ImageImageImage

Who is on your All-Break-through Team?

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Who is on your All-Break-through Team? 

Post#1 » by ddb » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:00 pm

Considering all the great young talent in this league, who would you piece together to create your All-Break-Through Team?

Criteria being that this is the first season that they've made a lot of noise across the league. Last season's team would have included Loul Deng, Monta Ellis, etc.

1st team

C. LaMarcus Aldridge
PF. Al Jefferson
SF. Josh Smith
SG. Brandon Roy
PG. Rajon Rondo

2nd Team

C. Andrew Bynum
PF. Al Horford
SF. Travis Outlaw
SG. Kevin Durant
PG. Louis Williams
CelticsWhat!
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#2 » by CelticsWhat! » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:02 pm

I would say Jefferson already broke through last year. He won player of the week honors, so what he's doing now should not be a surprise to anyone.
"If you drop a phonograph needle on Brasky's nipple, it plays the Beach Boys' 'Pet Sounds.'"
ddb
RealGM

Post#3 » by ddb » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:06 pm

He's borderline. This is his first full-season of playing at a very high level. He's a breakthrough performer if you ask me. You can EXPECT a player to be good and still consider him a breakthrough performer.
CelticsWhat!
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#4 » by CelticsWhat! » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:28 pm

ddb wrote:He's borderline. This is his first full-season of playing at a very high level. He's a breakthrough performer if you ask me. You can EXPECT a player to be good and still consider him a breakthrough performer.

You do realize the season is only 30 games deep, right? Big Al put up 17 and 11 through the final 5 months of the season. He already a proven scorer and one of the best young big men in the game. If he wasn't, we wouldn't have KG right now.

Also, Josh Smith's numbers aren't much different from last year. And you'd think a guy his age would make some significant improvements year to year.
"If you drop a phonograph needle on Brasky's nipple, it plays the Beach Boys' 'Pet Sounds.'"
Scalamental
Sixth Man
And1: 146

Post#5 » by Scalamental » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:10 pm

To me Big Al's break through was last season as was with Josh Smiths, so I'd put it like so...

1st Team

C. LaMarcus Aldridge
PF. Travis Outlaw
SF. Kevin Durant
SG. Brandon Roy
PG. Rajon Rondo

2nd Team

C. Andrew Bynum
PF. Al Horford
SF. Jamario Moon
SG. Louis Williams
PG. Juan Carlos Navarro
Egregious Blunder
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Egregious Blunder » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:12 pm

you have to mention chris kaman. the kid has been phenomenal this year. definitly my vote for MIP
ddb
RealGM

Post#7 » by ddb » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:09 pm

Chris Kaman was awesome two seasons ago. Then he sucked last year. I thought about him but don't consider him a break through player. He's a "bouce back" player.

We'll discount Big Al and Josh Smith from the list. Both players were good last year. Good point.
wetsthebed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,216

Post#8 » by wetsthebed » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:18 pm

ddb wrote:Chris Kaman was awesome two seasons ago. Then he sucked last year. I thought about him but don't consider him a break through player. He's a "bouce back" player.
Chris Kaman was good 2 years ago, but he was 11/10 good, not 18/14 good.

Return to Boston Celtics