ImageImageImage

We didn't do it right! NBA Finals G2 Loss 6/5 (TIED 1-1)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,301

Re: We didn't do it right! NBA Finals G2 Loss 6/5 (TIED 1-1) 

Post#121 » by Shak_Celts » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:41 am

MaxwellSmart wrote:Draymond BOWLS over Grant for the obvious Offensive foul....NOPE it's a foul on Grant----!
Brown never touches Payton on his blown layup----FOUL on Jaylen to send him to the bench when he was cooking.

C's got frustrated and lost focus---GSW knows this and took advantage.

they do this, they have the chips to prove it. we have to take it from them, they aren't going to lay down. we need to bust their ass every chance we get, more like what we did to the nets (KD) instead of other series. there are levels to physicality.
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#122 » by Shak_Celts » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:42 am

BK_2020 wrote:We have a team led by a 24 year old and a 25 year old. They are 1-1 after two away games in the finals. Given this result, some posters are wondering why they don't come out and say we played like women. This is all very concerning for so many reasons.

I agree, we are soft. :nod: :roll:
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,742

Post#123 » by playa-hater » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:43 am

MaxwellSmart wrote:Draymond BOWLS over Grant for the obvious Offensive foul....NOPE it's a foul on Grant----!
Brown never touches Payton on his blown layup----FOUL on Jaylen to send him to the bench when he was cooking.

This is of course reason number one and I agree.. Still have to Find a way not to lose that focus because of stupid things they cannot control such as the referees
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#124 » by Shak_Celts » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:44 am

The Corey's wrote:They lost this game in the last 3 minutes of the third quarter.

They hit back to back 3 to get it down to 6? Maybe it was 8 and then from there it was a problem.

I don't expect the refs to let green mug every one he touches in Boston.

never seen green in the playoffs? :lol:
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#125 » by Shak_Celts » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:46 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:Jaylen not familiar with the concept of elegance.
Read on Twitter

gotta pay a fine. worry bout game 3, let us say it, we don't have to pay.
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,311

Post#126 » by TheMartian » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:47 am

London2Boston wrote:We cut the lead to 6 in the third and then it suddenly went up to 23. Team needs to realise they are against a fairly elite offensive team. If you give the ball away for fun or waste possessions you will be out of the game before you know it.

Need to respond at home. I’ll lose my mind if another home game is a dud.

Better get ready for that. Somehow these Celtics play more shook at home.

I keep saying they give off the same vibe/magic as that '08 team, but man, the mental toughness of that '08 team is night and day compared to the '22 Celtics.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#127 » by Feed Your Head » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:48 am

TheMartian wrote:
London2Boston wrote:We cut the lead to 6 in the third and then it suddenly went up to 23. Team needs to realise they are against a fairly elite offensive team. If you give the ball away for fun or waste possessions you will be out of the game before you know it.

I keep saying they give off the same vibe/magic as that '08 team, but man, the mental toughness of that '08 team is night and day compared to the '22 Celtics.

The 08 team didn’t win on the road until the ECF, to be fair. Everyone was saying they weren’t mentally tough enough, the first two rounds.
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,137

Post#128 » by MaxwellSmart » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:50 am

BK_2020 wrote:

Jaylen pretty clearly touched him on the back. Whether this lightest of touches impacted GP2's shot or not, Jaylen was pretty dumb to put two hands on a shooter. Why do that if you are not even challenging the shot?

Nah bro.
Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Post#129 » by Ill News » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:50 am

Setshot33 wrote:
Ill News wrote:
Setshot33 wrote:Hey kid,

It's OK to criticize and call out players on your favorite team for playing soft. Don't get your drawers in a twist honey, it's OK.

You know, with a name like The Comedian, you wouldn't think your skin would be that thin?

Lighten up,Francis.

I seriously don't know why you chose this game to criticize Tatum for playing "soft," he was the only one who showed up for us tonight. He tried several times to attack the rim and get to the line, the refs just swallowed their whistles on his drives often. Everyone else except White played terrible.

Not that Tatum is soft anyway, it's like you haven't been watching him these whole playoffs :noway: :crazy:

Really?

Settiling for threes or fadeaway 2s when guys smaller than he is are on him.

He hates contact. Alot of guys in this league do and it's rare to find guys willing to pay the price.

Tatum's just not there yet OR he's not that guy.

It's OK to admit it. That's the way he is until he proves otherwise.

Lol, you seriously don't know what you're talking about.

Tatum got to the line 8 times, when it really should've been 12-14 because he got hacked and hit on most of his drives. He hit 6 threes with most of them over a shorter defender like GP2, and those are good shots and he knocked them down confidently.

Do you want him to bulldoze and force his way to the rim every single time? Who the **** do you think he is, Giannis? He's got a more all-around game on offense and we need him to space the floor, the problem tonight was no one else provided any spacing because our other shooters couldn't hit anything.

But whatever, it's pretty clear that your idea that Tatum "hates" and shies away from contact is already embedded deep into your mind. Go back to yelling at clouds in your lawn.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,097

Post#130 » by SuperDeluxe » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:50 am

TheMartian wrote:

That team was led by seasoned veterans, this one is led by kids.
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,311

Post#131 » by TheMartian » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:50 am

The Comedian wrote:
TheMartian wrote:

The 08 team didn’t win on the road until the ECF, to be fair. Everyone was saying they weren’t mentally tough enough, the first two rounds.

To your point, I guess it's an advantage that these '22 Celtics play better on the road, especially now in the FInals where they play more road games. I just don't understand why they play more shook at home. It's like the pressure of performing well in front of their home crowd is too much for them.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#132 » by Shak_Celts » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:50 am

Setshot33 wrote:
Ill News wrote:
Setshot33 wrote:Hey kid,

It's OK to criticize and call out players on your favorite team for playing soft. Don't get your drawers in a twist honey, it's OK.

You know, with a name like The Comedian, you wouldn't think your skin would be that thin?

Lighten up,Francis.

I seriously don't know why you chose this game to criticize Tatum for playing "soft," he was the only one who showed up for us tonight. He tried several times to attack the rim and get to the line, the refs just swallowed their whistles on his drives often. Everyone else except White played terrible.

Not that Tatum is soft anyway, it's like you haven't been watching him these whole playoffs :noway: :crazy:

Really?

Settiling for threes or fadeaway 2s when guys smaller than he is are on him.

He hates contact. Alot of guys in this league do and it's rare to find guys willing to pay the price.

Tatum's just not there yet OR he's not that guy.

It's OK to admit it. That's the way he is until he proves otherwise.

how many times does he get to the line and where does it stack up vs his peers (non-bigs)? when you figure that out, if he's going to the line that often, what about all the other hits he takes that aren't called? y'all really don't know what soft or contact hating is.
Ben-N1ce
RealGM
And1: 19,147

Post#133 » by Ben-N1ce » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:51 am

Pretty funny nobody is Mentioning Smart was the worst player in the entire game. Contributed literally zero positive impact.

Starting PG 2/2/5 with 5 turnovers...
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,196

Post#134 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:51 am

Read on Twitter

Draymond brown-nosing worked.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,326

Post#135 » by hugepatsfan » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:52 am

Let’s reel it in dial it back. They outplayed golden state the 1st quarter. Very bad calls kept GS in the game. Celtics proceeded to play like garbage the rest of the way. Draymond should have been tossed before opening tip tbh.

You can’t control the refs. If the league feels there’s an important interest in GS winning the series then they will. That’s how it goes. What you can control is how you play. What you’ve got to do is put all the noise to the side and pplay basketball. Mental toughness. Fight through it.
Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#136 » by Feed Your Head » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:53 am

ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

Draymond brown-nosing worked.

Refs are not why we lost, obviously. But there was a significantly different whistle for the two teams tonight. I just hate the inconsistency, I’d rather get less calls if it meant it was consistent game to game.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,097

Post#137 » by SuperDeluxe » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:53 am

Ben-N1ce wrote:Pretty funny nobody is Mentioning Smart was the worst player in the entire game. Contributed literally zero positive impact.

Starting PG 2/2/5 with 5 turnovers...

At least one person already mentioned this, and no one questioned it. He played awful.
Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#138 » by Feed Your Head » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:53 am

Smart may have been worse than his stat line, and that pains me to say.
john1c
Junior
And1: 139

Post#139 » by john1c » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:53 am

We’re ok guys. Looney and Poole won’t do **** in Boston. Bunch of bums
Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#140 » by Feed Your Head » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:54 am

john1c wrote:We’re ok guys. Looney and Poole won’t do **** in Boston. Bunch of bums

Looney stay getting slept on, dude is really good.

Return to Boston Celtics