ImageImageImage

LaFlop James

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Datruth345
Assistant Coach
And1: 441

Post#21 » by Datruth345 » Sun May 11, 2008 7:05 pm

its ridiculous
"...That, Mr. James, is etched in stone.” - Bill Russell
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#22 » by TheOUTLAW » Sun May 11, 2008 7:14 pm

ParticleMan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

well apparently the NBA disagrees with you, seeing as how they overturned Cassell's flagrant foul after seeing it was 90% acting by Bron. frankly, i can't remember that ever happening before (tho it probably has). i wouldn't be surprised if they overturned Posey's call too, but i guess that would look too bad for Golden Child so they won't. The refs didn't even call it a flagrant at first, until whiny bitch Lebron complained.

So you can act like we're just whistling in the dark, but the fact is lebron is getting quite a reputation for his pussy antics. It's a shame, because i genuinely believe he's the best player in the NBA. he doesn't need to do all that crap.

I don't think you can blame that on LeBron at all. That was just a bad call by the refs. I really don't think anyone viewed that as anything other than an overreaction by the referees.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Ortho Stice
Veteran
And1: 76

Post#23 » by Ortho Stice » Sun May 11, 2008 8:32 pm

heh8me2 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

i'm sorry but I just don't see any theatricality at all. he got clotheslined running at full speed and you expect him to just keep running like nothing happened. He got hit around the throat RUNNING AT FULL SPEED. Go outside and run into a 2 x 4 that your friend is holding up, neck high at full speed and see what your reaction would be.

When did I even mention the Posey takedown? Or are you responding to someone else? I was talking about other instances, specifically when the feather-weight Rondo bumped into Lebron and he acted as if a canon hit him. And plus you never replied to my comment on his face-grabbing. Lebron holds his face, acting injured, even when nothing hit his face at all. He found out that it's a tried and true method to get foul called.

I don't see when basketball suddenly became such a sport for bad asses, for as long as I've watched this sport its always had touchy fouls and very controlled contact. Stop for a minute before you make wild accusations about a player like calling him a flopper.

No, it's much worse now. In the 90s teams like the Knicks played defense that was basically putting your hands all over the other plays and grabbing them. They altered the rules so you can't do this anymore.
heyjohnny
Sixth Man
And1: 6

Post#24 » by heyjohnny » Thu May 15, 2008 1:54 am

Here he goes again. Lebron gets tapped on the shoulder in game 5, and you would have thought he just got shot in the face by a sawed-off shot gun. AMAZING!!!
grantlongforpresident
Assistant Coach
And1: 124

Post#25 » by grantlongforpresident » Thu May 15, 2008 1:57 am

LeFlop James rides again.

Return to Boston Celtics