ImageImageImage

Brooklyn NOTS! BIG Game 2 WIN vs Nets 4/20 (Boston leads series 2-0)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who smokes the big cigar?

Tatum
5%
Brown
39%
Smart
3%
Horf
6%
Theis
No votes
Pritchard
7%
Grant
16%
White
No votes
Other/Coach/Team
24%

Total votes: 140

zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,842

Re: Brooklyn NOTS! BIG Game 2 WIN vs Nets 4/20 (Boston leads series 2-0) 

Post#221 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:18 am

Read on Twitter

Defense in the 4th was scary good.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#222 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:36 am

Minor detail but when Kyrie left and exited the court, it could've been prayer time. Isn't he observing Ramadan? I legit thought guy was hurt or something cos we didn't see same aggressiveness from game 1.

EDIT: Never mind. They mentioned fasting in the TNT broadcast. I watched the Cs broadcast live and they left that out.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#223 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:32 am

The "useless" Theis tripled up Drummond's points and outrebounded him. Made 7/7 from 2-pt area while getting the weakest foul calls on him. He's not mobile enough to get switched on guards and shouldn't be dropping against shooters but that's partly coaches' fault. And his teammates should really help him with the boards, he's not Timelord. While him and Drummond are wrestling inside, our wings are getting outhustled and Nets are just swooping in to grab the ball. (Not as much in the 2nd half.)
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,315

Post#224 » by chrisab123 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:37 am

The difference in the 2nd half was twofold. The first half this team looked like it flat out quit. Whatever Ime said to them in the 2nd half worked. This team started beating the **** out of the Nets on defense. The defense they played last night in the 2nd half is the closest that the NBA will allow teams to play these days. It was like a bad boys light. Good to see.

PP was the spark in the 4th. If he doesn't play, the Celtics are going to Brooklyn with a tied series.
Fantaxp7
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,613

Post#225 » by Fantaxp7 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:56 am

That game was about as satisfying as the first. Holy crap though what a turn around and amazing game when you look at the stats. My heart can't take these games.

One bit of "good" news (good as in I don't wish harm on any player) Middleton with an injury may prolong the Bucks-Bulls series and give us some Rob Williams healing time.

It feels like the past few post seasons other teams get fortunate to play less than 100% teams including us...KNOCKS THE EFF ON WOOD....hopefully we get to be that team.

I am already thinking about a match up with the Heat...getting wayyyy too ahead of myself...but if they remain healthy and we reach the ECF it could be a blood bath unless we get Rob back to play at even 90%.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,861

Post#226 » by Larry_Russell » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:56 am

The Comedian wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
Celts17Pride wrote:I have to rewatch the game but I would say 75-80% Tatum, 20-25% Brown but I could be wrong

Nba.com will have the tracking data tomorrow morning, but regardless, the team did incredible on KD tonight. I thought in game 1 he missed a lot of shots he usually hits, but tonight? That was SMOTHERING defense.

Tatum defended Durant on 45 possessions, 4 points on 0-7 shooting, with 0 assists and 3 turnovers. He defended Kyrie for 9 possessions and allowed 2 points on 1-1 shooting.

Jaylen defended KD for 10 possessions, 6 points on 2-5 shooting, and a turnover. Defended Kyrie for 15 possessions, 2 points on 1-2 shooting.

Not bad lol.

That our 2 best offensive players also try so hard to be our 2 best defensive players is incredible.
BrianFitz
Rookie
And1: 1,510

Post#227 » by BrianFitz » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:58 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:Btw, this deserves to be stickied for eternal shame and humiliation. Lol

Spoiler:
Jaqua92 wrote:Game is over, and I'm sorry for those who weren't objective enough to recognize this in the first quarter.

Kyrie and KD doing what they want against the #1 defense.

Tatum hasn't hit a shot all game. Brown is useless. Nets defense is locked in when it matters and they are dominating and in complete control of this game.

Coming back to Boston down 3-1 is more realistic than us stealing one in Brooklyn.

Team wasnt ready tonight, the better team with the better player was.

And that's the game. See ya'll in Brooklyn.

Rob is the DPOY btw.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Kid loves the trash takes - he should see if department of sanitation is hiring
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#228 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:58 am

Re-watching the game and Grant made at least a dozen plays late 3rd and 4th, some of which don't appear in the box score, but helped tremendously in the comeback. His smarts, sneaky size, and physicality make him a really impactful role player.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#229 » by MagicBagley18 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:12 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:The "useless" Theis tripled up Drummond's points and outrebounded him. Made 7/7 from 2-pt area while getting the weakest foul calls on him. He's not mobile enough to get switched on guards and shouldn't be dropping against shooters but that's partly coaches' fault. And his teammates should really help him with the boards, he's not Timelord. While him and Drummond are wrestling inside, our wings are getting outhustled and Nets are just swooping in to grab the ball. (Not as much in the 2nd half.)

I was killing theis in the first half lol. Probably because i was so pissed about the games start. I was wrong tho and in the 2nd half he really was good
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,433

Post#230 » by shackles10 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:16 pm

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:Btw, this deserves to be stickied for eternal shame and humiliation. Lol

Spoiler:
Jaqua92 wrote:Game is over, and I'm sorry for those who weren't objective enough to recognize this in the first quarter.

Kyrie and KD doing what they want against the #1 defense.

Tatum hasn't hit a shot all game. Brown is useless. Nets defense is locked in when it matters and they are dominating and in complete control of this game.

Coming back to Boston down 3-1 is more realistic than us stealing one in Brooklyn.

Team wasnt ready tonight, the better team with the better player was.

And that's the game. See ya'll in Brooklyn.

Rob is the DPOY btw.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Freezing cold take!
radcot
General Manager
And1: 11,466

Post#231 » by radcot » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:16 pm

I have to watch these games on replay. Just too old to take the stress live -- although I can think of worse ways to go than watching the C's make their way to a 'ship.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM

Post#232 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:19 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:The "useless" Theis tripled up Drummond's points and outrebounded him. Made 7/7 from 2-pt area while getting the weakest foul calls on him. He's not mobile enough to get switched on guards and shouldn't be dropping against shooters but that's partly coaches' fault. And his teammates should really help him with the boards, he's not Timelord. While him and Drummond are wrestling inside, our wings are getting outhustled and Nets are just swooping in to grab the ball. (Not as much in the 2nd half.)

I was killing theis in the first half lol. Probably because i was so pissed about the games start. I was wrong tho and in the 2nd half he really was good

Pretty much everyone sucked in the 1st half except Horford and Grant. Theis was unfairly getting most of the ire I felt lol. That type of production, however awkwardly it comes, would be welcome for a 4th big on any team. Make no mistake, I can't wait for Timelord to come back but Theis is holding his own in the meantime.
BrianFitz
Rookie

Post#233 » by BrianFitz » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:19 pm

Afam wrote:Only way Kyrie redeems himself is by retiring with the Celtics. Can’t say you are going to re-sign with a team and then leave them afterwards and expect to be admired. He need to find a way to make amends and that’s by finding a way to come back to the Celtics and contribute in a positive way.

sarcasm?
BrianFitz
Rookie

Post#234 » by BrianFitz » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:23 pm

fallguy wrote:
makubesu wrote:These Nets games are a GRIND, and even if we were to sweep I think every game is going to be hard. I’m impressed with the toughness of our guys, they weren’t spooked by the task of coming back because they know it’s a 48 minute game. A lot of playoff experience on this team, and it’s paying dividends. Hopefully PP and Williams are absorbing it and repeat those performances on the road.

It was an organizational fail to not throw that last game to Memphis (and the Grizz reserves played hard - we would have lost). We'll win this series but we're putting miles on everyone, especially our bigs. Not good.

I don't agree. And I don't get this take. So if you are conceding that Boston will win this series ... which is far from over ... but you say in your post that the Cs will win. Better to have given up home court in the 2nd round? This makes no sense. At all.

And besides - it's the playoffs. Every series should be expected to be a grind regardless of your opponent. The second a team thinks they can take a break against an opponent in a 7 game series is the time they get the doors blown off.

If a team has championship asperations they take on all comers in front of them. Period. Duck nobody.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,433

Post#235 » by shackles10 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:25 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:Hang this in Springfield if we win the title.
Read on Twitter

I’m not quite cocky enough to make it into a t-shirt already
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#236 » by ddb » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:29 pm

Awesome win!! My notes below.

-I thought defensively the Celtics were special. Refs called a tight game which was frustrating at times, but overall the Celtics made it an absolute nightmare for KD/Kyrie.

-Grant/Horford/Pritchard/Theis played outstanding. Can't say enough good things about how these guys played.

-I thought for a night when Tatum/Brown weren't lighting it up offensively, that they played really well. Super encouraging that these guys are finding ways to contribute to winning, even when they aren't lighting it up. Excellent defense, facilitating, and ultimately stepped up the scoring when it mattered the most

-I LOVE Ime and how he goes with the flow of the game. He kept Marcus on the bench for an extended period in the 4th because Pritchard was playing well and the team was on a run. Ime has grown up so fast as a head coach. Is he special??? The next great coach? The signs are everywhere.

Overall, you can't ask for any more through 2 games. Up 2-0 with a chance to split in BK, then close it out at home. The series is FAR FROM OVER. BK is absolutely capable of winning both home games to nod up the series. HUGE test for this Celts team coming up to win at least 1 in BK.
Knock on wood, and not to put the cart before the horse, but we need to keep an eye on that Middleton MCL injury as well. If he's out for a few games that opens things up for a potential upset. Just throwing it out there. If the Bulls can knock off the Bucks that's HUGE for everyone else in the East.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#237 » by Feed Your Head » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:37 pm

Through two games

Al- 18/11 on a 72% TS
Tatum 25/5/9 on a 58% TS
Jaylen 23/5/5 on a 54% TS (two huge 4th quarters)
Smart 16/4/6 on a 56% TS

All while defending their asses off lol. Tatum has defended KD/Kyrie for around 100 possessions through the two games, 80ish on KD.

When Rob comes back, watch the hell out.
Scoonie
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,787

Post#238 » by Scoonie » Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:48 pm

Playoff Al has been fantastic.
Dogen wrote:Celtics win despite Smart having -1 points for the game.
TheSheriff
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,229

Post#239 » by TheSheriff » Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:16 pm

Scoonie wrote:Playoff Al has been fantastic.

You want Al Horford in the playoffs. He is such a key cog in this team.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#240 » by Feed Your Head » Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:17 pm

JB’s face :lol:

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=E88ldk3oLibs091XO9_70A

Return to Boston Celtics