ImageImageImage

Last Train to Celticsville Trade Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,927

Re: Last Train to Celticsville Trade Thread 

Post#1581 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:26 pm

Read on Twitter
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,862

Post#1582 » by Larry_Russell » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:26 pm

chrisab123 wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'd deal 2 2nds for him. A real rotation player that would help ASAP.

Eric gordon doesnt carry a first round poick value imo.

Houston would do well to just relieve salary obligations of having him on the roster.

edit: Now that I look it appears like his salary in 2023 non-guaranteed, fully guaranteed for All-Star team or 500 min (reg)/750 (reg/playoffs) + HOU Championship (@Wojnarowski) (@BobbyMarks)

Chances of a fulfilling the obligations for the completion is slim imo. And his value should be at its highest in regards to a contract next deadline.

Horford, 2-2nds for Gordon and Theis makes alot of sense to me.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#1583 » by ddb » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:31 pm

Few things in response to Jay King's piece with Brad Stevens.

-Sure doesn't seem like Stevens has any appetite whatsoever so move Brown or Tatum in any sort of deal. I don't blame him.
-Celtics thrilled with Timelords progress. Doesn't seem like Center is a position they are looking to improve.
-shooting, shooting, shooting. if there's a deal it's likely going to be for a shooter (thank goodness)
-the rest is essentially a whole lot about nothing.
Celts17Pride
RealGM

Post#1584 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:31 pm

Not saying the Celtics should reacquire Theis but I never understood why the Houston Rockets signed Theis to a 3 year deal.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#1585 » by ddb » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:09 pm

Celts17Pride wrote:Not saying the Celtics should reacquire Theis but I never understood why the Houston Rockets signed Theis to a 3 year deal.

I just think they like him as a complimentary piece and were able to snag him at a reasonable price tag over the next few years. My guess is when they signed him they figured he would either be a nice rotation piece and/or a solid rotation player that a contender may be willing to offer a young player or pick for considering he won't be a rental.
Celts17Pride
RealGM

Post#1586 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:10 pm

ddb wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:Not saying the Celtics should reacquire Theis but I never understood why the Houston Rockets signed Theis to a 3 year deal.

I just think they like him as a complimentary piece and were able to snag him at a reasonable price tag over the next few years. My guess is when they signed him they figured he would either be a nice rotation piece and/or a solid rotation player that a contender may be willing to offer a young player or pick for considering he won't be a rental.

I am expecting Gordon, Wood and Theis to be traded at the deadline. Keep getting picks and young players until the John Wall situation is over.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,544

Post#1587 » by playa-hater » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:14 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:How can Wall be a really nice guy and a horrible influence? He's a heroin addict and a sweetheart?

Probably holds parties with sex, drugs, and alcohol even on game nights but is a terrific host.

this made me really LOL.. 30 seconds later still LOLing..
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#1588 » by playa-hater » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:16 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:Celtics would also like two first-rounders and a young prospect for Juancho Hernangomez.

Lorde you are on a roll this morning.. guessing pre-game excitement??
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#1589 » by playa-hater » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:18 pm

thebirdman wrote:Bryn Forbes is a guy that could help this team...he can really shoot, not much else but I am sure he would get minutes over Nesmith, Langford...

in other words, he gets 5 mins per game??
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#1590 » by playa-hater » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:26 pm

*If we are still trying to make a real run in the playoffs, but not willing to make a all-in trade of draft assets etc.. I like H Barnes more than most players possible. Still feel he would compliment the Js the most. Scoring and shooting but not ball dominant. Switchable defender. Valuable playoff experience (though not recently) good character. And what Ime seems to like, a good veteran presence.

The only question is, how do we get him, without giving up "too much draft assets" ??
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#1591 » by GoGreen » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:36 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:
GoGreen wrote:Josh Hart's a guy that hasn't gotten much burn here for discussion. Idk what it would take to get him, but he can shoot, defend, moves the ball, plays hard. Would be a real nice addition under the TPE.

Nice player, but why would they trade him? All I've got is like, Nesmith to Boston, Josh to a third team, third team sends asset to NOP. Don't think we can trade Richardson anyway.

Pels might blow it up, is my guess. Things are getting stale there with Zion being checked out.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,315

Post#1592 » by chrisab123 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:34 pm

GoGreen wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:
GoGreen wrote:Josh Hart's a guy that hasn't gotten much burn here for discussion. Idk what it would take to get him, but he can shoot, defend, moves the ball, plays hard. Would be a real nice addition under the TPE.

Nice player, but why would they trade him? All I've got is like, Nesmith to Boston, Josh to a third team, third team sends asset to NOP. Don't think we can trade Richardson anyway.

Pels might blow it up, is my guess. Things are getting stale there with Zion being checked out.

Zion needs to be traded. He's enjoying that good New Orleans food too much.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,696

Post#1593 » by return2glory » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:41 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:How can Wall be a really nice guy and a horrible influence? He's a heroin addict and a sweetheart?

Something like that but no drugs involved. Without bashing him, he is a good person with a bad habit. Let's say if teammates get together off the court, he is elsewhere.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,696

Post#1594 » by return2glory » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:46 pm

ddb wrote:Few things in response to Jay King's piece with Brad Stevens.

-Sure doesn't seem like Stevens has any appetite whatsoever so move Brown or Tatum in any sort of deal. I don't blame him.
-Celtics thrilled with Timelords progress. Doesn't seem like Center is a position they are looking to improve.
-shooting, shooting, shooting. if there's a deal it's likely going to be for a shooter (thank goodness)

He won't come out and say it, but it's coaching, coaching and coaching or lack thereof.

He have shooters on this team. Pritchard, Nesmith and Hauser. The problem is Ime doesn't play them. Ime only plays 7 guys.
If we trade for a shooter, he has to be a vet that can shoot and also play some defense or he won't see the court other than when we are getting blown out.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,996

Post#1595 » by cl2117 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:17 pm

Andrew McCeltic wrote:
Ed Pinkney wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:Who do you think we'd get for Horford?

Absolutely no idea, but to be honest I would be VERY surprised if the Celtics traded him before the off season unless a big fish became available.

It makes sense to keep him for the summer to see what's out there for his expiring. But: A. what if there's a deal to take some/all of his money off the books now and even return some value? Like, Nurkic/Covington or Nurkic/Nance, Gary Harris/Bamba for Al/Nesmith.. Al/Schroeder to Utah for Ingles and Clarkson. B. what if there's a deal for an expensive guy who makes more of a short-term impact? Like Portland offers McCollum, or Sacramento gives up Bagley/Hield..

I think it makes more sense to move him ASAP for whatever you can get. The cliff has come for Horford and he's falling hard. Down in every statistical category, ain't getting any better and he's not he vocal locker room presence that you'd want.

I'd take longer money (within reason) if they can actually contribute something. Al's trajectory is only one direction: down. If we could get another bad contract that even had the remote possibility of balancing out over time, I'd jump on it (again within reason).

The only bright spot with Horford is that he's not really blocking any development for other guys on the team given what we've got on the roster, but that really is the only bright spot these days.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Post#1596 » by Larry_Russell » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:21 pm

Horford and NEsmith for Buddy and Bagley seems like a deal that could happen to me.
GoGreen
Analyst

Post#1597 » by GoGreen » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:26 pm

How about Horf and our pick in the offseason for Brogdan? Smart and Juancho for Bogi. We get shooting and a real PG. Nab Theis from the Rockets and see if we can get one more shooter (would love Josh Hart), then we're in business

Brogdan/Pritch
Hart/Bogi
JB/Nesmith
JT/Grant
Rob/Theis
Larry_Russell
General Manager

Post#1598 » by Larry_Russell » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:30 pm

GoGreen wrote:How about Horf and our pick in the offseason for Brogdan? Smart and Juancho for Bogi. We get shooting and a real PG. Nab Theis from the Rockets and see if we can get one more shooter, then we're in business

I think Bogi is not worth smart. IF you deal smart perhaps Barnes is a more fitting return

We need to do something before season is over and lost though. If we know we can get Brogdan in the offseason, then I would gladly "rest"tatum and brown alot this season as well as horford and let the young kids play themselves over the hump.

but if we have no shot in him I am not wasting the year.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,315

Post#1599 » by chrisab123 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:54 pm

return2glory wrote:
ddb wrote:Few things in response to Jay King's piece with Brad Stevens.

He won't come out and say it, but it's coaching, coaching and coaching or lack thereof.

He have shooters on this team. Pritchard, Nesmith and Hauser. The problem is Ime doesn't play them. Ime only plays 7 guys.
If we trade for a shooter, he has to be a vet that can shoot and also play some defense or he won't see the court other than when we are getting blown out.

Ime hasn't been good, thats a given, but why is this all on him? Everyone does understand that this team finished .500 last year and there was a legit chance they were going to get bounced in the play in game. This is the same team that got waxed vs Brooklyn. They don't care to play with each other anymore. You literally need to trade everyone other than Tatum/Brown and get the ball rolling on doing so.
GoGreen
Analyst

Post#1600 » by GoGreen » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:13 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:
GoGreen wrote:How about Horf and our pick in the offseason for Brogdan? Smart and Juancho for Bogi. We get shooting and a real PG. Nab Theis from the Rockets and see if we can get one more shooter, then we're in business

I think Bogi is not worth smart. IF you deal smart perhaps Barnes is a more fitting return

We need to do something before season is over and lost though. If we know we can get Brogdan in the offseason, then I would gladly "rest"tatum and brown alot this season as well as horford and let the young kids play themselves over the hump.

but if we have no shot in him I am not wasting the year.

If you can get Barnes for Smart, that's a no brainer. I don't think they'd do it, though. Kings already have a younger Smart type in Mitchell.

Return to Boston Celtics