ImageImageImage

Celtics vs Grizz Gamethread - Friday, January 4th

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

wigglestrue
RealGM
And1: 170

Post#101 » by wigglestrue » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:53 am

But if some of you are going to act like pompous chest thumpers before the game, you might as well stay on your own board.

I agree, both Celtics and Pistons fans should just stay on their own board (unless someone wants to be a diplomat who reaches out with a heaping of praise for the other team...even then things can get tricky). Cross-board visitations are bound to get ugly, and there's really nothing your own board can't provide the night of a game. I was trying to reach out with humor (playing off the "your favorite team" part of cowology's post), and it totally backfired on me.
0:01.8 A. Walker makes 3-pt shot from 28 ft (assist by E. Williams) +3 109-108
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_9qvmXiEuU
humblebum
Banned User
And1: 1,755

Post#102 » by humblebum » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:53 am

Yo scrub, you should go back and re-read the thread on the Pistons board from the last game. C's fans weren't even the real instigators Zeebneeb was trying to incite C's fans and it worked.

Overall I believe C's fans are respectful but times have been tough over the past 20 years... so wouldn't it make sense that we were angry in the past and excited now that the team is doing so well?
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,502

Post#103 » by canman1971 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:57 pm

Scrub Sura wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It's not that Celtics fans aren't welcome. But if some of you are going to act like pompous chest thumpers before the game, you might as well stay on your own board. You'd think some of you would be a little more humble after really not doing much of anything the past 20 years.

But more than anything, this board is notorious for being..let's say "trigger happy". Best example was last season when you couldn't even say "good game" without being marked a troll and given a warning. Or, dare I say, be an outisder and question the faith in Danny Ainge. That is, of course before KG fell in his lap.

I really don't care who comes over. The more interaction, the better. But if you're going to act like idiots(like some, not all) of you did last time before the game, you're going to be treated as so. The forum is not full of board nazi's like this place, but I think they just want to ensure it doesn't get out of hand.

Hell, I'm probalby going to be banned for life for even writing this reply. That's how ridiculous of a reputation this forum has.

First off, I would really like to see a post where someone said "good game" and received a warning. Don't come in here and throw blanket statements that you cannot backup.

The second phrase in bold is what people receive warnings for. Calling mods who, for no compensation, try to keep some sort of civility on these forums Nazis, who murdered millions of people, is outright insulting and the exact definition of trolling. What you just wrote is exactly what you are complaining about from Celtic posters on your board. Being a hypocrite is not a good quality in life.
UGA Hayes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,046

Post#104 » by UGA Hayes » Sat Jan 5, 2008 4:59 pm

^ I'm sure what scrub means is that someone after trolling the entire game thread was courteous enough to say good game before leaving, which OF COURSE should exempt punishment for all of his previous bad behavior.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,685

Post#105 » by Cowology » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:46 pm

wigglestrue wrote:Just a head's up for the Pistons game, their mods are going to be on high alert for trolling. I just posted the opening paragraph of this article from The Onion, then a couple posters got upset at me, so I posted the rest of the article in its entirety. No one got the joke.
Would have helped if you had posted a link or in any way indicated it was a joke. Not everybody reads The Onion.

I have NO problems with you posting on the Pistons board, but as I told you privately the way you went about it come across VERY trollish to anybody unfamiliar with the work you were quoting.
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#106 » by ParticleMan » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:05 pm

Who the hell posts on a message board and doesn't know what The Onion is???? LMAO, they should banned for cluelessness.
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#107 » by Cowology » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:25 pm

ParticleMan wrote:Who the hell posts on a message board and doesn't know what The Onion is???? LMAO, they should banned for cluelessness.
Me for one, as was evidently the case w/ several other Detroit posters. Not everybody reads it, buddy.
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#108 » by greenbeans » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:27 pm

Cowology wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Me for one, as was evidently the case w/ several other Detroit posters. Not everybody reads it, buddy.

eh guy, lay off em. ever heard of SARCASM????
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#109 » by Cowology » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:36 pm

greenbeans wrote:eh guy, lay off em. ever heard of SARCASM????
You're missing the point. But whatever, this really isn't that important.
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#110 » by greenbeans » Sat Jan 5, 2008 9:53 pm

Cowology wrote:this really isn't that important.

no, its not, this is an internet message board. quit taking yourself so seriously
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,694

Post#111 » by ParticleMan » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:21 pm

greenbeans wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

no, its not, this is an internet message board. quit taking yourself so seriously

QFT
:nod:

Return to Boston Celtics