ImageImageImage

We didn't do it right! NBA Finals G2 Loss 6/5 (TIED 1-1)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,927

Re: We didn't do it right! NBA Finals G2 Loss 6/5 (TIED 1-1) 

Post#201 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Jun 6, 2022 1:10 pm

Celtics didn't show up to play in Game 2. It's that simple.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,394

Post#202 » by Homerclease » Mon Jun 6, 2022 1:11 pm

Way too many turnovers. Can’t win against good teams that way
ThePigeon
Starter
And1: 1,246

Post#203 » by ThePigeon » Mon Jun 6, 2022 1:30 pm

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10037781-should-draymond-green-have-drawn-a-2nd-technical-foul-for-jaylen-brown-altercation

An article about the second Green technical that wasn't called
Former referee Steve Javie just validated there is something called “selective enforcement”
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,367

Post#204 » by Red2 » Mon Jun 6, 2022 1:44 pm

I don’t think we can count on Rob. I’d start Grant in game 3
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#205 » by Edug27 » Mon Jun 6, 2022 1:49 pm

We stole one on the road, which was our goal. The refs weren't going to let us take both.

Time to handle business in Boston.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,927

Post#206 » by Celts17Pride » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:33 pm

The Celtics 3rd quarter was an embarrassment. Everyone on the planet knows the Warriors were going to try and throw a haymaker in the 3rd quarter. Apparently everyone knew except the Celtics.
CelticFaninLBC
General Manager
And1: 2,991

Post#207 » by CelticFaninLBC » Mon Jun 6, 2022 3:42 pm

Very bad game from Smart. A veteran like Smart shouldn't be so careless with the ball.

Theis shouldn't get into another game. It's no surprise GSW put the game away with Theis on the floor at the end of Q3. Hopefully Rob Williams can gut out the remainder of the series.

Refs killed a hot start with some ticky tack calls, and cooled off JB. No surprise the officiating would suck. The League wants a long series.

Lastly, Green should have been tossed for putting his foot on JB's face. However, as stated above, the League wants a long series.
watsonthedragon
Sixth Man
And1: 2,289

Post#208 » by watsonthedragon » Mon Jun 6, 2022 4:24 pm

My biggest concern is they've had huge 3Qs in both games, we just managed an amazing 4Q comeback in game 1. What makes them so lethal in the 3Q and what do we do to stop them?
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,581

Post#209 » by bisme37 » Mon Jun 6, 2022 4:28 pm

I didn't think it had anything to do with effort or not showing up to play or lacking a killer instinct. The problem wasn't instinct, it was execution. As someone said earlier, we just didn't do it right. Learning experience, move on and do better next time. It's the NBA Finals, the fact that it's not easy is what makes it so rewarding. Go C's.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,099

Post#210 » by Shak_Celts » Mon Jun 6, 2022 4:41 pm

Setshot33 wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:
Setshot33 wrote:Would Jimmy Butler have quit going to the bucket?

Yes or No?

Tatum has so much potential. But that's all it is right now, potential

jimmy butler? the missing guy in games 3-5 (IIRC)? HAHAHAHAHAAH :noway:

Tatum goes missing just as much. Not sure you want to go in that direction

Go where you want to, but I'm focused on the comment I referred to, not trying to switch goalposts so you can try to win a disagreement. "Would Jimmy Butler...?" Yes, yes he would. In the ECF, games 3-5.
NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#211 » by Shak_Celts » Mon Jun 6, 2022 5:44 pm

I'm still waiting on the advance stats that say Tatum was the only player to show up. I even watched that mess again to see what I missed. I have been taught too many years on this forum that boxscores don't tell the whole picture. Besides hitting 3s, it was meh, he was as poor as others.

I know for sure, if it was true that Tatum was the only one to show up, I wouldn't have to ask for proof. No way there wouldn't be multiple stat tweets. We can't go one game saying shooting doesn't tell the whole story then saying he showed up because he shot well.

There were levels to the bad last night, but in the end, Tatum was also a big part of it. +/- was used last game to buttress the reality that shooting was blinding some (not the extremes, nothing u can say), after last night I'm sure we're back to one game plus minus means nothing.

I'm going to continue to hold firm to it being bias going on and not hate (we can see the haters clearly). IDC who does or doesn't agree. This isn't the first time I have said a player (usually JB/Smart) is horrible when they do something while the other (mainly tat) has "but" attached and at the ready when they do the exact same thing. This isn't Tatum, he knows when he didn't "show up," this is about the comments after it and the differences between them.

I don't mind being proven wrong, I'm human, but I'm not just accepting it after what I saw (twice) without something to confirm it. That was too ugly for me to just accept that I'm dead wrong on this. No one showed up.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#212 » by Feed Your Head » Mon Jun 6, 2022 5:55 pm

Shak_Celts wrote:I'm still waiting on the advance stats that say Tatum was the only player to show up. I even watched that mess again to see what I missed. I have been taught too many years on this forum that boxscores don't tell the whole picture. Besides hitting 3s, it was meh, he was as poor as others.

I know for sure, if it was true that Tatum was the only one to show up, I wouldn't have to ask for proof. No way there wouldn't be multiple stat tweets. We can't go one game saying shooting doesn't tell the whole story then saying he showed up because he shot well.

There were levels to the bad last night, but in the end, Tatum was also a big part of it. +/- was used last game to buttress the reality that shooting was blinding some (not the extremes, nothing u can say), after last night I'm sure we're back to one game plus minus means nothing.

I'm going to continue to hold firm to it being bias going on and not hate (we can see the haters clearly). IDC who does or doesn't agree. This isn't the first time I have said a player (usually JB/Smart) is horrible when they do something while the other (mainly tat) has "but" attached and at the ready when they do the exact same thing. This isn't Tatum, he knows when he didn't "show up," this is about the comments after it and the differences between them.

I don't mind being proven wrong, I'm human, but I'm not just accepting it after what I saw (twice) without something to confirm it. That was too ugly for me to just accept that I'm dead wrong on this. No one showed up.

Nobody showed up consistently. Jaylen had a burst early, Tatum had a burst in the second quarter. Otherwise? Nah.

And the last two games with Tatum are a perfect class on the difference between shooting poorly but playing good(game 1), and shooting well but playing poorly (last night). Warriors had him super confused, especially in regards to when to pass.

Him and Jaylen both finished with 4 potential assists, yuck.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#213 » by Shak_Celts » Mon Jun 6, 2022 6:35 pm

The Comedian wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:I'm still waiting on the advance stats that say Tatum was the only player to show up. I even watched that mess again to see what I missed. I have been taught too many years on this forum that boxscores don't tell the whole picture. Besides hitting 3s, it was meh, he was as poor as others.

Nobody showed up consistently. Jaylen had a burst early, Tatum had a burst in the second quarter. Otherwise? Nah.

And the last two games with Tatum are a perfect class on the difference between shooting poorly but playing good(game 1), and shooting well but playing poorly (last night). Warriors had him super confused, especially in regards to when to pass.

Him and Jaylen both finished with 4 potential assists, yuck.

Draymond screwed us up, the others finished us off. We let him get in our head. We should have known what was up when he started out with that (FOUL) tie-up with Al. He was on a mission. Ime needs to try different tactics after we win, what we're doing is not working, when have a chance to wound teams we just let them go unscathed.

Also, when I go to where you guys tell me to look my eyes gloss over when I'm there, I don't know what I'm supposed to add to searches. I haven't tried to look in a long time, it angers my soul to look for the stats and make sense of them (lazy too but shh). If you told me to find potential assists myself, if google doesn't give me a direct site with it narrowed down, I would give up, my patience inst set up that way!
jmr07019
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#214 » by jmr07019 » Mon Jun 6, 2022 7:33 pm

This league is an embarrassment and it is well past time fans started calling out the nba for its corrupt officials. What a **** joke
Show Love Spread Love
NuckyPowell
General Manager
And1: 9,667

Post#215 » by NuckyPowell » Mon Jun 6, 2022 8:13 pm

This was an astute comment I read on Reddit from sunnyPorangedrank. The officiating is all so predictable:

Refs plan: get celtics in foul trouble, let warriors mug people, allowing then to bury celtics in the 2nd half.

Once lead is safe, slowly get the foul disparity down by calling meaningless fouls
GrandTheftRondo
General Manager
And1: 8,963

Post#216 » by GrandTheftRondo » Mon Jun 6, 2022 9:12 pm

Travelled all the way from Australia to watch that **** show.

Team was just off. Could see early on. Three pointers kept us in it. Nobody looked like making a layup.

1-1 is still a good result. These Warriors are a damn good team. Taking 2 in a row off them woulda been something but never saw it happening to be honest.

Must make something of home court this time. If they do, they win the title in my opinion.

Hopefully my attendance at game 3 is way more enjoyable.
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,855

Post#217 » by BK_2020 » Mon Jun 6, 2022 9:50 pm

One of the most bizarre things about last night was just how effective Bjelica was on Tatum. Tatum was effortlessly driving by or shooting over Wiggins and GP2 but Bjelica shut him down like he was Bill Russell on steroids.
Asian Celtic
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,615

Post#218 » by Asian Celtic » Mon Jun 6, 2022 10:13 pm

I am officially on the hate draymond bandwagon. Damn that ugly donkey.
dcstanley
Sixth Man
And1: 1,288

Post#219 » by dcstanley » Mon Jun 6, 2022 11:21 pm

Red2 wrote:I don’t think we can count on Rob. I’d start Grant in game 3

I'd rather White start
Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,292

Post#220 » by Tyakack » Tue Jun 7, 2022 12:23 am

Edug27 wrote:We stole one on the road, which was our goal. The refs weren't going to let us take both.

Time to handle business in Boston.

Neither were our players. Game 2 was probably the easiest predicted loss of the playoffs.

Return to Boston Celtics