ImageImageImage

I'm In No Mood For a Stupid Thread Title! ECF Game 6 Loss 5/27 (TIED 3-3)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,148

Re: I'm In No Mood For a Stupid Thread Title! ECF Game 6 Loss 5/27 (TIED 3-3) 

Post#361 » by Hal14 » Sat May 28, 2022 6:52 pm

JR Hawks wrote:
Jaqua92 wrote:Popping in to say told you so. That with the finals on the line, to the core of his basketball nature...Marcus Smart is everything I've been telling you die hards he is for the last 4 years.

The ball didn't move because he searched his own shot. Momentum ended when he came back in.

Maybe we win game 7.

Goodbye!

Yup. Marcus Smart views himself as a scorer. Always has, always will. He's never going to be the facilitator and ballmover that this team desperately needs.

The only logical explanation for this comment is that last night's game is the first celtics game you watched all season.
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,927

Post#362 » by Celts17Pride » Sat May 28, 2022 6:53 pm

By the way, I would love to see Butler’s numbers with Marcus Smart guarding him in Game 6. Watching the game it seemed Butler was roasting him.

Smart isn’t 100% and I know he is DPOY but I think the Celtics need someone bigger on Jimmy Butler
Garbanzo
Junior
And1: 398

Post#363 » by Garbanzo » Sat May 28, 2022 7:11 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Garbanzo wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
We are playing the 1 seed, a 53 win team who had injuries or likely wins 56-58 games, arguably the best coach in basketball, has proven playoff experience and also home court advantage. They are a very good team. I think the Celtics will win the series but to act as if the heat aren’t in our class is a bit ridiculous.

You bring up the bucks without Middleton....we won the series. Did you watch another series we didn’t win? isn’t winning a series taking advantage? The bucks are a great team with Middleton and a very good one without him. They have a generational all time great player. I don’t see some clear advantage we have over them. Absolutely nothing wrong going 7 that series....again which we won. Very likely don’t win with Middleton playing...so we did in fact take advantage of that. Lol

You have zero clue what sets the heat or Celtics are running or what turnovers were and weren’t them trying to make a play. You are seeing what you want to see and creating a narrative. Turnovers in this series are bad period for both teams. The only place the Celtics were “clear” favorites is on this forum. The Celtics, bucks and heat are all very good teams and there’s not much difference between the 3 of them even though we beat milwaukee and imo will beat Miami.

Spare me with the body language stuff....this is just fan narrative where people here are body language experts. Miami beat us and played great- they deserve credit. Now let’s see how we respond. Was our body language bad when we came back from 13 down and took the lead? Or again when we’ve responded every single time this playoffs?

1. I have a degree in schycology (and economics). That field differs your opinion on "body language".
Body language is the way our body expresses emotions, to some theories those are also emotions we are not aware of.
I also had to understand the body language of people with mental disabilities for two whole years, because some of them were pathological liers.

Don't want to believe me? Don't trust me?
That's fine.
Hence the rob Williams getting out to shooters in this game, which you completely ignored. And off course, there are many other examples.

2. I was not saying the Bucks are not a good team without Middleton, I said that it made us clear favorites, hence the meltdown that made that series go 7 games. Please read more carefully.
I have also watched the Celtics lose a lot of games, and series in other playoffs, in which the Celtics overachieved when underdogs, and lose whenever considered favorites.

You may say the players, system and head coache are not the same, and that's a valid point.
I personally believe that any club has a DNA.
Look at Butler and the heat hit ridiculous shots in this game. 47 from Butler, many on jumpers, from a streaky shooter.
Does that remind you of LeBron's 45 point game, with some difficult, steph curry distance shots that went in, from a streaky shooter back then?
Social psychology does back that up, will elaborate if you are interested.

3. You telling me that I see what I want to see is not news to me. Do you think you are immune to that?
For the love of whatever you believe in, please read the writings of Karl Popper.

But I do think that watching a sum of of 98 Celtics games prior to this one, some of them I have watched more then once, gives me a good idea about the Celtics's sets.
I am not an expert, neither are you, I have "zero clue" is not only offensive, it falls under the ad hominem principle. You want to express your opinion?
I would be happy to hear examples and ideas, not insults.

Anyway if a player passes to a player located on the top of the three point line, and that players does not create a movement or adjustment for the defense, then that's not a dynamic play.
Heat lost the ball a lot trying to push the pace. They lost it trying to get the ball to a player who is located in a better position

You can use the NBA website box score, look at the Heat turnovers and ours, just click on the numbers in the box score, underneath said header.

4. The Celtics were not clear favorites only at this forum.

1)No one cares what you have a degree in or what you do for a living - truly no one gives a ****. Seriously, what you have a degree in does not make your **** basketball takes any more valid.

2)Everything you are saying about the bucks and us being clear favorites is 1) all subjective and 2) a moot point since we literally won the series....whether it was 4 games or 5 or 7 we won which means we did in fact capitalize that round- it’s not a meltdown going 7 games with a very very good team like milwaukee. It’s a meltdown to YOU because perhaps you have an over valued opinion of how good this team is or undervalue just how good milwaukee is.

3) Karl popper can lick my nuts

4) again you can watch a million games and still not understand the game. I can listen to thousands of hours of music and still not be a musician. Saying all of Miami’s turnovers came from them “trying to make a play” not only is wrong, it discredits our defense which by all account is very good. Butler hit ridiculous shots because that’s what great players can do- elevate their game to ridiculous levels and he has. he arguably was the best player in the playoffs this year coming into this round has a track record of stepping up in huge spots

1. Didn't know you were everyone and was elected to something. I really don't care what you give a **** about and what not. Understanding body language was something I learned about in a thing called university. And it does not give me greater understanding of basketball, but it does enables me to understand body language.
Do you understand the difference at all?

2. Again. You should read what you are replying to.
a. I actually said my opinion is subjective, like yours, and that this forum was not the only place in which the Celtics were favorites.
b. I didn't say a 7 game series against the Bucks is a meltdown.i did say that whenever we were favorites in this series we underperformed.
I also said it has happened in this series, and in past Celtics playoffs (in the past 10 years).
Again, do you understand the difference?

Oh, and I wouldn't call a Middleton less bucks a very good team. A good team they are. A very good team are the Celtics.

3. Explains a lot about your takes.

4. It does not discredits our defense.
I would tell you to Google Venn diagram, but that would be fruitless.
Hint - we played better defense and caused less turnovers by the Heat in the past.
And there are also other explanations to it.

Also, if we can't express our uneducated opinios of the game, than what the **** are we doing here?

I told you why I believe that is the case, feel free to express yours.
KingofTheClay
Junior
And1: 200

Post#364 » by KingofTheClay » Sat May 28, 2022 7:32 pm

Sorry for those who had to read my vitriolic posts.

Had a bad week and the rollercoaster of emotions this series is putting me over the edge.

I need to stop letting basketball affect me so bad emotionally, it’s basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#365 » by MagicBagley18 » Sat May 28, 2022 8:29 pm

Garbanzo wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Garbanzo wrote:
1. I have a degree in schycology (and economics). That field differs your opinion on "body language".
Body language is the way our body expresses emotions, to some theories those are also emotions we are not aware of.
I also had to understand the body language of people with mental disabilities for two whole years, because some of them were pathological liers.

Don't want to believe me? Don't trust me?
That's fine.
Hence the rob Williams getting out to shooters in this game, which you completely ignored. And off course, there are many other examples.

2. I was not saying the Bucks are not a good team without Middleton, I said that it made us clear favorites, hence the meltdown that made that series go 7 games. Please read more carefully.
I have also watched the Celtics lose a lot of games, and series in other playoffs, in which the Celtics overachieved when underdogs, and lose whenever considered favorites.

You may say the players, system and head coache are not the same, and that's a valid point.
I personally believe that any club has a DNA.
Look at Butler and the heat hit ridiculous shots in this game. 47 from Butler, many on jumpers, from a streaky shooter.
Does that remind you of LeBron's 45 point game, with some difficult, steph curry distance shots that went in, from a streaky shooter back then?
Social psychology does back that up, will elaborate if you are interested.

3. You telling me that I see what I want to see is not news to me. Do you think you are immune to that?
For the love of whatever you believe in, please read the writings of Karl Popper.

But I do think that watching a sum of of 98 Celtics games prior to this one, some of them I have watched more then once, gives me a good idea about the Celtics's sets.
I am not an expert, neither are you, I have "zero clue" is not only offensive, it falls under the ad hominem principle. You want to express your opinion?
I would be happy to hear examples and ideas, not insults.

Anyway if a player passes to a player located on the top of the three point line, and that players does not create a movement or adjustment for the defense, then that's not a dynamic play.
Heat lost the ball a lot trying to push the pace. They lost it trying to get the ball to a player who is located in a better position

You can use the NBA website box score, look at the Heat turnovers and ours, just click on the numbers in the box score, underneath said header.

4. The Celtics were not clear favorites only at this forum.

1)No one cares what you have a degree in or what you do for a living - truly no one gives a ****. Seriously, what you have a degree in does not make your **** basketball takes any more valid.

2)Everything you are saying about the bucks and us being clear favorites is 1) all subjective and 2) a moot point since we literally won the series....whether it was 4 games or 5 or 7 we won which means we did in fact capitalize that round- it’s not a meltdown going 7 games with a very very good team like milwaukee. It’s a meltdown to YOU because perhaps you have an over valued opinion of how good this team is or undervalue just how good milwaukee is.

4) again you can watch a million games and still not understand the game. I can listen to thousands of hours of music and still not be a musician. Saying all of Miami’s turnovers came from them “trying to make a play” not only is wrong, it discredits our defense which by all account is very good. Butler hit ridiculous shots because that’s what great players can do- elevate their game to ridiculous levels and he has. he arguably was the best player in the playoffs this year coming into this round has a track record of stepping up in huge spots

1. Didn't know you were everyone and was elected to something. I really don't care what you give a **** about and what not. Understanding body language was something I learned about in a thing called university. And it does not give me greater understanding of basketball, but it does enables me to understand body language.

a. I actually said my opinion is subjective, like yours, and that this forum was not the only place in which the Celtics were favorites.
b. I didn't say a 7 game series against the Bucks is a meltdown.i did say that whenever we were favorites in this series we underperformed.
I also said it has happened in this series, and in past Celtics playoffs (in the past 10 years).

Oh, and I wouldn't call a Middleton less bucks a very good team. A good team they are. A very good team are the Celtics.

Hint - we played better defense and caused less turnovers by the Heat in the past.

Also, if we can't express our uneducated opinios of the game, than what the **** are we doing here?

The bucks took us 7 games without Middleton...had a 1-0, 2-1, 3-2 lead can you explain with your advanced IQ how we ever underperformed as favorites in a series we trailed for the entirety of? we literally trailed that series the whole time isn’t that a barometer for how good the bucks are even without Middleton?

if by your own admission the Celtics are a very good team while the bucks are merely a good team Why was it a back and forth dog fight for 7 games? Hmmm maybe as previously mentioned the bucks are better than you thought without Middleton or the Celtics aren’t as good as you thought- one of these has to be true. You can say well I think we are the much better team and that’s fine but the actual playoff series suggests otherwise and that carries much more weight than your or even my opinion.

What happened to other Celtics teams 10 years ago or in the past is 100% irrelevant. These players were either not on the team entirely or they weren’t handed the keys to the team like the jays have been the last 2 years. there’s no psychological correlation between what happen in years past and what happens today- this is Tatum & the jays first time in this spot as lead dogs.
philing00
Senior

Post#366 » by philing00 » Sat May 28, 2022 8:50 pm

Kudos to the Heat for showing heart. They do a good job in shrinking the floor and taking away passing lanes. Always seems that the 2 Js have no room to drive. On the other end Jimmy can waltz his way into the key even though we are guarding his drive.
Grant has been disappointing this series because he’s only valuable against big bangers. Bam has been non existent on offense so Grant isn’t really needed. He’s a turnstile guarding against the drive. And when the refs are in the mood to call tickytack fouls, he doesnt the know to reign it in on defense. He won’t be effective against GSW if we make it that far. Too bad Nesmith is so bad, we need a guy like him.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,694

Post#367 » by return2glory » Sat May 28, 2022 8:51 pm

bisme37 wrote:I've pretty much already let this game go but one random thing keeps popping in my head... Ironically I thought it was a great defensive play by Smart that ended up getting the Heat going in the 3rd quarter.

Smart had the ball handler (I think it was Jimmy) locked up on the sideline with the shot clock about to expire, but Smart dove and knocked the ball out of bounds. It was an awesome Cobra Strike but as soon as it happened I thought, "Oh no, the clock was about to expire but now they get to inbound it and have 1 second to get a shot off." Well sure enough that was when Strus finally got off the schneid and hit that crazy 3.

It got Strus going and it seemed to give their whole team a lot of confidence and they went on a run. The C's ended up coming back in the 4th and we had different problems down the stretch, but if not for that sequence it may have been a totally different game.

It was that type of night. A lot of times we needed stopped, we fell a second or two short. Or we got a stop, but they beat us to the loose ball and scored. Or we had a 3 point play, only to be taken away. Every time, we got a small lead and needed to extend the lead, we would either turn the ball over or take a bad, contested shot.
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,367

Post#368 » by Red2 » Sat May 28, 2022 8:54 pm

Nothing this team does surprises me anymore. They are a hard team to love because they constantly revert to bad habits just when you think they’ve gotten past them. But they’re my team and the only one I’ve followed and been passionate about for over 50 years. I know we can win game 7 but I have no idea which team is going to show up tomorrow.hopefully the one with fewer turnovers
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,694

Post#369 » by return2glory » Sat May 28, 2022 8:56 pm

philing00 wrote:Kudos to the Heat for showing heart. They do a good job in shrinking the floor and taking away passing lanes. Always seems that the 2 Js have no room to drive. On the other end Jimmy can waltz his way into the key even though we are guarding his drive.
Grant has been disappointing this series because he’s only valuable against big bangers. Bam has been non existent on offense so Grant isn’t really needed. He’s a turnstile guarding against the drive. And when the refs are in the mood to call tickytack fouls, he doesnt the know to reign it in on defense. He won’t be effective against GSW if we make it that far. Too bad Nesmith is so bad, we need a guy like him.

You're right. It does seem like the Js have no room to drive. Our coaching staff makes little adjustments when that happens.
Pritchard spaces the floor when he is in and that gives the Jay's more room to operate. Pritchard played only 3 minutes. They were daring Smart to shoot and laying off of him and he shot 1-9 on 3s. They don't have that luxury to lay off Pritchard, but they don't need to because for some reason Ime decided to go with the hot hand, Marcus Smart :roll:
philing00
Senior

Post#370 » by philing00 » Sat May 28, 2022 9:22 pm

return2glory wrote:
philing00 wrote:Kudos to the Heat for showing heart. They do a good job in shrinking the floor and taking away passing lanes. Always seems that the 2 Js have no room to drive. On the other end Jimmy can waltz his way into the key even though we are guarding his drive.

You're right. It does seem like the Js have no room to drive. Our coaching staff makes little adjustments when that happens.
Pritchard spaces the floor when he is in and that gives the Jay's more room to operate. Pritchard played only 3 minutes. They were daring Smart to shoot and laying off of him and he shot 1-9 on 3s. They don't have that luxury to lay off Pritchard, but they don't need to because for some reason Ime decided to go with the hot hand, Marcus Smart :roll:

Yeh, where was Pritch? Ime doesn’t seem to play him when the game is tight.
The Heat are good at rotating and cheating off their man.
Most of Smarts shot are actually good looks. He shoots more when nothing else is cooking on offense and he’s left wide open.
I keep saying it, Al needs to touch the ball more at high post and then have the wings cutting or coming off screens. Less plays from outside the 3pt arc.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#371 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun May 29, 2022 1:59 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,433

Post#372 » by shackles10 » Sun May 29, 2022 2:26 am

I’m surprised at the results of the 2 minute report to be honest. I frequently check it out, and not surprisingly, I rarely see the league admit to blown calls which makes the whole thing seem pointless. It’s like the internet version of them bringing in Steve Javey on tv like he’s going to go against his former co-workers. Somehow seeing them actually admit to the blown calls upsets me even more than when they deny them.
Garbanzo
Junior

Post#373 » by Garbanzo » Sun May 29, 2022 3:18 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
Garbanzo wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

The bucks took us 7 games without Middleton...had a 1-0, 2-1, 3-2 lead can you explain with your advanced IQ how we ever underperformed as favorites in a series we trailed for the entirety of? we literally trailed that series the whole time isn’t that a barometer for how good the bucks are even without Middleton?

if by your own admission the Celtics are a very good team while the bucks are merely a good team Why was it a back and forth dog fight for 7 games? Hmmm maybe as previously mentioned the bucks are better than you thought without Middleton or the Celtics aren’t as good as you thought- one of these has to be true. You can say well I think we are the much better team and that’s fine but the actual playoff series suggests otherwise and that carries much more weight than your or even my opinion.

What happened to other Celtics teams 10 years ago or in the past is 100% irrelevant. These players were either not on the team entirely or they weren’t handed the keys to the team like the jays have been the last 2 years. there’s no psychological correlation between what happen in years past and what happens today- this is Tatum & the jays first time in this spot as lead dogs.

The Celtics were favorites to win the Bucks series. Per booking sites and analytics.
Not just in this forum like you wrote.

The Bucks being up 3 times in the series backs up what I was saying all along, because Celtics were favorites.

I also called the Bucks a good team. Not merely good team.
I have never commented on my iq.

Please stop making things up..
I'm out of this "conversation"..
Garbanzo
Junior

Post#374 » by Garbanzo » Sun May 29, 2022 4:18 am

ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This summary by Brian Robb is really lacking.
If I recall correctly, heat were over the limit. Maybe i am wrong, but if I am not:
(all according to the last 2 min report)

There was a foul on Tucker prior to Bam's 3 sec violation, 2 ft.

Foul not called on Oladipo pushing Smart. 2ft.

Bam not called for pushing Horford.

Tatum made a shot to decrease the deficit to 4, but it was supposed to be an and 1. Making it a one possession game.

Jaylen was fould by Bam. Another 2 ft.

Am I missing something?
First time reading a 2 last min report..
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,192

Post#375 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun May 29, 2022 4:21 am

Garbanzo wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

If I recall correctly, heat were over the limit. Maybe i am wrong, but if I am not:

Tatum made a shot to decrease the deficit to 4, but it was supposed to be an and 1. Making it a one possession game.

Am I missing something?

CNC and CC are correct non-calls and correct calls.

Those marked INC and IC are the only ones officials acknowledged they got wrong.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Garbanzo
Junior

Post#376 » by Garbanzo » Sun May 29, 2022 8:49 am

ConstableGeneva wrote:
Garbanzo wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Am I missing something?

Those marked INC and IC are the only ones officials acknowledged they got wrong.

Thank you
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,433

Post#377 » by shackles10 » Sun May 29, 2022 11:32 am

Garbanzo wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
Garbanzo wrote:

Am I missing something?

Thank you

Abbreviation key is at the very bottom of the 2 minute report too in case you see other initials and aren’t sure or can’t remember what they stand for.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,664

Post#378 » by Green89 » Sun May 29, 2022 12:46 pm

Garbanzo wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
Green89 wrote:
That late possession where Marcus dribbled for the entire shot clock and then hoisted up a desperation heave was disgusting.

I still don't understand that play. I believe he was shooting 1-8 at that point, so he decides to dribble the ball for 23 seconds and shoot a three in a close game?

They tried to make a play but nobody managed to get open.
That's on Ime, Tatum and Brown. Not on Smart who had 4 seconds. The only thing Smart could do is call for a screen.

On Ime?? :lol: .When you're the PG for a team that has two minutes left in a game that can get you to thr Finals, you don't wait until the clock runs out and do nothing. You figure out something else earlier in the clock, if the play you wanted fell apart.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,664

Post#379 » by Green89 » Sun May 29, 2022 12:50 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Which is exactly why Ime should have never used his challenge on that Grant Williams foul! :banghead:

He better save it for the final few minutes tonight, or one where a blatant 2-3 points can be waived off.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#380 » by MagicBagley18 » Sun May 29, 2022 1:46 pm

Garbanzo wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Garbanzo wrote:

The Celtics were favorites to win the Bucks series. Per booking sites and analytics.
Not just in this forum like you wrote.

The Bucks being up 3 times in the series backs up what I was saying all along, because Celtics were favorites.

I also called the Bucks a good team. Not merely good team.
I have never commented on my iq.

Please stop making things up..
I'm out of this "conversation"..

Certain people look at favorites before a series that’s fair.....others who watch the actual basketball games know once the ball is tipped and games are played that who was or wasn’t the favorite means absolutely jack because we have actual games to use as a basis. who Vegas or 538 picks before a series is totally irrelevant once games are played. They had multiple leads on us at some point throughout the series. who was favored “before” a series starts kind of is meaningless.

Merely means “just ; only” (but you went to university so you know this) you said they were only a good team- what am I making up? Using that word doesn’t change the meaning of what you said lol. It’s very relevant given the context of me saying they are better that that. It is however clearly wrong they took us 7 games tooth and nail so clearly the divide between teams isn’t anywhere near what you think. We have literal data for that.

I have zero issues with you being out of this conversation - quite frankly I had time yesterday and today not so much so feel free to kick rocks

Return to Boston Celtics