ImageImageImage

Ime has got to go!

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Time for Ime to go?

1. Yes….right now!
26%
2)Maybe, but not right now.
17%
3 No, not even close to enough time to evaluate him.
45%
4. No way, love the guy.
12%

Total votes: 142

Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 54,201

Re: Ime has got to go! 

Post#321 » by Parliament10 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:54 am

Green89 wrote:
Hal14 wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Like I said in tonight's Post Game thread.
This Team should have won 10 more games. At least.

If this was a Mediocre Team, then it could be understood.
But, this is a Good Team.

Ime needs to be FIRED!!!
He's not Head Coach Material.

PS:
33-14 is what we should be.
23-24 is what we are.

Vegas had the over/under for number of wins for us at 45.5 in the preseason: https://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/win-totals/

Even if we round up to 46 wins, 46-36 is a winning % of .560. So based on the preseason Vegas odds, we should be at 26 wins right now, since 56% of 47 (the number of games we've played so far) is 26. So we should be 26-21 right now. clearly your 33-14 record is way off.

However, there's another variable we must account for - strength of schedule. Our predicted winning % at the END of the season is 56%. However, so far this season, out of 30 teams, we've played the 11th toughest schedule so far. We have the 9th easiest schedule over the course of the rest of the season: http://powerrankingsguru.com/nba/strength-of-schedule.php

The tough schedule we've played so far must factor in - it should result in a 1-2 game adjustment. So our recored right now should actually be 25-22, or 24-23...give or take. Our actual record is 23-24. So we're only off by a game or 2. That doesn't seem so bad, does it? So we should fire Udoka, because our record is a game or 2 off from what it was expected to be at this point in the season?

That's not even factoring in 2 fluke games we lost in double OT, where we had 2 of our best players out in both games (to knicks and to wizards), and in the Wizards game it wouldn't have even gone to OT if not for Montrezl Harrell (who hadn't even hit a 3-pointer in 3 years!) making in a desperation shot from half court at the buzzer.

Oh and the 33-14 record that you think we should have right now.. That's a .702 winning %. Do you realize that no team in the entire eastern conference has a win % that high right now? That win % would put us 1st in the east and 3rd in the entire NBA, only trailing the Suns and Warriors. Good lord. There's being a homer, but this is taking it to another level :)

Another laughable post. On paper, our roster is better than Memphis, yet they're sitting at 33-17 right now.

Yeah, people. Don't pick on the Post. Just the Subject Matter.

~ Parl

In any event, I never did get that Post, from Hal14? -- We've genuinely lost a lot of close games.
If we had won 19-7, instead of 9-17, then yeah. We would be 10 games ahead.

And it doesn't matter what the other records are in the Eastern Conf. It only matters what Our record is.
This team should be #1 in the East. -- Easily.

Read on Twitter
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,920

Post#322 » by Larry_Russell » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:18 am

But but but but.

Atlanta doesnt have a good record either so Ime is a great coach
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 90,658

Post#323 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:18 pm

Biggest difference between Memphis and Boston -- Ja Morant is a 1st team All-NBA player if voting occured today. Tatum too, if you only count his top 10 games of the season. People praise their coach for the improvement Bane made but he won't get this much opportunity if Brooks didn't get hurt. So there's a bit of kismet going on there, not all coaching.

I'd still give us 5-8 more wins if Stevens continued to coach (not rookie Stevens) instead of Ime.

FWIW, Grizz and Cs have same net rating as of today. They've just been much better at closing games than us -- 15-6 vs. 9-17.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#324 » by Parliament10 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:32 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:Biggest difference between Memphis and Boston -- Ja Morant is a 1st team All-NBA player if voting occured today. Tatum too, if you only count his top 10 games of the season. People praise their coach for the improvement Bane made but he won't get this much opportunity if Brooks didn't get hurt. So there's a bit of kismet going on there, not all coaching.

I'd still give us 5-8 more wins if Stevens continued to coach (not rookie Stevens) instead of Ime.

FWIW, Grizz and Cs have same net rating as of today. They've just been much better at closing games than us -- 15-6 vs. 9-17.

7 more Wins, would put us in 1st place.
I think that we could have won as many as 10 more Games. If our Coach was more in-tune with the team.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
AKFO
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,734

Post#325 » by AKFO » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:05 pm

I'm not give Ime any benefit of doubt until he stops starting Horford at the 4. Just such an obvious adjustment that would directly or indirectly address so many issues with this team.
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Post#326 » by Larry_Russell » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:06 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:Biggest difference between Memphis and Boston -- Ja Morant is a 1st team All-NBA player if voting occured today. Tatum too, if you only count his top 10 games of the season. People praise their coach for the improvement Bane made but he won't get this much opportunity if Brooks didn't get hurt. So there's a bit of kismet going on there, not all coaching.

7 more Wins, would put us in 1st place.
I think that we could have won as many as 10 more Games. If our Coach was more in-tune with the team.

I will give credit where credit is due

Defense has been great. Team construction helps tremendously, but the team does play defense. Most of the time.

But on Ime the same knocks are still there.

Team at times jsut doesnt compete (smart is helping alot there, imo)
team plays terrible offense at times (smart helps there too pushing the ball relentlessly)
Relies to much on vets (see Horford over 30 minutes per game)
refuses to groom youth (see Pritch, Romeo, Nesmith)
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,741

Post#327 » by playa-hater » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:36 pm

Tatum playing great and an easy schedule at the moment doesn't replace all proof that Ime has supplied all season long..

Yet so many jump onboard or overboard with every single good or bad game. Ime at the very best is a below average HC. At Worst he is the WOAT.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,200

Post#328 » by Hal14 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:45 pm

AKFO wrote:I'm not give Ime any benefit of doubt until he stops starting Horford at the 4. Just such an obvious adjustment that would directly or indirectly address so many issues with this team.

Read on Twitter
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Jaqua92
RealGM
And1: 7,506

Post#329 » by Jaqua92 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:50 pm

We would be 33-14 if not for Ime?

Oh brother.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Post#330 » by Larry_Russell » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:15 pm

Hal14 wrote:
AKFO wrote:I'm not give Ime any benefit of doubt until he stops starting Horford at the 4. Just such an obvious adjustment that would directly or indirectly address so many issues with this team.

Read on Twitter

What are the numbers for 5 man lineups with Smart, BRown, Tatum, Timelord and a 5th not names Schroder??
with grant it is a +25.7

What are the numbers of the next most played lineup? Smart, Schroder, Tatum, Horford, Timelord (-17 net rating, 108 minutes)
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#331 » by Parliament10 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:42 pm

Jaqua92 wrote:We would be 33-14 if not for Ime?

Oh brother.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,499

Post#332 » by Triple7 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:20 am

playa-hater wrote:Tatum playing great and an easy schedule at the moment doesn't replace all proof that Ime has supplied all season long..

Yet so many jump onboard or overboard with every single good or bad game. Ime at the very best is a below average HC. At Worst he is the WOAT.

I’m with you on this. Still think he’s a terrible coach. He’s probably a talker, buddy buddy with the players. I have yet to see him run actual plays, and in-game adjustments are poor to non-existent. All i hear from players are, how Ime motivates them in and off the court. Not much about how good of a tactician he is.
Garbanzo
Junior
And1: 398

Post#333 » by Garbanzo » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:33 am

Hal14 wrote:

Read on Twitter

That's not a useful stat at all.
Some lineups played a lot more than others. I'm sure you are familiar with law of averages..
Just look at the list, Magic lineup is fourth..
There are two Hawks lineups in there, not a successful team this year.

Another look at it, is that a lineup of Smart, Richardson, Brown, Tatum, Williams almost didn't play this year.
When it did though.. it was much better. Just look at our last game against the Sixers.
Hal14
RealGM

Post#334 » by Hal14 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:36 pm

Triple7 wrote:
playa-hater wrote:Tatum playing great and an easy schedule at the moment doesn't replace all proof that Ime has supplied all season long..

I’m with you on this. Still think he’s a terrible coach. He’s probably a talker, buddy buddy with the players. I have yet to see him run actual plays, and in-game adjustments are poor to non-existent. All i hear from players are, how Ime motivates them in and off the court. Not much about how good of a tactician he is.

https://halfcourthoops.substack.com/p/boston-celtics-atos-creative-guard

This article says "The Boston Celtics are currently the #1 team in the NBA in After Time Out scenarios"
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Hal14
RealGM

Post#335 » by Hal14 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:47 pm

Garbanzo wrote:
Hal14 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Some lineups played a lot more than others. I'm sure you are familiar with law of averages..

Another look at it, is that a lineup of Smart, Richardson, Brown, Tatum, Williams almost didn't play this year.
When it did though.. it was much better. Just look at our last game against the Sixers.

This isn't looking at how good the entire TEAM is. It's simply taking every lineup combination that has played a statistically significant amount of mins together and ranking them.

Yes, the magic are a bad TEAM but clearly they have a group of 5 players that's played pretty well together. If their. record is poor, it's because a) that group of 5 hasn't gotten the chances to play a ton of mins together due to injuries/COVID and b) the other 15 guys on their team probably suck. Keep in mind, this 5 man lineup combination for the magic has probably played a small % of the total mins the Magic have played this season.

Same is true for the Hawks.

The point of the stat is that this lineup for the celtics (smart, brown, tatum, al, rob) has outperformed every other lineup in the conference so far this season.

The game vs the sixers? That's 1 game, dude. I don't think Udoka is going to all of a sudden change his whole starting lineup and rotation based off 1 game. A game which we lost! lol

Sure, some lineups played more than others. But if the lineup barely played at all together, it didn't play a statistically significant amount of mins so doesn't make sense to include in this. The smart/brown/tatum/al/rob lineup - we really haven't had all 5 of those guys healthy at the same time very much this season - I'm sure teams like the heat, Cavs, Bulls, etc have lineups who have played together more than ours - yet ours is ranked no. 1.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it - doesn't really make sense for Udoka to change the starting lineup, when it's the top performing lineup combination in the east.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,499

Post#336 » by Triple7 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:06 pm

Hal14 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

All i saw was a bunch of Jaylen iso’s and some good individual passes lol. Whatever homer!
Hal14
RealGM

Post#337 » by Hal14 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:16 pm

Triple7 wrote:
Hal14 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

All i saw was a bunch of Jaylen iso’s and some good individual passes lol. Whatever homer!

So you missed the part of the article that said "The Boston Celtics are currently the #1 team in the NBA in After Time Out scenarios" ?
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Post#338 » by Larry_Russell » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:20 pm

Hal14 wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

So you missed the part of the article that said "The Boston Celtics are currently the #1 team in the NBA in After Time Out scenarios" ?

pfft, that settles it

Ime coach of the year
Garbanzo
Junior
And1: 398

Post#339 » by Garbanzo » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:20 pm

Hal14 wrote:
Garbanzo wrote:
Hal14 wrote:
Read on Twitter

This isn't looking at how good the entire TEAM is. It's simply taking every lineup combination that has played a statistically significant amount of mins together and ranking them.

Yes, the magic are a bad TEAM but clearly they have a group of 5 players that's played pretty well together. If their. record is poor, it's because a) that group of 5 hasn't gotten the chances to play a ton of mins together due to injuries/COVID and b) the other 15 guys on their team probably suck. Keep in mind, this 5 man lineup combination for the magic has probably played a small % of the total mins the Magic have played this season.

The point of the stat is that this lineup for the celtics (smart, brown, tatum, al, rob) has outperformed every other lineup in the conference so far this season.

The game vs the sixers? That's 1 game, dude. I don't think Udoka is going to all of a sudden change his whole starting lineup and rotation based off 1 game. A game which we lost! lol

Sure, some lineups played more than others. But if the lineup barely played at all together, it didn't play a statistically significant amount of mins so doesn't make sense to include in this. The smart/brown/tatum/al/rob lineup - we really haven't had all 5 of those guys healthy at the same time very much this season - I'm sure teams like the heat, Cavs, Bulls, etc have lineups who have played together more than ours - yet ours is ranked no. 1.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it - doesn't really make sense for Udoka to change the starting lineup, when it's the top performing lineup combination in the east.

You missed my point.
The fact that there is no correlation between the lineups on that category and teams success, is an indication that the criteria (150 min) isn't right. It implies of a small sample size, and too big a variance between the subjects in this group.

Forgot to add..
It doesn't take into account the lineups played against.
The celtics play their starters more than other teams. Therefore, the celtics lineup plays against non starters, more than others.

I'm sorry if I'm not clear, English isn't my first language, so maybe later I'll try to word it better.
Hal14
RealGM

Post#340 » by Hal14 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:47 pm

Garbanzo wrote:
Hal14 wrote:
Garbanzo wrote:

You missed my point.
The fact that there is no correlation between the lineups on that category and teams success, is an indication that the criteria (150 min) isn't right. It implies of a small sample size, and too big a variance between the subjects in this group.

Forgot to add..
It doesn't take into account the lineups played against.
The celtics play their starters more than other teams. Therefore, the celtics lineup plays against non starters, more than others.

I'm sorry if I'm not clear, English isn't my first language, so maybe later I'll try to word it better.

"It doesn't take into account the lineups played against."

We've had one of the toughest schedules in the league so far this season.

"The fact that there is no correlation between the lineups on that category and teams success, is an indication that the criteria (150 min) isn't right."

There's not supposed to be a correlation. You're reading too much into it. You got 15 guys on a team, and with injuries/COVID/2-way players, most teams have played 20 or more guys. This stat is only looking at the best 5 man lineups. Nothing more, nothing less. All this is saying is that the hawks/celtics/magic each have a 5 man lineup that has performed very well this season - the fact that these teams don't have a great record simply tells us that a) the other 10-15 guys on these teams suck and b) due to injuries/COVID these teams haven't been able to put that lineup out there enough to win more games.

Even if the minimum number of mins played was raised, our starting 5 would still be ranked no. 1. I don't understand what you're trying to say. It's not like this is somehow making it harder for heat/bucks/bulls/nets lineups to qualify..

"The celtics play their starters more than other teams. Therefore, the celtics lineup plays against non starters, more than others."

1) this is a subjective statement, not backed by data. Even in games where we've started smart/tatum/brown/al/rob, guys off the bench like Richardson, schroder and Grant have still played plenty of mins 2) the celtics are ranked 28th in bench scoring so even if your statement is true and our starters are going against other team's benches more (which again is very subjective), the bench units

Again, I think people are getting too worked up over this and reading too much into the stat. If you want to try to poke holes in the stat or nitpick, go for it. But clearly the starting 5 we've been going with is doing pretty well - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Read on Twitter

Return to Boston Celtics