ImageImageImage

BUCK A DUCK! Game 5 Loss 5/11 (MIL 3-2)

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,886

Re: BUCK A DUCK!!! Game 5 Loss 5/11 (MIL 3-2) 

Post#521 » by FlatearthZorro » Fri May 13, 2022 6:20 am

Captain_Caveman wrote:
FlatearthZorro wrote:
Captain_Caveman wrote:
Scapegoating Smart is the refuge of people who have never touched a ball in their lives. Ridiculous that people are still doing that after all these years of him being the heart and soul of this team and winning DPOY this year. Stop embarrassing yourselves lol.

FWIW, not only were those plays not even bad ones, we had already coughed up a 14-point lead to a superior team and were running on fumes late. The Bucks are defending champs for a reason and they made the plays when they needed to. Hats off.

You just can't take the last 3 posssesions and then 2 in game 3 was it or 1, when you're not that talented on offense. It is on the team as well, but these were awful plays, reminded me of last year, which I was starting to believe Smart overcame.

if you listen to Smart's explanation of the Jrue block play, he's saying that the inbound pass was supposed to go to Tatum, but that no one was moving. So he called for the ball because they had no timeouts and were on the verge of a 5-second violation. Replay all but confirms this. Tatum was standing motionless in the corner crosscourt with a defender right on him.

Read on Twitter

Again, bad excuse, 11.5 secs on the clock. You do not need to take a super hard contested shot, even if it goes. You have limitations on offense.
It is what it is, game is done. Kinda disappointed some of the bad traits fo Smart are showing again after a fairly good season for him.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,268

Re: BUCK A DUCK! Game 5 Loss 5/11 (MIL 3-2) 

Post#522 » by chrisab123 » Fri May 13, 2022 11:35 am

ConstableGeneva wrote:
chrisab123 wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:It may turn out that you're right but I remember you quit in... was that game 2 of the BKN series with Cs down 17 in the 1st half. Might not be the first instance of the sort all year. I think you quit too soon regardless of circumstance. Until Bucks have 4, not over.

Oh I sure did. They proved me wrong. Like I said I hope I'm wrong but I sadly don't think I am. My view has almost nothing to do with the team and more with the circumstances of what the league is going to do for game 6. Its going to be in Milwaukee and its going to be a heavily biased officiated game.

Tatum needs a LeBron Game 6 performance. Thats the only way this is happening.

Tatum's been owned by Giannis this series the way he owned KD in the 1st round. Giannis has made more of a stamp and is clearly the best player on the floor. Expected more out of Tatum in his 3rd year as the no.1. The way he settled in the home game that would have totally swung the series in our favor didn't sit well with me. Just disappointing.

Agreed. I think a LeBron Game 6 game from Tatum is due. I woke up feeling like things would work out today. Maybe that includes the Celtics lol
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,211

Post#523 » by TheMartian » Fri May 13, 2022 4:26 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:Series not yet over for me. Keep fighting.

But it appears we haven't matured yet. Even after several playoff losses. That 4th quarter was disgusting. We stopped playing and just tried to run out the clock. So stupid.

I HATE YOUR ISO BALL.

After calming down a bit, I would like to amend the statement in ALL CAPS. I don't hate iso ball per se. While I prefer ball movement and team ball, iso ball has a place in the game esp when the defenses dictate that it's your lone option late in the clock. Iso ball was what also got JB going in the 3rd. Iso ball against mismatches was what JT did late in game 4.

I didn't like that we settled for jumpers when floor has opened up for us playing smallball. Definitely not a fan of the slowdown offense with about 6-7 minutes left in the game, seemingly playing not to lose instead of continuing to play the way we got the lead in the first place. Why not continue to run your sets early? And have JT or JB iso-ing as a last resort late in the clock?

They simply let up and stopped playing.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,963

Post#524 » by jfs1000d » Fri May 13, 2022 4:35 pm

Marvel wrote:Agree. Looking back at the series now and with Middleton out the Cs should've ended the series in 5. There's something about this team that they always will come up short when it matters.

Boston lost game 3 and game 5 with leads in the final minute.

That is why they are on the doorstep of going home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#525 » by return2glory » Fri May 13, 2022 5:35 pm

Marvel wrote:Agree. Looking back at the series now and with Middleton out the Cs should've ended the series in 5. There's something about this team that they always will come up short when it matters.

They need that 3rd star or borderline star next to Tatum and Brown. Hopefully a big. Rob is Rob. Al is towards the near of his career. I like Grant but he is 6'6 with short arms and is asked to play PF or C. Theis barely gets 10 minute a game and that's with Rob being out.
BenoUdrihFTL
RealGM
And1: 23,486

Post#526 » by BenoUdrihFTL » Sat May 14, 2022 2:07 am

BenoUdrihFTL wrote:Tough loss Cs fans but as a neutral observer, you look like the better team this series. Milwaukee is incredibly offensively challenged and basically playing desperate for 48 mins a game. Celts just have to match that sustained focus/intensity

Road teams are 3-2 in this series so winning on the road Gm6 doesn't seem like that big of an ask

Udoka has to get Smart on a leash tho. I mean Jesus Christ

Just sayin

Go Celts
greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Post#527 » by greenroom31 » Sat May 14, 2022 2:17 am

greenroom31 wrote:Not joining the pity party. We nearly won both games in Milwaukee, so we know we can take game 6 and then get revenge in game 7.

From page 1. Let’s. ****. Go. !!!!!!!
gocelts
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,898

Post#528 » by gocelts » Sat May 14, 2022 3:03 am

return2glory wrote:
gocelts wrote:I knew this was possible....I didn't call it...but I suspected it. We got too high after beating them on Monday and having the lead in the 4th.

I would make the team watch that collapse 20 times before they play tomorrow. Just Piss them off so bad they come out and wack the Bucks tomorrow.

Usually it doesn't work that way. If you are blown out, then you come back pissed. When you lose close games, it's heartbreaking and can mentally defeat the losing team.

Being up 3-2 vs big down 2-3 is huge. Celtics let two chances at wins slip away. Boston should have already won this series.
The Bucks will most likely close it out tomorrow. Hope I'm wrong, but they don't want to come back to Boston for a game 7.

Ime is an unproven rookie coach. He was terrible his first 1 month. Bad in his second month. We were about .500 or below about half way throw the season. He was good to really good after that. Bating the Nets was big. Giving a series away to the Bucks, without Middleton won't look all that good, especially since this series should have been over already.

Glad you were wrong ;)
~gocelts
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#529 » by return2glory » Sat May 14, 2022 12:38 pm

gocelts wrote:
return2glory wrote:
gocelts wrote:I knew this was possible....I didn't call it...but I suspected it. We got too high after beating them on Monday and having the lead in the 4th.

I would make the team watch that collapse 20 times before they play tomorrow. Just Piss them off so bad they come out and wack the Bucks tomorrow.

Usually it doesn't work that way. If you are blown out, then you come back pissed. When you lose close games, it's heartbreaking and can mentally defeat the losing team.

Being up 3-2 vs big down 2-3 is huge. Celtics let two chances at wins slip away. Boston should have already won this series.
The Bucks will most likely close it out tomorrow. Hope I'm wrong, but they don't want to come back to Boston for a game 7.

Ime is an unproven rookie coach. He was terrible his first 1 month. Bad in his second month. We were about .500 or below about half way throw the season. He was good to really good after that. Bating the Nets was big. Giving a series away to the Bucks, without Middleton won't look all that good, especially since this series should have been over already.

Glad you were wrong ;)

Me too.

It's been a crazy series. Thought we would have won in game 5. Didn't like our chances in game 6. No comment for game 7 lol.
Captain_Caveman
RealGM
And1: 38,312

Post#530 » by Captain_Caveman » Sun May 15, 2022 10:33 pm

Unique wrote:
marson wrote:Thought you had it guys. I still think you guys win in 7.

Don't worry. We're coming for you. :lol: :lol:

LOL

Return to Boston Celtics