ImageImageImage

Hey Boston: Cleveland fan here

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Post#41 » by B Mac » Tue May 6, 2008 2:13 am

Hey fellas, another Cleveland fan here. Just wanted to wish you guys luck and health in the series. I think for the most part you'll find that Cavs fans on this site are pretty respectful and wont do a lot of trolling. You'll get an occasional ballboy who thinks it's funny, but most of the core guys dont bother with that stuff. I cant wait for this series to start, it should be a good one and may the better team win.
Datruth345
Assistant Coach
And1: 441

Post#42 » by Datruth345 » Tue May 6, 2008 4:36 am

this is a good thread, fans of 2 teams discussing strategy rationally and articulatley..high fives

pleasant read for 4 pages

everything will most likley change when the games start though...lol
"...That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.” - Bill Russell
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#43 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue May 6, 2008 1:01 pm

Datruth345 wrote:this is a good thread, fans of 2 teams discussing strategy rationally and articulatley..high fives

pleasant read for 4 pages

everything will most likley change when the games start though...lol

Just wait for when all the idiot trolls come out, though...
It's still 17 to 11!!!!
Athanacropolis
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#44 » by Athanacropolis » Tue May 6, 2008 1:12 pm

B Mac, looking forward to reading your posts, and the rest of the Cavs's fans as well. I have a classmate who's a big Cavs fan, so I know there'll be some epic trash-talking going on between us, but here on RealGM, I'll keep it respectful :D
Godfather_Jay
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#45 » by Godfather_Jay » Tue May 6, 2008 3:09 pm

Cavs fan here. Like most, I have a lot of respect for the Celtics. I worry that the Hawks' series didn't really provide a map on how to play the C's, it merely woke them up.

I am somewhat of a pessimistic Cavs fan. Rooting for Cleveland teams your whole life will do that to you. You don't just expect to lose the biggest games, you expect to do it in true heart-wrenching style. See Jose Mesa, John Elway, Earnest Byner, etc, etc.

With that said, LeBron has a way of making you start to believe. Of course, defeat wouldn't be so crushing unless you started to believe. ;)

I expect hard fought games, but I think the Cavs can steal a game in Boston. I really like what I've heard about LeBron going to guys and telling them what he needs - defining their roles. It really comes down to LeBron willing his team to victory in the end of one of the games. Other guys will need to step up, though. So I'm calling a split in games 1 and 2 and the Cavs winning at home to go up 2-1. Signal to the talking heads to start hyping the Cavs and saying the Cs are washed up. Then the Celtics win game 4 and now the announcers will say the Cs got home court back and are now going to win the championship. What have you done for me lately?
MyInsatiableOne
General Manager
And1: 180

Post#46 » by MyInsatiableOne » Tue May 6, 2008 3:59 pm

Godfather_Jay wrote:Cavs fan here. Like most, I have a lot of respect for the Celtics. I worry that the Hawks' series didn't really provide a map on how to play the C's, it merely woke them up.

I am somewhat of a pessimistic Cavs fan. Rooting for Cleveland teams your whole life will do that to you. You don't just expect to lose the biggest games, you expect to do it in true heart-wrenching style. See Jose Mesa, John Elway, Earnest Byner, etc, etc.

With that said, LeBron has a way of making you start to believe. Of course, defeat wouldn't be so crushing unless you started to believe. ;)

I expect hard fought games, but I think the Cavs can steal a game in Boston. I really like what I've heard about LeBron going to guys and telling them what he needs - defining their roles. It really comes down to LeBron willing his team to victory in the end of one of the games. Other guys will need to step up, though. So I'm calling a split in games 1 and 2 and the Cavs winning at home to go up 2-1. Signal to the talking heads to start hyping the Cavs and saying the Cs are washed up. Then the Celtics win game 4 and now the announcers will say the Cs got home court back and are now going to win the championship. What have you done for me lately?

Hey Godfather Jay, nice to have you aboard to talk hoops! Interesting post...I agree LeBron can make a believer of anyone...he's amazing. I am interested to get a real close-up look at the supporting cast to see how it's going to fare against the C's.
It's still 17 to 11!!!!

Return to Boston Celtics