ImageImageImage

Celtics @ Nets Gamethread - Friday, January 11th

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

celtxman
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#201 » by celtxman » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:44 pm

Got a chance to go to the game. the most noticeable thing is the lack of a "6th man" the Nets have with the fans. This games was announced as the season's first sellout, but there were certainly many empty seats. Even when they prompt the fans to cheer, it is extremely quiet there.
In regards to the game - the one time the fans were in the game was after Carter's dunk near the end of the third quarter. The old Celtics would have let it get to 15 and lost that game. But the Celts defense took over and held the Nets to 9 points (including that meaningless 3 point bank with under a minute left.)
I would say at least 20% of the fans were Celtics fans based on cheering after baskets, green shirts, and a very audible "Let's go Celtics" chant after Eddie House's finishing 3 pointer.
Nice to go into another house and see this.
humblebum
Banned User
And1: 1,755

Post#202 » by humblebum » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:59 pm

celtxman wrote:Got a chance to go to the game. the most noticeable thing is the lack of a "6th man" the Nets have with the fans. This games was announced as the season's first sellout, but there were certainly many empty seats. Even when they prompt the fans to cheer, it is extremely quiet there.
In regards to the game - the one time the fans were in the game was after Carter's dunk near the end of the third quarter. The old Celtics would have let it get to 15 and lost that game. But the Celts defense took over and held the Nets to 9 points (including that meaningless 3 point bank with under a minute left.)
I would say at least 20% of the fans were Celtics fans based on cheering after baskets, green shirts, and a very audible "Let's go Celtics" chant after Eddie House's finishing 3 pointer.
Nice to go into another house and see this

Thats good news for the C's going forward. It's always good to travel well, in terms of fans. It seems to work wonders for the Red Sox and I hope that the C's, eventually have a similar status around the States.

Return to Boston Celtics