ImageImageImage

OT: The Knicks spanking the Pistons badly

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

KnicksManiac
RealGM
And1: 952

Post#21 » by KnicksManiac » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:15 am

AWalkerREMIX wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

And what a peaceful comment you made! Were you the one who handed George Bush the wrong dictionary when he asked for the definition of "peace"?

Wow, in addition to being classless frontrunners, I see we also have a comedian on the board. Nice going.

If you'll take the time to look in other threads, I made posts contributing to the discussion. Some idiot posted that he'd rather lose three games to the Sonics, Wolves, and Heat back to back to back rather than losing one game to the Knicks. That was clearly a stupid comment because let's be honest...who in their right mind would rather lose 3 games instead of 1? SO...I called him out on his comment. My post did not warrant the response from RedSoxFan729.

As for George Bush, not many people dislike him more than me...
tanat-0s
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#22 » by tanat-0s » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:46 am

Knicksmaniac1917 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Way to state the obvious, champ. Also, nice spelling on hilarious.

SuperDeluxe
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,924

Post#23 » by SuperDeluxe » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:12 pm

Knicksmaniac1917 wrote:Wow, in addition to being classless frontrunners, I see we also have a comedian on the board. Nice going.

You insist you "came here in peace", but you call this whole board "classless frontrunners"?
bru87tr
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#24 » by bru87tr » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:07 pm

losing to the knicks is one thing, getting blown out of the building is another.

thats a really bad and embarrassing loss. call it what you will but a champ team doesnt lose to a team like the knicks and get blow out of the building. never thought I would see detriot get spanked like that by a team like that.
KnicksManiac
RealGM

Post#25 » by KnicksManiac » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:36 pm

tanat-0s wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

(picture)

E. None of the above.
KnicksManiac
RealGM

Post#26 » by KnicksManiac » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:37 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You insist you "came here in peace", but you call this whole board "classless frontrunners"?

Correct. That was my response. I CAME in peace. Didn't say I was LEAVING in peace.
cfan79
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#27 » by cfan79 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:50 pm

Many of us C's fans have been through the good and bad times. I watched every game last season when we got the East's worst record.
DelMonte West
Veteran
And1: 660

Post#28 » by DelMonte West » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:57 pm

SuperDeluxe wrote:It gets better: Pistons just miss lowest point total in team history.

"I just got off the shower, washed it off," Billups said. "I washed it right off on that shower. Got to forget about that one. That was bad."

Got to give Billups credit...I don't think I'd feel safe taking a shower knowing Nate Robinson's just around the corner.
KnicksManiac
RealGM

Post#29 » by KnicksManiac » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:57 pm

cfan79 wrote:Many of us C's fans have been through the good and bad times. I watched every game last season when we got the East's worst record.

I know. There are plenty of C's fans who aren't frontrunners. A LOT of them are though, as there would be with any team who had a crazy turnaround so fast.
cfan79
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#30 » by cfan79 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:00 pm

Knicksmaniac1917 wrote:I know. There are plenty of C's fans who aren't frontrunners. A LOT of them are though, as there would be with any team who had a crazy turnaround so fast.

I agree, every winning team gets them. I have the more the merrier outlook on the situation. It doesn't hurt having more fans.
Tenbomber
Banned User
And1: 989

Post#31 » by Tenbomber » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:49 pm

ParticleMan wrote:I think they need a ballhandling PG and a scoring C. And a new coach, of course, Saunders is a moron.

:D Sometimes, just sometimes, I like the way you think!

good observation!
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,406

Post#32 » by theman » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:38 pm

It is one game out of 82. It does not mean a whole lot. Sure we have gotten spoiled and think it is the end of the world when our team loses, but any team can beat any other team on any given night. Celtics fans need to remember that when the team loses to a lesser team. It happens.

Does anyone after watching that game believe the Knicks are a better team than the Pistons?

The Celtics should be glad they are not the Pistons' next opponent.
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
ARB729
Lead Assistant
And1: 17

Post#33 » by ARB729 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:18 pm

Knicksmaniac1917 wrote:Wow, in addition to being classless frontrunners, I see we also have a comedian on the board. Nice going.

If you'll take the time to look in other threads, I made posts contributing to the discussion. Some idiot posted that he'd rather lose three games to the Sonics, Wolves, and Heat back to back to back rather than losing one game to the Knicks. That was clearly a stupid comment because let's be honest...who in their right mind would rather lose 3 games instead of 1? SO...I called him out on his comment. My post did not warrant the response from RedSoxFan729.

First off, don't come here and call us frontrunners. We still had one of the busiest boards last year.

Second off, if you come onto our board and tell one of my fellow Celtics fans he made a stupid comment, I'm gonna defend him. It's in my blood to defend a "teammate".

Third, I made a joke. Just because you're bitter about your team and can't laugh, don't be a bitch about it. This is a forum. If I wanna gloat about the team that I've had season tickets to the last three years and watched them suck, I can.
ARB729
Lead Assistant
And1: 17

Post#34 » by ARB729 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:20 pm

theman wrote:It is one game out of 82. It does not mean a whole lot. Sure we have gotten spoiled and think it is the end of the world when our team loses, but any team can beat any other team on any given night. Celtics fans need to remember that when the team loses to a lesser team. It happens.

Does anyone after watching that game believe the Knicks are a better team than the Pistons?

The Celtics should be glad they are not the Pistons' next opponent.

No, but we can still comment and make jokes about the Pistons getting blown out by them. I would expect Piston fans to do the same if we had that happen to us.
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

Post#35 » by roc » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:54 pm

We sucked bad, no doubt. We have a couple games like that every year it seems. I think NY spanked us once last season as well. Sanders does suck though, he doesn't have a clue that sometimes the starters should be yanked in favor of getting some energy/hustle off the bench (not to mentiion get the bench some meaningful minutes in tight games and not just floor time in blowouts). It was actually the Knick's second unit who brought the energy and hustle for them last night.

anyway...

It happens, we just move on and hope Flip learned something. :rofl:
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
KnicksManiac
RealGM

Post#36 » by KnicksManiac » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:23 pm

RedSoxFan729 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

First off, don't come here and call us frontrunners. We still had one of the busiest boards last year.

Second off, if you come onto our board and tell one of my fellow Celtics fans he made a stupid comment, I'm gonna defend him. It's in my blood to defend a "teammate".

Third, I made a joke. Just because you're bitter about your team and can't laugh, don't be a bitch about it. This is a forum. If I wanna gloat about the team that I've had season tickets to the last three years and watched them suck, I can.

:lol: :lol: :lol: LMAO

He did make a stupid comment. That's a fact, not opinion. If one of your "teammates" jumped off a bridge, would you defend him in that case? Your joke wasn't funny. I laugh at the funny jokes. Stick to your day job.
aSizzLe
Junior
And1: 1

Post#37 » by aSizzLe » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:36 pm

a simple lol knicks will do here.

Return to Boston Celtics