ImageImageImage

Ime has got to go!

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Time for Ime to go?

1. Yes….right now!
26%
2)Maybe, but not right now.
17%
3 No, not even close to enough time to evaluate him.
45%
4. No way, love the guy.
12%

Total votes: 142

djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,221

Re: Ime has got to go! 

Post#61 » by djFan71 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:58 am

FlatearthZorro wrote:
djFan71 wrote:Ime is gonna look like such a good coach in January.

To me, even when the team's been healthy, we've not looked as good as I expected us to. It's not only the coach, but he's been extremely underwhelming for me. He's like a black, less versed in basketball Brad Stevens. Tatum is having the worst year of his b-ball career, Brown's been hurt and incosnsistent and we're 4 solid games behind the 5th team in the East the Cavs.. 8-)

I feel like the numbers with our full lineup and bench even minus Jaylen was pretty good. We just can't really afford to miss more than one or so of Smart/Brown/Tatum/Horford/Josh/Grant. It gets a LOT harder to win.

Plus December schedule has been brutal even pre-covid madness.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,973

Post#62 » by jfs1000d » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:49 am

This guy sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#63 » by return2glory » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:12 am

Just a reminder. Under Ime, this team has set history in a bad way. They are:

1. 0-3 to start the season at home. Worst start for any Celtic coach in their 75 year history.
2. Most 3s allowed in a game by any Celtic team(about a month ago to the Jazz).
3. Worst 3 point shooting game for Celtics in Celtic history and 2nd worst in NBA history (4 for 42 from).
rmal8852
Pro Prospect
And1: 929

Post#64 » by rmal8852 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:22 am

return2glory wrote:Just a reminder. Under Ime, this team has set history in a bad way. They are:

1. 0-3 to start the season at home. Worst start for any Celtic coach in their 75 year history.
3. Worst 3 point shooting game for Celtics in Celtic history or top 3 worst (4 for 42 from).

Yup……and this guy, Uchoka, continues to do the same thing, OVER, and OVER, and OVER, and OVER again, expecting a different result!!!

What’s that called, now?

Get rid of the bum.
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,025

Post#65 » by Ben-N1ce » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:37 am

return2glory wrote:Just a reminder. Under Ime, this team has set history in a bad way. They are:

3. Worst 3 point shooting game for Celtics in Celtic history or top 3 worst (4 for 42 from).

So you want to get rid of a record breaking coach :crazy:
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,389

Post#66 » by Triple7 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:20 am

I’m sure Imeh would find a way to blame something for this loss. Hahahaha
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,961

Post#67 » by Shak_Celts » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:25 am

Triple7 wrote:I’m sure Imeh would find a way to blame something for this loss. Hahahaha

he said what everyone is saying. the shots were wide open and the guys who drive were out. what else could he say? we held them to 91pts (made mistakes on kennard).
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,196

Post#68 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:31 am

Off-topic but Brad Stevens was underappreciated. That's all.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#69 » by return2glory » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:58 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:Off-topic but Brad Stevens was underappreciated. That's all.

Very. I had him as a top 5 coach in the league for most of his years as coach of the Celtics.

In his short time at Butler, his run was amazing for a smaller school.
Dangit
Starter
And1: 1,921

Post#70 » by Dangit » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:15 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:Off-topic but Brad Stevens was underappreciated. That's all.

Brad Stevens is an amazing coach , absolutely phenomenal ... the hate was silly .... thus guy needs to go ... Go Get Cassel
Postby YouthMovement on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:09 pm

im 19 and i can say paul pierce ruined my childhood
Triple7
RealGM

Post#71 » by Triple7 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:33 am

Shak_Celts wrote:
Triple7 wrote:I’m sure Imeh would find a way to blame something for this loss. Hahahaha

he said what everyone is saying. the shots were wide open and the guys who drive were out. what else could he say? we held them to 91pts (made mistakes on kennard).

Well since the shots ain’t falling, he should have designed plays to get the ball inside. Oh wait, we don’t have any post up players lol. Rob can’t score on his own. Al has been on a horrible shooting slump and won’t post up anymore. The thing is, we don’t have an offensive system in place. Nobody is cutting inside. Ime is focused solely on defense. All they do on offense, was swing the ball while everybody is standing in the 3pt line. Awful ugly offense.
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#72 » by BillessuR6 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:49 am

When a guy says that his strength is relating to players and that pretty much any coach can do Xs and Os, you know he has no clue...

It is going to be a long few season before this guy is fired...
Zeroforwinger
Junior
And1: 414

Post#73 » by Zeroforwinger » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:19 pm

I mean, I’m not saying he’s a good coach but your reasons only represent 5 games. And those things are much more on the players than the coach.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,993

Post#74 » by cl2117 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:56 pm

The issue I've got with Ime is less to do with his late game mistakes or rotations or anything like that. It's that I was expecting him, rightly or wrongly, to be some sort of Jay whisperer. Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick, but I thought he was heralded as a guy who wasn't going to get tuned out and was going to be able to break through to these guys where Brad simply wasn't able to.

Haven't seen that yet. Feels like deja vue with a lot of the mistakes we see from Jaylen/Jayson. And we obviously don't see everything, but I haven't seen anything that gives me hope that he's on the verge of being that guy.

The whole reason Brad was "needed" to be moved off the bench was that he was seemingly getting ignored as noise when it came to trying to get these guys to listen to the tough conversations. Great X's and O's, but not the leader they needed. This season it's feeling like we have neither.

Such a tough year to try to evaluate with all the COVID roster issues and things just not breaking our way in general, so I'm not going to entertain the idea of getting rid of Ime. That being said I also want to see some progress. I want to see Ime connect with these guys and see some change.

I'm just an arm chair basketball coach, but I don't understand why we don't see coaches go to extremes more often. Tell Smart I literally do not want you to shoot all, just pass the ball. Not forever, but just for a game or two so he can get the feel for what being a pure PG is like. Run sets with literally just Jayson/Jaylen playing a two-man game/high pick and roll and just run it 10 times in a row good or bad. Let these guys understand how they can benefit from the other one being on the court more than just drawing attention away. Set them the goal of having double digit assists for a game. **** the score just focus on getting guys involved. Have Timelord take some jumpers, let him feel what its like to not be so one-dimensional offensively. Try something new. What do you have to lose?

And on the other end of the spectrum hold these guys accountable in a Belichickian way. If Tatum/Brown are icing guys out, pull them off the court. Throw Nesmith/Langford in and sit next to the Jays and explain why they can't play that way. Don't let bad basketball stand, don't wait until things get worse to call them out. Hold these guys accountable even if it means playing Brodric Thomas and Bruno. Set some goals/standards and when they're not being met, have consequences. Make them earn their court time.

Sure our record will take a hit, but we're already losing more than we're winning. Who gives a **** if we let them play the wrong way and have a .500 record as opposed to forcing them to play the right way and having a .400 record. At least we're building towards something in the latter scenario.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
Fantaxp7
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,601

Post#75 » by Fantaxp7 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:26 pm

My dream scenario is Brad steps in as head coach either full time or until he can find someone legit.
Triple7
RealGM

Post#76 » by Triple7 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:57 pm

This article is spot on.
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,275

Post#77 » by Marvel » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:07 pm

Ime sucks.

There's your sig right there. Thank me now.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,624

Post#78 » by Fencer reregistered » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:34 pm

Are any of Popovich's former minions good NBA head coaches?
(Note: Kerr never actually coached for Popovich prior to Team USA)

Analogy: Are any of Belichick's former minions good NFL head coaches?
(Note: I phrased that so as to exclude Saban's great success in college.)
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,429

Post#79 » by playa-hater » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:07 pm

Triple7 wrote:Image

This article is spot on.

this article gets these ideas from me.. been there done that! :nod:
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,196

Post#80 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:44 pm

Social Media Update: Boston fans have yet to be pushed over the edge. Still keeping it classy in their comments to Nia Long's IG posts. (I don't think Ime himself has a public social media account.) Remember when Gordon's wife got constantly barraged by nasty comments and harassed by Cs fans? (Though her political affiliation may also have something to do with that apart from Hayward's perceived underwhelming performance and constant injuries.)

Return to Boston Celtics