ImageImageImage

Challenge, should you choose to take it

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,932

Re: Challenge, should you choose to take it 

Post#41 » by Larry_Russell » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:12 pm

flintsky21 wrote:I wanna focus on the the realistic targets. So mostly end of the bench guys or could be had for not much cost, so no Anunoby or Miles Bridges. :cry: I'll also be focusing on a wing backup, given that would be somewhat of the only need left if Boston was to bring back the entire core.

Atlanta - Kevin Knox - I always thought he had some potential because of his length and somewhat decent rookie year. Maybe watching and practicing with the Jays every day could do wonders for him.

Brooklyn - Come home, Bruce Brown! Probably a bit out of reach unless he himself wants to come to Boston.

Chicago - Coby White could be an odd man out for Chicago with Lonzo, Caruso, and Ayo. They're saying he's really bad on defense, but if 6'1" Pritchard could play decent enough defense to not hurt the team for 6-7 minute stretches, maybe something could also be done for 6'5" White. And obviously, 2 Whites are better than one.

Toronto - Isaac Bonga is 6'8" with a 7-foot wingspan that can handle the ball quite well for a big. And he's 22. There's got to be some intrigue in there, even if for a 13th guy, right?

New Orleans - Alvarado is so fun to watch. But NO is high on him so he's not gonna be available. But between CJ, Alvarado, and Graham (who would be hard to move), the odd PG out could be Kira Lewis, who was one of the guys I wanted to Boston to draft.

Denver - Oddly, I've wanted Austin Rivers to be a Celtic multiple times in the past. With Murray returning and a Hyland rising, Rivers could be out of the picture for Denver.

Cleveland - No realistic target stands out to me. OK. Maybe Rondo because why not?

Charlotte - Is Oubre into Fournier TPE doable?

San Antonio - I'd most defintely welcome back Josh Richardson if that's even possible. Heck, even Langford (who I always liked over Nesmith).

LA Clippers - Brandon Boston. Not just for the memes but because of that career game he had against Boston.

Bruce Brown for full MLE or Josh Richardson into the TPE for free makes the most sense at this point in time.
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,344

Post#42 » by hugepatsfan » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:39 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:
flintsky21 wrote:I wanna focus on the the realistic targets. So mostly end of the bench guys or could be had for not much cost, so no Anunoby or Miles Bridges. :cry: I'll also be focusing on a wing backup, given that would be somewhat of the only need left if Boston was to bring back the entire core.

Atlanta - Kevin Knox - I always thought he had some potential because of his length and somewhat decent rookie year. Maybe watching and practicing with the Jays every day could do wonders for him.

Brooklyn - Come home, Bruce Brown! Probably a bit out of reach unless he himself wants to come to Boston.

Chicago - Coby White could be an odd man out for Chicago with Lonzo, Caruso, and Ayo. They're saying he's really bad on defense, but if 6'1" Pritchard could play decent enough defense to not hurt the team for 6-7 minute stretches, maybe something could also be done for 6'5" White. And obviously, 2 Whites are better than one.

Toronto - Isaac Bonga is 6'8" with a 7-foot wingspan that can handle the ball quite well for a big. And he's 22. There's got to be some intrigue in there, even if for a 13th guy, right?

New Orleans - Alvarado is so fun to watch. But NO is high on him so he's not gonna be available. But between CJ, Alvarado, and Graham (who would be hard to move), the odd PG out could be Kira Lewis, who was one of the guys I wanted to Boston to draft.

Denver - Oddly, I've wanted Austin Rivers to be a Celtic multiple times in the past. With Murray returning and a Hyland rising, Rivers could be out of the picture for Denver.

Cleveland - No realistic target stands out to me. OK. Maybe Rondo because why not?

Charlotte - Is Oubre into Fournier TPE doable?

San Antonio - I'd most defintely welcome back Josh Richardson if that's even possible. Heck, even Langford (who I always liked over Nesmith).

LA Clippers - Brandon Boston. Not just for the memes but because of that career game he had against Boston.

Bruce Brown for full MLE or Josh Richardson into the TPE for free makes the most sense at this point in time.

Getting the full MLE for Brown would be really, really tough. Rough math but I think you need to do one of the following:

1) Waive Horford for his *$14.5M guarantee and stretch the dead money over 3 years (if we make the finals his salary is $19.5M guaranteed so add to the dead money, if we win it's fully guaranteed so this option probably wouldn't be feasible). Horford can't be re-signed if we stretch the dead money.

2) Salary dump Theis, salary dump Nesmith, waive Horford and convince him to re-sign for the bi-annual exception (like $4.7M I think)

I'm not sure Brown would even be in our playoff rotation when you play Brown/Tatum extended minutes. Certainly not worth costing ourselves a starter like Horford and I'll take Theis as depth at the 5 over Brown on the wings TBH.

I just don't have opening up the full MLE as viable for us.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,893

Post#43 » by Fencer reregistered » Fri May 13, 2022 10:47 pm

Given Rob's perennial issues with availability, should we want a direct backup for him in Nerlens Noel?
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 63,462

Post#44 » by Celts17Pride » Fri May 13, 2022 11:20 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:Given Rob's perennial issues with availability, should we want a direct backup for him in Nerlens Noel?

I think Noel would be a good TPE pickup from the Knicks depending on the price
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#45 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat May 14, 2022 12:08 am

nm
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#46 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat May 14, 2022 12:19 am

nm wrong thread
Fencer reregistered
RealGM

Post#47 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat May 14, 2022 12:20 am

nm

Return to Boston Celtics