ImageImageImage

When the Celtics lose its the equivalent of basketball....

Matt34520
Junior
And1: 0

When the Celtics lose its the equivalent of basketball.... 

Post#1 » by Matt34520 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:13 pm

When the Celtics lose its the equivalent of basketball armageddon with the media and fan base. Its annoying. A couple slips here and there and people are yelling trade RAY ALLEN!!!! GARNETT IS PAST HIS PRIME!!!! RIVERS SUCKS!!!! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE? WE LOST A COUPLE OF GAMES! BIG DEAL. We all know what really matters is what happens in the playoffs. The media has such an ego. They talk so much garbage about we didn't have a bench, we were too old, we wern't playing anybody. And for long time, they had to eat their words. And this goes for the fans too. But now that we slipped a little, ITS I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!

Its a bunch of BS. The funny thing is we still have the best record in the whole NBA. Its funny how everything can change in 5 games. It couldn't have been much more than a week ago we were riding high because we beat the Pistons. Teams lose, The Celtics are in a funk right now. They will get out of it. And then all the Celtics fans will be happy again, and talking about how great its been. Its obvious we are one of the top teams in basketball right now, and we will improve as the we near the playoffs...And we do have a chance at a championship. Don't listen to the wannabe nostradamus's on here or the just plain ignorant fans who probably only watched two games the whole year. Be careful who you listen to.
Ray still got game.
Mister Keys
Ballboy

Post#2 » by Mister Keys » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:19 pm

Lets take one game at a time. Stop focusing on the losses and predicting the outcome of the season. I wonder where the people who doubt the celtics now were in the month of december with one loss to the Pistons?
Matt34520
Junior

Post#3 » by Matt34520 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:22 pm

Mister Keys wrote:Lets take one game at a time. Stop focusing on the losses and predicting the outcome of the season. I wonder where the people who doubt the celtics now were in the month of december with one loss to the Pistons?

Loses are going to happen, exactly. My dad was going crazy last night over the loss, get all pissed off. I told him, this is the NBA, your not going through a season without ups and downs.
Ray still got game.
Mister Keys
Ballboy

Post#4 » by Mister Keys » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:29 pm

Matt34520 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Loses are going to happen, exactly. My dad was going crazy last night over the loss, get all pissed off. I told him, this is the NBA, your not going through a season without ups and downs.

Yup, it's like fans want to shatter the bulls 72 win record over an NBA championship. The celtics lineup had less than a year to work in a team system that has a winning record.
freakon0mics
Analyst
And1: 73

Post#5 » by freakon0mics » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:44 pm

Last I checked the Spurs won the championship last year and one of their losses during the regular season was to one of the worst teams. The regular season doesn't mean a thing. The C's are playing for the playoffs and more. I think the priority is to gel, become a team, and make the playoffs to win.
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." - Michael Jordan
DorfonCeltics
Analyst
And1: 215

Post#6 » by DorfonCeltics » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:45 pm

wiseguys wrote:Last I checked the Spurs won the championship last year and one of their losses during the regular season was to one of the worst teams. The regular season doesn't mean a thing. The C's are playing for the playoffs and more. I think the priority is to gel, become a team, and make the playoffs to win.

Excellent point. Our very own Boston Celtics, who were the 2nd worse team in the NBA last year, beat the Spurs who went on to win the NBA Championship. Good teams lose to bad teams all the time. Get over it people.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,694

Post#7 » by return2glory » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:20 pm

Overall, we have had an unbelievable season so far. I don't think anyone would predict that we would be 30-6 after 36 games.

At the same time it's a little frustrated when he started 29-3, and play like crap after than. Since the 29-3 start, we have lost 3 of the last 4 games. 2 of those lossed have been at home. KG and RA aren't playing as well as they did in their first 15 games. We haven't scored over 30 points in a quarter in about 7 games now. We aren't blowing teams out anymore. We gave up a 18 point lead to Houston, w/o T-Mac, at home.

There are reasons to be concerned. What happened to our scoring?
bru87tr
Rookie

Post#8 » by bru87tr » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:21 pm

what dont you guys get ? this is Boston!!!! this is the way we are. we are tough on our teams. this is new ? you should be use to it.
daveisceltics
Bench Warmer
And1: 517

Post#9 » by daveisceltics » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:52 pm

Well i would much rather see the team lose in the season.
They already have a guaranteed 1 or 2 spot in the playoffs.
They need to be a cohesive unit by the time the playoffs come around.
Winning close to 70 games means jack when you lose in the playoffs.
Ask Mark Cuban about that.

Return to Boston Celtics