ImageImageImage

Trade Scalabrine + Pruitt for Tyrone Lue ??

Moderators: bisme37, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey

Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,378

Post#21 » by Red2 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:03 pm

when I read how Lue was garnett's best friend I thought he was a guy we could acquire. I would not give up pruitt though. scal and a 2nd or scal straight up should be enough
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
reggielewis
Veteran
And1: 313

Post#22 » by reggielewis » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:27 pm

i like gabe and like tony allen i would only move him for a young vet (although cassell would be the exception) I know we should get all our ducks ina a row this yr because the window to win a championship is always small, but i just cant see lue being a difference maker. i woudl rather get him next summer as he is best buds with kg and loves doc too. there may be a lot of vets that become avaialble (word is lindsey isnt gettting run in detroit right now) so unless it is a trade that can help us now and for the next 2-3 yrs i would rather see who we can sign next summer and who gets bought out
LenBiasBaller
Senior
And1: 2

Post#23 » by LenBiasBaller » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:38 pm

I like Eric Snow he is big and plays great defense. He would be key vs. the Cavs/Detroit in the playoffs...only problem is he used to have a jumpshot until he was totally exposed in the playoffs...they were playing 10 ft. off of him and he was terrified to even think of taking a jumpshot....

IMO we are good where we are now...some depth at pg would be nice but our record should tell us one thing...if it aint broke dont fix it! Chemistry is unbelievable for us...

I wish we had posey and house locked up for 2-3 years...I would hate to see the two of them leave next year...they make our bench very respectable...Posey has a player option so he might opt out and house is only signed for a year...

Pruitt is an intriguing young talent and we need to hold on to him even if we are making a championship run...we have two open roster spots, if we are patient someone might fall into our laps if we go down that road to bolster our roster for the playoffs...
UGA Hayes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,138

Post#24 » by UGA Hayes » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:56 pm

Well if we were to bring a PG in, Lue is the kind I'd probably want. We can hide his defensive shortcomings in return we get a guy who is a good ballhandler and shooter which is what we want.
daveisceltics
Bench Warmer
And1: 517

Post#25 » by daveisceltics » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:50 pm

I would stick with Pruitt.
I'm all about winning now, and we are.
We also need a future.

Return to Boston Celtics