime has got to go!

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Time for Ime to go?

1. Yes….right now!
26%
2)Maybe, but not right now.
17%
3 No, not even close to enough time to evaluate him.
45%
4. No way, love the guy.
12%

Total votes: 142

Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Re: Ime has got to go! 

Post#301 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:43 am

Parliament10 wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:I just want an explanation from Ime. I know sports reporters are just PR toadies but they're making Entertainment Tonight look hard-hitting. Has Ime answered any questions about playing his starters so many minutes? About what he can do to keep the team from collapsing? About his own decision-making?

I'd be with you, on hearing that. Iff I thought that Ime was good enough to stay.
But, we're all fairly knowledgeable Fans. So we ALL Know that he just needs to be Fired.

Yeah, but it's *so bad* it's mind-boggling. There has to be some explanation, you can't be a competent coach in every other respect, a highly respected long-time assistant, and be so bad at game management, so much worse than you are at everything else. Is it like, nerves?
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#302 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:44 am

Brad did comment publicly on helping our shooting with "rotation tweaks", which is as direct as he's going to get - at least in public.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#303 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:47 am

Plus, give Tatum minutes at the 4 and you can play him less overall - if he's in the front court they have Josh, Romeo, Aaron to come off the bench, they can play Josh or Aaron at the 3 next to two point guards, Grant and Al can spell Tatum and Rob.. I like the double-big lineup in theory (esp. if Horford could still shoot), it's got mobility and size, but... it's not a luxury they have right now.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#304 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:50 am

Jim O'Brien's compromise with the Medium Two was that Antoine and Paul could do whatever they wanted on offense as long as they played D. We have a top five defense, Brown and Tatum do whatever they want on offense and we're struggling to stay a .500 team.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM

Post#305 » by Andrew McCeltic » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:18 am

It’s also ballsy of a new head coach to insult the roster he’s been given to work with.. I understand not playing Jabari or Bruno, but everyone else has the talent to have a role even on a mediocre team.
Garbanzo
Junior
And1: 398

Post#306 » by Garbanzo » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:57 am

Andrew McCeltic wrote:Plus, give Tatum minutes at the 4 and you can play him less overall - if he's in the front court they have Josh, Romeo, Aaron to come off the bench, they can play Josh or Aaron at the 3 next to two point guards, Grant and Al can spell Tatum and Rob.. I like the double-big lineup in theory (esp. if Horford could still shoot), it's got mobility and size, but... it's not a luxury they have right now.

Really? You like it in theory?
That lineup is bad. Don't think theres a single coach in this league that would have played it.

And also, how is Al and Rob mobile together?
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,682

Post#307 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:24 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
Fencer reregistered wrote:So Ime tried an innovative, zero-PG lineup. It did great things in the second quarter.

Then he ran out the same thing at the end of the game, and there was a classic Celtic crunch time collapse.

Hmm ...

Took him 8 minutes of the 3rd quarter and an 8 pt turn around to run that line up. The reason that line up was effective was Tatum, who was gassed at the end because the bum can't get him a 3 minute rest period and is running him into the **** ground..meanwhile Josh played 12 minutes.

Absolute clueless **** bum of a coach.

Deciding when to rest guys is one of the basic roles of an NBA coah. So yeah -- Ime needs to be better at that, and this is not a small matter.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Bohemian
Analyst
And1: 3,308

Post#308 » by Bohemian » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:58 am

Fire Ime already.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#309 » by FlatearthZorro » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:39 am

jirrit wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:
Hal14 wrote:He did? During his first 46 games?

Brad's first 46 games as HC, he was 15-31. Udoka is 23-23 in his first 46 games.

Sure, Brad had lesser talent. But your words are "Stevens did BETTER with lesser players"

That implies that with lesser players, Brad was better than .500 during his first 46 games.

the celtics didn't become a team that was better than .500 until Brad's 3rd season. Yet according to you "Ime sucks" after only 46 games?

Is this post you being serious or maybe I'm not getting a joke.
Brad was coaching a bottom 5 team talent-wise in his first season. Imo, this current team talent-wise with the current roster is probably top 4-5. We're a late lottery team right now.
Also, Brad managed to get a team that was built around Jae/Bradley/Horford and IT as the main piece to have the best record in the East.

Made the playoffs with Zeller/IT/KO/Jerebko and Bradley as the main guys and Jae coming off the bench(first season Jae and IT were here). Do not, I repeat, do NOT compare Brad to Udoka. Brad has his flaws, but he's light years ahead of Udoka when it comes to coaching basketball.

Not impressed by Udoka at all but this is an NBA top 10 team talent wise at max. I’d say middle of the pack currently and thats about where were ranked.

I'd put only BKN/MIL/PHX/GSW clearly ahead of us. Nobody else.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,859

Post#310 » by Larry_Russell » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:49 pm

CN the "fire ime" chants start already?
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,148

Post#311 » by Hal14 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:00 pm

FlatearthZorro wrote:
jirrit wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:
Is this post you being serious or maybe I'm not getting a joke.
Brad was coaching a bottom 5 team talent-wise in his first season. Imo, this current team talent-wise with the current roster is probably top 4-5. We're a late lottery team right now.
Also, Brad managed to get a team that was built around Jae/Bradley/Horford and IT as the main piece to have the best record in the East.

Made the playoffs with Zeller/IT/KO/Jerebko and Bradley as the main guys and Jae coming off the bench(first season Jae and IT were here). Do not, I repeat, do NOT compare Brad to Udoka. Brad has his flaws, but he's light years ahead of Udoka when it comes to coaching basketball.

Not impressed by Udoka at all but this is an NBA top 10 team talent wise at max. I’d say middle of the pack currently and thats about where were ranked.

Well you're obviously biased. Every media outlet (unbiased ones) had us ranked as a middle of the pack team in the preseason.

We're not even listed in this poll that is asking people to vote on the most disappointing team in the NBA this season:

Read on Twitter
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,664

Post#312 » by Green89 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:23 pm

Hal14 wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:
jirrit wrote:

Well you're obviously biased. Every media outlet (unbiased ones) had us ranked as a middle of the pack team in the preseason.

We're not even listed in this poll that is asking people to vote on the most disappointing team in the NBA this season:

Read on Twitter

Yup, because the off the ball network is basketball gospel. Everything lives and breathes by its dictation. Your posts just keep getting better and better. :uhoh:
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,839

Post#313 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:33 pm

Read on Twitter

Whichever reporter asked that question should work in Boston. Gonna send him a box of cookies if he asks Ime that.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,577

Post#314 » by bisme37 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:47 pm

greenroom31 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:Hey, Udoka is good at something offense-related.
Read on Twitter

Okay, this legitimately stunned me.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just waiting for the usual suspects to arrive and find out how to discredit the data.

I don't know if I've become a usual suspect at Ime bashing, and I regret potentially being that guy now, but it would be cool if this ATO success came in big moments and resulted in actually winning the game. If he's good at drawing up ATO's, cool congrats, but it hasn't prevented us from being the least clutch team in the league.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#315 » by Feed Your Head » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:52 pm

bisme37 wrote:
greenroom31 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

Just waiting for the usual suspects to arrive and find out how to discredit the data.

I don't know if I've become a usual suspect at Ime bashing, and I regret potentially being that guy now, but it would be cool if this ATO success came in big moments and resulted in actually winning the game. If he's good at drawing up ATO's, cool congrats, but it hasn't prevented us from being the least clutch team in the league.

It pains me, but our son JT has been the biggest culprit of the crunch time issues. It’s just shots he has always hit in the past, so I can’t blame Ime for that. Now I’m positive JT is fatigued late in games, as he’s played the last 14+ minutes in at least 12 games this year. But…it’s a results league, and he’s gone from a consistent 60% TS guy in the clutch, to 50% so far this season.

I expect it to turn around, but not until that jumper is fixed.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#316 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:57 pm

bisme37 wrote:
greenroom31 wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

Usually only 3 timeouts left in the clutch. So maybe 3 ATOs. That won't matter if the non-ATO possessions stink. Players also still need to execute and make shots regardless of how good drawn up play is.

But Ime has been poor (and stubborn) in other areas as well. Example: Not sure why he's still sticking with the double big lineups when we've clearly played better with single bigs.

I've been one of his defenders earlier in the season, giving him the benefit of the doubt and benefit of time, but there's enough sample size now to see which things work and which do not. I don't think he's adjusted enough to put the guys in ideal positions.
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,148

Post#317 » by Hal14 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:23 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Like I said in tonight's Post Game thread.
This Team should have won 10 more games. At least.

If this was a Mediocre Team, then it could be understood.
But, this is a Good Team.

Ime needs to be FIRED!!!
He's not Head Coach Material.

PS:
33-14 is what we should be.
23-24 is what we are.

Vegas had the over/under for number of wins for us at 45.5 in the preseason: https://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/win-totals/

Even if we round up to 46 wins, 46-36 is a winning % of .560. So based on the preseason Vegas odds, we should be at 26 wins right now, since 56% of 47 (the number of games we've played so far) is 26. So we should be 26-21 right now. clearly your 33-14 record is way off.

However, there's another variable we must account for - strength of schedule. Our predicted winning % at the END of the season is 56%. However, so far this season, out of 30 teams, we've played the 11th toughest schedule so far. We have the 9th easiest schedule over the course of the rest of the season: http://powerrankingsguru.com/nba/strength-of-schedule.php

The tough schedule we've played so far must factor in - it should result in a 1-2 game adjustment. So our recored right now should actually be 25-22, or 24-23...give or take. Our actual record is 23-24. So we're only off by a game or 2. That doesn't seem so bad, does it? So we should fire Udoka, because our record is a game or 2 off from what it was expected to be at this point in the season?

That's not even factoring in 2 fluke games we lost in double OT, where we had 2 of our best players out in both games (to knicks and to wizards), and in the Wizards game it wouldn't have even gone to OT if not for Montrezl Harrell (who hadn't even hit a 3-pointer in 3 years!) making in a desperation shot from half court at the buzzer.

Oh and the 33-14 record that you think we should have right now.. That's a .702 winning %. Do you realize that no team in the entire eastern conference has a win % that high right now? That win % would put us 1st in the east and 3rd in the entire NBA, only trailing the Suns and Warriors. Good lord. There's being a homer, but this is taking it to another level :)
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#318 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:54 pm

Read on Twitter
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#319 » by BostonCouchGM » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:29 pm

hilarious how a couple of wins versus awful teams can change the narrative. Ime is garbage. We win despite him but often lose games because of him.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,664

Post#320 » by Green89 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:13 am

Hal14 wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Like I said in tonight's Post Game thread.
This Team should have won 10 more games. At least.

If this was a Mediocre Team, then it could be understood.
But, this is a Good Team.

Ime needs to be FIRED!!!
He's not Head Coach Material.

PS:
33-14 is what we should be.
23-24 is what we are.

Vegas had the over/under for number of wins for us at 45.5 in the preseason: https://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/win-totals/

Even if we round up to 46 wins, 46-36 is a winning % of .560. So based on the preseason Vegas odds, we should be at 26 wins right now, since 56% of 47 (the number of games we've played so far) is 26. So we should be 26-21 right now. clearly your 33-14 record is way off.

However, there's another variable we must account for - strength of schedule. Our predicted winning % at the END of the season is 56%. However, so far this season, out of 30 teams, we've played the 11th toughest schedule so far. We have the 9th easiest schedule over the course of the rest of the season: http://powerrankingsguru.com/nba/strength-of-schedule.php

The tough schedule we've played so far must factor in - it should result in a 1-2 game adjustment. So our recored right now should actually be 25-22, or 24-23...give or take. Our actual record is 23-24. So we're only off by a game or 2. That doesn't seem so bad, does it? So we should fire Udoka, because our record is a game or 2 off from what it was expected to be at this point in the season?

That's not even factoring in 2 fluke games we lost in double OT, where we had 2 of our best players out in both games (to knicks and to wizards), and in the Wizards game it wouldn't have even gone to OT if not for Montrezl Harrell (who hadn't even hit a 3-pointer in 3 years!) making in a desperation shot from half court at the buzzer.

Oh and the 33-14 record that you think we should have right now.. That's a .702 winning %. Do you realize that no team in the entire eastern conference has a win % that high right now? That win % would put us 1st in the east and 3rd in the entire NBA, only trailing the Suns and Warriors. Good lord. There's being a homer, but this is taking it to another level :)

Another laughable post. On paper, our roster is better than Memphis, yet they're sitting at 33-17 right now.

Return to Boston Celtics