ImageImageImage

Celts Turn Up The Heat! ECF Game 4 Victory Cigar vs MIA 5/23 (MIA leads 3-1)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Who smokes the big playoff cigar?

Tatum
59%
Brown
5%
Smart
2%
Horford
3%
White
2%
Rob
1%
Brogdon
No votes
Grant
19%
Other/Coach/Team
10%

Total votes: 108

djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,232

Re: Celts Turn Up The Heat! ECF Game 4 Victory Cigar vs MIA 5/23 (MIA leads 3-1) 

Post#221 » by djFan71 » Wed May 24, 2023 3:40 pm

Fencer reregistered wrote:
djFan71 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:All the “reports” about infighting are trash. Didn’t look like a splintered team out there.

I need more of these reports please. Seemed to work.

I think everybody agrees:

-- The Celtics have felt helpless at times against the Heat.
-- Everybody on the Celtics side wishes the coach could have done more to help them out.

And that's about as far as it seems to go.

Not scandalous enough. They'd read dog walker ads on the bulletin board before this.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: Celts Turn Up The Heat! ECF Game 4 Victory Cigar vs MIA 5/23 (MIA leads 3-1) 

Post#222 » by skywalker33 » Wed May 24, 2023 4:41 pm

reload141 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:So, JUST Maybe....

I’ve been waiting for you to grace our boards mate.

SKYWALKER IS HERE FINALLY!

Well, I'd be here more often if you guys can pull your heads out, a DEN/BOS matchup would be KEWL, but......
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,501

Post#223 » by bisme37 » Wed May 24, 2023 5:51 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 38,349

Post#224 » by PierceFan4ever » Wed May 24, 2023 6:08 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Fraud
Deivork
Starter
And1: 1,788

Post#225 » by Deivork » Wed May 24, 2023 9:12 pm

Conflicted by the win :-? I want Mazzulla out
Parasite
Starter
And1: 2,227

Post#226 » by Parasite » Wed May 24, 2023 9:38 pm

NYCelticsfan136 wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
Parasite wrote:
I didn’t say that. I said they aren’t winning the series. There are too many fundamental flaws with this team. Playing well for a half when you are already down 3-0 to the 8th seed doesn’t change that.

I feel the same way. I think they can win game 5 and keep the series somewhat interesting but they dug themselves in such a deep hole I am just not expecting them to win this series; especially with their streaky at best three point shooting.

Just win game 5 and anything is possible. If they survive the onslaught early in a game 6 they might have a chance. One thing is for sure is that Miami does not want a game 7.

In the entire history of the NBA, teams who were down 0-3 in a 7 game series have NEVER come back to win. They are a combined 0-149. Read that again. 0-149. Let’s have a little perspective shall we? There are way too many people acting like everything is fixed. It’s absurd.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#227 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed May 24, 2023 10:23 pm

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
aim2please wrote:
They were red hot vs Bucks, cold against the Knicks. Luckily for them Knicks also couldn't buy a 3 in that series so it wasn't a deciding factor.

Listen, I respect them, I respect Spo, but this cinderella story doesn't happen if 3p shooting wasn't drastically in their favor against two best teams in the league. It is what it is.

It's not a good take to say they aren't winning if they aren't scoring :lol:

Miami is better than us. It's pretty simple.

Basketball is still a team game. It's not about the best players. It's about who has the best teams.

Miami is more disciplined and more consistent than we are. Idk if they are better..I actually think they are nowhere near us if we talk about both teams playing at their best. The problem is they are consistently at their best and we do it when we feel like it.

Miami is better than us. But this is a bizzarely weird run. They lost to the Hawks about 3 weeks ago. They were one of the worst offensive teams in the game. Now all of the sudden the Hornets reserve Martin and undrafted Vincent are killing it. Also, Bam, who's a poor man's prime Horford(imo) is also scoring on a super high level. Anyways, to me, it is a Cinderella story combined with good coaching and leadership(Butler). I would be shocked if they go past 5 vs the Nuggets, they aren't us.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#228 » by FlatearthZorro » Wed May 24, 2023 10:26 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
reload141 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:So, JUST Maybe....

Well, I'd be here more often if you guys can pull your heads out, a DEN/BOS matchup would be KEWL, but......

Dang, where you've been Skywalker, I was worried...

You will face the Heat and mop up the floor with them so long as Jokic is healthy. I don't see us making it due to many reasons I already stated.

Jokic for FMVP?
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#229 » by skywalker33 » Thu May 25, 2023 12:26 am

FlatearthZorro wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
reload141 wrote:

Dang, where you've been Skywalker, I was worried...

You will face the Heat and mop up the floor with them so long as Jokic is healthy. I don't see us making it due to many reasons I already stated.

Jokic for FMVP?

We’ll either get vengeance for you….or have an EPIC battle with you. Actually rooting for the latter, keep your end of it
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,641

Post#230 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu May 25, 2023 12:45 am

Parasite wrote:
NYCelticsfan136 wrote:
The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:
I feel the same way. I think they can win game 5 and keep the series somewhat interesting but they dug themselves in such a deep hole I am just not expecting them to win this series; especially with their streaky at best three point shooting.

Just win game 5 and anything is possible. If they survive the onslaught early in a game 6 they might have a chance. One thing is for sure is that Miami does not want a game 7.

In the entire history of the NBA, teams who were down 0-3 in a 7 game series have NEVER come back to win. They are a combined 0-149. Read that again. 0-149. Let’s have a little perspective shall we? There are way too many people acting like everything is fixed. It’s absurd.

You're just plain wrong.

It's now 0-150, not 0-149 lol. After the Lakers lost to the Nuggets.
Parasite
Starter
And1: 2,227

Post#231 » by Parasite » Thu May 25, 2023 1:11 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Parasite wrote:
NYCelticsfan136 wrote:

You're just plain wrong.

It's now 0-150, not 0-149 lol. After the Lakers lost to the Nuggets.

You got me :lol:
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Veteran
And1: 6,470

Post#232 » by Mr_Mojo_Risin » Thu May 25, 2023 2:05 am

BRUNiNHO91 wrote:
The Corey's wrote:
aim2please wrote:
They were red hot vs Bucks, cold against the Knicks. Luckily for them Knicks also couldn't buy a 3 in that series so it wasn't a deciding factor.

Listen, I respect them, I respect Spo, but this cinderella story doesn't happen if 3p shooting wasn't drastically in their favor against two best teams in the league. It is what it is.

It's not a good take to say they aren't winning if they aren't scoring :lol:

Miami is better than us. It's pretty simple.

Basketball is still a team game. It's not about the best players. It's about who has the best teams.

Miami is more disciplined and more consistent than we are. Idk if they are better..I actually think they are nowhere near us if we talk about both teams playing at their best. The problem is they are consistently at their best and we do it when we feel like it.

Being more disciplined and consistent makes them better does it not? Games aren’t played on paper and the results speak for themselves.

Being disciplined and consistent are difficult mental skills. Mental talent is every bit as important as physical talent.

I hope our players can learn that because then I would agree we would be the better team. Thankfully we still have a glimmer of hope to turn it around and something about being against elimination with our players seems to bring better focus.
Bostondave
Analyst
And1: 2,058

Post#233 » by Bostondave » Thu May 25, 2023 3:12 am

Beware. Heat had a letdown in game 4. As they should have. In their mind and psychology they were secure in the fact that "hey, we can afford to lose this one". So, just watch out. Doesn't pay to get too up when these guys win or too down when they lose.....except of course now them losing would be the end. But point remains, watch out.
bigboi
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,028

Post#234 » by bigboi » Fri May 26, 2023 12:44 am

WE ARE SO BACK. Joe must’ve started using his coaching voice
tlee324 wrote:
Lebron made it to the finals with that cleveland team.

Bird would have won 4 rings with that team, in this weak ass era of basketball.
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 38,349

Post#235 » by PierceFan4ever » Fri May 26, 2023 12:46 am

The Garden A+++ rn loudest all season
bigboi
Lead Assistant

Post#236 » by bigboi » Fri May 26, 2023 12:47 am

THIS GIVING ME 08 Celtics VOBES WTFFFFF. Tf Joe say to folks
tlee324 wrote:

bigboi
Lead Assistant

Post#237 » by bigboi » Fri May 26, 2023 12:51 am

Baby Kobe putting a tear in my eye
tlee324 wrote:

Return to Boston Celtics