ImageImageImage

Scal

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

NickHexum
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#21 » by NickHexum » Sat Feb 2, 2008 2:04 am

Rocky5000 wrote:Maybe he's being showcased. Too bad for us, it's better to keep Scal's abilities a mystery.

I agree. Scal, Powe and/or Pruit, 1st rd pick and cash me be attractive to the Paper Clips for Cassell...
reggielewis
Veteran
And1: 313

Post#22 » by reggielewis » Sat Feb 2, 2008 2:47 am

greenbeans wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i think we all agree that Powe or Davis would be over their heads with a Dirk/Lewis matchup but what about Posey??? why he isnt starting in place of KG is insane imo

because once u move poz into the starting five, our bench suffers. he can score and he really is the defensive anchor in that 2nd unit. if u take him out it hurts us as evident in the wiz games, toronto and charlotte imo. i am not saying we would have won those games but we would have been ain a much btter place. The comparison i am trying to make is that Poz is really our 6th man defensively and although he gels fine witht he first unit, he is much more valuable helping our banch get off to a good start and finishing games. he knows his role why mess with that?
cope1
Sophomore

Post#23 » by cope1 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 3:14 pm

greenbeans wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

ahhhh, out they come. yeah, lets play a guy 18mpg where "the talent is just not there". especially since we have guys on the bench who are trying ot develop and theyre ALREADY better than this scrub. cmon, you really think he deserves 18 f***ing minutes?? its a joke that he even gets to wear that uniform. but hey, maybe he'll hit one out of his next ten WIDE OPEN 3's. hes a disgrace to redheads, the color green, anyone he has mistakenly made eye contact with over the past week, just a disgrace to humanity in general. trade him for the last pick in the draft.

Like I said before why bother...unless you really have a crush on Scal and have been scorned?
"Hope is not a method"......
cfan79
RealGM
And1: 74

Post#24 » by cfan79 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 3:36 pm

I don't care what Scala's stats are. Look at the results, we've won 2 out of the 3 he has started. Plus you have to give him and Powe some credit for their defense.

...and yes Scala and Powe are being showcased.
greenbeans
RealGM
And1: 14,099

Post#25 » by greenbeans » Sat Feb 2, 2008 4:21 pm

cope1 wrote:unless you really have a crush on Scal and have been scorned?

:nod:
ICanOutreboundWalter
Rookie

Post#26 » by ICanOutreboundWalter » Sat Feb 2, 2008 4:25 pm

Two things about this thread bother me

1: Scal's 3 pt percentage, if he is 0-2, is 0, not null. Null would mean you are dividing by 0. I'm a little surprised no one else on here is enough of a dick to point that out.

2: Posey doesn't start because he is not a PF. Seriously, we can't have Posey playing 30 minutes there...10 we can get away with, but those PF minutes NEED to come from Scal and Baby and Powe with the exception of closing the game out with our 5 best players on the floor.
ARB729
Lead Assistant
And1: 17

Post#27 » by ARB729 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 4:30 pm

First off, Glen Davis would have lost the game for us if he started vs Dirk/Lewis. There is no one here that can even come close to telling me he could have kept up or covered them.

Powe is probably the same way. I think the reason he was so effective vs Dirk was because Dirk tried to get tough on him but Powe battled him right back. Had Dirk kept shooting, I'm not sure the results would have been the same.

However, Posey probably could have started. But I think that Doc likes to give him some rest at the beginning of the games so that he is fresh off the bench in the middle of the first, and good to play until at least halftime.

And for all those who are using Scal's shooting numbers, answer this: If he were to take 6 threes and miss them all, you would be happier with that than what he did?
formerly RedSoxFan729
avi623
Senior
And1: 43

Post#28 » by avi623 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 4:42 pm

I think the first sentence from John Hollinger's scouting report for Scal says it all:

"LeBron James is the biggest obstacle to Kevin Garnett reaching the Finals, but Scalabrine might be a close second."
floyd
Bench Warmer
And1: 648

Post#29 » by floyd » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:53 pm

ICanOutreboundWalter wrote:Two things about this thread bother me

1: Scal's 3 pt percentage, if he is 0-2, is 0, not null. Null would mean you are dividing by 0. I'm a little surprised no one else on here is enough of a dick to point that out.

I started writing that but decided against it. Guess I'm only kind of a dick.

I hate when programs (like excel) turn nulls into zero. F's up your averages.
StephenASmith
Ballboy

Post#30 » by StephenASmith » Sun Feb 3, 2008 5:37 am

Scal sucks :banghead:, end of conversation. :nod:
BillessuR6
General Manager
And1: 2,481

Post#31 » by BillessuR6 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 11:45 am

Pogue Mahone
Head Coach
And1: 738

Post#32 » by Pogue Mahone » Tue Feb 5, 2008 1:19 pm

avi623 wrote:I think the first sentence from John Hollinger's scouting report for Scal says it all:

"LeBron James is the biggest obstacle to Kevin Garnett reaching the Finals, but Scalabrine might be a close second."

Which is a ridiculous statement on so many levels. Under what scenario would Scalabrine ever see enough time to have the impact needed to effect games to the level Hollinger hints?

Scalabrine, is, at worst, a solid 9th or 10th man. At best, he is a 7th or 8th man capable of playing all three front court positions and providing above average defense in most match-ups.
sox839
Senior
And1: 1

Scal 

Post#33 » by sox839 » Tue Feb 5, 2008 9:46 pm

Scal does a lot of things that we as fans don't see. He plays deent Defense. n the Dallas game he did well against Nowitzki who did nothing when Scal was covering him. I equate Scal to a player who has real good basketball smarts just not skills. Scal is also a hard worker and paul pierce has said he is the hardest worker on the team. I would like to se him improve in shooting the ball last year he was good from three. This year he hasn't shot well but then again on this team he doesn't need to shoot. Wath he willputting the clamps on Gooden tonight.

Return to Boston Celtics