ImageImageImage

Posey razzes Detroit

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

ysF
Junior
And1: 0

Posey razzes Detroit 

Post#1 » by ysF » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:58 am

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Quite a scene it was, the one Boston Celtics forward James Posey was making as the final seconds ticked off the clock.

"Thanks for coming," Posey yelled to the fans behind the visitors bench, using his loudest, most sing-songy voice.

"Adios! See ya," Posey said, mocking the Detroit Pistons' fans, pretending to wipe tears from his eyes. "What's the score?"

And to end it all, Posey threw in one more insult, intoning the "Deeeeee-troit basketball!" rally cry that Palace announcer John Mason has made his signature.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/s ... id=3183390

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Chief
Senior
And1: 1

Post#2 » by Chief » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:12 am

Those fans in detroit are some of the worst in the NBA .. they deserved it.
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Re: Posey razzes Detroit 

Post#3 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:23 am

ysF wrote:
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Quite a scene it was, the one Boston Celtics forward James Posey was making as the final seconds ticked off the clock.

"Thanks for coming," Posey yelled to the fans behind the visitors bench, using his loudest, most sing-songy voice.

"Adios! See ya," Posey said, mocking the Detroit Pistons' fans, pretending to wipe tears from his eyes. "What's the score?"

And to end it all, Posey threw in one more insult, intoning the "Deeeeee-troit basketball!" rally cry that Palace announcer John Mason has made his signature.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/s ... id=3183390

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Good.
Mister Keys
Ballboy

Post#4 » by Mister Keys » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:49 am

I see a rivalry in the making
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,917

Post#5 » by theGreatRC » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:41 am

Posey is awesome.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Tricky Ricky
Analyst

Post#6 » by Tricky Ricky » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:53 pm

lol I love it but say if it was Chauncey doing it to us Id hate it
Quote of the year
MyInsatiableOne wrote:Did we just seriously post Danny's personal address and phone # on the board? :o
Tenbomber
Banned User
And1: 989

Post#7 » by Tenbomber » Mon Jan 7, 2008 2:07 pm

I understand how charged up the C's were to have beaten Detroit...But I didn't like all the showboating...any more than I like trash talking...its the same element IMO...

They could have done without that...

This just gives the media something to talk about...And the Pistons a futher resolve to beat us next time and in a series final should indeed that happen...

Its a "chink" in the Celtic's armour....and I hope Doc fixes it...JMO

We have to remember that we havent won anything yet..
Kefa461
RealGM
And1: 430

Post#8 » by Kefa461 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 2:37 pm

They (whomever) do it it's called swagger, we do it it's called disrespectful. my oh my it makes me remember the old days.....we were called the same for towel wavers remember, ML Carr on the bench. Bad Losers they are . 8)

ps.....we're not the team that does a circle jerk on others teams court like they own it. So they have no right to say they are respectful of other teams fans. So IMHO **** em and their fans, Posey's a C's and he can pop all he wants. 8)
WE ARE CELTIC NATION
17 TITLES, ON TO #18.
bru87tr
Rookie

Post#9 » by bru87tr » Mon Jan 7, 2008 2:39 pm

how is this news ? why are they making a big deal about it ?

they deserved the rubbing in the face, the way they started the pre-game dance. stop your crying and get over it. the celtics have every right to rub it in the way detroit carrys themselves.

bullies are always the biggest cry babies. look at wallace everytime he gets called for a foul, he reminds me of the mannings.

get over it detroit. the two best teams played, it was a big game. for detroit to say it meant nothing is the biggest piece of hog doo I have ever heard.
bru87tr
Rookie

Post#10 » by bru87tr » Mon Jan 7, 2008 2:42 pm

Kefa461 wrote:They (whomever) do it it's called swagger, we do it it's called disrespectful. my oh my it makes me remember the old days.....we were called the same for towel wavers remember, ML Carr on the bench. Bad Losers they are . 8)

isn't that the truth!!!! it happens all the time with the Patriots. its ok for other teams, just not for us. I guess when you rule 3 sports , thats gonna happen. :)
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,018

Post#11 » by darrendaye » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:07 pm

I have no problems with trash talking. It's been a part of the game for decades and as much a psychological ploy as anything. I can't support the theatrics though. I've always followed the attage, "act like you've been there before."
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
BigHands
Lead Assistant
And1: 126
Location: On the bow contemplating the grandeur of the iceberg

Post#12 » by BigHands » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:12 pm

Tenbomber wrote:I understand how charged up the C's were to have beaten Detroit...But I didn't like all the showboating...any more than I like trash talking...its the same element IMO...

They could have done without that...

This just gives the media something to talk about...And the Pistons a futher resolve to beat us next time and in a series final should indeed that happen...

Its a "chink" in the Celtic's armour....and I hope Doc fixes it...JMO

We have to remember that we havent won anything yet..

I have to agree with you on the mouthing off....all of us look kind of like little kids on Christmas....fans and players alike.

The are playing great and that is wonderful....but drooling is still drooling....it was a game and now it is history and although I love Big Baby the rookie is highly unlikely to eat Sheed up in the 4th quarter of playoff games.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
bru87tr
Rookie

Post#13 » by bru87tr » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:14 pm

I like to drool.

get over it.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#14 » by Flash3 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:19 pm

theGreatRC wrote:Posey is awesome.
:nod:

1st it was Chicago, and now Detroit? lol

Posey is indeed, awesome! -- Gotta love him.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,018

Post#15 » by darrendaye » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:26 pm

I'll add, I don't have a problem with Posey jawing with the fans. This kind of thing happens all of the time. It's only news now because the team has the media spotlight on them. What I cannot stand is the jersey poppin' (at least excessively or in post-game machismo type situations) or braggardly gestures as they're leaving the court.

In the heat of the action, the jersey pop can be construed as a rallying cry. Doing it after the game portrays insecurity and arrogance.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
HighAboveCourtside
Sophomore

Post#16 » by HighAboveCourtside » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:43 pm

I think the jersey pop is the least disrespectful thing you could do. Jersey pop means you're supporting your team, giving props to the name on the front. If they were doing the Rob Van Dam point to the name on the back, that'd be one thing. GO BOSTON and GO CELTICS!
THE X-FACTOR
Senior

Post#17 » by THE X-FACTOR » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:57 pm

bru87tr wrote:they deserved the rubbing in the face, the way they started the pre-game dance.

Well since they did the same team dance before playing Milwaukee, Charlotte, (if you want to put your team at their level) Memphis, and every other team they played at home the past several seasons I guess you could say it meant nothing since they do it each and every home game. It wasn't anything special or for the Boston Celtics. They didn't do the dance for Celtics so don't make yourselves feel important. I didn't know it bothered other teams players and fans so much. Now I am happy it psyches them out so much.
Red2
RealGM
And1: 4,383

Post#18 » by Red2 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:02 pm

what they forgot to emention was how those fans were heckling the celts all night long. this stuff doesn't mean anything. it will all be determined on the court
"Now, there's a steal by Bird..!"
DorfonCeltics
Analyst
And1: 215

Post#19 » by DorfonCeltics » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:14 pm

HighAboveCourtside wrote:I think the jersey pop is the least disrespectful thing you could do. Jersey pop means you're supporting your team, giving props to the name on the front. If they were doing the Rob Van Dam point to the name on the back, that'd be one thing. GO BOSTON and GO CELTICS!

+1

I couldn't agree more.
ParticleMan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,745

Post#20 » by ParticleMan » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:52 pm

Good stuff Pose!!!

If it raises the stakes for the next Detroit game, all the better.

We need to face the opponent's best during the reg season. We need playoff-like atmospheres. This team has never had playoff experience, so we have to get that type of experience during the RS.

Return to Boston Celtics