ImageImageImage

I guess we're doing it the hard way again! NBA Finals Game 4 Loss 6/10 (TIED 2-2)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Bar Fight
RealGM
And1: 15,862

Re: I guess we're doing it the hard way again! NBA Finals Game 4 Loss 6/10 (TIED 2-2) 

Post#381 » by Bar Fight » Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:23 pm

bucknersrevenge wrote:
Bar Fight wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:
I don't get this. If we won that game the series is not over. Not technically. Not even figuratively though I think that's what you're trying to get at. If you think GSW and Chef Curry would play any less hard down 3-1 vs tied 2-2 I think you're mistaken. That is a championship team with experience. They have an all-time NBA defender and 2 of the greatest shooters that ever lived. To think that a win in this game would've closed the door on them or would've caused them to fold is not realistic.

Further since when does a series tied at 2 a piece=lost?? To have this little faith or trust in this team after what we've seen from them this year and in the last two series alone is a little disappointing. It's as if you missed the whole second half of the season.

The difference between 3-1 with three possible chances to clinch the series and 2-2 going into a best of three with two road games is staggering. Especially considering we're playing a team with multiple rings under their belt and an all time great player. That's going from having a chokehold on the series, to an uphill battle against a dynastic core with HCA.

I had a lot of faith in the team heading into Game 4. Then they blew a game at home for like the fourth or fifth time this postseason and fell apart down the stretch. Pretty hard to win a title when you consistently throw games away

SOOO many games thrown away and yet we remain just 2 wins away from a title, something only 1 other team in the league can say. You went from SOOOOO much faith until Game 4 when Steph went into superhero mode and now you have no faith because Game 4 was the game that proves that we "consistently throw games away". Bro, your faith is like a leaf on the wind...

If you can't understand the difference in circumstances of being up 2-1 in position to go up 3-1 at home, vs being tied 2-2 with two possible road games, then I can't help you. You just aren't particularly smart
Jammer
General Manager
And1: 2,874

Re: I guess we're doing it the hard way again! NBA Finals Game 4 Loss 6/10 (TIED 2-2) 

Post#382 » by Jammer » Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:18 pm

threrf23 wrote:Tatum is averaging 22/7/8 this series, while shooting 45% from 3, getting to the line 6+ (FTAs) times per game, and playing stellar defense at times if not in general.

Let's not be ridiculous here.

You’re 100% wrong. Tatum’s Overall shooting % and turnovers for his time on court put him below what you’d expect from a Top 40 player. Tatum and Brown have historically been high volume shooters but from January thru the early rounds were more efficient, as was the entire Celtics team which I previously pointed out. Against Golden State Tatum has been bad from 2 point range, and bad with protecting the ball, and it’s killing the team. Instead of having to take the ball out from under the basket Golden State gets more chances to be off and running, so a lousy FG% affects the team defense.
bucknersrevenge
RealGM
And1: 13,836

Post#383 » by bucknersrevenge » Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:28 pm

Bar Fight wrote:
bucknersrevenge wrote:
Bar Fight wrote:The difference between 3-1 with three possible chances to clinch the series and 2-2 going into a best of three with two road games is staggering. Especially considering we're playing a team with multiple rings under their belt and an all time great player. That's going from having a chokehold on the series, to an uphill battle against a dynastic core with HCA.

I had a lot of faith in the team heading into Game 4. Then they blew a game at home for like the fourth or fifth time this postseason and fell apart down the stretch. Pretty hard to win a title when you consistently throw games away

SOOO many games thrown away and yet we remain just 2 wins away from a title, something only 1 other team in the league can say. You went from SOOOOO much faith until Game 4 when Steph went into superhero mode and now you have no faith because Game 4 was the game that proves that we "consistently throw games away". Bro, your faith is like a leaf on the wind...

If you can't understand the difference in circumstances of being up 2-1 in position to go up 3-1 at home, vs being tied 2-2 with two possible road games, then I can't help you. You just aren't particularly smart

Bar Fight, I grasp that. I grasped it in my first response. That's not the point of contention. To borrow a famous phrase "I find your lack of faith disturbing..." You speak as if we're DOWN 3-1 instead of tied. We have apparently already lost this series despite a mountain of evidence suggesting that we can go into Golden State, into any enemy territory, and win an important game. It's like you missed thed the 2nd half of this year. It's fine. We'll see what happens. I just figured a team that started where they started to now find themselves on the doorstep of a title in a year in which we were not supposed to get this far would've earned a little bit more credit. Apparently not. I promise I'm not dumb. I just think the stance you're holding is kind of a shame, but everything's fine.
and that's "MR. Irrelevant" to you!!

Founder of The Red's Disciples Podcast
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKArn8FGRYRxGqNDg8J4IAQ/featured
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,401

Post#384 » by threrf23 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:49 pm

Jammer wrote:
threrf23 wrote:Tatum is averaging 22/7/8 this series, while shooting 45% from 3, getting to the line 6+ (FTAs) times per game, and playing stellar defense at times if not in general.

You’re 100% wrong. Tatum’s Overall shooting % and turnovers for his time on court put him below what you’d expect from a Top 40 player.

Ok.

Then Scottie Pippen, 1994 ECS, is an easy answer for you. There are probably a few other series' where Pippen qualifies, but that's where his shot volume and turnovers and overall usage was very easily comparable to Tatum against the Warriors.
tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,366

Post#385 » by tlee324 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:21 pm

That's not really an impressive redemptive level of production for a player of his capabilities. It's subpar for a number one, and first team all-NBA player. This will be a failure on his part if he doesn't play to the level he's capable of on the league's highest stage, period.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,696

Post#386 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:03 pm

tlee324 wrote:

That's not really an impressive redemptive level of production for a player of his capabilities. It's subpar for a number one, and first team all-NBA player. This will be a failure on his part if he doesn't play to the level he's capable of on the league's highest stage, period.

In a vacuum his stats look great but if you really look at what's going on he struggling. He's shooting 27% for twos, he's turning the ball over an absurd amount of times (14 TO in 4 games) and he has to be missing five or six what should be considered layups for him per game. On top of that, he's struggling badly from the free throw line.
*Insert witty signature here.*
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,401

Post#387 » by threrf23 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:43 pm

tlee324 wrote:

I don't dispute that much I'm just saying that overall he's not playing like trash, he resembles Scottie Pippen asked to be Michael Jordan more than he resembles the player some are making him out to have been these past few games.

Return to Boston Celtics