ImageImageImage

Welcome to Boston, Neemias Queta! – Converted to NBA Contract (Apr 8, 2024)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,929

Re: Welcome to Boston, Neemias Queta! 

Post#261 » by Celts17Pride » Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:15 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Queta is really making Kornet expendable.
Kornet (as well as Mykhailiuk, Stevens and Banton) are not fully Guaranteed until the NBA date for all Contracts: Jan 10, 2024.

Celtics need both Queta and Kornet. Doubt either one is going anywhere. Don’t know if you noticed but Horford and Porzingis are not exactly iron men.
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,397

Post#262 » by Homerclease » Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:39 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=2r3K1qCL2UmIu9zb8OVdDw

It’s not perfect but the guy just makes things happen out there. Convert him now
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,325

Post#263 » by Gant » Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:47 pm

Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,325

Post#264 » by Gant » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:02 pm

A few quotes from today's Globe article on Queta.

“This is what I’ve been pretty much waiting on,” Queta said of his increased role. “Being ready for these type of moments. I had two years to do that. And whenever it is my turn, just be ready and everything works itself out. With time, the game’s just been slowing down for me and I’m getting more comfortable on the court.”

“It’s definitely fulfilling,” he said about his countrymen seeing him stick on an NBA roster. “It’s a different world over here. I want to be able to kind of incorporate it back home, whether it’s by people watching me, whether it’s bringing camps over there, whether it’s just having more presence in the basketball world from Portugal. That’s something I want to be able to implement and keep growing like a tree.”

The Celtics will have a decision to make if Queta keeps playing this well. Kornet is playing on a nonguaranteed contract that would become guaranteed if he remains on the roster Jan. 10. Queta is making a case for being a permanent part of the second unit and his discovery last September is a testament to the Celtics’ philosophy of developing young talent despite lacking first-round draft picks.

“I feel like [battling in the paint] is what brought me to the league, so I have to keep emphasizing being one of those players that does the dirty work,” he said. “That’s definitely something I have in my game.

paywall-
https://www.bostonglobe.com/2023/12/23/sports/center-neemias-quetas-value-celtics-increases-with-every-performance/
jonige94
Senior
And1: 634

Post#265 » by jonige94 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:55 pm

Proud of my countreymen, hopefully he keeps getting better and better.
playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,549

Post#266 » by playa-hater » Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:52 pm

Gant wrote:A few quotes from today's Globe article on Queta.

“This is what I’ve been pretty much waiting on,” Queta said of his increased role. “Being ready for these type of moments. I had two years to do that. And whenever it is my turn, just be ready and everything works itself out. With time, the game’s just been slowing down for me and I’m getting more comfortable on the court.”

“It’s definitely fulfilling,” he said about his countrymen seeing him stick on an NBA roster. “It’s a different world over here. I want to be able to kind of incorporate it back home, whether it’s by people watching me, whether it’s bringing camps over there, whether it’s just having more presence in the basketball world from Portugal. That’s something I want to be able to implement and keep growing like a tree.”

The Celtics will have a decision to make if Queta keeps playing this well. Kornet is playing on a nonguaranteed contract that would become guaranteed if he remains on the roster Jan. 10. Queta is making a case for being a permanent part of the second unit and his discovery last September is a testament to the Celtics’ philosophy of developing young talent despite lacking first-round draft picks.

“I feel like [battling in the paint] is what brought me to the league, so I have to keep emphasizing being one of those players that does the dirty work,” he said. “That’s definitely something I have in my game.

paywall-
https://www.bostonglobe.com/2023/12/23/sports/center-neemias-quetas-value-celtics-increases-with-every-performance/

The Bold is reason number one why I like him. Boston needs that. And while still raw, he brings a presence and even some intimidation in there. He may not be the vertical spacer or Talent that Timelord was but does many things similar at an extreme discount without the Health issues.
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,622

Post#267 » by jirrit » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:00 pm

Homerclease wrote:
Read on Twitter

It’s not perfect but the guy just makes things happen out there. Convert him now

Can we win anything by converting him or are there rules that limit our two-way players?
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,193

Post#268 » by ConstableGeneva » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:03 pm

Luke Kornet should run away with Teammate of the Year award after pretending he has a damaged junk just so Joe would play Neemias Queta in his stead. What a hero.

Spoiler:
Conversations with his wife been interesting for a while since Luke is a method actor and brings his work home. Dunno how long he can go on with this "strained groin" act.
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,948

Post#269 » by Parliament10 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:02 pm

jirrit wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
Read on Twitter

Can we win anything by converting him or are there rules that limit our two-way players?

Two-Way players can only play 50 Regular Season Games. AND cannot play in the NBA Playoffs.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
jirrit
Lead Assistant

Post#270 » by jirrit » Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:10 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
jirrit wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
Read on Twitter

Two-Way players can only play 50 Regular Season Games. AND cannot play in the NBA Playoffs.

The first is not a big issue but the second thing certainly is. We definately need Porzingis/Horford back-ups & I'm not a Luke fan at all. I just don't see it. He works for it but just ain't grabbing those (offensive) rebounds and stuff.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#271 » by ConstableGeneva » Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:14 pm

Read on Twitter
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,692

Post#272 » by Fencer reregistered » Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:39 pm

jirrit wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
jirrit wrote:Can we win anything by converting him or are there rules that limit our two-way players?

The first is not a big issue but the second thing certainly is. We definately need Porzingis/Horford back-ups & I'm not a Luke fan at all. I just don't see it. He works for it but just ain't grabbing those (offensive) rebounds and stuff.

Luke captures more offensive rebounds per 100 possessions than Porzingis and Horford COMBINED.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
jirrit
Lead Assistant

Post#273 » by jirrit » Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:31 am

Fencer reregistered wrote:
jirrit wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:Two-Way players can only play 50 Regular Season Games. AND cannot play in the NBA Playoffs.

Luke captures more offensive rebounds per 100 possessions than Porzingis and Horford COMBINED.

That's something my eyes never seemed to capture this season lol. Is that garbage time included though? ;-)
Kids Are Alright
Veteran
And1: 137

Post#274 » by Kids Are Alright » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:43 pm

Love Queta, (Nimmy) but, to be fair, 1/2 of his rebounds are off his ridiculous jump hooks.
Still, I am a huge Queta fan because we haven’t had an offensive rebounder in my memory. Even Perk!
Tanking :nonono: Live for the day 8-)
Kids Are Alright
Veteran
And1: 137

Post#275 » by Kids Are Alright » Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:46 pm

Well, actually, I meant offensive rebounding big. We do have Jrue, Derrick and PP that grab some offensive boards.
Tanking :nonono: Live for the day 8-)
bigfoot_cryptozoology
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,294

Post#276 » by bigfoot_cryptozoology » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:23 am

What do you think Queta is going to do during the Playoffs for this team?
Appear during blowouts.
Exactly.
Celtics are in trouble if he sees any meaningful moments.
Smart2Nesmith43
Sixth Man
And1: 4,188

Post#277 » by Smart2Nesmith43 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:25 pm

Kids Are Alright wrote:Love Queta, (Nimmy) but, to be fair, 1/2 of his rebounds are off his ridiculous jump hooks.
Still, I am a huge Queta fan because we haven’t had an offensive rebounder in my memory. Even Perk!

Robert Williams was a pretty elite offensive rebounder for his entire Celtics tenure (whenever he was on the floor).
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,156

Post#278 » by Hal14 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:46 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
jirrit wrote:
Homerclease wrote:
Read on Twitter

Exactly. And Queta has only played in 9 games so far. So he has 41 more to go before we would need to convert him. There's no reason to do it now..

Mine as well maintain the flexibility that comes with keeping him on the 2-way and keeping that last standard roster spot open..
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,696

Post#279 » by return2glory » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:58 pm

Kids Are Alright wrote:Love Queta, (Nimmy) but, to be fair, 1/2 of his rebounds are off his ridiculous jump hooks.

Enes Kanter.
ConstableGeneva
RealGM

Post#280 » by ConstableGeneva » Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:21 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Boston Celtics