ImageImageImage

A Net is a Bunch of Holes Sewn Together! BIG Game 3 WIN vs BK 4/23 (Celts lead 3-0)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who Smokes the Big cigar?

Tatum
63%
Brown
22%
Smart
1%
Horf
No votes
Rob
1%
Theis
No votes
Grant
1%
Pritchard
3%
White
No votes
Other/Coach/Team
9%

Total votes: 148

jordb2k7
Pro Prospect
And1: 890

Re: A Net is a Bunch of Holes Sewn Together! BIG Game 3 WIN vs BK 4/23 (Celts lead 3-0) 

Post#181 » by jordb2k7 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:40 am

LikeABosh wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

About to be 143-1

Spoiler:
because Embiid and Harden will lose to the Raptors :P

You had me at first :lol: :lol:
Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Re: A Net is a Bunch of Holes Sewn Together! BIG Game 3 WIN vs BK 4/23 (Celts lead 3-0) 

Post#182 » by Ill News » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:00 am

Jaylen is slowly turning into the King of the 4th. He smelled blood when he saw Blake was on hik and just repeatedly attacked him. Nails.

But VC goes to Tatum. What a damn superstar. He was aggressive from the get-go, and he just never let up all game all the way to 39 points. He played with the urgency that KD should've had in this game.

Speaking of KD, the man seems like he's forgotten how to play basketball. He looks like he's having an existential crisis out there. Our defense has taken his soul lol
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 38,354

Post#183 » by PierceFan4ever » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:06 am

Ill News wrote:Jaylen is slowly turning into the King of the 4th. He smelled blood when he saw Blake was on hik and just repeatedly attacked him. Nails.

But VC goes to Tatum. What a damn superstar. He was aggressive from the get-go, and he just never let up all game all the way to 39 points. He played with the urgency that KD should've had in this game.

Speaking of KD, the man seems like he's forgotten how to play basketball. He looks like he's having an existential crisis out there. Our defense has taken his soul lol

Jaylen has made the biggest and most crucial plays of the series throughout. Whenever we needed something to happen offensively when we sometimes go in some ugly droughts it’s JB that ignites the run. He is as good of a #2 you could ask for Tatum so far these playoffs.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,996

Post#184 » by 31to6 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:13 am

Ill News wrote:Jaylen is slowly turning into the King of the 4th. He smelled blood when he saw Blake was on hik and just repeatedly attacked him. Nails.

The young kings are here for KD and he knows it. He’s staring at his basketball mortality, while it bodies him the **** up and heads the other way with the ball.

I’m guessing most of us posters have been there:). It’s not particularly fun

Everyone said he could win a game on his own so let’s see if it’s the next one. Otherwise, maybe he can have some meetings with guys like Kelly Olynyk this summer.
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Ill News
General Manager

Post#185 » by Ill News » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:30 am

PierceFan4ever wrote:

Jaylen has made the biggest and most crucial plays of the series throughout. Whenever we needed something to happen offensively when we sometimes go in some ugly droughts it’s JB that ignites the run. He is as good of a #2 you could ask for Tatum so far these playoffs.

He and Tatum are turning into real killers. They're absolute men now. It's been so satisfying to see their growth.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,996

Post#186 » by 31to6 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:31 am

I voted “team” because Shak taught me to and that **** works, it’s like the 2022 unbuntu:)
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,680

Post#187 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:31 am

Fierce1 wrote:Rob, Al, and Theis could be the best defensive big man trio in the NBA today.

As long as Love is Cleveland's third big, I can't think of any serious competitors ...

... other than Rob/Al/Grant, of course.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
moonie_mcgee
Starter
And1: 1,794

Post#188 » by moonie_mcgee » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:32 am

I thought Grant and Pritch were huge.
This team's motor is so admirable.
The Horford trade was grade A magic.
The Theis and KWhite trades were spot on.
Love this team yo.
That's the Way of the World
moonie_mcgee
Starter
And1: 1,794

Post#189 » by moonie_mcgee » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:41 am

Ill News wrote:
PierceFan4ever wrote:

He and Tatum are turning into real killers. They're absolute men now. It's been so satisfying to see their growth.

Agree with all 3. JB made maybe 3 mistakes with his handle or hands BUT he didn't dwell on it and closed out the 4th. JB has improved so much over the years. Brilliant transformation. Handles Stroke Rim. Bing Bang Boom. Love it!
That's the Way of the World
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,825

Post#190 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:50 am

Just watching Kyrie struggle and lose against us is making me giddy. Jayson locking up KD while having a statline of 39-6-6-5 is ****' crazy. Guy is going to be a MVP and a champion.
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,327

Post#191 » by Infinite Llamas » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:55 am

Tatum best American player in the NBA official now
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
keevsnick1
Veteran
And1: 4,069

Post#192 » by keevsnick1 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:56 am

Fundamentally there have only every been three questions that matter for the Celtics:

1) Is Tatum good enough to be a #1 true superstar.
2) Is Brown good enough to be a #2 star player.
3) Can you find the right players around those guys to maximize them as contenders.

So far the answers look to be yes, yes and yes.

Tatum has been a superstar so far this series. He's been the best player in the series in just about every phase of the game. Does everything. Not really much more to say.

Brown has come through in every 4th quarter so far. Tatum's playing like 42+ minutes a game and whenever he's needed a breather Brown has taken over and held down the fort. Great defense, timely passing, can run the offense in pinch, attack mismatches, or play off your star. Perfect #2.

The rest of the team has done their job. the defense is just machine like at this point. Everybody can defend everywhere, they move on a string, there is no weak points and they collectively move the ball well. Great mix.

This team just picks each other up. For example, Tatum had a legendary performance tonight. But there was clearly a stretch in the 4th quarter where he was gassed. He played all but like 10 seconds of the second half. So Jaylen Brown just goes out there scores 9 and sets up that Tatum three to keep them afloat. Then Tatum comes back and closes the door. Game before that it was Grant/Pritchard. Game 1 it was Horford.

They could really win it all. Some tough series ahead, but its possible.
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,351

Post#193 » by Red2 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:12 am

Wow! Just Wow! Ho Celts!!!!
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,680

Post#194 » by Fencer reregistered » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:16 am

keevsnick1 wrote:

Some tough series ahead

Of course. The next series will be against a team that just won a series itself. The one after that will be against a team that just won two straight. And the Finals will be against a team that just won three series in a row. :)
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
GreenBloodedC
RealGM
And1: 14,436

Post#195 » by GreenBloodedC » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:39 am

TheMartian wrote:Love how Al seems to have found the fountain of youth at age 35. I really thought he was done after seeing him on the Sixers.

I haven't followed Al in OKC. Apparently he was too good that they needed to sit him so OKC can tank.
Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,698

Post#196 » by Tatumfor2 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:54 am

Can we start shooting league average from 3?

*Debbie Downer Gif*
Win it for Al!!! :pray:
makubesu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,781

Post#197 » by makubesu » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:18 am

How embarrassing must this be for Nets fans? Down 6 with ~35 seconds left, there is only one strategy of you have KD: go 2 for 1 and have him hit those threes. But instead they got 1 free throw from Bruce Brown. That last KD-Kyrie turn over should be contrasted with Curry who hit a garbage time 3 off the dribble. Apparently their role guys have the guts to shoot but not their stars.
Ill News
General Manager

Post#198 » by Ill News » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:23 am

GreenBloodedC wrote:
TheMartian wrote:Love how Al seems to have found the fountain of youth at age 35. I really thought he was done after seeing him on the Sixers.

I haven't followed Al in OKC. Apparently he was too good that they needed to sit him so OKC can tank.

It also speaks to how terrible Philly is that they never figured out how to use him properly...that was the only destination where he was unable to play well. His sister was right all along, no wonder Philly fans hate her :lol:
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,235

Post#199 » by LewisnotMiller » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:44 am

Edug27 wrote:The craziest part in all this is we drafted both Tatum and Brown with Nets picks.

Hearing less noise these days about how Boston 'blew' their warchest with not much to show...
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,235

Post#200 » by LewisnotMiller » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:51 am

31to6 wrote:

I’m guessing most of us posters have been there:). It’s not particularly fun

I've always been a little streaky offensively, but I was a pretty lockdown defender in my younger years. Anyone from small, quick guards upto decent sized wings. My team would regularly play junk defences with me on lockdown duty, and I would love seeing really good players...much better than me...just quit because of the grind.

Then one day a guy blew past me. Didn't ankle break me, just blew past. So I trailed to get the block from behind and he just elevated...couldn't get there. Of course, guys had beaten me before, but this felt different. We had to go back to a normal defence...I couldn't cover him. They weren't even setting picks.

I had plenty of good defensive games after that, but against the very best? Meh. Felt my mortality.

Return to Boston Celtics