ImageImageImage

Thoughts on Tony Allen

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

No1CeltsFan
Sophomore
And1: 0

Thoughts on Tony Allen 

Post#1 » by No1CeltsFan » Wed Jan 2, 2008 2:43 pm

I ain't been on here in a few and I'm sure it's been posted before. But what does everyone think of TA? Personally I couldn't HATE him at the 1 any more. I don't think it's fair to him either to play the 1. Personally I think he's like a chicken w/his head cut off. I mean if he's pressured (ps why didn't LA pressure him) forget about it it's nothing short of a nightmare. Yeah he played good vs LA, but I mean this isn't it at he backup PG I hope. If so I'd have to take Detroit vs us in 7 and that kills me. The Detroit game showed how bad we need a back up PG. Just someone to play 10-15 min a night. When Rondo got into foul trouble Chauncey destroyed us. Not too mention House and Posey or TA couldn't get the ball over half court. Liek I said I know this has been talked about a million times I'm sure, but I havent been on.
Paul Pierce said it best about Caron Butler and the AS 2007 Game:

"Caron Butler should send me flowers for being injured so he could make the All-Star game, because if I was healthy, he wouldn’t be in there.”
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Post#2 » by Tricky Ricky » Wed Jan 2, 2008 2:44 pm

He will be fine, he looks like hes turning it around again. Last year he was awful everyone gave up on him and then he exploded, and it looks like hes doing the same this season. Lets just hope he doesnt get hurt again
Quote of the year
MyInsatiableOne wrote:Did we just seriously post Danny's personal address and phone # on the board? :o
No1CeltsFan
Sophomore

Post#3 » by No1CeltsFan » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:01 pm

You are half right. He was very good last year when he turned it around, but that was at the 2 spots, not the 1. I am only talking about him in regards to the 1. I like him at the 2. Actually, I like him alot at the 2. TA at the 2 and Posey at the 3 provide great D and energy off the bench. Unfortunately, until we get a back up PG, assuming we even do, TA will log minutes at the 1 and in some games it could be serious minutes. Those games I dread as far as he goes.

When TA thinks he could very well be the worse player on the roster, even behind Scal. When he re-acts he's in the top 7 behind the Big 3, Posey, Eddie House and Rondo. He needs to get his mental game into shape, along with the physical.

Case in point. Look at the Utah game. When he's doing what he's best at, which is D, because he re-acts, he came up with 3 huge steals down the stretch. However, on all 3 he was undecided on WIDE OPEN, 1-on-0 fast breaks. All 3 times he wasn't sure wether to dunk or lay it in. twice he laid it in, but in between those 2, he missed a wide open dunk because he hesitated in mid air.
Paul Pierce said it best about Caron Butler and the AS 2007 Game:

"Caron Butler should send me flowers for being injured so he could make the All-Star game, because if I was healthy, he wouldn’t be in there.”
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Post#4 » by Tricky Ricky » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:27 pm

No1CeltsFan wrote:You are half right. He was very good last year when he turned it around, but that was at the 2 spots, not the 1. I am only talking about him in regards to the 1. I like him at the 2. Actually, I like him alot at the 2. TA at the 2 and Posey at the 3 provide great D and energy off the bench. Unfortunately, until we get a back up PG, assuming we even do, TA will log minutes at the 1 and in some games it could be serious minutes. Those games I dread as far as he goes.

When TA thinks he could very well be the worse player on the roster, even behind Scal. When he re-acts he's in the top 7 behind the Big 3, Posey, Eddie House and Rondo. He needs to get his mental game into shape, along with the physical.

Case in point. Look at the Utah game. When he's doing what he's best at, which is D, because he re-acts, he came up with 3 huge steals down the stretch. However, on all 3 he was undecided on WIDE OPEN, 1-on-0 fast breaks. All 3 times he wasn't sure wether to dunk or lay it in. twice he laid it in, but in between those 2, he missed a wide open dunk because he hesitated in mid air.

Youre right Tony Allen at the 2 is much much better than TA at the 1, last year at the 1 he looked confused at times and struggled then when we put him at the 2 he took over, good point I completely forgot that

Return to Boston Celtics