ImageImageImage

Celtics-Bobcats Post Game Thread - 1/8/08

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

hickfromfrenchlick
General Manager
And1: 9,125

Post#21 » by hickfromfrenchlick » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:03 am

Double post
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#22 » by mr_sunshine » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:04 am

At least Detroit is getting waxed by the Mavs tonight and will probably lose tonight at SA as well. :clap:
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,434

Post#23 » by shackles10 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:17 am

We barely scored any points and J-Rich was on fire no matter how Pierce guarded him. He got some baskets underneath coming off screens on the baseline, but even the jumpers that were highly contested swished in. Someone eluded to this during the streak thread. Eventually we were gonna run into a guy that was playing out of his mind on a night that we weren't playing well at all. Tonight was that night.

Certainly some bad calls, but even then we're lucky to send this game into OT. They just plain beat us. They had a lot of confidence from the last game that turned into extra energy. We had a lot of confidence from our overall record that turned into laziness. This stuff won't happen in the playoffs because you don't play teams with really poor records in the playoffs so not really too concerning. History has shown we will come back strong next game. I don't think there's any chance Ray or Baby let Doc keep them out either.
Jammer
General Manager
And1: 2,874

Post#24 » by Jammer » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:20 am

Well, and not to be negative (and not highlighting on the lousy refereeing);

Perk, Tony Allen, Eddie House and Brian Scalabrine played about as I'd expect without the support of an on Paul Pierce and Ray Allen to help.

So, some of you have higher expectations than I do.

With PGA present, and 2 on, it's a whole nuther ball game.

Ditto Big Baby's presence, with PGA surrounding him.

So, like I've been saying since October, who is the 5th guard. If 2 are off (Rondo was actually OK, Ray was out, Eddie and Tony were not able to cover for Ray's absence) - so who is the 5th guard.

If it's not Gabe Pruitt, I really don't like trying to go thru the playoffs without someone being able to be shaken up and out for a half or whole game.

It wouldn't surprise me if Danny Ainge and the coaching staff were using a game like this, after Tony Allen had two good games in a row, to see where the backcourt stood.

They have to decide if they want to wait for free agents this summer, or make a move before the late February deadline.

Either way, whether Pruitt plays or not, I still fell that the team needs a 5th guard on the active roster. If not Pruitt, than someone else.

And, Scot Pollard was not up to where I'd like him to be, but I don't see Doc showing Scot any love. Let Scot take a few high post jumpers, or spin power dunks, to get into the offense. Would it hurt that much? Games like this make me hope that Jeff Foster opts out of his last year in Indiana this summer, or the Bulls add someone with a shot like Kurt Thomas.
SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,932

Post#25 » by SuperDeluxe » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:21 am

mr_sunshine wrote:At least Detroit is getting waxed by the Mavs tonight and will probably lose tonight at SA as well. :clap:

Two loses in one night for the Pistons. Can't get any worse than that!
Dav7z
Junior
And1: 25

Post#26 » by Dav7z » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:33 am

You guys are the best team in the league and should win the championship. But tonight J RICH was the man . I know our team is no where near as good as the celtics . Even though we not that good give RICH cradit hes been doing this the last ten games . This guy is playing his tail off and should be considered as a all star.
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,434

Post#27 » by shackles10 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:13 am

I agree to the point that I fully believe Payton and his agent gave Ainge a call tonight Jammer. I don't agree to the point that Ainge was the one calling them. He's at least gotta listen though, and not just because of this game. We've seen that weakness pop it's head up a few times. Luckily we're good enough that we've been able to win all but 4 of our games despite the weakness, but even during the wins it's still shown up.
UHar_Vinnie
Bench Warmer
And1: 425

Post#28 » by UHar_Vinnie » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:45 am

Hey, it's a bit of poetic justice, I guess. I mean, we really had no business winning the first game in Charlotte, but for the idiotic inbounds play.

It was clearly the most maddening game to watch. I was screaming so much at the TV that my two-year old boy started to cry. Poor guy. . .

Oh well, I hope we don't face Charlotte in the first round . . .
Kaykoose
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,406

Post#29 » by Kaykoose » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:59 am

Guys, we aren't ready. We should trade Pierce.
freakon0mics
Analyst
And1: 73

Post#30 » by freakon0mics » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:08 am

You guys should consider yourselves lucky. I'm here in Charlotte gloating about how the C's beat the Bobcats with a buzzer beater. Now everyone is taking shots at me. I have never been more embarrassed. Anyways, the Bobcats have something with both J-Rich and Gerald Wallace. Both of them are averaging over 20 points a game and one was bound to go off tonight.
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." - Michael Jordan
UHar_Vinnie
Bench Warmer
And1: 425

Post#31 » by UHar_Vinnie » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:11 am

DatBoyWonder wrote:Guys, we aren't ready. We should trade Pierce.

Amen, that's the cure for cancer, too.
mr_sunshine
Assistant Coach
And1: 482

Post#32 » by mr_sunshine » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:23 am

SuperDeluxe wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Two loses in one night for the Pistons. Can't get any worse than that!

Oopsies. Well, you know what I meant anyway. :rofl:
rambo_ortega
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#33 » by rambo_ortega » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:25 am

i'm afraid to say that the very athletic bobcats team can be our version of the warriors in the west.
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#34 » by BillessuR6 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:47 am

Are you serious? You think Bobcats can beat us in the playoffs?

We lost because we played unmotivated without much effort. Bobcats aren`t a bad team but if we play 100% we win every game against them.

It all about effort for this team at this point. When we play poor teams we take it easy for the most part and play just enough to win. But sometimes you lose these games.

Next time we play them, the guys will want to show their real face and I expect nothing but a clear win!
bruno sundov
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#35 » by bruno sundov » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:07 am

the celtics never had that 5 minute period where they just dominated the other team. this usually comes in the 3 quarter. It didn't happen against charlotte for whatever reason. Give Charlotte credit, they played hard all game.
celtxman
Analyst
And1: 1,461

Post#36 » by celtxman » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:26 am

The team got the 11 point lead and figured it would be easy. You can say a thousand times that this shouldn't happen, but once you let a team think they have a chance, as Pierce said afterwards, "they (Bobcats) are an NBA team."
In terms of overreacting the Bobcats would likely get swept by the Celtics in the playoffs, if Charlotte even makes it. Do you think San Antonio was quaking in their boots last year, worrying if Boston would play them in the Finals, off of Boston's victory in San Antonio last year?
This is not to be dismissive of Charlotte and wins like this can catapult a team looking to climb the mountain. But this game did snap an 11 game road losing streak they had.
If we go about analyzing things too much, we'll start going to the best teams in NBA history, most of which who lost between 15-25 games in their seasons, and we'll have ourselves convinced that they all should have lost in the first round of the playoffs and teams had ''their number."
You have to lose to SOMEBODY - I'd trather lose to the Bobcats and Clippers and beat Detroit and San Antonio.
The best thing this loss will magnify that the Celtics still have a need to fill those open roster spots.
Dav7z
Junior
And1: 25

Post#37 » by Dav7z » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:26 pm

I would like to say you guys have a lot of class . Because most of you give us some respect . Somthing Bobcats fans have not had . After most of our wins most teams say we just got very lucky. And all our players are crap. Thanks for the respect and even thinking we have a shot at a eight seed in the play offs. Even if we got the eight seed im sure we would get swept. But if we could just hit post season most of us would feel as if we finally starting to make progress. Thanks for being classy fans.
JJHondo17
Pro Prospect
And1: 783

Post#38 » by JJHondo17 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:26 pm

Reasons we lost the game tonight:

1) Kenny Mauer
2) Kenny Mauer
3) Kenny Mauer
4) Kenny Mauer

The tone was set 5 secs into the game with the cheap non-foul on Garnett and continued to the end with the non call on G. Wallace holding Garnett's right arm in the lane on the full length pass.

"Kenny Mauer should go home to his wife, because nobody here loves him."

PS -Tonight's Exploding Cigar Award recipient: Eddie House
DelMonte West
Veteran
And1: 660

Post#39 » by DelMonte West » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:40 pm

JJHondo17 wrote:Reasons we lost the game tonight:

1) Kenny Mauer
2) Kenny Mauer
3) Kenny Mauer
4) Kenny Mauer

The tone was set 5 secs into the game with the cheap non-foul on Garnett and continued to the end with the non call on G. Wallace holding Garnett's right arm in the lane on the full length pass.

"Kenny Mauer should go home to his wife, because nobody here loves him."

PS -Tonight's Exploding Cigar Award recipient: Eddie House

Aw, come on. Don't go blaming the ref for this beer fart. And by the way, when we lose it's called the "Ashes and Butt", not "Exploding Cigar" Award.

Pierce played lazy, Eddy played lazy, Perk was a stiff and Rondo couldn't find the basket after the first. I actually thought we spiraled downwards when Doc put Paul and Garnett back in after we built up an 11-point lead. They immediately imploded.

That actually brings me to my next point: Doc needs to learn to ride the momentum of his players instead of bringing the stars back for the sake of bringing them in. It made no sense last night and our momentum came to a screeching halt.
ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,700

Post#40 » by ddb » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:17 pm

no big deal....we can't win them all...

We wore ourselves out playing against Detriot...The Pistons lost their game too. This reminds of when the Sox play the Yankees..ever notice how both teams usually lose the next series because they just wear each other out....

c's will bounce back.

Return to Boston Celtics