ImageImageImage

Celtics Stuff Live! W/Sean Grande: Sun. 1/6 @ 7:00PM, EST.

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

The real JB
Junior
And1: 1

Celtics Stuff Live! W/Sean Grande: Sun. 1/6 @ 7:00PM, EST. 

Post#1 » by The real JB » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:30 pm

When I think of Sean Grande, I think of an announcer with great insight and a rapier wit.

He's certainly one of the most informed and entertaining sports voices in today's media and we are very proud to have him as our guest this Sunday.

Did you know that that there are "Broadcaster of the Week" awards? Neither did I, but Sean was so proclaimed by NBA.com in this article http://www.nba.com/features/grande.html published on Dec. 1st., 2007.

Here is the glowing bio. printed with that column.

Considered one of the nation's premier young sportscasters, Sean Grande is currently in his ninth season in the NBA and sixth as the voice of the Boston Celtics. Prior to landing in Boston, Sean spent three seasons with the Minnesota Timberwolves where he earned the distinction of being the youngest announcer in the League at the age of 28. In addition to his NBA pedigree, Sean has announced everything from the NHL to college football, basketball and hockey, earning an Emmy in 1999 for his play-by-play work during the NCAA hockey tournament, and over the last four years serving as the "Voice of the Frozen Four" on Westwood One.

How did Sean get started in broadcasting? From that same article, I'll let him describe that motivation.......

.......pure magic. It
JB
"Yes Indeed!"

Return to Boston Celtics