ImageImageImage

Ime has got to go!

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Time for Ime to go?

1. Yes….right now!
26%
2)Maybe, but not right now.
17%
3 No, not even close to enough time to evaluate him.
45%
4. No way, love the guy.
12%

Total votes: 142

playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,549

Re: Ime has got to go! 

Post#41 » by playa-hater » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:21 pm

Green89 wrote:We have more talent than our record shows, and teams with much lesser talent have better records than us. That's definitely reflective of the coaching staff.

this is exactly what the problem is IMO.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#42 » by Feed Your Head » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:25 pm

A small part of this is Ime’s rotations, but mostly it’s just bad health and covid. You can’t judge Ime on this season so far, c’mon lol. I’m not saying he’s great, or even good, but we just don’t know anything yet.

bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,594

Post#43 » by bisme37 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:31 pm

I'm not trying to fire him but I gotta admit I would not be mad about it. Guess I'm just in a **** it mood today haha. I'm glad I'm not the one in charge of deciding what it is but it seems like something ought to happen.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#44 » by Feed Your Head » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:36 pm

bisme37 wrote:I'm not trying to fire him but I gotta admit I would not be mad about it. Guess I'm just in a **** it mood today haha. I'm glad I'm not the one in charge of deciding what it is but it seems like something ought to happen.

The optics would be really bad for the Jay’s.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,594

Post#45 » by bisme37 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:38 pm

The Comedian wrote:
bisme37 wrote:I'm not trying to fire him but I gotta admit I would not be mad about it. Guess I'm just in a **** it mood today haha. I'm glad I'm not the one in charge of deciding what it is but it seems like something ought to happen.

The optics would be really bad for the Jay’s.

Yeah true. Assuming they don't secretly hate him. Which, I don't think they do.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,692

Post#46 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:58 pm

1. The team actually has been moving the ball better under Ime than under Brad.

2. Certain guys (especially Tatum and Pritchard) have been shooting less effectively under Ime than under Brad.

Is #2 a consequence of #1? I'm guessing the answer is much more No than Yes.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
NuckyPowell
General Manager
And1: 9,667

Post#47 » by NuckyPowell » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:26 pm

The team's just not that talented. Danny drafted somewhat poorly in recent years, and let a hell of a lot of talent just walk while getting little to nothing in return. I wouldn't pull the plug on Ime this early. I don't think he's been egregiously bad, although late game execution is atrocious. I think he at least gets to start out with the team next year. After that, we'll see. Some coaches are just bad, and sometimes coaches take the fall for crappy rosters. Our roster has fallen to Indiana/Portland territory, with no extra picks or cap space to become better. Not a good place to be. I'd bet good money that at least one of Tatum or Brown will not be here to the end of their present contract.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,928

Post#48 » by Celts17Pride » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:34 pm

NuckyPowell wrote:The team's just not that talented. Danny drafted somewhat poorly in recent years, and let a hell of a lot of talent just walk while getting little to nothing in return. I wouldn't pull the plug on Ime this early. I don't think he's been egregiously bad, although late game execution is atrocious. I think he at least gets to start out with the team next year. After that, we'll see. Some coaches are just bad, and sometimes coaches take the fall for crappy rosters. Our roster has fallen to Indiana/Portland territory, with no extra picks or cap space to become better. Not a good place to be. I'd bet good money that at least one of Tatum or Brown will not be here to the end of their present contract.

Celtics are almost 100% going to move Brown and Smart because the roster is garbage and they have no way to get better because of salary cap issues and mid first round picks.

It’s coming
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,239

Post#49 » by djFan71 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:56 pm

Ime is gonna look like such a good coach in January.
rmal8852
Pro Prospect
And1: 929

Post#50 » by rmal8852 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:24 am

[img][instagram][/instagram][/img]
The Comedian wrote:A small part of this is Ime’s rotations, but mostly it’s just bad health and covid. You can’t judge Ime on this season so far, c’mon lol. I’m not saying he’s great, or even good, but we just don’t know anything yet.

Really?

How about the GLeague Wolves team that we played last night, decimated by Covid and injuries and Uchoka choked another lead away!!!

Ime looks like a deer in the headlights. He doesn’t know what to do, and that’s both literally and figuratively. He is in way over his head.

Either he has told Jason and Jaylen not to play hero ball, and told smart not to be chucking threes from his arse all night, and they are not listening to him, or he hasn’t told them.

Not sure which is worse, but neither is good and we should lose him as soon as possible, optics to the league and our own players be damned.

Otherwise this is a lost season, and it doesn’t have to be.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#51 » by Bleeding Green » Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:14 am

The Comedian wrote:A small part of this is Ime’s rotations, but mostly it’s just bad health and covid. You can’t judge Ime on this season so far, c’mon lol. I’m not saying he’s great, or even good, but we just don’t know anything yet.

The two highest usage players are completely incapable of making a play for another teammate and they both operate out of the midrange (and neither in an efficient manner), an area that the NBA decided to avoid a decade ago because they all realized they aren't Michael Jordan or Dirk Nowitzki. And we have people who want to fire the new coach after a few games, as if the 'rotations' matter.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
fallguy
Head Coach
And1: 10,091

Post#52 » by fallguy » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:46 am

Bleeding Green wrote:

The two highest usage players are completely incapable of making a play for another teammate and they both operate out of the midrange (and neither in an efficient manner), an area that the NBA decided to avoid a decade ago because they all realized they aren't Michael Jordan or Dirk Nowitzki. And we have people who want to fire the new coach after a few games, as if the 'rotations' matter.

This just isn't true. Anyone watching the games knows this isn't true. Both JT and JB have made progress as playmakers. We miss an incredible number of shots.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,676

Post#53 » by The Corey's » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:08 am

Have to atleast give him 2 seasons.

But it's discouraging that he wanted this job and Smart and the core wanted him and that this is the results thus far.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,442

Post#54 » by Triple7 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:12 am

The Corey's wrote:Have to atleast give him 2 seasons.

But it's discouraging that he wanted this job and Smart and the core wanted him and that this is the results thus far.

That’s too long if you have a mediocre of a coach. The team would continue to have problems with chemistry, leadership and identity. Next thing we know, Brown, then Tatum would want out. Of course IMe wants this job. No one’s offering him anything. He left the Spurs and bounced off two assistant gigs with the Sixers and Nets. If he was really good, then some team would have offered him something. The players wanted him because of their relationship last world basketball stint. The players wanted someone that’s buddy buddy with them, and not someone that can actually lead them. This team needed a leader and not someone who is still learning the ropes. What’s there to learn??? He has been an assistant for almost a decade now. I don’t think he gets fired this season, unless we go on a 5-7 games losing streak, and totally miss the playoffs. He is closer to being a Thibs, than being a Pop. More like a coach that would run his players to the ground.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,676

Post#55 » by The Corey's » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:08 am

Triple7 wrote:

That’s too long if you have a mediocre of a coach. The team would continue to have problems with chemistry, leadership and identity. Next thing we know, Brown, then Tatum would want out. Of course IMe wants this job. No one’s offering him anything. He left the Spurs and bounced off two assistant gigs with the Sixers and Nets. If he was really good, then some team would have offered him something. The players wanted him because of their relationship last world basketball stint. The players wanted someone that’s buddy buddy with them, and not someone that can actually lead them. This team needed a leader and not someone who is still learning the ropes. What’s there to learn??? He has been an assistant for almost a decade now. I don’t think he gets fired this season, unless we go on a 5-7 games losing streak, and totally miss the playoffs. He is closer to being a Thibs, than being a Pop. More like a coach that would run his players to the ground.

There's no way Ime is fired before they make catastrophic changes to the roster. Changes come first then he's fired.

I can't imagine the **** that is firing Ime after 1 year but keeping the same core. It's enough to walk away from this franchise completely.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,442

Post#56 » by Triple7 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:11 am

The Corey's wrote:
Triple7 wrote:

There's no way Ime is fired before they make catastrophic changes to the roster. Changes come first then he's fired.

I can't imagine the **** that is firing Ime after 1 year but keeping the same core. It's enough to walk away from this franchise completely.

Yup i agree. Major roster should be done first before firing Ime. Brad should just pull the trigger on a major shake up. A really decent shooting pg with good playmaking skills should be a top priority, then a dead set shooter or two. Even with a roster shake up, i still don’t have confidence with Ime as our coach. We should be better than what we are showing. If we **** up this season, roster changes or not, Ime would be on thin ice the following season.
dans1230
Rookie
And1: 1,159

Post#57 » by dans1230 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:10 pm

I dont buy the covid excuse, every team has been dealing with that, its a menatality that this team has. They looked the same against the Bucks on Christmas as they did against the T Wolves g-league team a couple days later. They cant hold a lead and they cant overcome a manageable deficit towards the end of a game. That to me is coaching.
No doubt roster changes need to happen, id like to see the J's broken up, and sure the results could be different if health on the team was different. I dont think anything gets accomplished by firing a first year coach midseason when the team is mediocre to begin with. Give him a full year then reflect at the end. Coaching has a learning curve, perhaps he can figure it out.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#58 » by Bleeding Green » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:37 pm

fallguy wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:

This just isn't true. Anyone watching the games knows this isn't true. Both JT and JB have made progress as playmakers. We miss an incredible number of shots.

They are among the very worst high-usage playmakers in the entire league. Jaylen Brown has more turnovers than assists for instance.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#59 » by FlatearthZorro » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:13 am

djFan71 wrote:Ime is gonna look like such a good coach in January.

To me, even when the team's been healthy, we've not looked as good as I expected us to. It's not only the coach, but he's been extremely underwhelming for me. He's like a black, less versed in basketball Brad Stevens. Tatum is having the worst year of his b-ball career, Brown's been hurt and incosnsistent and we're 4 solid games behind the 5th team in the East the Cavs.. 8-)
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#60 » by FlatearthZorro » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:14 am

dans1230 wrote:I dont buy the covid excuse, every team has been dealing with that, its a menatality that this team has. They looked the same against the Bucks on Christmas as they did against the T Wolves g-league team a couple days later. They cant hold a lead and they cant overcome a manageable deficit towards the end of a game. That to me is coaching.
No doubt roster changes need to happen, id like to see the J's broken up, and sure the results could be different if health on the team was different. I dont think anything gets accomplished by firing a first year coach midseason when the team is mediocre to begin with. Give him a full year then reflect at the end. Coaching has a learning curve, perhaps he can figure it out.

The roster is not that bad, bro. Last year, we had way more holes than this and we've still not done well.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.

Return to Boston Celtics