ImageImageImage

This Team Needs One more Scorer

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#21 » by celticfan42487 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:15 pm

We don't NEED another scorer because we have the possibility of the solution on our roster.

Either Rondo beign more agressive while he's on the court and actually scoring then getting blocked. OR Tony Allen miracously recovering more of his legs and driving to the hoop like a mad man.

We have a lot of three point shooters, and a lot of 3 point shot settlers. Pierce can't be our sole consistent driving option in the regular season. Maybe in the playoffs but that's dangerous.

We could also realllly use another ball handler.

Sam Cassel can't be a scorer but he'll know to be agressive enough with the starting line-up to get enough of the effect. Doubt'd he'd be any good defensively but he would allow us to average over 100 ppg (wich we currently don't do).
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#22 » by sully00 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:55 pm

I still think that Pruitt will and should get the chance at some point this season. He has the package that we are looking for he just doesn't have the experience, and he is only going to get that one way.
Scalamental
Sixth Man
And1: 146

Post#23 » by Scalamental » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:58 pm

celticfan42487 wrote:We don't NEED another scorer because we have the possibility of the solution on our roster.

Either Rondo beign more agressive while he's on the court and actually scoring then getting blocked. OR Tony Allen miracously recovering more of his legs and driving to the hoop like a mad man.

We have a lot of three point shooters, and a lot of 3 point shot settlers. Pierce can't be our sole consistent driving option in the regular season. Maybe in the playoffs but that's dangerous.

We could also realllly use another ball handler.

Sam Cassel can't be a scorer but he'll know to be agressive enough with the starting line-up to get enough of the effect. Doubt'd he'd be any good defensively but he would allow us to average over 100 ppg (wich we currently don't do).

I think Cassell could be a scorer on the back up squad. I mean, look at his numbers so far for this year, not to shabby. Though he was injured through a portion of it.
rambo_ortega
Assistant Coach
And1: 13

Post#24 » by rambo_ortega » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:57 am

we don't need another scorer. a big pg who can defend and bring up the ball and a tall big man who can at least finish inside.
billfromBoston
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#25 » by billfromBoston » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:30 am

DelMonte West wrote:I really, really want Brandon Rush on this team next year. There's no way he falls to us and I don't think we'll be able to move up, but he'd be a perfect immediate-contribution rookie for our team, especially if Eddie House or Tony Allen don't return for whatever reason. Also don't want to see Pruitt leave (as a prospect I actually wouldn't be surprised to see him replace Rondo sometime down the road, especially if he plays aggressively).

...The Celtics could very easily acquire a first round pick in the 20's if needs be...by swapping picks, trading, or buying one...

Rush and Bill Walker may both slide to the mid twenties because of their injury history...may be a good late-round pick up...
darrendaye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,969

Post#26 » by darrendaye » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:01 pm

Agree with the overall sentiment that the team could use another go-to scorer off of the bench. In my mind, much depends upon how the team sees Pruitt progressing. As things stand currently and assuming the team resigns House (which I neither support or object at this point), my current late 1st round draft want list would go as follows: Jamont Gordon, Brandon Rush, Bill Walker. Running diametrically opposed to the theme of this thread, the other prospect that has me intrigued has been Joey Dorsey. I don't know that you can find a more hideous offensive prospect, but the guy has a fair chance at being the next Ben Wallace.
Thanks Brad for answering my ad,
"Boston Celtics Barbershop, cutters wanted."
But after KP, your C play? You broke my heart Fredo.

ajones9219 wrote:Is handsome Squidward playing?
sully00
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,716

Post#27 » by sully00 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:56 pm

billfromBoston wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

...The Celtics could very easily acquire a first round pick in the 20's if needs be...by swapping picks, trading, or buying one...

Rush and Bill Walker may both slide to the mid twenties because of their injury history...may be a good late-round pick up...

Rush seems like a first round tweener at this point, no? Beyond the mock draft thing just the fact that he is still in school, this draft is stacked with backcourt talent compared to last season.

What would you say is the flaw in his game? Just the injuries or is there something that is less evident in the college game. He seems like a really solid defensive player, reminds me of Eddie Jones but my guess is not as athletic being the flaw.
UGA Hayes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,044

Post#28 » by UGA Hayes » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:50 pm

I'm not sure that Rush is a tweener, in fact he is something even worse IMO-A pure 2 guard, which for my money is the least valuable designation a player can be. I'm not sure about Walker as I haven't paid much attention to him and he hasn't played well in the games I watched, but the name walker alone scares me.

Return to Boston Celtics