ImageImageImage

NBA Finals Game 5 Loss 6/13 (GSW 3-2)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,675

Re: NBA Finals Game 5 Loss 6/13 (GSW 3-2) 

Post#241 » by The Corey's » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:00 am

The Comedian wrote:I think we win Thursday, then it’s a one game series.

That said, this is why I hated all that finals mvp crap after game 3, series wasn’t even close to over, and it’s still not.

Dono what series you're watching. Wiggins is the obvious MVP.
Bar Fight
RealGM
And1: 15,864

Post#242 » by Bar Fight » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:03 am

The Comedian wrote:I think we win Thursday, then it’s a one game series.

That said, this is why I hated all that finals mvp crap after game 3, series wasn’t even close to over, and it’s still not.

I mean, the series is pretty close to over considering the next two games are elimination games
Bostondave
Analyst
And1: 2,058

Post#243 » by Bostondave » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:12 am

I'll be shocked if GS doesn't close out next game. I'll be amazed. GS is a team that knows how to bring the sword down on exposed neck. The Celts do not. I've been saying it, the Celts aren't ready yet. Just not ready. Maybe next year. Not quite yet.
Asian Celtic
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,615

Post#244 » by Asian Celtic » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:23 am

The Comedian wrote:
Asian Celtic wrote:They ain't champions until they eliminate us.

Multi tasking?

Already flushed the doom and gloom into the toilet, poor babies had to take one for the team.

Back to #teampositive baby!
batabatuta
Pro Prospect
And1: 760

Post#245 » by batabatuta » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:33 am

Marvel wrote:BTW Pritch ain't it. Sorry not Sorry.

To be fair, it's his sophomore year. You can't expect him not to be overwhelmed being in the NBA finals but I agree right now, Prich ain't it. He sucked in this series. I know he will be down the line but maybe not on this team I dunno.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#246 » by BostonCouchGM » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:14 am

White was atrocious. Absolute liability on the floor all night. The Warriors took turns scoring on him. I honestly don't know where the narrative that he's a good defender comes from. He's just not. I think it's maybe because he puts in the effort and forces some flash turnovers on occasion? I dunno. He couldn't have played worse and he was a major reason why we lost this game so that trade will look horrible should we not close out this series imho.

Jaylen played even worse than White because he has the best matchups in the series and obviously more talent with higher expectations. You could tell they made a concerted effort to get him the ball from the start and he was not up to the task. Bricks left and right and loads of turnovers. It might be the worst playoff performance from him given the stakes, of his career. He was gifted a few trips to the FT line otherwise his numbers would better reflect how bad he was. His handle remains a joke all these years later as is his BBIQ. All of the laughable people on here and the internet claiming he's been our best player, should be Finals MVP and he's top 25 superstar should be embarrassed.

Pritchard has been off. However, he's not an off-ball SG. This is on Ime. Pritchard is a starting caliber PG who needs to run the offense in order to be in the flow of the game. I badly want him traded to a team that knows how to utilize him correctly. Anyone blaming a guy who played 5 minutes for this loss should maybe never post another time on a basketball forum in their lives.

Tatum played like a star and got us back into the game. But with zero rest his body broke down and his shot was short down the stretch. At least he answered the call. He played well enough for us to win the game if anyone else helped. Reading posts about him on here and elsewhere really separated the people who know what they're talking about from casuals with no clue so at least it helped identify those people so the list of those who don't deserve attention grew.

We beat up a bunch of injured or tanking teams up until now since the New Year. Lots of praise has been heaped on Ime because of it. He's getting exposed quite badly. His rotations, the way he has us switching, or not, and defending their shooters has all been awful. But worst of all is how we flop, bitch and moan all game long. A great coach would have put that to an end long ago but it's never been worse than it is now. Smart, Jaylen, Tatum, Grant...it's constant. Every game multiple possessions on the defensive end are affected by this. Because we've been winning against much inferior teams these past six months nobody has noticed or cared. Well, it's on full display against the healthiest good team we've faced in months and it's not a good look.

I still think we should win this series. We have a talent advantage without a doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if we beat them soundly in Game 6. With how one-sided the officiating (in our favor) continues to be, it just seems like the league wants us to win and if we can get it to a Game 7, with how it's being officiated, I think they hand it to us.
Garbanzo
Junior
And1: 398

Post#247 » by Garbanzo » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:38 am

I am amazed Udoka decided to try this kind of defense at game 5. Shocked.

I know we had trouble an offense, but its because the kind of defense we played, which can be played only by a team who has a bench due to fatigue.

I'm not mad at any player beside Al, they gave all they had. They were tired.

It was due that Curry will have a bad shooting game, I said so in the pure game thread..
This was the exact time to keep dropping on the picks, protect the paint, and make GS offense stagnant.
If we have lost gane 5 that way, we could at least implement the high pressure defense in a must win game 6..
Now they warriors have time to correct mistakes they had for that kind of defense we should have tried in game 6..

It really was like Ime was the love child of Tom Thibodeau and Doc, I'm sure he can do better.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#248 » by FlatearthZorro » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:39 am

We simply cannot turn the ball over. That's it.
If we do not, I think we win. 20 TOs and some of them awful, maybe half is a bit too much. We still have a decent shot.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#249 » by FlatearthZorro » Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:43 am

Fire Danny wrote:6 Turnovers v 18

Fire Danny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too many, yea I just wrote that. If we go over 15, we lose the game, just way too many wasted possessions and way too many chances for GSW.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,692

Post#250 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:06 am

London2Boston wrote:This team’s floor is so low and it continues to get lower and set all new levels of crap.

This is over. Team will lay another dud at home and a poetic end.

The floor seems to be a 4-2 loss in the Finals.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,692

Post#251 » by Fencer reregistered » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:08 am

Anyhow, guys were OBVIOUSLY exhausted at the end. A lot of jumpers were short. Others looked to be shot with unnatural motions in an attempt to give extra oomph to compensate for tired legs. (Didn't work accuracy-wise.) And of course ball movement was much reduced -- just a rather stationary 5-out offense with not a lot of perimeter relocation to optimize the drive-and-kick plays.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,287

Post#252 » by Marvel » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:32 am

He said 'bounce back' right at the end :rofl:

Marvel
RealGM
And1: 14,287

Post#253 » by Marvel » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:34 am

Jayson 'bounce back' Tatum
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Veteran
And1: 6,489

Post#254 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:34 am

Yinwest wrote:Was at work so couldn't watch, couldn’t watch game 6 either, FML. :(

Anyway, positively ladies and gentlemen.
:D

Wait, so you're the reason we lost!!!

Please consider your priorities in life, a Celts chip or your work.

TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,262

Post#255 » by TheMartian » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:59 am

What happened to sharing the ball? 18 assists on 75 shots. Ball stayed too much in our big 3's hands (53 shot attempts from JT, JB and Smart). Didn't get much involvement from the rest of the team who took 22 shots total (with 2 actually coming in garbage time). Meanwhile GSW bench alone took 20 shots.

For an offense predicated on sharing the ball, Celtics did a piss poor job getting the ball around.
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,262

Post#256 » by TheMartian » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:01 am

Still rooting for the Celtics in 7, but I'm not seeing the same resilient team we saw from rounds 1 to 3. I'm seeing a tired, worn-down team that complains too much and lets the officiating get to them. Bad body language overall. Gives me less confidence right now about their chances.
The Corey's
RealGM
And1: 6,675

Post#257 » by The Corey's » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:42 am

Gsw fans talking who MVP is and how the Celtics are losing to a team of essentially 3 aging vets.

God let there be cosmic karma.
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,530

Post#258 » by 165bows » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:57 am

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
ConstableGeneva wrote:
Read on Twitter

By Game 11 we're gonna get this fixed I promise.

It would be understandable if we could say 'Hey GS defends well, **** happens'.. But they are not a better defensive team than the last two and the Celtics have had these stupid 18+ TO games since the Nets series.

**** frustrating as hell.

Yep.

If we were playing Pippen and Jordan I could accept it. But losing the ball on drives, throwing passes straight to defenders etc has been a theme all playoffs. Last series they genuinely just gifted Struss multiple possessions with their stupidity.

I’ve genuinely never seen anything like it from a finals team.

GS was the best defensive team in the league this year.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,864

Post#259 » by Larry_Russell » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:01 am

Inexperience

Turnovers

That is all.

They play like they reaĺly believe they are champions and they will be.

Only have to win 2 in a row.

We got this
165bows
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,530

Post#260 » by 165bows » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:03 am

CelticsPride18 wrote:
165bows wrote:
return2glory wrote:Tatum airballed 5 of his last 6 shots and went 0-2 from the line.

It was obvious to almost everyone except Ime.

Brown was awful all game. But I guess not bad enough in Ime's eyes to rest him 2-3 minutes in the 2nd half.

Smart was so tired he stopped playing defense with 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

Ime and the coaching staff was too stupid not to give these guys at least a 3 minute rest in the 2nd half.

We were up 71-67, and GS went on a 18-3 run after that. Game and series over.

So close with winning our 2nd title in the last 37 years. Ime drives the team to the ground but not trusting him bench. He rather go with Tatum, Brown and Smart with no legs left, rather that rest them 2 minutes in the 3rd and 2 to start the 4th.

Agreed tho white throwing up an egg two games in a row has been a problem. White and Brown bomb in the same game and it’s playing with one guard.

He had 16 in game 4.

Still laid an egg. Was 4/14 and a -19 in that game. Something like 55 mins, 4/18 FG, 17 points over two games. I mean, they prob aren’t here without him but he’s been a disaster on offense the last two games.

Return to Boston Celtics